Injury Collision On Clayton Rd. At Marsh Creek In Downtown Clayton

September 20, 2021 15:45 pm · 16 comments

An injury collision on Clayton Rd. at Marsh Creek in downtown Clayton is being cleared from the road.

The road is currently blocked.

Use caution if you’re in the area.

Sancho Panza September 20, 2021 at 3:55 PM

I drove right by there as the police were directing traffic and seemingly, one of the two drivers ran a red light….or, the truck experienced failed brakes. I hope injuries sustained are not serious.

Dr Jellyfinger September 20, 2021 at 4:30 PM

Unless both lights were green….. I’d say you’re right.

Original G September 20, 2021 at 4:57 PM

Hold up your mouse if you have dash cams in your vehicles.
They can provide proof. In some counties dash cams are in wide spread use.
Here’s an example from a few years back, how many of you remember this from 2014?

Cowellian September 20, 2021 at 5:38 PM

At least one of those vehicles was not supposed to be in that intersection.

The Reverend September 20, 2021 at 5:47 PM

You can clearly see in the picture the Toyota is running the red light.

nytemuvr September 20, 2021 at 11:37 PM

@The Reverend….Don’t quit your weekend job just yet Rev. Comedy may not be the right direction for you…just sayin’.

Phil September 20, 2021 at 5:53 PM

Raw rock trucks driving down Clayton Road from the quarries to the processing plant on Imhoff seem to have little regard for the safety of others, esp. the Foskett trucks. Speeding, abrupt lane changes, running lights and stop signs. I understand truckers often get paid by the load but they need to slow down and quit scaring the rest of us.

Bluebird September 20, 2021 at 9:26 PM

This morning I saw one of the semis run the light making a left from Kirker Pass onto eastbound Clayton. My first thought was, what if someone was in the cross walk? What if they had just taken the first step to start crossing the street?

Randy September 21, 2021 at 5:44 AM

Mario September 20, 2021 at 6:18 PM

I see the trucks from the quArry every day, some drive very aggressively and a serious accident will happen. There are 2 schools on pine hollow, the hours they are allowed to use our streets should be limited. This morning I was cut off by one of the trucks that dumped rocks all the way up Ygnacio

PO'd September 20, 2021 at 9:46 PM

The quarries are grandfathered in as they were here before the suburbs came to Clayton Valley. If you want make things safer, call the Concord PD and let them know-only chance you have.

Randy September 21, 2021 at 5:45 AM

Rich September 20, 2021 at 8:39 PM

With the weight of that truck the driver of the Toyota is very lucky.
I drive a large work truck. I’m never in a hurry, I’ve had plenty of rest and I have a plan of where I’m going. My personal observations are there are plenty of poor drivers on the road

Concerned September 21, 2021 at 5:50 AM

Yup. Those big trucks are an issue in our communities. Their speeding, riding bumpers, running red lights. How about our kids getting to and from school? The thousands of commuters. These truckers need road/life etiquette lessons.

Exit 12A September 21, 2021 at 7:47 AM

Looks to me as if one driver did not heed the traffic signal.
Fair conclusion?

Bdpirate September 21, 2021 at 10:36 AM

Well the trucks are big enough to easily stay clear of them. I don’t drive behind or beside them, nor do I walk across the street even in a crosswalk in front of them, I see thek coming I let em pass first.
Why should hours they drive be limited, that’s just stupid as they are doing their jobs.
Get over the big trucks people just keep your distance it’s not like they can’t be seen.