The Claycord Online Museum – Clayton Valley Food Center on Clayton Rd. In Concord

April 21, 2022 16:00 pm · 8 comments

cvfood

This advertisement for Clayton Valley Food Center is from 1972.

Clayton Valley Food Center was located at 4700 Clayton Rd. in Concord, which is now the home of Tomizaki’s Champions Kung Fu.

Before moving to 4700 Clayton Rd., Clayton Valley Food Center was at Clayton Rd. and Treat Blvd., before the Bel-Air shopping center was constructed.

Click on the tag below titled “Claycord Online Museum” to view other items!

Dawg April 21, 2022 at 4:44 PM

Is the kung fu picture taken from Google? I can see the reflection of what looks like the Google street trekker in the window.

S April 22, 2022 at 5:10 PM

I enlarged it much as I could without distortion… Can’t tell for sure, but I think you’re right.

Tal April 21, 2022 at 4:47 PM

We never went to that store, I do remember that ice cooler though.
Does anyone remember ABC Market and Liquor? It was where Auto Zone is now on Clayton Rd.

nytemuvr April 21, 2022 at 8:21 PM

That ad is from the Concord High yearbook. I used to stop there for a refreshment in ’68/’69, going to Hal’s Pool Hall or to Master Links pinball room. That old Schwinn Varsity got me around a lot of places then.

redrazor April 22, 2022 at 2:17 PM

Wow! Hal’s Pool Hall!!?? If that’s the one that was in WC that’s now an Italian Restaurant, I spent many evenings paying pool and liars dice there with “JImmy” the bartender and my buddies. Then we’d head down the street to
The Cat Patch for some topless dancing “entertainment”, and cheap beers.
Great times!

nytemuvr April 22, 2022 at 7:07 PM

@redrazor….Not that one, this Hal’s used to be on Clayton Rd., across from the A&W, next to Johnny’s Bar, up the street on Alberta Way was Sil’s Bar….. whoaaaa, I hit the “back in time” dial back to the 60s, think I’ll visit for a few years until all this nonsense is over.

nytemuvr April 22, 2022 at 7:20 PM

@redrazor….And if I remember correctly it was the Kat Patch, across the street from Hokey’s, the best butter burgers around.

redrazor April 23, 2022 at 12:40 PM

@nyt I stand corrected. Kat Patch it was. Great looking dancers too.