The Water Cooler – If You Could Ask Your Pet One Question, What Would It Be?

June 3, 2020 12:15 pm · 46 comments

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday in the noon hour.

QUESTION: If you could ask your pet one question, what would it be?

Talk about it.

T-Rex June 3, 2020 at 12:17 PM

What can I do to make your life better while you’re with us?

America June 3, 2020 at 12:20 PM

I would ask them if they truly understand how much I love them and appreciate their love in return.

Dawg June 3, 2020 at 12:34 PM

Why do you like to annoy me? I have a cat, and all in all, she is a well behaved cat, but she seems to enjoy letting out a loud howling meow at night right before I get ready for bed. I realize she is trying to get a response from me and I try to ignore her, but she keeps it up until I tell her to knock it off. Then she will lay down and go to sleep. She gets the response she wanted and once again, cat wins, I lose.

Hanne Jeppesen June 3, 2020 at 1:27 PM

That’s a cat for you. I don’t have one now, but most of my adult life I have had one or 2 cats. The last one a beautiful orange tiger striped female, had certain ways to annoy. Back when I still received the Sunday paper and like to read it in bed, all of sudden she absolutely had to try to lay on top of me making it very difficult to read the paper.
Her other trick was when she was outside (I lived on a cul de sac in Benicia) was to sit and meow by the patio door and when I opened it, she ran the other way, just to repeat this behavior several times. Then I would ignore her and just leave her out for awhile, and then finally when I would let her in, she would give me a look like: You left me out for hours.” So I guess I would ask her (if she was still here, she lived to be 19) do you get pleasure our of annoying me. All said I loved that cat, and she was otherwise a good and affectionate kitty.

Lambie June 3, 2020 at 7:32 PM

If I stay up late, one of my cats will remind me it’s time for bed. When I go to my bedroom so does she.

Ancient Mariner June 3, 2020 at 8:30 PM

Yes, Hanne – our cat does the same thing!
She fakes us out by waiting by the door, sometimes miaowing to be let out. Them when we open the door, she sniffs and walks the other way. Gotcha again, stupid humans!

AinimalLover June 3, 2020 at 12:35 PM

Question: Can you forgive me and the Vet for not being able to save you?
I already know the answer. We communicated very well. I understood her meows and she understood my English. Her eyes said it all the night before she died. What a sweetheart.

DVC Student June 3, 2020 at 12:43 PM

To speak English so I could communicate better.

Concordjete June 3, 2020 at 12:46 PM

I do not have a pet of my own but, if I did have a pet I would ask my pet what is 1+1 and the dog would bark twice with the answer. This is true, I pet sit for my cousin and I tell you my cousin is amazing he taught his dog to do the math. You can ask what is 1+2 and the dog would respond with the answer 3 by barking three times.

Dawg June 3, 2020 at 2:00 PM

Animals can count. If my cat eats too fast she will throw up, so I feed her a little at a time by dividing her food into six small helpings. If I only give her five helpings, she will meow until I give her the sixth helping.
Also, mother animals will count their babies by sniffing them..

Bill Bob June 3, 2020 at 12:51 PM

Why tf do you like chicken so much?

wesley mouch June 3, 2020 at 12:52 PM

Is your most recent meal always the best one ever?

Jess June 3, 2020 at 1:22 PM

Me to the dog: Does it actually hurt to take a bath or are you just overdramatic?

wipe June 3, 2020 at 1:22 PM

I would as if the food we are feeding her is so good that she feels the need to eat poop as well.

Coco Commenter June 3, 2020 at 1:29 PM

Who’s a good boy?

whatever June 3, 2020 at 1:30 PM

I’ve seen you lick that repeatedly, would you mind not doing it in front of me?

anon June 3, 2020 at 1:55 PM

How much has your dog or cat cost you, per year, in honesty?

I resist the urge because it seems like such a money sync, despite the benefits of having a pet.

Hanne Jeppesen June 3, 2020 at 2:06 PM

Cats are not that expensive, especially if they are indoor cats, so they don’t get into fights etc. One or two vet visits per year, some stuff for fleas, and a few toys. I had toys for my cats, but they were happy with a yarn ball ( I knit) and other things around the house. One of my cats figured out how to unroll the toilet paper.

Shoulda Coulda June 3, 2020 at 2:14 PM

@ anon
That wasn’t the question. Are you married
or do you have any friends. Does it bother
you to spend money on them. It’s obvious
you wouldn’t feel that way if you’d ever
had a pet. A dog or cat becomes part of
your family. You can’t put a price on that.

Dawg June 3, 2020 at 2:26 PM

It depends on the pet’s health. I’ve always been fortunate that mine never have to go to the vet. I have a cat and she never goes outside, indoor cats can stay healthier and live longer. The adoption fee was $90.00 which included spaying, all her shots, a complete physical exam, and a micro chip. Food also depends on what kind of food a person wants to feed their pet. I never buy the cheap stuff since cats are carnivorous, I buy her food containing real meat. Cats don’t eat a lot, so even with the pricey cat food, I’ll buy a 25 lb bag for about $60.00 which will last about three months.
The love of such a wonderful animal makes it all worthwhile.

Roz June 3, 2020 at 3:19 PM

anon~
Well, since you asked the question,…took in a stray kitten and had her for just over 18 years. Know this is totally weird, but I kept all the receipts, for everything,….came up to $14,000+/-,…so about $65 a month, and well worth it.

Dorothy June 3, 2020 at 2:17 PM

Don’t have a pet due to allergies but do help take care neighbors pets when they have to be away for more than a day. I would ask the cats why they won’t talk to me when I’m taking care of for several days. (Just the substitute help I guess.)

Roz June 3, 2020 at 2:25 PM

Been caring for our daughter’s 2 cats for 2 1/2 years (9 months left) while her & her hubby are in Alaska. My question would be, are you two going to miss Mema & Papa and remember us when we visit? I guess that was 2 questions.
But guessing my daughter is wondering if her cats will remember her too.

Simonpure June 3, 2020 at 2:55 PM

They absolutely will remember Roz. They will even remember via smell.

RDS June 3, 2020 at 3:08 PM

“Are you a good boy?” of course. I’d like to know if he knows he is.

DogDog_Dad June 3, 2020 at 3:28 PM

What are you dreaming about when you twitch, growl and bark in your sleep?

The Professor June 3, 2020 at 3:37 PM

Do you laugh to yourself when you see me naked?

Aunt Barbara June 3, 2020 at 10:08 PM

This one wins the award 🙂

Clayton Black Glove June 3, 2020 at 4:14 PM

I would ask my pets where did humans go wrong?? Was it the loony tools cartoons showed violence? Or was it Ren and Skimpy? Bart Simpson?, South Park?, Futurama?, American dad?.
The progression of violence is obvious. But, i want to know what my pet may say.

Clayton Black Glove June 3, 2020 at 4:21 PM

She answered and said “you’re at where we where “.

Frank June 3, 2020 at 4:22 PM

I would ask my dog “Why is it necessary to spend 5 minutes going around in circles before deeming the site good enough to drop a deuce?”

Dawg June 3, 2020 at 10:29 PM

It’s their instinct. In the wild, dogs walk in a circle to flatten the grass so they will have a place to lay down, or in your dog’s case, a place to poop.

FlyingSpaghettiMonsterCatcher June 3, 2020 at 5:16 PM

I have a cat and I would ask him “If I died while we were home alone would you eat my face off?”

double dzzz June 3, 2020 at 8:15 PM

now that is funny ! I also thought of that. with my big dog.

Silva June 3, 2020 at 5:26 PM

“What was that dream about?”.

Evil Banker June 3, 2020 at 5:46 PM

I would ask my dog, “Why does the square of the hypotenuse equal the sum of the squares of the two other sides of a triangle?”

caskydiver June 3, 2020 at 10:56 PM

…now THAT”s funny!!

ON DA June 3, 2020 at 5:53 PM

Tickles first commercial ?

Lambie June 3, 2020 at 7:30 PM

I have 3 cats, so do I get 3 questions?
1. Why do you scratch at the front window & door when you can see the back door is obviously open?
2. Why do you eat too fast, you know you’re just going to puke it up?
3. Why do you keep jumping on the counter/table, you know I’m going to take you down?

nytemuvr June 3, 2020 at 8:06 PM

I have two cats, one is pretty normal but the other one likes to sit and stare into her water bowl. About midnight she jumps up and runs through the house like a banshee for a couple of minutes. I’d like to know what that’s all about.

Silva June 3, 2020 at 8:56 PM

A girl’s gotta get her excercize whenever the mood hits.

Hanne Jeppesen June 3, 2020 at 9:49 PM

Pent up energy. One of my cats would take on a small area rug I had, usually around 4-5 a.m. When I got up, it looked as though she thought it was something live and she was trying to kill it.

FPN June 3, 2020 at 10:01 PM

Do you know I love you?

caskydiver June 3, 2020 at 10:55 PM

“do you feel loved?”

Talkingtopets June 4, 2020 at 1:41 PM

What was your life like before you came to live with us?

jjshawk June 7, 2020 at 9:45 PM

I’d ask my cat, “Why did you pi$$ in my bed? Of all all the places you could have relieved yourself (including your own clean liter box), you picked the place where I sleep! What had gotten into you? I feed you, brushed you, and kept you safe. WTF?