The Water Cooler – Do You Plan To Travel For Thanksgiving?

November 23, 2021 12:00 pm · 22 comments

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday in the noon hour.

Today’s question:

QUESTION: Do you plan to travel for Thanksgiving? If so, how far are you going?

Talk about it….

Simonpure November 23, 2021 at 12:02 PM

Nope…staying home with all the fixings

Dorothy November 23, 2021 at 12:02 PM

About 3 miles to my brother’s place on the other side of the freeway.

Bad Nombre November 23, 2021 at 12:14 PM

No travel plans.

Paul November 23, 2021 at 12:19 PM

Going to Malibu for thanksgiving with the in law. Then heading to Disneyland in Anaheim then head down to San Diego zoo and sea worlds l.

Simonpure November 23, 2021 at 12:44 PM

Fun Times!!! That zoo is one of the best in the country.

Hanne Jeppesen November 23, 2021 at 12:34 PM

No I work tomorrow and Friday as well. Will spend a quiet day alone as my daughter and family is in Southern California, and my good friend in Concord that I use to spend Thanksgiving with passed away in 2020. I will enjoy a nice meal and a glass of wine and the peach and quiet. Don’t mind being alone, since in my job, this time of the year I deal with people all the time. Will be visiting my daughter for Christmas though.

Antler November 23, 2021 at 12:54 PM

Will be celebrating with the family next door (8 at table). My assignment is to bake homemade pecan bars, so I’m off to buy some really fresh eggs.

Roz November 23, 2021 at 1:49 PM

We sure are!
From the Bedroom, to the Kitchen, to the Family room and maybe outside for some fresh air. Plus, we don’t even need to start the car!
🙂

Hayden Barsotti November 23, 2021 at 1:50 PM

Yes. From the thanksgiving table to the sofa in the living room!!

lol November 23, 2021 at 2:42 PM

Drive safe

Tsa November 23, 2021 at 1:58 PM

From the family room, to the kitchen, to the dining room and back 🙂

parent November 23, 2021 at 2:22 PM

Only to Mexico to be with my fearless leader Newscum. Only he would leave the country during a state of emergency, that he declared.

April November 23, 2021 at 3:07 PM

Golf clap

The Fearless Spectator November 23, 2021 at 7:57 PM

He likely has Lindsey Cobia waiting in the Casita next door.
If there is a hell it’s eternal fires and prehensile appendages wait for him. However, he probably likes that sort of thing…………..

Jeff (the other one) November 23, 2021 at 2:48 PM

Nope, only because I typically do not travel over Thanksgiving anyway. Normally celebrate with friends, but cannot this year (like last year-thanks Xi, et.al.!). Will instead light the ‘hood with a lot of Christmas lights in my annual contribution to PG&E by way of an electric bill.

Anon November 23, 2021 at 2:59 PM

Purebloods have been banned from Thanksgiving with the family. Only those who took the clotshot were invited.

Dawg November 23, 2021 at 4:52 PM

My daughter invited me over, and I love her wonderful Italian style cooking, but, I’ve been so busy doing stuff the last few days that I’m just plain tuckered out, and feel like staying home and resting.

reekorizzo November 23, 2021 at 5:11 PM

from Modesto to San Francisco

Bobfished November 23, 2021 at 5:20 PM

Having Thanksgiving here at the house with a couple of family members followed by the annual Christmas light lighting on our home.

Duck November 23, 2021 at 8:08 PM

@Antler, where do you buy farm fresh eggs around here.
I can’t find anything on the net about places that sell their eggs.
I’m looking for truly natural farm fresh for my pasta and bread making.

Thank you.
Duck

PS
My wife and I will be heading to our vacation home in La Jolla CA, leaving in a few hours, just as soon as I get the call that our plane is touching down at Buchanan Field.

Roz November 24, 2021 at 7:21 AM

@ Duck~
Antler might be getting eggs at the Farmers Market,….Concord is where I go, on Tuesdays. We bought some,…$15 for 30 eggs.
Or, if you go to nextdoor.com, you can ask if anyone has fresh eggs to sell from their backyard chickens. We have a few in our area but this time of year chicken are molting, so the inventory is low.
Hope this helps.

Torcofuel November 24, 2021 at 11:05 AM

No travel but have 6 families coming over, so 30+ people counting kids.
No mask sign on front door either..