Claycord – Talk About Whatever

January 14, 2022 19:02 pm · 48 comments

whatever

Happy Friday to all the wonderful citizens in the City of Claycord.

This is a post with no subject, you can talk about whatever you want. If breaking news happens (such as a shooting, earthquake, etc.), or you hear about something newsworthy, feel free to post it here.

Please Note: Users who use multiple names will be deleted. Please choose a name so others can easily chat with you. Users must provide a name in the ‘name field’, please do not use the ‘@’ symbol in the name field.

Strad January 14, 2022 at 7:04 PM

Have a great weekend.

Dr Jellyfinger January 14, 2022 at 7:15 PM

No more firsties for me…. I can’t handle the fortune & fame!

nytemuvr January 14, 2022 at 7:16 PM

So, where’s this weekend’s “Smash ‘n Grab” social event going to be? I’m entering a betting pool, any clues?

Cowellian January 14, 2022 at 7:19 PM

Cowellian’s first.
Middle Tennessee is expecting a snowy holiday weekend.

chuckie the troll January 15, 2022 at 8:44 AM

I picked up some extra salt for our water softener for use on the front porch and driveway if necessary. I got to Kroger before the storm this time. Right now it looks as if it will be too warm for snow to accumulate, but the forecast changes every hour. Be safe.

Well Folks January 15, 2022 at 8:58 AM

Cowellian
Be safe my friend . I saw something that said you might get some icing. Yuck.
Not to make you jealous but we have low 50’s and clear and it looks like it will go until the end of the month. Nice for us humans but not great for the snow pack in the Sierra.

Dorothy January 14, 2022 at 8:16 PM

No book report.

Have a great weekend everyone.

chuckie the troll January 15, 2022 at 8:56 AM

I’m currently reading “The Price of Greatness” by Jay Cost. It covers the conflict between Hamilton and Madison re: Federalism and Republicanism (the political thought, not the Party). So far it is very interesting and gives an interesting view of the impacts government and business have on each other.

Ancient Mariner January 14, 2022 at 8:44 PM

Ricardoh, did you try the Nutty Safari?

Ricardoh January 15, 2022 at 9:54 AM

Not yet but I will.

phil January 14, 2022 at 10:21 PM

Has the city given up on timing the traffic lights and smoothing out the flow of traffic? Seems like cross traffic on many main roads can get the lights to change as soon as they get to the intersection. The one at Cowell and Babel has to be the worst The left turn light from PCH to Panoramic also seems to have a mind of its own, going green even tho no cars are waiting to turn.

Bob B January 17, 2022 at 11:19 AM

You hit it on the nail Phil. This should be done around the country and it probably would reduce air polution. I thought the same thing a long time ago.Sometimes you come up to a red light and there are no cars turning or going across and you have to wait for the light to change which can be long at some intersections. This is rediculous. With all the technology in the world it should not be a be deal to create and it would save us all time and gas.

weppin January 15, 2022 at 5:37 AM

1. John Travolta tested negative for corona virus last night. Turns out he only had a Saturday Night Fever.
2. The World Health Organization has announced that dogs cannot contract Covid-19. Dogs previously held in quarantine can now be released. To be clear, WHO let the dogs out.
3. I saw an ad for burial plots, and thought to myself, “That’s the last thing I need.”
4. Intelligence is like underwear. It is important that you have it, but not necessary that you show it off.
5. Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y?
6. A courtroom artist was arrested today for an unknown reason. Details are sketchy.
7. People are making end of the world jokes like there’s no tomorrow.
8. Whatever you do, always give 100% unless you’re donating blood.
9. What did Snow White say when she came out of the photo booth? “Someday my prints will come.”
10. I’ve always had an irrational fear of speed bumps but I’m slowly getting over it.
11. What word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it? Short.
12. If you’re not supposed to eat at night, why is there a light bulb in the refrigerator?
13. There was the person who sent ten puns to friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did.

Noj January 15, 2022 at 10:33 AM

Made me laugh, weppin.🙂

Roz January 15, 2022 at 10:39 AM

@weppin~
Thanks for the laughs & smiles…..needed it!

Bob B January 17, 2022 at 11:25 AM

You should have been a book writer Weppin. I enjoyed your post. Reminds me of my own thoughts I come up with.
Maybe John Travolta had Happy Days!

chuckie the troll January 15, 2022 at 8:51 AM

Our guest bathroom remodel has finally been completed! This year we go on to a few exterior projects. I’ll be glad to put the dust behind us. Have a safe weekend and be good to someone you don’t know.

Roz January 16, 2022 at 8:19 AM

@ chuckie the troll~
Yep…..dust/mess, but when it’s done, it feels & looks great.
Fingers Crossed for us, there with be a remodel of kitchen & bath of our house in 2 years. After 45 years at this house. it kind of needs it, LOL!

S January 15, 2022 at 11:09 AM

Pick One: Pozole

A) Green; Verde
B) Red; Rojo
C) White; Blanco

Sancho Panza January 15, 2022 at 12:59 PM

Rojo is my favorite…topped with extra radishes and cabbage finishing it with a splash of lime!

Roz January 16, 2022 at 8:12 AM

A

S January 16, 2022 at 7:50 PM

“A”

I most often make “B” cause I have those fixin’ on hand more so, but “A” it is…

Gittyup January 15, 2022 at 12:23 PM

▪️Popeye’s

or

▪️Kentucky Fried

Jeff (the other one) January 15, 2022 at 3:08 PM

Popeyes, by far. Used to like Brown’s and Church’s, but not seen these around here.

Antler January 15, 2022 at 8:26 PM

nuhhhhhh….. but both the fried chicken and the shrimp po’boy at Huckleberry’s are excellent. (And yes, you DO want the strawberry lemonade!)

Gittyup January 17, 2022 at 8:10 PM

I’ve decided I don’t have much time left and I’m going to live it up.

nytemuvr January 18, 2022 at 1:17 AM

@Gittyup….A blast from the past….https://youtu.be/hnFZsrs32Co

Gittyup January 18, 2022 at 4:10 PM

@nytemuvr What a great group. They had some neat tunes. Brings back memories!

Dr Jellyfinger January 15, 2022 at 1:15 PM

KFC for the chicken (original)

Popeye’s for biscuits & gravy… their red beans & rice is good too.

Ricardoh January 16, 2022 at 6:13 PM

If you remember my friend who left a hospital in San Diego for one in Mexico. First off in all the time I have known him I never heard complain about anyone or anything. He is a pretty happy guy. He left the unnamed San Diego hospital because he was being treated horrible. While down in Mexico he shook the covid but has pneumonia. As of today he is back in California at Scrips hospital waiting for a bed at UCSD where a pulmonary doctor will take care of him. Not yet out of the woods.

Kentucky Derby January 16, 2022 at 10:37 PM

Ricardoh, I wish your friend a speedy recovery. Sorry to hear he was treated horribly. Scripps and UCSD have a good reputation. I hope he’s treated well, and out of the woods soon.

Ricardoh January 17, 2022 at 9:23 AM

Thanks !!

Cowellian January 17, 2022 at 8:06 AM

This would have been Betty White’s 100th birthday. I encourage everyone to take the Betty White Challenge and donate to an animal shelter in her memory.

Gittyup January 18, 2022 at 2:44 PM

A comment I made that reflected the same sentiment was censored.

Diablo Den January 17, 2022 at 9:22 AM

Ladies do you want to get your hubby out of the house? Try SIR.
SIR is a group of mature men who enjoy activities and each other’s company. All are welcome. We have a monthly luncheon with a guest speaker. Other activities include weekly golf, bocce, bowling, wine tasting, dining out, day trips, and many others. We have a branch right here in Clayton/Concord. If you are interested, visit us a http://www.sir19.org or call us at 925 338-1996.
Also you can reply to this post. We’d love to have you join us.

Bob January 17, 2022 at 10:35 AM

Cowards have been once again doing crimes in our Bay Area. I believe most people are decent and this is just a small percentage of cowards commiting these crimes. In the past few weeks people walking their dogs have had those dogs taken away and kidnapped. People lets get together and watch out for one another and use our cell phones to record these cowards so we can capture and stop this problem. People we need to work together and we should beat the crap badly out of these jerks. People lets all work together regardless of our races, religions or political agendas. America is supposed to be a safe place for all people. Lets make it that way. Share my post everywhere so we can make this happen.

Dr Jellyfinger January 18, 2022 at 11:49 AM

Two CVS stores robbed in Walnut Creek last night. No story?

Dr Jellyfinger January 18, 2022 at 3:30 PM
anon January 18, 2022 at 3:43 PM

The suspects were 2 black males in a black vehicle.

Strad January 18, 2022 at 2:29 PM

Free Covid Tess for those that are interested. (www.usps.com/covidtest)

Antler January 18, 2022 at 6:14 PM

“Bricklayer” by Noah Boyd….
This crime novel is tightly-written with intricate character studies and interactions among FBI, Law Enforcement, elusive love possibilities, career climbers, and criminals. If you like the genre, this one is excellent.

Silva January 19, 2022 at 4:58 PM

I copied the following from an email sent by Save Mount Diablo;

Seeno/Discovery Builders and their partners (who are now calling themselves Concord First) are holding their first community meeting. It’s happening next Thursday, January 27, from 6 to 7:30 PM online.
This virtual meeting is an opportunity to let them know your thoughts and to provide input, comments, and perspectives on the Concord Naval Weapons Station reuse project. Let them know that 1,000 acres of city parks and open spaces plus climate-smart development are essential to the project, and that we already know that they and their partners have a terrible record on these and other issues! Seeno/Discovery Builders’ work history is shoddy and full of offenses and controversy. Their own references made it clear that they were the worst of the three candidates considered for Master Developer. More than 90 percent of hundreds of pages of public comments specifically stated that We Don’t Want You. When then-Mayor Tim McGallian, Vice Mayor Dominic Aliano, and Councilmember Edi Birsan chose to ignore the overwhelming will of the people and selected Seeno/Discovery Builders and their partners to be the Master Developer, they made a huge mistake. The people of Concord and throughout the region are watching and preparing, because looking at Seeno/Discovery Builders’ and their partners’ past behavior, performance, and work quality, this 13,000-house, 2,300-acre project may now become a disaster.

The following I copied from a Concord First Newsletter;

Additional meeting information will follow in the
coming weeks as we draw closer to the meeting date,
including detailed instructions for participation. Please
stay tuned for more information to follow. Concord
First Partners, LLC looks forward to listening to the
voice of the community and hearing from you on
January 27th! Please join us for our first virtual community meeting
on Thursday, January 27th from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. This
will be the first of a series of ongoing meetings hosted
by the Master Developer team, Concord First Partners,
LLC and will be an opportunity for community residents
and stakeholders to share their thoughts and provide
valued input, comments and perspectives as pertains
to the Concord Naval Weapons Station Project. All are
invited and welcome to attend.
January 10, 2022

Gittyup January 20, 2022 at 10:16 AM

Just a heads up. If you have workman in your home during the day, check all the windows to make sure they are locked before going to bed. Visitors to the home can unlock a window for an uninvited visit later that night. This was a new one on me. Fortunately, I found the unlocked window before going to bed.

For the single women, take your garage door opener when having your car serviced (maintenance, washed, tires installed, valet parking, etc.). Your opener code can be read and copied and used later to enter your garage. Once there, the thief can spend as much time as he needs making entry to the house. It is a good idea, too, to only surrender the car keys (not the house keys which may be on the same chain) when asked for them. I found this out the hard way, too.

It’s a different world we live in since the pandemic with more individuals than usual financially strapped and committing crimes.

Dr Jellyfinger January 20, 2022 at 10:11 PM

I just discovered a movie mistake while watching “Saving Private Ryan” (for like the 20th time) When they show all the dead soldiers on the beach in the bloody surf and surrounded by dead mackerel….. several of those mackerel have obviously been cleaned, gutted…. already been to market….. just take a close look…. wake up Steven Spielberg!

Antler January 21, 2022 at 1:08 PM

I have often witnessed sea birds and crabs feeding on the guts of beached fish after a storm or hurricane passes. Many times high tide would pull the dead fish back into the ocean, or stray dogs will eat the carcasses.
But frequently, people living in cottages would form “beach squads” to pick up the remainder so that the bones did not become a hazard to people walking barefooted. They would just take gunny sacks full of the stinky mess and dump them off of the ends of the very long fishing piers at high tide.
A few days later, some men liked to exhibit their prowess by harpoon-fishing for sharks (mostly Nurse Sharks then found off the North and South Carolina barrier islands) from the end of the pier and then “playing them” back to shore…. eventually passing the heavy metal line and reel down to men on the beach. It could take many men finally to drag the shark up to dry sand, where it would be shot and butchered (its own remains then bagged and either dumped off the end of the pier or else taken to the sound side and used to bait for huge Atlantic blue-tipped crabs).
For environmental reasons, the above practices started to be fazed out by the early 1960’s.

Antler January 21, 2022 at 1:21 PM

None of the above is to negate your observations re the film.
It was only by way of saying that seeing gutted fish on shore is sometimes a legitimate thing. (Or perhaps they were trying to showwhat the massive underwater bomb explosions were doing to men and sea animals?)

Heartrending to watch those scenes…

Antler January 21, 2022 at 1:26 PM

Okay, so now I see my first reply to Dr. Jellyfinger was first “waiting for moderation” and was deleted.
WHAT??????? It was completely non-controversial.

Original G January 21, 2022 at 9:07 AM

Louie Anderson, three time Emmy Award winner, stand up comic has died.