The Claycord Online Museum – Clayton Valley Bowl in 1964

February 10, 2020 16:47 pm · 10 comments

cvbowl

Did you realize Clayton Valley Bowl on Clayton Rd. in Concord turns 56-years-old this year?

The photo was taken in 1964 (the year they opened). Who remembers those old machines?

Thanks to Julie for the picture!

Click on the tag below titled “Claycord Online Museum” to view other items!

Stove February 10, 2020 at 5:16 PM

Last time I was there, within the last year, they still had the same seats!!!!

Shoulda Coulda February 10, 2020 at 5:48 PM

Back before they had automatic scorekeepers.
Use to be able to make money as a kid keeping
score for tournaments. Another job lost technology.

S February 10, 2020 at 6:20 PM

not many kids today can do the math to beep score… sad sad sad

nytemuvr February 10, 2020 at 10:20 PM

@Shoulda Coulda…I kept score there too, I think I made 25 cents per player, per game. A lot of my earnings went back into the pinball machines and Cokes. I’d have to shower after coming home since I smelled like cigarette smoke, didn’t bother me but it did my folks.

Old-school guy February 11, 2020 at 6:59 AM

I remember keeping score at many league nights. I guess today, I’d be making minimum wage and have to be an employee of the bowling alley. Times have changed.

S February 11, 2020 at 10:22 AM

Sorry Old School, we have been outsourced by technology.

The Wizard February 10, 2020 at 8:30 PM

Another lost art is having your change counted back to you.

Wow! February 10, 2020 at 9:00 PM

Boy do I remember this! We had our YVHS all-nighter graduation party there back in the early 1970’s! LOTS of fun!!

Aunt Barbara February 10, 2020 at 10:43 PM

Can’t believe you stayed the whole night. 😉 Prom Dates scattered back in the 60’s to find an old secluded dirt road. Mom would be proud of you!

concord grape February 11, 2020 at 9:40 AM

I remember Walt Johnson. Is he still around?