The Water Cooler – What Would You Change About Yourself?

August 4, 2021 12:00 pm · 23 comments

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday at noon.

Today’s question:

QUESTION: If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be, and why?

Talk about it….

Jeff (the other one) August 4, 2021 at 12:03 PM

My age, make myself 35 years younger, with the assumption of having the wisdom of experience/knowing what I know now.

Randy August 4, 2021 at 1:52 PM

Dawg August 4, 2021 at 12:15 PM

Sometimes I get a big case of the lazies, and procrastinate. Once I overcome the lazies and tackle a chore, I tend to be too meticulous and that can be time consuming, but at least I will get the job done right the first time. Other than that, I’m quite content with me.

Xj August 4, 2021 at 12:15 PM

Where I live. Get the heck outta California.
No water. No electricity. No pork. No ammo. No freedom.

Randy August 4, 2021 at 1:52 PM

… no leadership, high taxes, no accountability by civic leaders, etc.

Hanne Jeppesen August 4, 2021 at 4:13 PM

What prevents you from moving to the state of your choice.

Anonymous August 4, 2021 at 5:44 PM

@Hanne Jeppesen Is that a serious question?

Try walking away from a professional network built over 40 years, as well as friends and family. And then add potentially taking your kids out of school.

And if you leave the state as an older adult, odds are you may never see your kids or grandkids except 2-3 times a year.

That’s why people stay. Geez.

chuckie the troll August 5, 2021 at 9:00 AM

We did it. We talked about leaving for 10 years. It takes planning, careful thought, adequate assets and sober judgement. We looked at a lot of online evaluations of states (education, health care, climate, taxes, entertainment cost-of-living, etc…) before making our decision.

6 months in we are happy and no longer consider ourselves to be Californians. Ammo is short everywhere, FYI, at least certain calibers.

Kentucky Derby August 4, 2021 at 1:02 PM

Be more patient with illogical people. I can’t change their illogical mindset but I can control my reaction. I’d rather avoid them, but that’s not always an option if it’s someone your work with, etc. Very frustrating.

Dr. Jellyfinger August 4, 2021 at 2:28 PM

Thanks KD

Bean Burner August 4, 2021 at 1:25 PM

simple: weight drop. 30 lbs please.

I’ve stopped arguing on social media with all the big brain socialist millennials, Nextdoor karens and beta males so thats a big improvement on my PMA…

Dr. Jellyfinger August 4, 2021 at 10:14 PM

Promiscuous Messing Around?

007 August 4, 2021 at 1:31 PM
RANDOM TASK August 4, 2021 at 1:46 PM

yes patience ….like it

cant say i would need to change anything if given one chance

in this state i can be what ever i want

i can be a tree or a lamp post or a pelican or nothing
i can steal from you legally and break your car window to do it
i can protest your business with fire bombs
i can force a town to enact a racial board to disavow certain colors i dont like
i can take what ever i want ( errr need ) from any large store chain i want to
i can steal your daughters brand new bike
i can reduce your police force
and make them protect me only….love that one
i can pay media to silence breaking news
i can create my own news and have the media broadcast it
i can destroy monuments and historical buildings and murals
i can abort my baby ….by choice when ever i want or need ….
i can shoot up in bart elevators and jump gates and use the train cars how i please
i can use shopping carts as road trains
i can sell your stolen stuff at flea markets so you can buy them back
i can park in handicap with my tesla
i can run around naked as long as i wear a knitted hat with multiple colors
i can not work and collect money for doing so without having to look for work
i can make you put on and take off a mask when ever i want
i can make you get vaccinated to work for me
i can fire you for not
i can teach your kids about what ever i want in schools not just abc 123
i can make you pay taxes to fix things that you allready pay taxes to fix
i can give your money away to whom ever i want to stop my recall
i can pay cities money to place my employees into polling stations with full access
i can ….so why change

john g August 4, 2021 at 2:13 PM

I would become Batman

No Excuses August 4, 2021 at 2:18 PM

🤣just one or two things………….

😁😂😆😜😝😛

Jojo The Circus Clown August 4, 2021 at 2:38 PM

Less time logged into an auxiliary brain

Exit 12A August 4, 2021 at 5:17 PM

Nothing. I am who I am.

hanne jeppesen August 4, 2021 at 10:46 PM

To expand on my point about money. Money when it is gone, is not always that easy to replace. It is not like a boyfriend, someone else, and often better will come along eventually.

Antler August 5, 2021 at 4:29 AM

Maybe if I set a more realistic work load for myself, I would still feel happy!

hanne jeppesen August 5, 2021 at 10:12 AM

My original post about what I would change about myself was that I wish I had learned to be smart about money earlier in life rather than later. I made some mistakes, eventually I learned from them, and although I’m doing fine, 401k, savings, hardly any debt, I could be doing better.

FPN August 5, 2021 at 3:59 PM