Claycord – Talk About Whatever

July 19, 2019 19:10 pm · 98 comments

whatever

Happy Friday to all the wonderful citizens in the City of Claycord.

This is a post with no subject, you can talk about whatever you want. If breaking news happens (such a shooting, earthquake, etc.), or you hear about something newsworthy, feel free to post it here.

Please Note: Users who use multiple names will be deleted. Please choose a name so others can easily chat with you. Users must provide a name in the ‘name field’, please do not use the ‘@’ symbol in the name field.

Cowellian July 19, 2019 at 7:10 PM

Cowellian’s First!

Dr. Jellyfinger July 19, 2019 at 9:24 PM

No test slide yet… gotta let the finish dry.
My flannel boxers are on stand-by,

Dr. Jellyfinger July 23, 2019 at 8:05 AM

Wheeeeeee!

Cowellian July 23, 2019 at 3:41 PM

🙂

Dr. Jellyfinger July 19, 2019 at 7:11 PM

I built stairs and banisters today!
Yay Me!

Cowellian July 19, 2019 at 7:38 PM

Yay you!
Have you taken it for a test slide, yet?

Roz July 19, 2019 at 7:39 PM

Yay You,..:)

Ancient Mariner July 19, 2019 at 7:51 PM

Nice going, fellow DIY-er!

Silva July 19, 2019 at 7:55 PM

Impressed!

Original G July 19, 2019 at 8:08 PM

Glad to hear things were, looking, up for you.

Dr. Jellyfinger July 19, 2019 at 9:21 PM

Well…. building stairs has it’s down side too…

Mary Fouts July 20, 2019 at 4:15 PM

Awesome! When we built the 2 story addition onto our home in 2000-2001, finding craftspeople do do banisters and handrails was difficult to say the least.

Nature Lover July 19, 2019 at 7:13 PM

Happy Friday to all. Have a great weekend!

Silva July 19, 2019 at 7:38 PM

Rats!🐱

Dorothy July 19, 2019 at 7:53 PM

How about that! Cowellian is actually first.

Nice weather again, hope you all have a great weekend.

TownCrier July 19, 2019 at 8:14 PM

Anyone following the controversy with Canesa’s deli in Clayton? The owner posted some inflammatory messages on his personal Facebook page that are going to cause him some grief for awhile. These messages are posted on Canesa’s Yelp and Facebook pages. Regardless of your political affiliation, I, as a business owner, feel he used very poor judgement mixing politics with business.

Silva July 19, 2019 at 9:50 PM

I guess he doesn’t care. Maybe he’ll be fine, it possibly will be good for business.. I pity any ethnic looking people who unknowingly eat the food though. Heaven only knows what extra ingredients they might (or might not) find. Thanks for the warning. Gross.

Dr. Jellyfinger July 19, 2019 at 10:20 PM

Oh! Cheap shot Silva…

I hope Canessa’s gets alot of media coverage and John has to hire more help when his business triples.

It may come as a big surprise but telling some America hating Socialists to go back where they came from is not a racist remark.

Left wing extremists just decided it was because they involve race in everything… doing that makes THEM racist.
People should be judged by the content of their character not the color of their skin.
The left leaps to pull the race card all the time without cause… it’s their favorite tool and it’s a fraud.

Marie July 20, 2019 at 1:01 AM

TownCrier, I agree with you. It is poor judgement to promote your politics with your business. Personally, the hate that he has publicized is enough for me to say I will never go to his business again.

Silva July 20, 2019 at 6:55 AM

Dr. Jellyfinger, I’m about as white as they come, and for the first half of my life I believed that people are judged by the content of their character not the color of their skin when I married a darker person from another country. My beautiful grand kids are even more genetically diverse and darker yet, and I draw my conclusions not because I’m a “left wing extremist” (I lean to the middle of the road), but by my nearly 32 years of personal experience. John may do just fine. He may even need to expand and branch out, and more power to him. I actually appreciate knowing his POV, and I’m glad to be forewarned, especially where there’s restaurant food and beverages involved (which I’m touchy about anyway).😉

Justifiable Languor July 20, 2019 at 7:49 AM

Silva, I come from a racially diverse family too. I have never espoused bigotry and certainly not racism, even though I experienced threats to my body and life on a daily basis. It continues on a regular basis, splitting, comments and hateful stares.

Like you, I am middle of the road politically. I have seen questionable and even bad behavior on both sides. I tend to forgive out bursts of emotion, but I do not forgive pointed rabble rousing. Those educated in political science are purposely stirring up violence. I beg members of both sides to put out the fire.

As for avoiding certin establishments, I agree!

Dr. Jellyfinger July 20, 2019 at 9:31 AM

Silva, you may have forgotten what my ethnicity is… but as I’ve posted before, it should not matter.

I consider “people to be people” until their actions prove otherwise.

Silva July 20, 2019 at 12:54 PM

Dr. Jellyfinger, I know what you’ve said about it, but because you’re the biggest king of all of the weisenheimers I’ve never met, I don’t ever know what to think or believe about you. I’m just now beginning to think you really might have a Min Pin named Snickers..

Dr. Jellyfinger July 20, 2019 at 5:55 PM

Yeah I do have the Min Pin but the dogs name is an online handle, like my name.
I can’t afford to give too many details or I’ll blow my cover…. some people who post here would know my true identity!

But I was serious about my 50/50 parentage.

Silva July 20, 2019 at 8:37 PM

Well maybe I missed the part about your parentage after all, but you’re right. It doesn’t matter. Is a Min Pin as sweet and adorable as a full size Dobie? I had an 80 lb one of those once, what a lovely dog. She adored all living things, and literally would not hurt a flea. Couldn’t swim if her life depended on it. Placed in a body of water she was going to walk on the bottom and it didn’t matter how far down it was. I had to fireman carry her out of a nice calm ocean in BC once, and I was only slightly bigger. All dogs can’t dog paddle.

Dr. Jellyfinger July 20, 2019 at 11:03 PM

“King of the Weisenheimers” I am honored!

Min Pins are great dogs,affectionate, playful, fiercely protective … but they are like Chihuahuas on meth when it comes to barking at strangers, odd noises, doorbells, etc.
I saw mine kill a small bird and swallow it whole when I tried to take it away…they chase everything that moves.
Read up on them before you adopt one.
They aren’t for everybody.

Oh… and I put Snickers in the water a few days ago (wearing a doggie life jacket) when we were all swimming.
Not a very buoyant breed! Definitely requires a life jacket and we never let the little dog swim when there are sea lions around (they eat fish bigger than Snickers).

Silva July 21, 2019 at 8:25 AM

Justifiable Languor, That is so awful, and it is something I’ll never personally experience, and I can’t help but to feel badly about it. I remember even back to my first trip outside the continental US people regarding my light skin and curly blond hair (which later turned brown and straightish) as something advantageous,s or good. I know my nine year old grandson has already experienced it. The five year old probably hasn’t noticed yet, but it won’t be long. It sucks.

Dr. Jellyfinger July 21, 2019 at 10:18 AM

That’s odd…. the only racial slur I ever heard directed at me was years ago…”Gimme yo money Honky or I’ll cut’cho neck”

“Honky”? Well… sure Dad was a Gringo… but “Honky”?
I wasn’t even old enough to drive back then.

Justifiable Languor July 21, 2019 at 11:16 AM

Collateral damage from bussing. It was a So.Cal thing. it introduced violence to a group of kids that were still immersed in Walt Disney cartoons. Life was charged with political violence as well as racial. You could literally turn a corner and find yourself alone and threatened.

My cousins had to move as the one was targeted to join a gang. They were relentless, not to mention knife wielding punks. Then there is the Religious sect that is targeted for ridicule. I have only just realized this, as it separates me the most. Culturally not religiously.

As I grow older; I examine through a lifetime of experience. I never expected to find flack about my mixed race nieces and nephews. Live and learn. I never considered the loss of an entire branch of family (BIL-nazi Germany) I chose “conservative” after 9/11, whereby the rest of the family went liberal It is still the Wild Wild West by my standards. Haha. Yet, it pains me to see our gentle suburbs erupt into something ugly.

MoJo July 19, 2019 at 8:49 PM

What did he say? Can’t find it.

Silva July 19, 2019 at 9:54 PM

Free side if you say; “send her back”.😕

Dr. Jellyfinger July 21, 2019 at 10:22 AM

Oh come on……

Nobody’s going to care about that!

Atticus Thraxx July 19, 2019 at 9:13 PM

Sound on: https://imgur.com/gallery/Kbywnjt

I’m sure the snake is very confused: https://imgur.com/gallery/bInIw27

Murderhorse.Good name: https://imgur.com/gallery/4niLJzT

It’s probably magic: https://tinyurl.com/y6yc4qx8

Crazy, hardcore lightning: https://tinyurl.com/y6pe4pwf

That cat or dog question…I think I’ve changed my mind: https://tinyurl.com/y4bx8gzx

Indeed it has: https://tinyurl.com/y579evbc

Pool party!: https://imgur.com/gallery/67bnSWj

Made me laugh: https://tinyurl.com/y56cghq7

Mind blown: https://tinyurl.com/y2zqmsfa

Keep watchin’: https://tinyurl.com/y54j37wj

I wonder what the sign she ignore said: https://tinyurl.com/y5nse9qg

Ancient Mariner July 19, 2019 at 10:53 PM

I can’t name it – no matter.
So, Atticus … you’re … back?
You OK, Dude?
Missed you. You’ve got an actual Atticus Thraxx list here.
Liked the lynxes – thanks!

Atticus Thraxx July 20, 2019 at 6:52 AM

Never really left Ancient One, much to the chagrin of a few on these boards, I’m sure. I can’t name it either!

Kirkwood July 20, 2019 at 1:17 PM

Thanks Atticus.

WC Resident July 20, 2019 at 9:02 PM

I’d guess a Remington 870 Wingmaster. I’m sure the image is flipped and it’s a standard right hand shotgun.

Dr. Jellyfinger July 20, 2019 at 9:59 PM

My first impression was a Savage…. their receivers always seemed kind of strangely rounded to me.

What size shot do we use for zucchini?

Roz July 21, 2019 at 7:11 AM

Atticus Thraxx
Thank You for the morning smiles and laughs!

Silva July 21, 2019 at 8:11 AM

Woo hooooo!!! Oh happy day!!!!

WC Resident July 21, 2019 at 12:47 PM

I found a better picture at https://imgur.com/2uAly5f

I’m sticking with the Remington 870 but am uncertain if it’s an Express or Wingmaster. At times Remington has made the 870 with the longer forestock that slides over the receiver and also an ejection port like what’s on the guy’s zucchini gun. What I can’t find are reliable web pages that show photos of specific model years. There’s a lot of garbage on the Internet.

Atticus Thraxx July 21, 2019 at 2:38 PM

That second picture sealed it, that’s a ribbed 870 for sure. Nice work WC.
Hey guys!. I can’t promise a list every week, but as I can I’ll do so. Already have some tasty ones for the next list. Like WC said, there’s a lot of garbage to sort through out there on the internet.

Silva July 22, 2019 at 7:01 AM

🙂

Shasta Daisy July 19, 2019 at 9:22 PM

Sweet dreams.
gnfp

Peace ✌🏼

Concordejet July 20, 2019 at 9:44 AM

JOKE

The 2+2+2+7 Joke

teacher: If I gave you 2 cats and another 2 cats and another 2, how many will you have?

Johnny Seven, Sir.

Teacher: No, listen carefully… If I gave you 2 cats, and another 2 cats and another 2, how many will you have?

Johnny: Seven, Sir.

Teacher: Let me put it to you differently. If I gave you 2 apples, and another 2 apples and another 2, how many would you have?

Johnny: Six.

Teacher: Good. Now if I gave you 2 cats, and another 2 cats and another 2, how many would you have?

Johnny: Seven, sir.

A very angry Teacher: Where in the hell do you get seven from?!?!?

Johnny: I have pet cat already.

Silva July 21, 2019 at 4:47 PM

🤣

Mary Fouts July 20, 2019 at 4:23 PM

Large Leak in Irrigation, West Edge of Playing Field Behind PHE – There have been at least 2 leaks off and on in the irrigation system along the west edge of the playing field. This AM the leak to the most south had greatly grown. It was flooding the field and sending a flow of water south/downslope through the ball diamond area, heading toward the creek.

I think (?) PH Park and Rec manages the field. I submitted their “Irrigation Concern/Water Leak” form this afternoon, describing the problem. Pretty nifty they actually have a form! I hope they get this fixed soon. Asked them to tell me if Park and Rec is not the correct agency to report the issue to.

Seth July 20, 2019 at 5:35 PM

There is smoke coming from Mt. Diablo.

Mary Fouts July 20, 2019 at 8:50 PM

Update on Recycling Water from Clothes Washer to Water Outdoor Plants – Well, it appears the leak was from the 58 gallon recycling water tub screw in gate valve, hopefully fixed with an application of plumber’s tape. We’ll monitor. Leak was very minor, anyway.

Other than that, I LOVE the clothes water diversion. Since installing it last Tuesday, we have diverted at least 125 gallons of water to our backyard gardens and potted plants. I have been amazed at how much water a supposedly efficient clothes washer uses.

We are still considering a permanent spot for the barrel, so a work in progress. All plants have loved the diverted water. You cannot use bleach in clothes washing, which I do not. Wished I would have done this years ago. Easy to do if anyone is interested.

Silva July 20, 2019 at 9:22 PM

Is that a top loading machine, Mary Fouts?

Mary Fouts July 20, 2019 at 10:36 PM

@ Silva – Yes, we have a top loading machine. The largest residential size Sears sells, it supposedly adjusts water to laundry size. I know it does from watching it. Had it for 10 years or so. We tried the front loading machine. Terrible experience. Mold along the door. Could not add an extra piece of laundry or more detergent if needed. Never again.

Ano July 21, 2019 at 1:44 AM

I agree! I hate front loading washers. I want the one that I adjust how much water goes in . Your clothes never feel clean with front loading

Silva July 21, 2019 at 8:03 AM

Mary Fouts, I thought it must be with that much water. Well now not a drop will be wasted. if that machine ever quits on you though, but how awful. My first front loader did none of those things. I loved it. It was/is a Frigidaire. I’ll soon be getting it from my extra house I’ve decided to sell, then I’ll have two front loaders for a while at least. It was the deluxe model at the time, but with few bells and whistles, and a couple of years after I bought it it became the standard model. I never heard of the smell or mold issues with front loaders till I had to get another machine for out here. My newer one never had mold, but when I open the door after its been inactive for a while there’s is a slightly funky and rubbery smell. When I was researching before buying it I read that people were dealing with that and worse by leaving the door open. I don’t do that. There seemed to be a real consumer uproar about it so it may be fixed by now, but I don’t know. Funny thing, ALL machines were front loaders when washing machines were first on the market, and I don’t remember anyone complaining about those issues listening to the old folks talking about them. They sure did lower my water bill and drying time, and the clothes seem to last longer,. For those benefits I really like them, but kudos to you and your happy garden!

Anon July 21, 2019 at 9:47 AM

I remember 20 years ago when front loaders were the latest and greatest and I remember seeing them on the side of peoples homes as Junk.

I decided to go with tried and true top loader with agitator when purchasing set 5 years ago. The high efficiency top loaders were nothing but trouble. One of the brands used plastic tabs to hold the drum, but the speed of the drum on rinse cycle was brealing the tabs, LG or Samsungs solution was to slow down the drum which meant your wash now took longer than a traditional washer.

If you go with traditional washer – Avoid GE, they use a transmission which is a bad design. Even the appliance recycling don’t want them.

Mary Fouts July 21, 2019 at 10:23 AM

@Ano – The cleanliness issue was another reason I didn’t consider a front loading washer. Prior to the purchase of my current washer, I spoke with a few acquaintances who had front loaders. One mentioned that unless the laundry was just lightly soiled, the load had to be washed twice to get the laundry clean. Also didn’t like that with a front loader, you can’t add a garment(s) to the load after you start it.

The last drawback was the absence of a soak cycle/feature in a front loader. I use the soak feature often and didn’t want to give it up.

Silva July 21, 2019 at 4:43 PM

It sounds like they must’ve come a long way. The only cycle I can’t open the door and add more items is the “sanitary” cycle. It heats the water to boiling or something, and once the door closes it won’t open till it’s done or you turn off the machine. I really don’t have any use for that. I always use oxygen bleach, so everything gets sanitized enough. I use a really mild surfactant (soap nuts) and no other detergent, and late in life I finally learned the secret to keeping whites from going grey and spotty, and reversing that condition; it’s a 1/2 cup of vinegar in the mix. I guess if things are really grimy I do have to wash them more than once, come to think of it, but that doesn’t usually affect us. We don’t get that grimy anymore, mostly indoor work nowadays.. My very odd offspring though buys new clothes rather than doing laundry, and I recovered many piles of his disgusting abandoned yet perfectly good clothing in my other house and washed it all four times before I could donate it. I don’t think it would’ve even been much better in a top loader. Perhaps three times instead of four. Never again! Soaking doesn’t work in them, as all the water sits in a pool under the drum unless it’s rotating. I just soak stuff in a bucket.

Ano, my newer machine’s an LG, and it DOES take an hour and 20 minutes to do a “heavy duty” load. It’s much longer than in the Frigidaire, I guess I now know why. Though the RPMs on the spin cycles are so high the loads are almost dry when they come out, so less drying time.

Still (for me) about the best 500 bucks I ever spent on the ONLY day after Thanksgiving I ever went out shopping.

Concernicus July 21, 2019 at 7:04 PM

Anybody know what’s up with the giant dense cloud of black smoke floating in from north?

Dr. Jellyfinger July 21, 2019 at 9:01 PM

Smug cloud blowing down to us from Seattle.

Justifiable Languor July 22, 2019 at 8:18 AM

Smug cloud fro Seattle? That is pretty funny. A typo?

Dr. Jellyfinger July 22, 2019 at 10:26 AM

No… not a typo. Smug clouds really exist. Most are caused by people who drive hybrid cars who think they are saving the planet and that that makes them better than everyone else.

There was one created by George Clooney when he won one of those Hollywood Awards:

Justifiable Languor July 23, 2019 at 3:20 PM

😊 I’ll have to remember that about smug clouds.

Jojo Potato July 23, 2019 at 3:30 PM

At least you could give South Park the credit for the term. And my hybrid car did help save the planet, unlike the “Hemi’s” that are destroying it for no reason except to make noise.

Atticus Thraxx July 23, 2019 at 4:18 PM

Jojo, I’m kinda floored you have a car at all. Whatever you do, don’t research what it takes to make those batteries, it’ll knock you right off of Mt. Pious.

Justifiable Languor July 23, 2019 at 4:27 PM

Oh come-on grouchy Potato. 😉

You have never run into an under 30 sporting a smuggy? There are one or two on Claycord tossing around the ‘bluehair’ comment.

Dust to Dust July 23, 2019 at 8:09 PM

If you want to pay more money up front to use less gas in the long run, that’s up to you. But don’t spread the lies that you’re saving the planet. That’s the smug pollution.

Jojo Potato July 24, 2019 at 11:30 AM

I guess we are so used to the whole automobile culture and the laws that protect it we don’t really think about those impacts. Consider that Houston has an estimated 30 parking spaces for every registered vehicle. How can I miss out on that give away? People complain about taxes on gas and registration but in fact cars and their drivers are the most protected class in the country. Besides, I just heard the Moon is full of lithium and Mr. Musk is going to offer regular trips there and back in no time.

Mary Fouts July 24, 2019 at 12:01 PM

@Atticus Thraxx – Several years ago I read a newspaper article that listed vehicles that used/consumed the least amount of energy and resources during the lifetime of the vehicle, from manufacturing to vehicle use to destruction. No hybrids were among the top cars, and the article stated much had to do with the battery issue you mention. I think (?) the winner was the Ford Fit.

WC Resident July 24, 2019 at 1:12 PM

@Mary Fouts – A Ford Fit? Maybe you meant the Honda Fit, Ford Focus, or Ford Fiesta?

I would have guessed that the winner would be one of the larger engine cars such as a Toyota Camry 6-cylinder. You get better mileage with a larger engine plus the engine lasts longer meaning the car is less likely to end up in a junk yard.

The Honda Fit and Ford Fiesta have in-line 4-cylinder engines.
The Ford Focus has an in-line 3 or 4 cylinder engine.

Mary Fouts July 25, 2019 at 4:32 PM

WC Resident – I don’t recall, just to the best of my recollection the ‘best’ car was a model named Fit. But I’m not a car person, so don’t retain car related news very well. I think the article was in a Sunday Car newspaper section, Jim read it and showed it to me. I’ve searched for it online (or something similar) with no success.

The study took into more than just engine performance. It somehow measured the amount of energy and materials consumed to make the car, run the car during its life, and dispose of the car. That’s why the hybrids got dinged, the materials and energy consumed in the manufacturing and disposal of the batteries.

Mary Fouts July 25, 2019 at 4:36 PM

@WC Resident – One other thing. I hate driving and do so as little as possible, my car is a 2001 model with not quite 66,000 miles on it. I don’t even know if I could drive a current model car with all the computer crap they have, and reduced vision/more blind spots in some models.

Trollolol Dude July 22, 2019 at 9:35 PM

The leaf hopper population:
I have seen about a dozen (spider meals) this year. As long as I can remember there have been millions crawling and jumping all over my property and neighborhood at night. The last few years were almost biblical plagues.
Anyone else notice this?
Any Entomologist wish to comment? Is it a reverse cicada thing?

Anon July 25, 2019 at 9:52 AM

Most insects are disappearing. I drive Hwy 37 at Sunset last week and usually my car would be covered – hardly anything.

The Ozone Layer has been destroyed and Not by your hairspray or A/C.
Look into bunker fuel and how much pollution One ship puts out per day.
And the “cancer causing” jet exhaust according to the State of California.

Mary Fouts July 25, 2019 at 4:41 PM

I’ve never had a leaf hopper issue in my south PH lawn and gardens. I do have a healthy Alligator Lizard population, so they may be the reason. As far as insects, the only thing I regularly see are lady bugs, and an occasional praying mantis. Never use bug spray or any pesticide products.

TPC July 22, 2019 at 9:41 PM

So, there appears to be some vacancies in the MDUSD Budget and Fiscal Services department.

The director and the admin support for the director are VACANT ? And Payroll is vacant?

Dr. Jellyfinger July 23, 2019 at 8:04 AM

They probably teamed up, embezzled a fortune & skipped off to Tahiti.

Kirkwood July 23, 2019 at 10:15 AM

I’m familiar with the job titles except “Position Control Manager”. What is the job description?

Mika July 25, 2019 at 6:05 PM

@TOC—You posted a page from the district phone book. It’s always out of date. They do have a high turnover in that Fiscal.

Robert Blakemore July 23, 2019 at 10:14 AM

Good Morning I was wondering if anybody smelled a strong chemical smell last night after midnight near Mendocino and Nulty just off Clayton Road. My family said it was such a strong smell they had to come in from my yard.

Atticu Thraxx July 23, 2019 at 4:36 PM

I don’t know, a while back we had people in RVs cooking meth in Claycord area, maybe that method has been re-visited. See an old crappy RV around? Any of your neighbors have more limbs than teeth? Start there.

anon July 25, 2019 at 8:04 AM

That was my tweeker neighbor burning trash again at 3am.

Atticus Thraxx July 23, 2019 at 4:37 PM

You guys seen the Mr.Rodgers trailer? Hanks nails it I think.

S July 23, 2019 at 5:13 PM

Agreed

anotheranon July 23, 2019 at 6:29 PM

Did you all hear of the new restaurant on the Moon?
Great food, but no atmosphere.

Shasta Daisy July 24, 2019 at 6:25 AM

Darn, I was planning to go.

Peace and have a happy day.

Shasta Daisy July 24, 2019 at 6:26 AM

It’s meteor shower season.
My favorite time of year.

Peace.

Kirkwood July 24, 2019 at 11:25 AM

Visited Autopia Car Wash, Clayton Rd this morning, At check-in someone turned the air conditioning on full and re-tuned the radio from a classical station to the Muller hearings. It was still like that when my keys were handed to me. They often move the seat, but I think this is carrying it too far.

Kentucky Derby July 24, 2019 at 12:31 PM

Don’t sweat the small stuff. It’s a great book.

Antler July 24, 2019 at 2:06 PM

There is to be a “Blue Devils Viewing Party” at Todos Santos Plaza on Saturday, August 10 from 2p to 8p. Do any of you have additional information? [I’m asking because I have been to several of their community thank-you performances at the DVC fields/stadium, but the performance did not last any 6 hours…… too long for the musicians!] So what else is to happen?

S July 24, 2019 at 5:19 PM

so remember a while back when the mall bowling alley was robbed, and we all pretty much could tell it was an inside job??? It was…. story is airing on local tv…

Original G July 24, 2019 at 7:09 PM

Is 97 degrees with 17% humidity.

Mary Fouts July 24, 2019 at 8:48 PM

@Original G – My backyard weather station in south PH reached a high of 102* today. Low this morning of 54.1*. Interesting, the humidity right now is much lower than yesterday. It’s 24%, 26% lower than yesterday.

Outside now it is 83.1%. I’ll wait for another hour to open up the house and turn fans on. Should cool down nicely tonight, for great sleeping weather once again.

For meals/baking I am planning oven use for sourdough bread/roll baking and the like for cooler days/cooler times of the day based on weather forecast. Have a heavy duty fan above stove, so that helps pull out heat, and I never go above 350* F convection oven bake (equivalent to 375* F regular oven) for an oven temp, even with bread baking.

Use slow cookers and cast iron wok a lot during hotter times, and yummy salads. Also use the oven set on 225*F as a slow cooker for tri tip steak and similar items.

WC Resident July 25, 2019 at 1:58 PM

Excessive Heat Watch for East Bay Interior Valleys, California

From 11:00am PDT, Sat Jul 27 until 11:00pm PDT, Sun Jul 28
Action Recommended: Attend to information sources as described in the instructions
Issued by: San Francisco/Monterey – CA, US, National Weather Service,

…EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING… The National Weather Service in San Francisco has issued an Excessive Heat Watch, which is in effect from Saturday morning through Sunday evening. * TEMPERATURE…Record or near record heat with many high temperatures 95 to 105. * IMPACTS…Heat related illnesses such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke will be possible. People most vulnerable include those who are spending considerable time outdoors…those who do not have air conditioning…young children…the elderly… and those with chronic ailments. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… An Excessive Heat Watch means that a prolonged period of hot temperatures is expected. Hot temperatures will create a dangerous situation in which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of fluids…stay in an air-conditioned room…stay out of the sun…and check up on relatives and neighbors. &&
More Information

…Hot Weather Expected Across Inland Portions of The San Francisco Bay Area and Central California Saturday and Sunday… .High pressure building into California from the Desert Southwest will bring a warm airmass to the area over the weekend with temperatures expected to be well above average. Widespread high temperatures of 95 to 105 degrees are likely across inland areas which may impact those who are sensitive to the heat. In addition, overnight low temperatures will only cool to the mid 60s to the mid 70s, which will not offer much relief.

Dr. Jellyfinger July 25, 2019 at 5:42 PM

I’m prescribing for myself an afternoon of air conditioning, cold beer, comfy chair and baseball games on TV. Maybe cold salad w/ shrimp and some crusty sourdough bread for lunch… no hot stuff.

KAD July 26, 2019 at 3:45 PM