The Water Cooler – Paranormal Activity

April 22, 2021 12:00 pm · 46 comments

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday at noon.

QUESTION: Have you or someone you know ever witnessed any paranormal activity? Also, if you haven’t, do you believe in ghosts?

Talk about it….

Dorothy April 22, 2021 at 12:09 PM

Poltergeist anyone? After a bath and water drained I went out of the bathroom to get something. Back in there a few minutes later and there was blood spatters in the tub, just in the tub. Not paint, not nail polish, real blood. Only happened that one time. Same place and my mom always swore there was someone snoring in her bedroom closet from time to time. But I spent the night in her room once and with no one else in the room I got slapped in the face. Didn’t sleep well that night and never slept in her room again. I know where I’m not wanted.

Ricardoh April 22, 2021 at 12:59 PM

Now that is a story I can’t top but it reminded me of when I was young and on a Sunday morning I got up and everyone was still in bed. I walked out to the kitchen and said good morning to our dachshund Schnappsy and he said good morning back. No one believed me so I
never talked about it again. It did happen though.

Dr. Jellyfinger April 22, 2021 at 3:03 PM

My little dog Snickers can talk.

I fed him a new brand of dog food one morning
He took a bite, looked up and said “what is this crap?”
I was astounded… “You can talk?”
He answered “of course I can talk, I always could”
I said “Why haven’t you ever talked before?”
Snickers said “Well…. up until now, the dog food’s been pretty good!”

Ricardoh April 22, 2021 at 4:12 PM

Dr Jellyfinger that proves it. Thank you, they can talk.

Dawg April 22, 2021 at 12:29 PM

When I was living in an old Victorian home is San Francisco, I woke up in the middle of the night and felt a breeze. I looked up and saw a young woman in a flowing nightgown standing in front of my bedroom window. The window was open and the breeze was was slightly blowing her gown and the window curtains. She was yawning and stretching her arms out.
I talked to some neighbors that have lived on that block for for many years, and they told me about a young woman in her 20’s that was murdered by her jealous boyfriend. Apparently, he climbed in through the window and stabbed her to death.
Was I dreaming, or did I actually see a ghost? I don’t know for certain, but I believe I did see what appeared to be a young woman, and considering the neighbor’s story, it seems probable.
Another time when I was a little kid about 9 or 10, I was playing in my grandparents basement and I saw a nurse standing. She had on a white uniform and nurses hat. I only saw her for a few seconds, then she disappeared.
Just because I don’t understand something, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

MoJo April 22, 2021 at 12:38 PM

Yes- I worked at a Firehouse that a few of the Firefighters refused to be assigned to because of paranormal activity. A few were pulled off of their beds in the middle of the night only to end up on the floor with nobody else in the room. Lockers would open and slam shut by themselves, Some even claimed to see shadows walk across the apparatus floor with nobody around. Flickering lights etc. It was an old building in an old city so who knows? Like all things unexplained, if it happens to enough credible people then there’s probably something to it.

Ricardoh April 22, 2021 at 12:48 PM

I would love to see a UFO up close enough to see details. One thing I know is at one time there were people from outer space here or at one time we had advanced civilization on earth we know nothing about. One of the mysteries that gets me is wall in South America that is composed of boulders that weigh up to fifty tons that fit together tighty shaped like a jigsaw puzzle. No mortar and you can’t fit a sheet of paper between them. Another wall where boulders weighing tons were brought in from many miles away of mountainous country and moved straight up a mountain thousands of feet. Without machinery we couldn’t do that now.
There are carvings in Egypt thousands of years old made before the iron age that are so precisely cut they look like they were cut by machinery. There is no way they could have been made by the tools that have been found in Egypt. The same goes for South America. No tools have been found that could produce what has been made there. Something happened on earth many thousands of years ago and we are not close to knowing what it was.

DD April 22, 2021 at 12:54 PM

I read an article recently that since the pandemic/lockdowns started, reports of poltergeists, ghosts, paranormal activity etc. have skyrocketed.

Almost Famous April 22, 2021 at 1:07 PM

Some things are better left alone and ghosts belong on that list!

Mick April 22, 2021 at 1:17 PM

Hallucinations: A perception of having seen, heard, touched, tasted, or smelled something that wasn’t actually there.

Get well everybody!

Pucky April 22, 2021 at 3:01 PM

Wrong…Paranormal activity is rampant, and real

Well Folks April 23, 2021 at 8:29 AM

Mick – you must have not spent time in Gold Hill, Virginia City or even Carson City as there is massive paranormal activity going on.

My friends book store has a obnoxious little boy in residence, And he comes out day and night. The building has been many things including a Wells Fargo stop and a brothel. The boys father came to mine and his mother was already dead. When the father was killed in a mine the boy had nobody so the residents of the brothel took him in. He was 9 when he died from tuberculosis at the brothel. The Gold Hill Hotel has weekly readings as do several places in VC. And there are spirit reading out at the old Stewart Indian School as well. So don’t doubt until you explore.

Anon April 23, 2021 at 8:42 PM

Happened to me in Virginia City. I was going there for the night vision skyway to view various crafts which we are not to know about. I told my friend that if anyone pulls out a Ouija board to do that paranormal stuff…..I was going to leave.

So after the sky watch activity slowed down, we trickled into the front room of the old house (part of the hotel rental, I assume) where there’s one 60 watt bulb to barely light the place….we sat around and talked.
I had what I saw as an old spider web float down in front of me & I brushed the bill of my ball cap but there was nothing and it was about the same time that the girl sitting next to me freaked out and said something cold passed by her. The stairs and upstairs floor creaked all night long.

Another strange situation I had happen to me was where a woman asked me: “What does Blank mean?” I about passed out, ‘Blank’ was a bond / hobby which me and my recently deceased Father shared.
This woman didn’t know me but said that was what came to her when I was in her presence.

Randy April 22, 2021 at 1:30 PM

…. a month or so after our parents died my brother and I were in the living room of the house we all lived in for many years…. we both heard one of our parents call out to us from a back room – my brother and I looked at each other – did you hear that? We did – went into the back rooms, nobody there…. no, we weren’t sleeping, drinking, etc. Absolutely freaked us out! We both heard it at the same time.. was not our imagination..

Concordjet April 22, 2021 at 2:00 PM

An expert on paranormal activity is doing a lecture tour.
He arrives at his most recent lecture location and goes inside to a packed auditorium.

He clears his throat and says “excellent, let us begin. How many people here believe in ghosts? ”

Every hand in the rooms goes up.

” That’s what I value, a truly open mind” he says. ” Now, how many of you have seen a ghost?”

About half of the hands are lowered.

” Fair enough.” Says the professor. “Now how many of you have touched a ghost?”

All but about 10 hands go down.

” Wonderful, now finally, how many people here have made love to a ghost?” He asks.

All but one hand is lowered. The final hand belonging to a little old man in the back row.

“Sir, this is absolutely astounding. I’ve asked this question all over the world, and you are the first person I’ve ever met who has made love to a ghost! ”

The little old man looks at the professor blinks a few times and says ” ghosts? Christ, I thought you said goat!”

Jan fernandes April 24, 2021 at 7:53 PM

Each morning for 3 days I walked downstairs to kitchen out of the corner of my eye I’d see a shadow a tall large man standing by the front door on the third as I was in kitchen he had moved closer I closed my eyes and telepathically asked who are you what do you want he plainly said I’m mikes friend tell him I’m dead so I go upstairs tell mike when you get to work this morning you’ll find out your friend has died he a large tall man mike said your a nut 30 minutes. Later mike calls me you were right my friend Ben died his kids are here crying for 3 nights as we headed upstairs to bed we smelled cigarette smoke right by the front door

hanne jeppesen April 22, 2021 at 2:01 PM

No have not witnessed anything like that, nor do I really believe in it. However, I feel the same way about ghosts etc. as I do about God, no one can proof he/she is real, no one can prove the opposite, so I keep my options open and call myself agnostic. I do know when I visit certain places like Yosemite, or the country of Israel there is more between heaven and earth than I can explain.
Last there is enough going on here on earth that I don’t understand, so I can’t worry about all the other stuff.

Badge1104 April 22, 2021 at 2:51 PM

Hanne, I just spoke to the Lord this morning.
Seriously, when one gets closer to the Lord it is amazing the two-way street of communication you could develop… And the things he will send directly to you!

Dawg April 22, 2021 at 3:44 PM

Hanne, I’m not a religious person and I don’t like going to church, but there has been evidence of God’s existence for thousands of years. It’s just that some people choose not to acknowledge or believe in Him. Your description of the feeling you experienced when visiting Yosemite and Israel is an indication of a supreme power. Some people call that supreme power God.

Dr. Jellyfinger April 22, 2021 at 4:24 PM

I’ve been asking for Super Lotto numbers for years….
How old do I have to be?

Original G April 22, 2021 at 5:08 PM

There are some people who are walking proof, that GOD has a sense of humor.

hanne jeppesen April 22, 2021 at 2:07 PM

Don’t really believe in ghosts, however feel the same way about ghosts as I do about God, no one have been able to proof he/she is real, or the opposite, so I call myself agnostic to keep my options open. I have however visited certain places (Yosemite and Israel, other places)where I felt strongly there is more between heaven and earth than I can explain.

Last the is enough here on earth I don’t understand for me to worry about anything else.

The Professor April 22, 2021 at 2:54 PM

about 20 yrs ago, we lived in Antioch. Our daughter had this Home Depot riding toy that made various tool sounds when you punched the buttons. The engine revved and you could honk the horn.

One night, my wife and I were awoken by the toy in the other end of the house. It started to honk and rev and make tool sounds with nobody around. I got up and couldn’t get it to stop so I took out the batteries and went back to bed. We were awoken later by the stupid toy going nuts again- without any batteries! Needless to say, that toy was tossed.

About a month later, my wife’s friend was over using our wifi. Nobody else in the house and she swears that she kept hearing young children giggling and running down the hall. Nobody there when she looked.

Can’t say for sure what it was but it was definately creepy.

Dr. Jellyfinger April 22, 2021 at 4:20 PM

If I can be serious for a moment (and believe me, it ain’t easy) I did see something I can’t explain and so did a number of people with me.
I’m sure I shared this story before… in fact I repeat things alot, but I swear it is true.
Anyway… one night back in ’76 (or thereabouts) back in my fry cook days, we were about to close up the restaurant for the night and a few of us were sitting around waiting for the boss to finish so we could all leave at the same time.
We sat on some extra seats in the galley way & we were talking about scary movie stuff when suddenly, off one of the wall shelves a “to go cup” full of ice & soda literally flew from the shelf to the opposite wall (a good 5 or 6 feet). Nobody was near enough to have done it and it was right in front and over us! We all got wet (in more ways than one) some of the girls even cried they were so scared.

In a different incident in an empty house, I heard a voice comment on some work I’d just finished “That’s much better” I was more surprised than scared.

JRocks April 22, 2021 at 4:44 PM

I don’t know if this fits into the paranormal category. About 10 years ago I was taking the garbage cans out to the street. It was a beautiful, cool, clear moonless night. My street did not have city light poles, so it was dark, and the stars dominated the night sky. While I was rolling the cans out a thought came into my head. Let me first preface this with the fact that I am not a deeply religious person, I am a Christian, but it is not a big part of my life which made this thought somewhat random. The thought was about Jesus performing miracles. As I carried on with my mindless task of rolling the cans out to the street, I pondered the question if Jesus could really perform miracles. Little scenarios and images flowed through my brain occupying my thoughts. I pictured Jesus getting angry when people demanded proof. I rolled the last can in to its place. I started back towards the house. With a slight grin I quietly whispered to myself, “If I was Jesus and they asked me for proof, I would just make one of the stars fall from the sky.” Just as I muttered those words I looked up and, wouldn’t you know, I saw a shooting star streak across the night sky. To this day I am still amazed by the sign/miracle/coincidence I witnessed that night.

Mimi (original) April 22, 2021 at 4:48 PM

Hoo-Boy!! A variety of experiences: 1) after my father (who smoked) passed away I was working in a small office with my back to the door. I smelled smoke and immediately whipped around to see absolutely no one and no smoke, but I firmly believe he visited me. 2) also after my father passed away, my family and I were visiting my mother in my childhood home and my young (6 yo) daughter was put to bed in my former bedroom. The bedroom has a huge mirror on the wall that my parents had moved there from the front room and my daughter said she heard voices and looked in the mirror to see my father and HIS mother looking at her and saying, “oh! she is a cute little thing, isn’t she?” She came bolting out of that room, running down the short hall into the living room like her hair was on fire!!

Captain Bebops April 22, 2021 at 5:34 PM

I’ve practiced meditation and yoga for nearly 50 years and have even traveled to India. My life *is* paranormal. 😀

Bean Burner April 22, 2021 at 6:10 PM

I grew up in dwntwn Martinez so have seen it all.

But my most vivid experience was in Vegas. We would rent the mansion in South Vegas that used to belong to famous Rat Packer Jimmy Gnecco who wrote the song “Lady is a Tramp” for our firm to stay in at the annual trade show. Cool spread just a 1/4 mile east of the Southpoint resort in the SIlverado Ranch area. The house was full of pics of the rat pack playing and hanging out and the poker table and chairs were the same ones in the pics etc etc

In 2019, my office manager and I arrived a day early and settled into our usual rooms which happened to be sharing the wall between the headboards. All night long her TV kept waking me up like she was watching Laugh In or some game show.
Next morning I asked her about it: theres no TV in her room. But she heard kids running up and down the hall all night. Turns out, caretaker tells us house is notorious for spirit activity.

Straight goosebumps even now…

You want a good scare, go stay two nights in the upstairs at the National Hotel in Jackson on Hwy 49. We saw it and thats all Im going to say about that…https://www.hauntedplaces.org/item/national-hotel/

Jarf April 22, 2021 at 7:03 PM

2005, I was driving in Pleasant Hill with my girlfriend at the time, probably about 2am and completely sober, decided to take Gloria Terrace as a cut through between Withers and Taylor Blvd. In my headlights up ahead is what looks like something white in the middle of the road. As I’m putting on the brakes we realize it’s a lady in a white night gown with long white hair and she slowly stands up. She’s not facing us, all we see is her hair and night gown. She slowly walks off to the side of the road and dumb me was scared of getting conned and robbed so I took off once she was out of the way. Had never heard of the Lady in White until a few years later. Found out digging through the old library’s local historical records that there also used to be a hanging tree in the area nearby.

Carmen April 24, 2021 at 9:35 PM

I have expienced many paranormal activity. Never been scare either.
Lots of dreams with people that have passed away. Grandparents are always visiting in my dreams and I always share my experiences with the ones I believe they are trying to communicate with here in the physical world.
Let me share a few:
I was waiting for 12:01 am to hit on the clock so I could call my best friend for her birthday, i really wanted to be the first to call, so I fell asleep, all of the sudden I woke up and right in front by the bedroom light I saw her husband walked pass looking straight at me, he passed away like 3 years before. That made me jump out of bed, and look at the time and it was just past 12am. I truly believe it was his way of telling me to say happy birthday to my best friend on his behalf, since he woke me up!
On one of my trips to El Salvador i overheard my cousing saying that there is a ghost in the bedroom upstairs, because of all the paranormal activity, so of course I offered myself to sleep in there to prove to them nothing was there. Sure enough I woke up to someone holding down my feet really tight, I then knew my cousin was right.
When I was about 10 years old, my mother had a little store at the market and we will walk home just before the sun setting, we will hold hands when walking, this was a dirt road no electricity, so we saw a person in the distance coming towards us, we were walking on the left side, so she said let’s move to the right, so that we would not come face to face and all of the sudden the person disappeared. Right away she said ” you saw that? Of course I did.
And many many more stories, not sure why this happens to me, but I have learned to live with it.

Aunt Barbara April 22, 2021 at 10:08 PM

When I stayed at the Grande Colonial Hotel in La Jolla many years ago. The room gave a eerie feeling from the beginning. My suitcase would open and close by itself/ there was a misty fog in the room late at night and I felt an eerie presence,, but was not fearful. About 3am someone kissed me gently on my neck and put shivers through my spine.
The next morning I asked for another place to stay in the patio area and everything was fine.
When I returned home, I found this tidbit online:

Kentucky Derby April 22, 2021 at 11:08 PM

I don’t believe in ghosts, nor do I believe in the paranormal. I do enjoy paranormal movies. I’ve read that paranormal activities is a protective shield from the harsher truths of the world. I totally agree.

A friend of mine saw his dad walking through the front door every evening after he passed away. He saw his mom at BART, and his mom never took BART. He commuted on BART daily. He missed his parents.

I believe they’re hallucinations. There are a lot of causes for hallucinations, and they happen . I don’t necessary believe it means you’re not mentally well. It means you’re human.

chuckie the troll April 23, 2021 at 6:25 AM

I dropped Acid once (back in the day) and experienced a lot of paranormal activity. Does that count?

jose April 23, 2021 at 7:04 AM

When I worked at the Concord Main PO I had a supervisor that had a paranormal story. If I remember right it took place whenever his cousin would visit their house. Really weird things would happen like small stones raining down on the house and in an orchard. Old Coka Cola bottle would live up off the ground and slam into windows, and they would be turned to dust. The glass from the windows would be on the outside of the house. Another happening was a shaving razor flying down the hallway in the house.
This all took place at the Gomez home in Clayton during the 1950’s if I remember right. My supervisor even invited me and another employee out to the old home and showed us a scrapbook that had news clippings of some professor that came and researched what was happening there for several days.
Whenever our boss would talk about this, he would get real nervous.
This was told me myself and another employee during the 1980’s.

Dr. Jellyfinger April 23, 2021 at 8:02 AM

They’ve really fixed that old place up nicely.
A couple nice decks, a coat of paint, it’s such an improvement.
Good job guys!

Jaime H. Perez April 23, 2021 at 9:58 AM

I call them Spirits; and yes, I do believe in Spirits. When I was about 17, I went to a train trestle on the farm I lived on; as I did often. One day I asked God “when will I marry?”. With a sound that barely broke the silence against my ear, I heard 26. I did marry at the age of 26, BUT there’s more. As I dated my wife to be, I learned that here birthday is on the 26th of Dec. She’s sandwiched in between our oldest and youngest sons; Nov. 26th and Jan. 26th. As we dated we both learned that both our mothers were born on the 2nd day of the 6th month.Before I met my wife of nearly 45 years, I went into the Navy on 11/26/69, and of course was discharged 4 years later on, you guessed it, Nov. 26th. Oh and yes, I have seen a Spirit; for another day.

Anonomous because my wife would kill me otherwise April 23, 2021 at 10:21 AM

One afternoon, my wife while using the bathroom called out for me to come. At first I ignored her because I could hear her, I didn’t need to see her on the toilet. She called put again for me to come to her.
So I came, and she pointed to the roll of toilet paper. She had not touched the roll, yet it was rocking slightly, then unwound several sheets! It paused, then started rocking again and unwound more sheets!
“What are we seeing here?” I asked. We were completely bewildered.
After about 3-4 rounds of this behavior, it finally stopped.
We speculated what could have caused that. A ghost also using the bathroom? A ghost cat? At the time, my wife’s mother had passed, and we had possession of half of her ashes, was it her? Did we get the bottom half? Who knows.

FPN April 23, 2021 at 11:55 AM

I saw someone manifest. His skin was pure white and he looked angry and appeared to be looking for someone. He looked over my head and appeared to not see me. Then he was gone.

Sam Malone April 23, 2021 at 12:38 PM

The night of my dad’s rosary almost 3 years ago. I was back at my house alone just before midnight. To my right side I heard my name said twice very clearly. It was comforting and I know it was my dad telling me he was at peace.

Will never forget that moment.

Silva April 23, 2021 at 5:46 PM

I know someone who told me a very good paranormal story. He’s a very serious, conservative guy who at that time was my employer. It was long ago so I am a little fuzzy on details, but I’ve got all of the important stuff. I don’t remember how it came up in conversation but it did (we might have been having just this sort of conversation). I could tell he believed it happened and was being completely serious, as he explained his relatives who recounted the story were with him. It was told him by family members in Sussex, England where he grew up. Two of his relatives (his grandmother and aunt, I believe it was) were sitting at a kitchen table very near or next to a window, when they both saw his uncle walking past in the outside front garden. He was relatively closed to the window, and there wasn’t any question of mistaken identity. They were surprised to see him, he had been away somewhere in Europe serving in WWII for a couple of years, and was not expected to be coming home any time soon, yet they had both seen him walk past He was dressed in his everyday clothes, not military garb, which also was of note as he didn’t look as though he was just coming home or had just arrived. He looked as he always did around home, he was wearing familiar articles of clothing they recognized including his own old coat. Confused that they were, they immediately got up from their seats and hurried out to greet him, but they found nobody at all outside. They later asked around to friends and neighbors and even a few places in town but nobody had seen him. Around two or three weeks later they received news that he was killed in the war, and they realized that the day and time of his death given was the same day and approximately the same time his relatives had seen him go past the window.

Kathy England April 23, 2021 at 8:13 PM

We were getting ready for a garage sale and had everything on tables in the garage (we lived in Clayton). Went into the garage and am sure I saw a female ghost just checking out the goods! Our “across the street” neighbors totally believe in ghosts and even shared a Clayton book about them (don’t remember the name). But, I always, have believed in ghosts. I understand that Clayton has a number of them.

theunforgiven April 24, 2021 at 4:47 AM

I was driving my friend home on clayton road and as we were passing the el monte shopping center passing that big tree by goodwill/moutain mikes going towards the direction of Mt.Diablo this fog or haze appeared out of nowhere and came through the windshield like something out of a movie. I looked at my friend and asked don’t tell me i’m the only one that just saw that and he said he saw it too. It was the weirdest thing and feeling, instead of freaking out I was calm and relaxed when it happen.

Another time when I was about 13 so this was 17 years ago or so I was up late one night laying in bed looking out the window and this blue orb the size of a soccer ball or so floated down maybe 100 feet or so in the air above the street and then took off out of sight in a instant.

nytemuvr April 24, 2021 at 11:55 PM

@theunforgiven….I felt calm and relaxed many times on Clayton Rd. at about the same spot back in the 70s….except the windows were rolled up and the “fog or haze” emanated from inside the car.

FPN April 26, 2021 at 9:29 AM

LOL

Jerry Browers April 25, 2021 at 11:53 AM

Back in 1974 we were out in the Clayton Canyon partying smoking pot drinking beer and the White Witch appeared and it was for real blue my blue me away I couldn’t believe it and she pissed off

Bob Kazamakis April 26, 2021 at 11:41 AM

If you like spooky stories, then Parawatch is pretty interesting