The Water Cooler – Do You Do Anything Special for Valentine’s Day?

February 14, 2020 12:00 pm · 22 comments

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday in the noon hour.

Do you do anything special for Valentine’s Day, or is it just another day?

Also, if you absolutely had to pick a restaurant to visit on Valentine’s Day and you were guaranteed to get in without waiting, where would you go?

Talk about it….

{ 22 comments… read them below or add one }

Simonpure February 14, 2020 at 12:36 PM

Bought the Missy a plush full length hooded bath robe and a pair of warm slippers. (will be delivered today) As far as a restaurant…we will not go out but I do see a Leonidas Belgian Chocolates affair in near future 🙂

Happy Valentines day Roz, S and Silva. Hope you have a great day ladies.

Roz February 14, 2020 at 1:46 PM

Thank You Simonpure, and the same to You and the Missy!
I had a feeling that Leonidas Belgian Chocolates were in order for the day for you.

Careful observer February 14, 2020 at 1:26 PM

Though it can be a bit of a “Hallmark Holiday” I don’t see the harm in exchanging a note and small gift, going out and spending extravagantly aren’t necessary to show love & appreciation.

Dorothy February 14, 2020 at 1:38 PM

Something special? Only what I will never see, an honest politician.

But if I could get someone to take me to dinner I would like to go to Texas Roadhouse!

Barbie Girl February 14, 2020 at 1:52 PM

Stay home. Cards and candy for the kiddos. Chinese food and cupcakes.

Gititogether February 14, 2020 at 1:58 PM

Probably….House of Prime Rib

Roz February 14, 2020 at 2:04 PM

Nah,…don’t need anything special, just each other,…Hubby is my best buddy.
Will not be going to a restaurant, since Hubby is a grill master.
But I did buy him a Valentine’s Day card, let him know I am looking forward to growing old with him. We’ve been married 42 years, and hope we make to our 75th Anniversary. 🙂

Simonpure February 14, 2020 at 4:20 PM

That’s so sweet Roz…you two got us beat by two years. The wife is the grill master around here. I tend to overcook everything 🙂

FPN February 14, 2020 at 5:34 PM

Ohhh Happy Valentine’s Day to you and Hubby.

Mr. Smith February 14, 2020 at 2:06 PM

We go to Olive Garden.

Exit 12A February 14, 2020 at 3:33 PM

Nothing special. We exchange cards today. That’s it.

Tomorrow we cook dinner together. The menu:

Shrimp cocktails
Romaine chef salad (small)
Grilled ribeye steak, medium rare.
Steamed lobster tails with drawn lemon-butter
Sauteed yukon potatoes, onions, & mushrooms with rosemary
Cheesecake with blueberries
2016 Silver Oak Napa Valley cabernet sauvignon

Exit 12A February 14, 2020 at 4:46 PM

Oops. my bad… 2015 Silver Oak Napa Valley cabernet sauvignon

Roz February 14, 2020 at 6:05 PM

Well Dinner sound Yummy,…and special too!

nytemuvr February 14, 2020 at 6:32 PM

@Exit 12A…Yeah, that 2016 is just swill. I have a nice 1971 Boone’s Farm Strawberry Hill that’s been aging in my cellar, any takers? I only have a couple of bottles left!

Dennis February 15, 2020 at 11:40 AM

Can I join this awesome feast??

Mr. ron February 14, 2020 at 4:38 PM

Mcdonalds date, we love there big macs and french fries

S February 14, 2020 at 5:15 PM

I occasionally get a Big Mac Attack… Yum.

Anon February 14, 2020 at 4:41 PM

No. The Ladies hate me.

S February 14, 2020 at 5:07 PM

split a box of SEES’ Nuts&Chews and a quart of milk… Livin’!!!

Doh February 14, 2020 at 7:21 PM

For that “special” someone, the San Antonio Zoo will let you name a cockroach or a rat after your former lover and feed it to an animal where you can watch it livestreamed for all the world to see their very first “Cry Me a Cockroach” event taking place on Valentine’s Day this Friday.
“You will be able to name a cockroach after your ex, and we will serve it up as a snack to one of our animals for only $5,” said the San Antonio Zoo in their event announcement. “If your ex was a snake, you can even name a rat after them, and we will feed it to a reptile for $25.”

Porterville February 15, 2020 at 5:56 AM

Nope it’s just another day, we’re not into designated “theme named days”.

caskydiver February 15, 2020 at 10:26 AM

Nothing really special…save that for another day when prices, crowds, and service are all better.

If I could go anywhere and guaranteed entry, I’d choose the French Laundry.