UPDATE: Armed Suspects Rob Round 1 Inside The Sunvalley Mall This Morning

May 13, 2019 9:51 am · 34 comments

Round 1, the bowling and amusement center located in the Sunvalley Mall, was robbed this morning, according to the Concord Police Department.

The armed robbery occurred just after midnight, police said.

Police say they can’t release any further information at this time, but do anticipate releasing more details later today.

UPDATE: The following update is from the Concord Police Dept.:

On Sunday, May 12 at approximately 11:50 p.m., Concord officers responded to Round 1, located at 185 Sun Valley Mall, for a reported armed robbery in progress. After closing, two suspects had entered the office section of the business where they bound two employees and robbed them of cash.

The employees were able to free themselves and called 911. Responding officers searched the business and surrounding area but no suspects were located.

No one was injured during the robbery. Both suspects were descried as male and both were wearing masks.

This case is being actively investigated and updates will be released at a later time. Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact Detective Loercher at (925) 603-5922 or the Anonymous Tip Line at (925) 603-5836.

photo credit: Quyen K., yelp.com

S May 13, 2019 at 10:07 AM

no surprise. place is more trouble than it’s worth…

Bob Foo May 13, 2019 at 10:22 AM

Nope. Round 1 is great.

You’re literally blaming a victim of a crime for the crime itself. Do you realize how horrible that is?

S May 13, 2019 at 11:53 AM

True, but… We routinely see articles for disturbances and fights, and such at this place. It “IS” an attractive nuisance and is more trouble than it is worth. Today a robbery; tomorrow a murder??????

Concerned citizen May 13, 2019 at 10:31 AM

Probably an inside job, I would check employees communications, review footage etc.

Simonpure May 14, 2019 at 8:59 AM

Kron 4 news stated last night that employees were tied up in the safe room. Why would an arm suspect take the time to tie people up. For sure a fishy story.

Kentucky Derby May 14, 2019 at 10:45 AM

Why would someone tie someone up during an armed robbery? Power and control. Another news site described the suspects as black males in their 30s wearing masks. I don’t think this story is fishy. I think it’s violent.

Tsa May 13, 2019 at 11:26 AM

California’s redistribution of wealth on display here…

RANDOM TASK May 13, 2019 at 11:29 AM

ahhh
flashbacks of the old Antioch mall
its so bad they flocked to sunvalley mall
we see the end result
shame the city council is directing conturd into the same plight
sorry WCreek your next on the socialism train to defunk every city in the state to procure more fed funding for the politicians to play with
voters have taken the hook line sinker and boat to throw away any and all advancement and make every city bexerkly.
now wonder why politicians made it legal to steal and no bail and no convictions …
so nice to be set up as victims by politicians ….
as they strive to take away our freedoms and strengthen crime to over run us
newscum has already started
king kamala lala has as well
always wondered how the people of germany felt in the 30’s when they knew it was coming and it was too late
all hail chaos
you voted for it

Confused May 13, 2019 at 4:07 PM

What are you babbling about? It’s hard to understand you through all the craziness you just spilled.

Jeff May 13, 2019 at 6:14 PM

Sorry, but Walnut Creek will not be next….because they have me here, 108RS.

4whatitsworth May 13, 2019 at 11:31 AM

My daughter, a friend and I had just gotten to Round 1 right when it was happening, we were told to leave the building immediately and didn’t know the reason until we walked out and all we heard was people yelling for us to get back on the sidewalk, we looked to our left and there were approximately 15 police cars and the officers had their guns/shotguns drawn pointed in our direction at first we thought we were in the line of fire when they were yelling for us to get back which was scary for a second…

Simonpure May 13, 2019 at 12:37 PM

You went there just after midnight? Is this place open all night?

Bob Foo May 13, 2019 at 2:17 PM

Simonpure, Round 1 is open until 2am. They shut off all the games at about 1:40am.

Original G May 13, 2019 at 11:35 AM

What is their policies for handling cash ? Do they make regular money drops into a safe from cash drawer do they count out cash register drawer in view of customers at employee shift changes, are counter tops set up allowing customers a view of bills in cash drawer ? Does business have an up to date CCTV system with well placed cameras ?

Original G May 13, 2019 at 3:15 PM

Majority of criminals have three things in common lack of intelligence, lack of impulse control and lack of empathy for their fellow man.

In general flashing money at the register and counting out a drawer in front of customers is a courage booster for criminals which endangers both employees and customers. Don’t know what procedures this business uses, they could be doing everything right, until today had never heard of it.

Commonsensenor May 13, 2019 at 11:37 AM

This should be easy. Weekend earnings, ready for bank truck pick up, and surprise, robbery. I’ve got $20 on SEVERAL employees being arrested this week, if not later today. Dummies got greedy, made it too easy for detectives.

Concord 1970 May 13, 2019 at 11:45 AM

Concord city council
Problematic business
Do NOT renew business license.
And off to Antioch the criminals!!
Unsafe place….

WC May 13, 2019 at 11:54 AM

Crimecord.

Shiloh May 13, 2019 at 12:00 PM

I tried to take my kids here once on a weekend in the early afternoon. We walked around to check it out before getting into the mile long line to buy tickets. The whole place reeked of weed. Groups of teenagers smelling like a pack of skunks. Young children with parents who smelled like skunks. We left and took them to dinner and a pizookie instead. I’ll never attempt to go there again.

anon May 13, 2019 at 1:22 PM

this was definitely an inside job. they change the codes every time someone quits or leaves. no way in hell someone who doesnt still work there did it.
this is scary im happy i quit a year ago.
so much crazy stuff happens there

tired of taxes May 13, 2019 at 2:09 PM

Don’t worry, Dave and Busters will soon open in the Veranda so they will get their fair share of the Round 1 patrons and hooligans.

BJs Employee May 13, 2019 at 2:16 PM

I was working right next door when it all went down, i was walking my coworker to her car because she was nervous from all the police activity when I came back security told me to stay inside and keep all doors locked. Wasn’t allowed to leave for like 45 minutes and even still someone had to drive me to my car security wouldn’t let me walk to my car alone.

The Mamba May 13, 2019 at 3:02 PM

This has been your weekly, “Why would anyone go to the Sun Valley Mall?” update.

94519 May 13, 2019 at 4:39 PM

This business is a disaster waiting to happen. The fire Marshall should advise for safer exit than stairs only during the evening.

S May 13, 2019 at 6:05 PM

shatter and jump thru a window? Ramps? to the Batpoles??? u dont use elevators incase of fire… more stairs maybe???

Mimi (original) May 13, 2019 at 4:59 PM

WOW! I guess it’s been a long, long time since I was at Sun Valley Mall, as I have never heard of this venue! Hooray for shopping on-line!

Concord Res May 13, 2019 at 6:18 PM

What did they expect when they hire drug addicts who are actively using and recent felons?

Jackie May 13, 2019 at 9:01 PM

The robbers entered through the office? Wasn’t it locked? Or did they break in?

Anon May 13, 2019 at 11:58 PM

Most likely broke in, cause if it’s to thier office it probably be locked with a key or a code,but if they knew the code then they would probably would have either worked thier befor or someone helped them, or forced someone to open it

ConcordMike May 14, 2019 at 11:25 AM

No cameras anywhere at that mall? At round one?

Bob Foo May 14, 2019 at 1:32 PM

Suspects described as males.

That really narrows it down.

Don't Cry May 14, 2019 at 6:09 PM

Jeff, wc is a cesspool of pill head housewives that drive around drunk.

ilovepopcorn May 16, 2019 at 2:24 AM

I think they need to bulldoze Dumpvalley. It has really sunk into a sad place. I rarely go there and when I do I usually go to Penny’s. It used to be so nice.
You can tell that it is even dangerous to park there too. Such a shame.

Nathan May 17, 2019 at 10:07 AM

I think they need to tighten the security more over there. I frequent the arcade to hang out with friends, and it’s a really fun place. It sucks that you got all the weed-smelling, ratchet-ass, ghetto trash loitering and causing trouble and ruining it for everybody, and I’m not okay with that.