Claycord – Talk About Whatever

February 14, 2020 19:05 pm · 27 comments

whatever

Happy Friday to all the wonderful citizens in the City of Claycord.

This is a post with no subject, you can talk about whatever you want. If breaking news happens (such a shooting, earthquake, etc.), or you hear about something newsworthy, feel free to post it here.

Please Note: Users who use multiple names will be deleted. Please choose a name so others can easily chat with you. Users must provide a name in the ‘name field’, please do not use the ‘@’ symbol in the name field.

wave February 14, 2020 at 7:06 PM

Wave first, !!! ????

Strad February 14, 2020 at 7:13 PM

Have a nice weekend!

Doh February 14, 2020 at 7:22 PM

At 7.22 PM I doubt I am first.

Cowellian February 14, 2020 at 7:47 PM

Cowellian’s First

Eastbay Babe February 14, 2020 at 8:54 PM

What the heck happen this morning around 11 am at the corner of East Street & Willow Pass Road? There were like 5 to 6 cars, some banged up and some severely crushed in. There were like 2 ambulances and I think 2 Fire Trucks. People please drive safely and be alert on the road..

S February 15, 2020 at 4:21 PM

Well, what happened is 5 or 6 cars got banged up; some were pretty severe. Then 1 maybe 2 or more ambulances showed up. Also 2 fire trucks maybe, or were they fire engines; I’m not sure the difference, but a firefighter can explain it. Does that help?

🙂

Dorothy February 14, 2020 at 9:07 PM

Happy Valentine’s day. Hope you all got sweets from your sweeties.

KAD February 14, 2020 at 11:18 PM

Have a great weekend everyone.

Original G February 15, 2020 at 2:24 PM

Worth setting the DVR for.
The Method: Kuma Films
on Mon, Feb 17 1:00 PM Ovation channel, comcast 270.

Two brothers from Utah making videos professionally and on YouTube channel, Kuma Films.

Impressive camera work showing what is possible and editing is good. In some of their earlier videos on YouTube they list equipment used in making of videos.

Anon February 16, 2020 at 8:07 PM

Curious to know if anyone else has noticed this new trend, is there a “Stop Sign Challenge” game that people are doing???
I’ve been seeing motorists drive right through stop signs, I don’t mean ‘California stops’…….but they never even brake or lift foot off of the accelerator – they just go right through like there never even was a stop sign or an intersection. This is where STOP is painted on the street as well as a regular Red stop sign.

Maybe a solution to this is put a speed bump at the stop sign? Won’t hurt anyone’s vehicles who Stop at the sign only those who blast through at 35mph.

The Fearless Spectator February 17, 2020 at 9:37 AM

It’s a generational thing. The attitude is that others will take evasive measures and not hit them.

I had one look right at me as he blew the stop sign, and then turned into his own driveway! If I was a bad guy, a lot of bad things could have happened, then or later.

Rule one for being a jerk: If you are going to do something provacative don’t let them know where you live!

Khloe February 16, 2020 at 9:35 PM

Bummer, I liked that store.

The Fearless Spectator February 17, 2020 at 11:30 AM

Robo calls should be a felony.

Doh February 21, 2020 at 2:52 PM

We need stronger law against telemarketing. Despite robocalls being against the law there is no penalty specified. It is up to a $10,000- fine each time they spoof a phone number but it is not enforced. That’s why all telemarketers do it. Assign a penalty to be paid to the consumer who catches them.

I have been suing telemarketers for a few years now. Sometimes it is a pain and other time less so. I wrote a letter to be copied, pasted and sent to all of the law makers requesting specific improvements to the telemarketing laws based on my experiences. I would be happy to post it again. .

Maybe February 17, 2020 at 6:10 PM

South Bay Lawmaker Pushes For Felony Charges In Car Thefts Targeting Electronics.

Silva February 18, 2020 at 9:21 AM

HA! I have more Neanderthal variants than 78% of 23andMe customers. I think I already knew that though.

Jojo Potato February 20, 2020 at 10:38 AM

Gee Silva, you actually believe that crap? I hope you read the whole terms and conditions. I wonder what you will think when the cops come to your door with a warrant based on your DNA that you (this part is so sad) actually paid to have put into that company’s database. Anyway good luck to you.

Silva February 20, 2020 at 2:37 PM

Wow, nobody’s even a little surprised, either.😉

Jojo Potato, what can I say.. curiosity got the better of me. Not participating in criminal behavior has worked well for me thus far, but I know there’s not a guarantee it won’t come back to bite me. On the other hand now I know who my paternal relatives were (I’ve never had any idea), where they came from and lived, and even how some died, which I’ve spend part of 60+ years wondering about. Of course most of them are dead dead by now, but I think it’s still very interesting stuff.

Jojo Potato February 21, 2020 at 1:36 PM

Silva, far away for me to denigrate your ancestry. I just like people to understand what they are really signing up for when they get with those programs. Not much mastadon hunting in WC or I would invite you over.

HappyPappy February 21, 2020 at 2:54 PM

Silva,
Neanderthal huh, that’s interesting. I remember some TV show a while back claiming there was Neanderthal in the gene pools.
Do you have big feet and a uni-brow? 🙂

WC Resident February 21, 2020 at 4:12 PM

@Silva – I’m concerned about people who are falsely accused and perhaps convicted based on DNA evidence. DNA matches are not 100% infallible but is often treated as if they were so.

I’m also ambivalent about the possibility of profiling based on DNA data. Let’s say an insurance company either won’t cover you or wants an extreme surcharge to cover you based on what they see in your DNA profile. In the past you were part of a large pool of covered people and it was a numbers game. Some people would fall ill with a covered condition and the pool paid for medical care. Now through DNA, insurance companies can identify those that pose an unusual risk. Should those people be denied coverage?

Kirkwood February 20, 2020 at 10:47 AM

Don’t know where to post this, guess “Anything” qualifies it.
My question is, where has the suddenly large crowd of homeless people come from? This includes the street dwellers and the new “RV generation”. Are they people who were evicted from their homes/apartments and refuse to leave their neighborhoods in search of work in areas outside the urban Bay Area? Have they come to the cities from other cities or states? Why? I imagine most of these people have minimal or common job skills, or on welfare and don’t have to work if they are resourceful. Why not move to Lodi, Oakdale or Escalon where rent would be cheaper?

james February 20, 2020 at 3:55 PM

When you yell the world kmart is closed,the parking lot becomes campworld.

Weedeater February 20, 2020 at 11:24 PM

What happened to the Taco truck at Concord BART? Been gone a while now…

KAD February 21, 2020 at 3:35 PM