Claycord – Talk About Whatever

March 22, 2019 19:10 pm · 55 comments

whatever

Happy Friday to all the wonderful citizens in the City of Claycord.

This is a post with no subject, you can talk about whatever you want. If breaking news happens (such a shooting, earthquake, etc.), or you hear about something newsworthy, feel free to post it here.

Please Note: Users who use multiple names will be deleted. Please choose a name so others can easily chat with you. Users must provide a name in the ‘name field’, please do not use the ‘@’ symbol in the name field.

wave March 22, 2019 at 7:10 PM

Wave First..

Cowellian March 22, 2019 at 7:13 PM

Cowellian’s first

Anon March 22, 2019 at 8:00 PM

What is going on at the property next to ths Concord Skate park?
Are they really going to Railroad that Soccer stadium through against the wishes of the community??

Natalie March 23, 2019 at 11:39 AM

BART is doing track maintenance, which will take take several months to complete.

Although, I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried to sneak in some work to pave way for some development after they’re done with the track related stuff.

Dorothy March 22, 2019 at 8:01 PM

A few days ago I was all ready to give up wearing my winter sweatpants and long sleeve sweatshirts. Then it started raining again…

No book report this time, been busy out in the yard catching up on weeds.

Ancient Mariner March 22, 2019 at 8:14 PM

The bomb came through the roof of the Cinderella Dance Club on the second storey. All the ground floor shops were closed for the evening, except for the Black and White Milk Bar. People were going up and down the stairs, alternating between dancing and drinking milk-shakes. They were having fun. There were crowds of people inside and out in the street, waiting for buses, several hundred people.
More than a hundred were killed that night, almost all of them young.
The building looks different from the others on the street, because they rebuilt it with horrible 1950s architecture with coloured panels.

My mother’s flat was a hundred yards up the street.

Justifiable Languor March 24, 2019 at 6:11 AM

That was an excellent citizen recounting!

Silva March 28, 2019 at 5:50 PM

Thank you for sharing that, Ancient Mariner. It’s hard to imagine.

Bella March 22, 2019 at 8:19 PM

Anyone know if Panera is in fact going in across from Round Table next to Wing Stop?

anotheranon March 22, 2019 at 10:19 PM

Round Table next to Wing Stop WHERE? What city?

Dennis March 23, 2019 at 8:42 AM

In Concord, Ygnacio & Clayton Rd shopping center- by Burger King.

Silva March 22, 2019 at 8:21 PM

4th?

Tiffany March 22, 2019 at 8:29 PM

Does anyone know what’s happening to I ❤️ Teriyaki in downtown!?! Are they shut down forever or are they moving somewhere bigger?! I hope so… Love that place..

anotheranon March 22, 2019 at 10:22 PM

Pat March 22, 2019 at 10:57 PM

Yes, Tiffany..
They are moving on to Galindo Street across from the Brenden Theaters between the new Chipotle and Chevron gas station. GREAT tempura shrimp and vegetables.. can’t wait for them to re-open, whenever that may be!?

Dennis March 23, 2019 at 10:51 AM

Per…
anotheranon March 22, 2019 at 10:22 PM

Which downtown? Concord, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Danville, Lafayette? Please think before posting. You know where you’re thinking about, but the rest of us may not. Who, when, what, where, why.heart’

Being as this is claycord.com one could assume she was talking about Clayton or Concord. There probably is only one I ‘heart’ Teriyaki place to consider. Why don’t you give the policing of the forum a rest. I knew what she was talking about. Danville, Lafayette??? Gimme a break, or perhaps maybe it’s you that needs a break.

Really ??? March 23, 2019 at 12:06 PM

I’m with Dennis. 😄

Mimi (original) March 22, 2019 at 10:23 PM

Joyous day!! My daughter located her biological father! We’ve been searching for him for years!!

Dawg March 23, 2019 at 9:53 AM

I’m so happy for you and your daughter. I hope your daughter and her father are thrilled and have a wonderful relationship.

Bella March 22, 2019 at 10:39 PM

Sorry about that, Clayton Shopping Center, off Ygnacio..

Bella March 22, 2019 at 10:41 PM

UPDATE: Panera Bread Plans To Open Restaurant In Clayton Valley Shopping Center
NOVEMBER 8, 2018 10:00 AM ·

This was from Claycord update.

Double Dzzz March 23, 2019 at 12:50 AM

“We better get in our time machine Marty ! set the date for Nov,8th 2018 10 AM Sharp !

KAD March 23, 2019 at 1:18 AM

What a mess this is so far. Who was last? I hope it was me.

Who knows? Love and Light to all.
That is from the PFAAF. Please help the Camp Fire Survivors. There is still a lot of suffering going on. Help when you can.

alfred March 23, 2019 at 7:12 AM

This is for some old timers of the area. Does anyone remember the old Busy Bee Craft store that used to be in Park and Shop mall can anyone tell me when the store closed.

nytemuvr March 23, 2019 at 10:27 AM

Buzzy Bees…I think it closed at 6:00PM, seriously, I think it closed in the mid-70s.

Shasta Daisy March 23, 2019 at 8:04 AM

Rainy morning for shopping at the Farmers’ Market.
Peace and support local farmers.

The Fractionator March 23, 2019 at 8:04 AM

Went into Sears at Sunvalley Mall yesterday to look at/buy some exercise equipment. Went downstairs to the Sporting Goods Dept. and looked at Recumbent Bikes and Weight Sets for over 20 minutes. Not once during those 20 minutes did a Salesperson come up to us and asked if we needed any help. Even looked for a Salesperson and couldn’t find one. No wonder this place is going bankrupt!

Silva March 23, 2019 at 11:35 AM

Haha! Reminds me of the time we went into a Sears (long ago) with a thousand dollars to buy a nice refridgerator. There was a salesman in the appliance area doing something with some papers. We were the only potential customers there. We looked around at a few models and spoke amongst ourselves. Though we were near enough to him he had to know we were there, he never appeared to see us. A woman he seemed to know came in and they proceeded to have a nice chat. We moved in to about six feet away and stood looking at them for a good bit, and neither appeared to notice us. We were in the department within his line of sight fifteen to twenty minutes before leaving, and he never acknowledged our presence. We wondered whether we were invisible while driving to a different Sears.

SF oh March 23, 2019 at 11:46 AM

I had a similar experience. I was shopping for a refrigerator so I was downstairs, also. No salespeople anywhere. I had my young grandson with me and he needed to use the restroom. I followed the signs and found the restroom locked! I finally found a Sears employee and asked for a restroom. I was informed that they were locked and we needed to go through the mall to the food court to find one. Toting an anxious child with me, I moved as fast as possible down the mall and had to go as far as Macy’s to find an open restroom. Needless to say – I bought my new fridge elsewhere.

Dr. Jellyfinger March 23, 2019 at 12:01 PM

They had a problem with persons engaging in activities relative to their alternative lifestyles in the men’s room of that store.
Really…
I guess just locking it down was easiest thing to do.

Original G March 23, 2019 at 4:02 PM

Attitude and enthusiasm of employees at any business is direct result of the capabilities or limitations of company management.

Peter Lynch one of the most successful investment mangers ever 1970s – 1980s said before investing in retail visit stores of company you are researching and observe.

concernedcitizen March 23, 2019 at 8:30 AM

Join us, March 25th at the Mt. Diablo School District Offices for the Community RALLY and PROTEST. This important event which will begin at 6:00 p.m located at 1936 Carlotta Drive, Concord.
Teachers are moving out of the area because they can’t afford to live here. The districts 1 time 2% bonus is NOT enough!
Mt Diablo School District is blaming special education for their financial woes.

ZZ March 23, 2019 at 5:59 PM

Special Ed is to blame? PT, OT TVI, APE, Bussing etc. costing too much? Blaming the disabled is disgusting!

Just a Thought. . . March 24, 2019 at 1:58 PM

Yes, please come support teachers and students. Neither group is receiving the respect and assistance they so deserve, and teachers should not have to beg for reasonable requests.

lamont March 24, 2019 at 11:34 PM

Why don’t all you concerned citizens march on the County office and demand they rescind the charter of that sewer called a charter…..CVCHS. Appears that , rape has become another issue on campus. And where was Linzey then? Where is he now? C’mon county show some courage and drop the hammer on them. Talk about brain dead leadership

Justifiable Languor March 23, 2019 at 9:27 AM

I lived down the street from the Marquees, however you spell it. The daughter (**dette) corrected me saying Buzzy Bee. I believe it closed some time in 80’s. Not that I am in the know.

Anonymous March 23, 2019 at 9:57 AM

Is there going to be a Barnes and Noble around here?

Rosann L Babcock March 23, 2019 at 1:59 PM

Word was out it was going to go in the new Veranda(?) Shopping Center in Concord, then not and now on again. Don’t know the up-date if and when it will be.

Mary Fouts March 24, 2019 at 12:32 PM

Good question. I checked their website a couple weeks ago. It said the Concord location was ‘coming soon’. I’ve never been to Veranda center do can’t comment on the status of the store build out.

esp March 24, 2019 at 4:49 PM

Yes, saw signage for Barnes & Noble at the Veranda last week. Looks like they are working on the interior. It is close to the theater.

Mary Fouts March 24, 2019 at 7:19 PM

Made in America: Is it worth it? I’m saying no with my experiences.

I am angry beyond belief. Use my oven 4 plus times a week, my stove top every day often multiple times. Bake all of our breads, rolls, and bakery items. Need a work horse oven/stove top.

In Summer 2017, my Sears/Kenmore gas range crapped out at about 4 years old. Since I bake and cook so much, I looked at professional series ranges for home use that were made in the US.

Bought a professional series range from American Range in Southern CA. Cost with tax nearly $5k. Was promised delivery within 10 days. After 5 weeks and many followups, the company was non responsive, and could not tell me where my range was “at”. Order cancelled.

I then purchased a professional series range, made in the US, from Frigidaire. 2 weeks after the 1 year warranty, the oven sensor crapped out, the oven would not heat up. Had it fixed last August. Today, same thing. Less than 8 months later, oven crapped out after heating up. Was baking a large pan (17 inch cast iron) of sourdough sandwich rolls. Got to bake temp of 375*, but then cooled down and won’t get to a temp higher than keep warm 175*. Rolls ruined.

Request for repair made again today. But this should not happen. Quality should be quality. But it appears ‘quality’ in the US is not so much, at least with what should be high end residential ranges. They should be work horses, and are not in my experience. Don’t think I will patronize made in the US anymore with my essential kitchen items.

Shasta Daisy March 25, 2019 at 7:45 AM

I have had a Viking gas cooktop for over 15 years, never a problem.
I believe they are still made in the USA.

Subzero refrigerator, since 2000…never a service call.

Peace and happy cooking.

Justifiable Languor March 29, 2019 at 6:58 AM

Yikes! That sucks big time. When I refurbished my kitchen I looked into the purchsing of an oven and microwave. I decided to keep my old stuff because of poor reviews. I am not sorry. I did end up with a glass cook top and a good vent/fan (not one of those groady ill concieved microwave combos).

Knowing your immediate need, you might want to pick up a used one for cheap while researching. Consumers report, amazon, the Internet in general. There are many recipe sites to puruse as you know.

Pro Chef March 25, 2019 at 7:51 AM

Mary Fouts-

It sounds like you are using the “self clean” feature on your oven.. NEVER NEVER EVER use self cleaning feature, that’s the quickest way to burn your oven components out. The superheating of the oven fries wires and sensors all the time.

Kirkwood March 25, 2019 at 12:38 PM

Sounds like reasonably good advice, I’ll keep that in mind.

Silva March 25, 2019 at 3:17 PM

So that’s what happened to a relatively new gas stove with electronic ignition and the self cleaning function I bought. I was really bent out of shape when the oven would no longer ignite and just filled up the house with gas, and I hadn’t had it long at all for a stove. I used the self clean 2x before I decided I didn’t like it at all and wouldn’t ever use it again because it stunk up the house, but then it died really soon after. I’d imagined all the wiring was extrordinarily well inulated.🙄

Tearing Down Buildings March 25, 2019 at 1:09 PM

It looks like they are tearing down the old buildings along Oak St. in Clayton today. If I remember right these were the buildings the Clayton City Hall and Police Dept. used years ago. This is near the area where parents drop off their kids for Mt. Diablo Elementary School. Be Careful!

Dr. Jellyfinger March 28, 2019 at 9:08 PM

I hope the city isn’t still trying to develop that little spot into some kind of 2 story retail business.

Folks should raise some money to make it a nature park for the kids…
or maybe a halfway house for parolees.

Kirkwood March 25, 2019 at 1:36 PM

A Costco ad appeared in my emailbox this morning – a ball cap with what looks like laser LED’s inside. Claims to regrow hair! Really! Costs $1400.

Silva March 25, 2019 at 8:15 PM

That is curious. I just looked at it, it is a lasar cap. Kind of expensive, but some people will spend a lot to keep their hair. I wonder if it really does do anything about that.

Lizzie March 25, 2019 at 5:59 PM

I just drove from Martinez to Clayton and the amount of idiots on the road is mind boggling. SLOW DOWN, STAY OFF YOUR FRIGGIN PHONE (YOU ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT) AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD–TURN ON YOUR HEADLIGHTS! It’s a no brainer people!

Anon March 28, 2019 at 10:31 PM

I was in the East Bay Highway 4 area (if you know what I mean) today.. As I passed through I couldn’t help but notice the undesirable clientele who were just hanging out, as well as all the crazies on the roads. They were countless. My God I used to live on that side of the hill. What a damn shame how low-life and degraded that area has become. I thank God I left years ago.
Who’s to blame for the dramatic change?

Original G March 27, 2019 at 4:44 PM

OKFine, we’ve all seen signs saying adult supervision required around play grounds, occasionally at a park for kids and sometimes even at indoor attractions.
But here’s the thing, who is the adult supervision supposed to be for?

Sara Richards March 29, 2019 at 8:02 AM

For anyone with kiddos looking for something fun to do on Saturday, there’s going to be a free Story Time at 11am at Flashlight Books in Walnut Creek- should be a lot of fun!

Cowellian March 29, 2019 at 7:07 PM