TEXT NEWSTIPS/PHOTOS - 925-800-NEWS (6397)
Advertisement
Home » Victim, Suspect In Fatal Vehicle -vs- Pedestrian Collision Last Week Identified By Concord Police

Victim, Suspect In Fatal Vehicle -vs- Pedestrian Collision Last Week Identified By Concord Police

by CLAYCORD.com
12 comments

By Tony Hicks – The Contra Costa County Coroner’s Office identified 16-year-old Jose Grande Castillo, of Concord, as the boy fatally struck in a collision involving a tree trimming truck and other vehicles in downtown Concord last Friday.

Police arrested 28-year-old Concord resident Adelaido Antonio Lopez and booked him into Martinez Detention Facility on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter. He is currently not in custody, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Police were dispatched at 3:35 p.m. to reports of the collision at the corner of Clayton Road and Galindo Street. The case is still being investigated, including whether Lopez was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

A GoFundMe page has been started by Castillo’s family to send his body back to his parents in El Salvador and had raised more than $21,000 as of Wednesday.

Advertisement

12 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

“.. not in custody”?

WTF is wrong with you people?

Ever heard of a “flight risk”? Especially latino?

He’s in Mexico by now.

Heartbreaking. Condolences to all his loved ones.

“Currently not in custody.” Translation: Currently not in Country.

Amy . . . EXACTLY!!
I was involved with a hit and run on Treat and Oak Grove back in 1996.
He too was driving a Landscape Truck and ran the red light on Oak Grove while I was already half way through the intersection on Treat at 6:30 am.
He hit me so hard it flipped my VW bug over and over the island and into the chevron station. It was an old style seat belt and was loose that when the car landed on its blown out tires, I landed on the pull up hand brake handle, compressing my tailbone. I’ve had 5 back surgeries.
He literally made a Uturn and drove by me again with several cars following him.
He had NO license, NO insurance and spoke NO English and when he was arrested, told the police that I was in HIS way!!
I got nothing from him or tha landscape company, they filed bankruptcy and he took off to Mexico. Perhaps he and Mr. Lopez can exchange and compare notes on how F’ing stupid the justice system is here in the U.S.A. The POS that hit me…..did 48 hours in jail before his trip.

This is a horrible tragedy. But I have to wonder….why are the parents in El Salvador? Was he here on vacation? Are his parents not involved? Etc…

I am told by one with firsthand knowledge…

Parents sent him here legally for a better life and education. Kid was living with family, uncle.

I am told the uncle and the kid’s cousins are a nice family.

Many at his high school are heartbroken…

@S That’s interesting, because AFAICT there is no direct process for an uncle to sponsor his niece or nephew.

The uncle can sponsor his brother, and the brother can then sponsor his kids. The average wait time is 14 years.

My guess is the kid was an illegal alien.

This hombre is probably gone by now.

if that’s the case. Anon… we can erase the word legally from my post…

😀

Damage is already done.

My condolence to the victim’s family. I hope the trucking company- will maybe drug test commercial drivers or hire sober ones. Perhaps listen to the google review (7-7-2021) in which they were put on notice regarding a driver for the corporation with recklessness- months before. Hope justice will be served!!!

Advertisement

Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter!

Latest News

© Copyright 2023 Claycord News & Talk