City Of Concord Dog Parks To Close For Maintenance

January 13, 2022 8:00 am · 18 comments

The City of Concord’s two dog parks are scheduled to be closed for annual turf renovation and general maintenance.

Newhall Park Paw Patch Dog Park will be closed from Thursday, February 3 through Friday, March 18.

The City’s Baldwin Dog Park will be closed beginning on Friday, March 18 and will reopen on Tuesday, April 19.

Renovations will include aeration, re-seeding, adding organic mulch, and allowing time for the natural turf grass to grow and fill in the worn areas.

{ 18 comments… read them below or add one }

The Wizard January 13, 2022 at 8:23 AM

That picture shows the lack of respect some dog owners have of other peoples property.

Janus January 13, 2022 at 9:09 AM

The double entendre went right over you little head didn’t it?

Cowellian January 13, 2022 at 10:38 AM

This is what happens when people don’t teach their dogs to read.

Snakekeeper January 13, 2022 at 8:32 AM

Great picture!

The Old Goat January 13, 2022 at 8:39 AM

Relative to the picture shown, do dogs always hoist the same leg, or do they pee from both sides? Making them ambilegstrous.

Anonymous January 13, 2022 at 10:27 AM

ha ha great pic!

Bill January 13, 2022 at 10:35 AM

I sure wish people that walk their dogs bring a poop bag to clean up. Some bring the poop bag and then throw it in the shrubs. If you own a dog be responsible.

PESFG January 13, 2022 at 11:45 AM

I wholeheartedly concur with your statement.

The Wizard January 13, 2022 at 1:39 PM

And have their Dogs pee on there own property before they take it for a walk. Or teach them how to pee in a cup while they hold it.

stove January 13, 2022 at 11:06 AM

Picture shows a typical concord dog owner, no suprise.

Chicken Little January 13, 2022 at 11:56 AM

Funny, I don’t see a dog owner in the picture at all. Just a dog.

Gittyup January 13, 2022 at 11:21 AM

One rebellious dog. “Here, take that.” Very cute photo.

Torcofuel January 13, 2022 at 12:57 PM

So here’s a question you people are complaining that a dog is pissing on a sign what is it responsible dog owner supposed to do tell his dog or train his dog not to go pee on the walk or on the sign?
Like I said previously when I’m walking my dog will piss on whatever he wants to and if someone doesn’t like it well that’s tough crackers and they’re welcome to say something to me but I seriously doubt anybody would.

The Wizard January 13, 2022 at 1:42 PM

I got a weak blander and I feel the same, you got to go you got to go.

The Fearless Spectator January 13, 2022 at 6:23 PM

I had a problem with someone letting their dog pee on my side gate which is a good twenty feet from the sidewalk. A Red Devil electric fence transformer solved the problem. That poor dog no longer pees on my gate, and probably still thinks very seriously about peeing at all. Works well on cats also.

Relax people, it’s high voltage but very low amps.

Eastbay Babe January 13, 2022 at 4:19 PM

Ok! who is Rain? and why does Rain have a hot line? hehehe

anon January 14, 2022 at 10:52 AM

Oh, look. An antisocial dog owner. Those are so rare.

Patrick King January 14, 2022 at 11:23 AM

If you don’t mind a drive over to Pittsburg, there is a nice fully fenced 3-Acre Dog Park near Buchanan and Meadows. Separate areas for Large Dogs and Small Dogs.