Claycord – Talk About Local Politics

June 7, 2019 21:00 pm · 17 comments

voted1

This special post is “Talk About LOCAL Politics”.

Please use this post to talk about LOCAL politics, and keep state and national politics out of this thread.

Thank you, and be kind to each other.

Please Note: Users who use multiple names will be deleted. Please choose a name so others can easily chat with you. Users must provide a name in the ‘name field’, please do not use the ‘@’ symbol in the name field.

Ricardoh June 7, 2019 at 9:03 PM

Nothing to say until one of the local politicians moves.

mark June 7, 2019 at 11:49 PM

A little bit tongue in cheek, but, can anyone on the city council tell me what I have to do to get the flag of one of my special interests flown at our publicly owned city buildings and schools???

Justifiable Languor June 8, 2019 at 9:29 AM

You may already have a set in your underwear drawer…lol.

Seriously, I want to know what flag the White Pride folks in Boston will display. I want to fly one…but then I think I can find them in my underwear drawer.

The Wizard June 8, 2019 at 9:04 AM

What month is White Pride Month ? So we can fly a flag too. Or is this comment not PC correct.

Gittyup June 11, 2019 at 12:32 PM

Actually, every month is White Pride Month because whites have made that much more contributions to the advancement of civilization, as a group are that much better behaved, and do that much more for their fellow man … and woman.

Well... June 8, 2019 at 9:13 AM

What about “Pride in Christ” month? I can assure you that will never happen…not in this state!!

The Wizard June 8, 2019 at 9:31 AM

You are right, can’t even have a crucifix in a public area.

The Wizard June 8, 2019 at 9:40 AM

And now they complain if you have a nativity scene in a public place during Xmass.

Silva June 8, 2019 at 12:09 PM

They’ll know you by your good works.

Gargoyle June 8, 2019 at 12:54 PM

Sneaky Christians installed crosses all across the nation then disguised them with wires. God is good.

ClayDen June 8, 2019 at 10:40 AM

How about a heterosexual pride flag?

ZZ June 8, 2019 at 6:36 PM

Heterosexuals are privileged, they never have problems, or get harassed, bullied, beat up or fired. You know, like the whites. The Christians well, they just need to go away, they cause too much hate in the world with their love the sinner not the sin schtick.
No parade, no flag for those three groups.

Anon June 11, 2019 at 10:51 AM

It’s either equal rights For All, or For None.
You do not get to choose who is a freakshow
and who is not.

Gittyup June 11, 2019 at 12:26 PM

OMG. Does that mean we all have to be a freakshow. ‘Cause I’ll have to pass on that.

Kirkwood June 11, 2019 at 9:41 AM

Many years ago there was large metal building located near Willow Pass and Market. It belonged to a church and had a flagpole with an American flag topped with a Christian flag. The City of Concord objected, saying it was illegal for any flag to be flown above the American flag. A brouhaha ensued and the flag was ordered removed. Shortly thereafter, the City purchased the building and moved it onto property now occupied by (the former) Waterworld, where it stands today.

Well Folks June 12, 2019 at 9:01 AM

Kirkwood – actually the city was not totally wrong. Proper flag protocol in this country state that no flag should fly above the stars & stripes. Look at state building where the stars & stripes is about the golden bear.

Kirkwood June 12, 2019 at 10:20 AM

Actually I misstated the objection, I need to pay more attention to composition.
Age is catching up with me.