The Claycord Online Museum – The Captain Cook Restaurant On Oak Grove

September 2, 2021 14:00 pm · 16 comments

wpid-20150916_125858.jpg

Anybody out there remember the Captain Cook Restaurant & Distillery at 2153 Oak Grove Rd. in Walnut Creek?

The building burned down in 2010.

restaurant

Click on the tag below titled “Claycord Online Museum” to view other items!

JJ September 2, 2021 at 2:12 PM

HMS Endeavor????

Was vacant for years, burned twice?

XJ September 2, 2021 at 4:14 PM

Went there a handful of times while it was the HMS Endeavor. Great food. Dug some of the bands that we saw there. Sad it is no longer.

Gittyup September 2, 2021 at 2:25 PM

The good ole days!

Ricardoh September 2, 2021 at 2:31 PM

Went there a couple of times. I liked it. Would have kept going.

Bdpirate September 2, 2021 at 2:47 PM

Best pickup place there was!

Dr. Jellyfinger September 2, 2021 at 7:08 PM

It was stop # 2 in The Herpes Triangle.

Dr. Jellyfinger September 2, 2021 at 2:53 PM

I was still a teen when Captain Cook opened, otherwise I would have been there Tuesdays at 10 pm for the drawing & that chest full of valuable prizes!
What a cheesy ad!
I can draw a better boat than that.

whatever September 2, 2021 at 3:06 PM

The site of the slowest built BofA in the history of bank buildings being built.

jprcards September 2, 2021 at 3:21 PM

I remember Captain Cook….Later that was the site of HMS Endeavour I believe. Of course a way long time ago I remember when all of that area was a Walnut Orchard.

bathroom person September 2, 2021 at 3:25 PM

Frequented by the Safeway Corporate IT workers (former office building where Orchards Safeway store is now). Many happy hours resulted in drunken escapades and office scandals by the Corporate workers!

Anonymous September 2, 2021 at 3:30 PM

If you get the right line on it on Google Street View, you can see the old building in the August 2007 view from Oak Grove Road.

Put the little man in front of the Walnut Creek Executive Park sign opposite 2140 Oak Grove and walk around a little and you should find an option for August 2007.

I never ate there. I didn’t even know it was there, really. I’ve driven past it many times since 1980 (when I moved here) and didn’t even notice it.

Bub September 2, 2021 at 6:05 PM

Never ate there but did a LOT of dancing when it was HMS Endeavour. and yes, a lot of Good Local bands. Disco age!!!

Randy September 2, 2021 at 5:14 PM

…ate there as HMS Endeavor … what year did it change from Capt’n Cook?

H September 3, 2021 at 7:43 AM

It stood empty for a long time. My office windows looked at the building. Then people started cooking meth inside and I believe that is how it burnt down. I can remember going there one time, it was HMS. It was pretty cool.

Simonpure September 3, 2021 at 10:04 AM