Walnut Creek Police Chief To Meet With Public Monday Evening

September 13, 2021 14:00 pm · 12 comments

Walnut Creek’s new Police Chief Jamie Knox will be available from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, in the lobby of the Hoffman Theater at the Lesher Center for the Arts, to meet with the community and share his priorities with residents.

Due to health guidelines, only vaccinated and masked guests are allowed inside the Lesher Center.

The city is limiting the number of guests but says it will continue to offer opportunities to meet Knox, who was hired in July after serving as a captain for the San Leandro Police Department. He grew up in Roseville, where he started his police career, later working in Rocklin and Novato.

Badge1104 September 13, 2021 at 2:49 PM

I have faith in the chief and the men & women of the Walnut Creek police department.
My lack of faith is in the Walnut Creek City Council, and their overriding of the police.

anon September 13, 2021 at 3:07 PM

Like…the “stand-down” when out-of-towners stole everything they could carry from Broadway Plaza?? Or – giving the Hall family $4,000,000
(4 million taxpayers dollars) because they were yelled at my Mrs. Hall..9Screaming racism…meaning a white kid’s family gets no money…lets remember the cops, the DA & others deemed it a “in-polcy” shooting by the responding Officers.
THAT City Council ??

Jeff September 13, 2021 at 3:30 PM

Going in person to mention the above issues.

108RS

TTD September 13, 2021 at 4:10 PM

@Jeff, would love a recap of their response to the issues that you will bring up at the meeting.

Ricardoh September 13, 2021 at 4:12 PM

I don’t care that the guy is gay I just want him to do the job police are suppose to do. Don’t give up on booking people even if the DA lets them skate. Don’t hand out tickets to felons who will never show up for their court date.

Dr Jellyfinger September 13, 2021 at 6:24 PM

Geez Ricardoh….. that’s the first I’ve heard about that!
I’ll be more careful about minding the law in WC…. I sure don’t wanna wind up in handcuffs…. in the jail… doing hard time.

Martinezmike September 13, 2021 at 7:18 PM

Seems to me that the chief has made more statements more about promoting diversity then law enforcement.

Graceful September 14, 2021 at 10:16 AM

Are they going to put cars at the off ramps to keep the criminals out, that are coming from the other side of the county…?

Bdpirate September 14, 2021 at 12:34 PM

Another blowhard for the diversity push…

Retired Sac Cop September 14, 2021 at 4:11 PM

I worked with Andy when I was a Rocklin cop (retired years ago). I’ll never forgot him telling a room of male cops that he could give us all a better (b$%job (oral sex) than our wife’s. Pretty shocking even years ago. And that kind of sexualized talk was certainly not uncommon from Andy. I have no problem with a gay cop. Some of the best I know are gay. Like many, I just didn’t like it always thrown out there. I wrote to the WC Mayor that this was all common knowledge in law enforcement circles (ask former Rocklin Chief Lawrence) and in the days of MeToo they should have done a basic background check. Hiring for anything less than talent will always come back and hurt a police department and the community. If I wasn’t 2 hours away I would have come down in person.

Clayton September 15, 2021 at 9:06 PM