Claycord – Talk About Whatever

May 22, 2020 19:05 pm · 109 comments

whatever

Happy Friday to all the wonderful citizens in the City of Claycord.

This is a post with no subject, you can talk about whatever you want. If breaking news happens (such a shooting, earthquake, etc.), or you hear about something newsworthy, feel free to post it here.

Please Note: Users who use multiple names will be deleted. Please choose a name so others can easily chat with you. Users must provide a name in the ‘name field’, please do not use the ‘@’ symbol in the name field.

wave May 22, 2020 at 7:06 PM

C,…LOL

Dawg May 22, 2020 at 10:05 PM

What about Milk Duds?

Silva May 22, 2020 at 11:29 PM

Gotta go with C.

Silva May 22, 2020 at 11:36 PM

My arm could be twisted by a small box of Red Hots of Good & Plenty though.

nytemuvr May 23, 2020 at 12:19 AM

I get these special gummy bears now, they’re like the old Fletcher’s Castoria commercial on TV…”Is 3 not enough, is 6 too many.”…..https://youtu.be/YaD4qT_wNIk

S May 24, 2020 at 8:08 AM

“A” Jujubes
Every now and again, I pick up a box.

🙂

biggus thinkus May 24, 2020 at 6:34 PM

B-
love ’em, broke too many braces off w Jujubees

DVC Student May 22, 2020 at 7:14 PM

I emailed your tipline email about a police pursuit on Highway 4 in Martinez & crashed. I sent 2 videos of it unfolding in the email.

Here’s a copy & paste of my email:
I witnessed a police pursuit on 5/19/20 approx. 9 PM westbound Highway 4 in Martinez. A police helicopter was overhead & a motorcade of police cars from CHP, Richmond, Concord, CoCo Sheriff (those were all I could verify but probably more agencies). The suspect’s vehicle exited westbound-Highway 4 in Martinez at Alhambra Ave Exit, crossed over Alhambra Ave & got right back on continuing westbound on Highway 4.

I was behind the pursuit & the vehicle hit another car while going westbound on highway 4 at Franklin Canyon Golf Course & crashed into an embankment off the right shoulder. All traffic was stopped & I saw at least 1 male in a white t-shirt standing outside the suspect vehicle with his hands up and police holding him at gunpoint. Someone was injured but I don’t know if it was an occupant from the car hit or someone from the suspect’s vehicle. Ambulance & Fire responded.

Original G May 22, 2020 at 8:08 PM

All five covered, Who, What, When, Where and How.
Well written.

Roz May 22, 2020 at 8:28 PM

Wow!,….that would have been crazy to see.

Silva May 22, 2020 at 7:15 PM

First!

Cowellian May 22, 2020 at 7:32 PM

Cowellian’s First!
This is Memorial Day weekend, and even though many commemorations have been canceled, we should still remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice to protect our liberties.

Sick of it May 22, 2020 at 8:05 PM

Has anyone else noticed the huge increase of Hispanic fruit stands around Concord on the street corners in and near residential areas?. Your thoughts on this ?

SF oh May 22, 2020 at 9:25 PM

I noticed one on Ayers near Newhall Park. It seemed like a odd thing to see during the pandemic. We minded our own business and moved on. However, we walked later in the day and saw that they leave their table, chair and trash under a tree in the park. Not too thrilled about that.

Ancient Mariner May 22, 2020 at 9:44 PM

Yes, I have noticed it. For example, a young Hispanic woman on the corner near my work sells the nicest-looking strawberries I have ever seen! Well worth the price. Hard-working people.

wave May 22, 2020 at 9:47 PM

There’s a Hispanic guy who is selling strawberries, etc. on the corner
of Oak Grove Rd. & Deerpark Dr. in Walnut Creek. My wife purchased a small case of strawberries.

Captive in California May 22, 2020 at 10:34 PM

who in their right mind would buy produce during these times from a random stand?
Their every move is supported by Gavin and his creepy first partner, so yeah, they will inhereit the earth…GET READY.

Aunt Barbara May 22, 2020 at 10:43 PM

Seeing strawberries rotting in the hot sun is never a pretty sight.
I would not trust their fruit handling!
highly suspicious…. beware!

sideline May 23, 2020 at 6:20 AM

why would you purchase from a seller on a street corner?
Anyone supporting these illegal actions is 100% against small, local business.
If you buy: Great thing you are supporting; They don’t have a business license and they don’t pay city taxes……yeah, basically a slap in the face for any business that follows the law.

anon May 23, 2020 at 12:09 PM

Has anyone noticed them in any other city? It would be easy to stop them, just confiscate their produce. They don’t have a license or permits from the City of Concord.

SF oh May 23, 2020 at 2:36 PM

Our wonderful Leaders have probably allowed these makeshift fruit stands in our neighborhoods to cheer us up during the lockdown. We’re all on a Stay-cation!! We’re really still in Concord – but our neighborhoods look like we’re in Tijuana! Yay!!

Brandi May 24, 2020 at 9:26 AM

Fruit on the corner… just another way of paying the farm workers under the table… give them a few cases of fruit to sell & the people who came here illegally can just pocket the cash without paying any bothersome income taxes (also illegal). No need to worry, nobody will do anything about it here in the great sanctuary state of California with a governor that will keep supplying all the welfare & social services (paid for by the taxpaying citizens).

Original G May 22, 2020 at 9:36 PM

File this under, ya can’t make stuff this nuts up.
(read it all the way thru)

Long Island, New York, Nassau County Executive had a warning for residents, of the importance of only handling your own balls.

“…you can touch each others’ balls, but players should otherwise take every precaution to avoid coming in contact with balls of unknown origin.

“You can kick their balls, but you can’t touch them,” ” …

” “To avoid confusion between whose balls are whose, you can use a marker, like a Sharpie, to mark out an X or to put someone’s initials on them,” ”

About now … should mention, warning was about playing tennis during CV19. Where did your mind go ? ? ? ? ?

e.bunners May 23, 2020 at 6:58 PM

OᖇIGIᑎᗩᒪ G
“You can pick your friends and
You can pick your nose…but
You can’t pick your friends nose…”

S May 24, 2020 at 8:10 AM

“B”
Pick My Nose

Hanne Jeppesen May 22, 2020 at 9:39 PM

What is your favorite Memorial Day memories or tradition. Do or did you do the same every year or did it vary. If you have lived in other states, did you celebrate differently than in California?

Dawg May 23, 2020 at 1:31 AM

Every year I remember my best friend, PFC William George Weatley, US Marine Corps.
We grew up together, and we enlisted in the US Marine Corps together. Bill was killed on October 13, 1965 in Quang Nam, Vietnam. He was only 18.
If you google his full name, there is a tribute in his honor. There are also some pictures of him on Google images. One picture is of Bill and two friends in front of a Chevy Corvair, Bill is on the left, I was the one who took that picture, we were 16 at the time.
Have an enjoyable holiday Hanne.

Concordejet May 23, 2020 at 11:13 AM

My best memorial day weekend was hosting friends from Germany several years ago. great memories

Silva May 23, 2020 at 11:58 AM

What a beautiful boy. By God, I hated that war.

RTC May 23, 2020 at 12:24 PM

@Dawg

I looked him up. Nice looking young man. He would be 72-73 today. What a sad waste of a lot of American lives….Thank you Dawg, for everything.

Cowellian May 23, 2020 at 3:23 PM

I was always moved by the Memorial Day ceremonies in Clayton with the Boy Scouts. For several years, the Troop had two buglers on different hills who concluded the ceremony by playing Taps with an echo.

Silva May 24, 2020 at 11:01 AM

I appreciate your lovely question for our consideration Hanne. My truth is that I’m reminded that it was on a Memorial Day long ago my father (a Naval LCDR and WWII veteran), checked out of his life for reasons unbeknownst to me. It always manages to overtake all other memories of events on the day. I am however in utter awe every single day of those who gave pieces of themselves that we could never give back, and of those who gave everything to their country to keep the rest of us safe.

Silva May 25, 2020 at 4:38 PM

Cowellian, I like imagining what that may have sounded like. Thanks.

Captive in California May 22, 2020 at 10:41 PM

Hans, my favorite tradition is occasionally reading the excellent journalism that is Claycord before the Gavin-19 lockdown, before you were here moderating the conversations like a den mother. I also enjoy seeing how personality-less Jennifer Seiible has rapidly aged on instagram.

Hanne Jeppesen May 24, 2020 at 7:46 PM

Who is Hans? Anyway as for me memorial day memories I have two that stands out. When I lived in Ct, we would go to the small town parade, which I loved, then the beach and a BBQ. Here in California I spend many Memorial Days in Yosemite, and my daughter and friends from the Scandinavian Club. We would hike, relax, BBQ and have sing a long’s. All these memories are special to me.

nytemuvr May 24, 2020 at 11:48 PM

@Hanne Jeppesen….This is Hans and his buddy Franz….https://youtu.be/7Mk1nykjnYA

Edi Birsan May 22, 2020 at 11:42 PM

I am doing a survey on Covid-19 issues and conditions
please take it at

thanks

Edi

DrvrdadCA May 23, 2020 at 8:26 AM

#18 should be a 2 parter
Government NO
Media YES

Doh May 23, 2020 at 11:08 AM

The site is down at this moment.

Roz May 23, 2020 at 6:08 AM

To Silva~
How are you doing with your rib?,…..hope you are doing better now,… 🙂

Silva May 23, 2020 at 12:24 PM

Roz, My rib injury is at least 95% in the rearview, for which I feel truly blessed! The other day out of the blue I was succumbed to a string of five sneezes, for what reason I don’t know, but the pain was honestly negligible. All in all, I think sneezing with a broken rib is the worst. I was so very lucky I only sneezed on two occasions during the acutely painful period, and luckily that was about three or four weeks in. I learned with the very first sneeze not to stifle it. That hurts worse than letting it go, which I had to go ahead and do anyway. I’ve noticed a little more soreness since that little spell, but really for the most part it’s over, and I’m back! Thank you so much for thinking of me, Roz.❤

Captain Bebops May 23, 2020 at 9:13 AM

Lost in the masquerade? Listen to the tune and note how apt the lyrics are for today. 😀

Jojo Potato May 23, 2020 at 12:05 PM

Cheer up Captain. Leon Russel’s version was better.

Silva May 23, 2020 at 12:50 PM

Thanks guys. Both are great. That girl could sing.

Here’s Leon Russell (who wrote it)

George Benson’s is a mighty fine piece too.

Roz May 23, 2020 at 1:03 PM

@ Jojo Potato~
Almost anything by Leon Russel is/was Excellect.

Captain Bebops May 23, 2020 at 1:12 PM

Leon wrote the song and there’s also the George Benson version. Take your pick. I didn’t want to make things too difficult. 🙂

lovelace May 23, 2020 at 3:18 PM

Pick one for your private use at home,
A) Sauna
B) Hot Tub

Silva May 23, 2020 at 7:20 PM

I’ll just have an ice bath.🙂

Dawg May 23, 2020 at 10:40 PM

Neither, I don’t like being hot and sweaty, and sitting in a tub doing nothing is boring.

S May 24, 2020 at 8:11 AM

“A” Sauna (a Dry Sauna)

Rod Barton May 23, 2020 at 4:11 PM

Got my workout done this morning
Couldn’t help but notice most people not wearing masks in San Ramon
Still got my wind sprints done because I am faster than the middle aged idiots playing catch with their dogs off the leash,
Parks are filling up this afternoon around my home…picnics happening despite the guidelines.

Aunt Barbara May 23, 2020 at 10:48 PM

aw, I hope he/she is reunited with their family soon. I Love German Sheperds…. so smart and loving

Antler May 24, 2020 at 4:30 AM

Tonight let us all look with triple respect at the beacon shining from Mt. Diablo.

S May 24, 2020 at 9:30 AM

Holiday Weekend Bonus Pick One:

A) Lassie
B) Rin Tin TIn
C) I’m a cat person

Lazy One May 24, 2020 at 12:03 PM

B. Love Rin Tin Tin, I love Lassie too but Rin is the best. I recommend the book Rin Tin Tin the life and the Legend by Susan Orlean.

Kirkwood May 24, 2020 at 12:09 PM

My reply is (C), but among canine heroes I preferred Rin Tin Tin.

I grew up in a doggie family with parents into dog training and competition. When I became single and in the working world, I knew that leaving a dog alone in an empty house could be disastrous to the dog’s mental health and adding another dog often creates a conspiracy. A cat was the answer.

Dawg May 24, 2020 at 1:16 PM

I have a cat but I’ve also had a German Shepherd, which I believe is one of the most intelligent and best looking dog there is, so I will go with Rin Tin Tin…..Yo Rinty!
Trivia: Rin Tin Tin was a real dog who died in 1932, his descendants played the part in television and movies.
Lassie was a fictional character played by a male dog named Pal. Every Collie that played Lassie was a male descendant of Pal.

Silva May 24, 2020 at 1:22 PM

A, B, & C! I only have cats right now but I adore dogs too, along with all the rest of the animal kingdom. I might be more of a cat person though, apparently I can go without dogs longer than I can go without cats. We didn’t have a TV back then, but in 1960s reruns I didn’t have a favorite between Lassie and Rin Tin Tin, though Lassie reruns were played lots more, were lots more predictable, and Timmy was more than just a little bit annoying. Gorgeous dogs!

Hanne Jeppesen May 24, 2020 at 6:44 PM

I’m definitely a cat person, they appeal more to my independent nature, and are more suited to a single persons lifestyle. I love all animals, and there are many dogs that are cute beyond belief, pugs, other smaller dogs usually with curly fur. I had a landlady awhile back those teen age son had a bunny with floppy ears, since they often forgot to feed it and give it water I became the caretaker of the bunny, he was awfully cute and I got quite attached to him. Fortunately they realized they didn’t really have the time to take care of it and another good home was found for him.

S May 26, 2020 at 10:32 AM

Couldn’t stand Lassie; Do not like cats…
“B” Rin Tin…

Stolen bicycle May 24, 2020 at 12:22 PM

24″ Specialized bicycle pink and brand new stolen out of garage on Pacheco st Thursday night.
East of Port Chicago Hwy. It was a birthday gift from her grandparents. She is only 7 years old. If seen alert Concord PD.

Kirkwood May 24, 2020 at 12:40 PM

On this boring Sunday afternoon I decided to look up;
How many cities in the USA are named Concord?
The answer is 31, all but 5 are east of the Mississippi, 3 are west of the Rockies.
Walnut Creek? 6 in the US, all but 1 east of the Mississippi.
Pleasant Hill? 51 in the US, all but 7 east of the Rockies, 7 are in Kentucky.
“Claycord”? none.

biggus thinkus May 24, 2020 at 6:40 PM

note to people going out to restaurants to get food.
please be kind and understanding, many restaurants are running
on a very light staff, and often have “waves” of customers that all
desire the grub at the same time.
we’re trying, but if there’s 5-10+ people in front of you,
even if you pre-ordered, please understand we may not have the
time luxury of taking it to your car.
for those generous, sweet, humans out there, we can’t wait to have
you sit down with us again!

Anew May 24, 2020 at 8:42 PM

Thank you for to all the wonderful local restaurants for somehow adapting to all of this.

And now a question? Who has the best potato salad?

Antler May 26, 2020 at 8:34 PM

Re potato salads….. I’m not sure whether it’s the BEST or not because I haven’t cruised around a lot to decide, but I do love the various kinds made by Strictly-to-Go Pizza (at Bailey Road and Clayton Road in Concord). There’s a German restaurant in Sutter Square which has the delicious hot style…. can’t remember the name of the place and am not even positive it is still there, though. Anybody?
That’s a good question, and I hope you get some more answers!

Anew May 28, 2020 at 1:24 PM

@Antler. Thank you. I have not tried Strictly-to-go Pizza, but now I will.

Antler May 24, 2020 at 9:54 PM

On Memorial Day the 129th Rescue Wing (Air Force) will perform two fly-overs between 11:30a and 3p. Participating aircraft will depart Moffett Air National Guard Base to honor War Veterans and our civilian first responders by flying over South and East Bay medical facilities.

Also, a single HC 130J Combat King II will depart Moffett Field and will make the same honorary salute over facilities more toward the Central Valley……. including Brentwood and Antioch.

Antler May 25, 2020 at 2:03 AM

Noooooooo…… actually they will depart Moffett National Guard Air Base!
(Good thing they are better at flying than I am at proofreading!)

Silva May 25, 2020 at 7:03 AM

I sure would like to see that HC 130J Combat King II flying over. I bet it makes a nice satisfying rumble, too.

Antler May 25, 2020 at 3:09 PM

Ooooooooo-kay…… I researched it, and I named the Field correctly to begin with. The branch is actually called “Air National Guard” (NOT something like “National Guard, Air Division”).
It’s a bit after 3p now, but I still haven’t heard them.

Silva, remember to flash your runway lights (never know WHAT you might attract)! 🙄

Silva May 25, 2020 at 4:28 PM

😆I did! I did! I haven’t heard ’em over here either.

WC Resident May 25, 2020 at 3:50 PM

The fly-over was pretty cool. I’m surprised the Claycord thread announcing it was deleted. I had to dig up the times and locations from another news site. While it would be a great location I suspected there would be a crowd of employees on the top level of the Muir medical center’s parking garage and so instead went to Pleasant Oaks Park. The HC 130J is very noisy! I uploaded pictures to https://imgur.com/a/RoFtyXs

Silva May 25, 2020 at 4:30 PM

Very nice!!! Thanks, WC Resident.

Silva May 25, 2020 at 4:30 PM

Very nice!!! Thanks, WC Resident.

Original G May 25, 2020 at 7:35 PM

Military Policewoman guarding the entrance Corpus Christi Naval base, True American Hero. She took a bullet dead center in her chest but her Vest saved her, she got up, activated gate’s substantial pop up barrier which stopped terrorists vehicle, she then returned fire, killing him.

Antler May 25, 2020 at 8:54 PM

I am ever aware that some of you are struggling to put healthy food on table for your families. If you realize that expensive, unhealthy fast food is not the correct way to go, then you might love a Facebook group called “Depression Era- cooking and cleaning tips for today”. I recognize so many of these foods from the meals my parents served during WW2 and during the various epidemics which would cause the County Board of Health to slap a bright pink “NO CONTACT !” notice on the front doors of homes where there was a dangerous infectious disease reported by a physician (during a house call… yes, they really used to come to your home).
I hope the information on the group’s pages might help you a lot. Please stay well!

Original G May 27, 2020 at 3:24 PM

Did quick search on YouTube and found
Great Depression Cooking with Clara.
Hope this helps.

Silva May 27, 2020 at 7:41 PM

I really like this sort of thing, and I’d like to know more! I’m still waiting to find out if I’m to be accepted into the group. While I was looking around for it, I happened upon this website with some possum recipes. It’s interesting, to say the least. I giggled when I got to the “Coonhound Possum Gravy”, you’re to fry up the possum, cooking it past the point of it being well done. You give the cooked possum to the hound dog, and you use what’s left in the pot to make biscuit gravy. I like possums, and I’m unlikely to dispatch one in the garden with a stick and a rock as far as I know, and neither will I be scooping up any fresh possum roadkill anytime soon, but the ingredient lists lead me to think the recipes could be tasty! I thought it was a funny read.

Silva May 27, 2020 at 8:55 PM
Antler May 27, 2020 at 10:07 PM

Original G…. that is a different group, though it might be even more wonderful…. worth trying both!

Brandi May 29, 2020 at 3:48 PM

Just steer clear of any Bat recipes OK? Please!

Officer Barbrady May 27, 2020 at 7:14 AM

On my I phone I have a bunch of cities on the west coast. Everyday ,lately, they all say the chance of rain is 10%. So I look at the weather radar and there is no sign of a cloud.

I’m wondering if this is tied into the mockingbird that squawks outside my window and wakes me up.

Silva May 27, 2020 at 2:35 PM

😍Probably. Those crazy mockingbirds! When do they sleep?🤣

nytemuvr May 27, 2020 at 3:05 PM

“Everybody have you heard?”…..https://youtu.be/g47_NI1CWNQ

S May 27, 2020 at 3:23 PM

Great Song… Always a fav………………….

Original G May 27, 2020 at 7:31 AM

To those just graduated high school, how’d ya like a job that pays a living wage ? Would you like to have a skill set that’ll allow you to get a job anywhere in the world ?

kirkwood May 27, 2020 at 12:41 PM

I have to agree with OG, having followed that route myself. I joined the machinist trade as an apprentice at Mare Island Shipyard and received my Journeyman certificate and permanent job after 4 years. No cost to me except a temporary lower wage and 2 semesters at VJC. The only qualifying requirements to the apprenticeships were a diploma and passing a10 hour written test. Your score determined which mechanical trades you qualified for, the highest being electrician.

I realize that the situation has changed since my era (the 60’s). We now have a flood of immigrants, a few with some skills, all desperate for work at any wage. Unlike many of today’s young Americans, they are honest, motivated and can see farther down the road. The only barriers are language/accent and cost. Also, many trades have been simplified due to technology and require less skill. Today a builder can hire 3 Mexicans to fire nail guns where the Foreman points for the price of 1 Journeyman Carpenter who can do everything.

To Do List May 27, 2020 at 3:45 PM

Kirkwood: I decided to respond since you mentioned nail guns. First, reverse racism is still racism and you get no brownie points for attacking your neighbors in preference for others from other countries. Second, about the nail guns and saving money. I know someone who hired a contractor to replace 1/3 of the shingles on his roof. Looked nice. Months later, the roof started sliding off. Turns out contractor picked up [Mexicans? Hispanics?] at Home Depot, gave them a few minutes instruction on nail guns and left job site. They ran out of nails but did not know what to do so just kept going ka-chunk ka-chunk without nails. There were no nails on much of it to hold the roof on. You get what you pay for with cheap. Welcome to the real world and not what you dream it is.

Original G May 27, 2020 at 4:56 PM

kirkwood, Have over the years witnessed true masters in a machine shop. Their ability to plan out work steps, problem solve and troubleshooting of failure modes was always impressive. Got us out of some tight spots.

Technology made machine control easier from when it was all grey matter programing. Experience over the years with 36″ to 60″ roll grinders, lathe and roll shot blasting machines from all hand controls to being computer controlled a couple decades later. Then after schooling had to troubleshoot and fix the dang blasted control systems. More than once wanted to have private conversations with so called programmers.

Industrial electricians are still in short supply. We just hired a gal who graduated ETEC program at LMC. An she will after just two years of junior college, be making more in a year than at least one of her electrical engineer bosses. Another guy from summer electrical intern program a year or so back starts work in next couple weeks.

Am having so dang much fun wish I was ten years younger, I don’t want to retire. Teaching, interacting with coworkers problem solving, troubleshooting, building and improving control systems. Plus they even give us bosses and engineers for our entertainment, an ya just can’t get that level of entertainment on daytime TV.

Keep well.

Kirkwood May 27, 2020 at 8:07 PM

OG – Gosh, how can I be brief and not bore everybody reading this thread? After building a submarine I left to an R&D company building toys for the C.I.A. and other stuff for the Gov’t. Then left to the City of Concord to run a wastewater pump station, shorter commute, less money but better benefits. Retired fat. Looks like you might be in the same business that built the control systems for all my equipment, including 2 – 100 hp VFD’s, 4 pumps. In those days the inverters were each the size of a refrigerator with SCRS nearly as big as your fist. Rectifiers about half as big, caps like quart jars. Having trouble naming the mfgrs, maybe Auto-con, Control Data. All supplied by the lowest bidder. All equip w/100% redundancy, cannot stop for any reason. Trouble shooting and problem solving has always been a part of my life.

Cowellian May 27, 2020 at 8:54 PM

Kirkwood, my apologies if I’ve asked this before, but which boat did you build?

Original G May 27, 2020 at 10:04 PM

Famous line in our Maint. shop, “We Make it work !”

Toy part, sounds interesting. Has gotten easier drive wise in last 12 or so years, am partial to GE Fuji AF-300 drives, versatile and fairly smart.

Challenge is doing prep and shop work which is 80 % of the job, an is where you get to find the mistakes. Challenge is getting tear out done, then install, every wire labeled to match prints and commissioning, all in two or three days.

Most projects these days is upgrading control I/O (input output module) control cabinets and teaching second person to take over doing projects in-house. Didn’t think it would ever happen, am upgrading some PLC and I/O equipment for a third time in my career there.

I’ll miss it when time comes, have a fun and challenging hobby that comes with a paycheck.

Kirkwood May 28, 2020 at 9:30 AM

Cowellian … which boat did you build?
USS Kamehameha, early 60’s. It was probably a pretty tightly built boat, the Thresher incident had made everybody nervous. We had another missile sub in for service while I was was there and I got a tour. After I left Civil Service a sub sank at the dock.

Silva May 27, 2020 at 2:50 PM

Yesterday I watched a video which came to my email account called “A special message from Congressman DeSaulnier”, and in it he explains what he’s been through the past several weeks. He looks worse for wear, but he’s healing and looking forward to the future. It did my heart good to see and hear him.

Silva May 27, 2020 at 3:57 PM
Antler May 27, 2020 at 5:49 PM

Astounding contrasts! I really enjoyed listening.
(Liked Josh White’s the best…. by far!)

Antler May 27, 2020 at 6:29 PM

A priest, a rabbit, and a minister walk into a bar. The bartender asks the rabbit, “What’ll you have?”
The rabbit says, “I dunno. I’m only here because of Autocorrect.”

Original G May 27, 2020 at 10:05 PM

I Love it, Thank You

Cathie May 28, 2020 at 5:29 PM

BEWARE OF CAR ACCIDENT SCAM. Got a call today from a man impersonating a parametric with AMR. He gave a identification number (which turned out to be false). He told me one of my family members had just been in a vehicle collision. Instead of just telling me who it was…which I asked right away and he would not answer…he needed to follow “protocol” in determining my relationship to the family member (he used that phrase numerous times). Long story short….he found out I have a daughter and grandkids. He assured me my daughter and grandkids were fine. At that time the other person working with him, posing as the distressed father of the victim in the other car, allegedly took the paramedics phone and started rambling about how cops could not be involved and if so, his son would be arrested. He went on to claim he had taken my daughters phone, threatening myself to comply with his demands. Also making it clear if we tried to contact her phone in any way, he would harm her. He went even further to claim he KIDNAPPED my daughter and her two small children for ransom to pay for his son’s alleged injuries. He was unable to provide proof he had my daughter or her phone. At this point we stopped communication with him and proceeded to confirm with the AMR supervisor, the ID number the “parametric” gave me was false and there had been no reports of any vehicle accidents in Concord or Clayton. After that was established, we proceeded to go my daughter’s house, found her safe and sound, with her phone.
Moral of the story…..if anyone calls and tells you a family member has been in an accident and won’t tell you who that member is, it is a scam.
As ridiculous and as unbelievable this situation was….it was still very stressful. If it sounds fishy…it is. Be aware, be safe.

Silva May 28, 2020 at 9:35 PM

Holy Mackerel, that must’ve been stressful. It’s a good thing you managed to keep your wits and your cool. Thanks for the heads up. I had not heard of that one yet!

Cowellian May 29, 2020 at 7:07 AM

I am not going to forget to last this week.

Take that, KAD!

Silva May 29, 2020 at 9:35 AM

Ahhhh, at LAST, heartfelt thanks from my poor sad roses to whoever turned down the heat!!!

KAD May 29, 2020 at 3:15 PM

Last back at you Cowellian.

lovelace May 29, 2020 at 4:15 PM

Last ! This may be my first last, Maybe later I can get my second first.
Wow I need a baseball game!!!!!!

KAD May 29, 2020 at 5:13 PM

Another last.

Brandi May 29, 2020 at 6:55 PM

There is no glory in being last….. so somebody else go right ahead.