UPDATE: Second Shooting Threat Reported At Martinez Jr. High

February 20, 2019 22:06 pm · 1 comment

Staff at Martinez Junior High School found threats of a school shooting written on a bathroom wall for the second time in two days on Wednesday, but school officials maintain that there is no credible threat to the safety of their students.

Officers arrested a boy on Tuesday after finding a threat written on a bathroom mirror, but determined the threat was not credible. The boy was booked into juvenile hall. His name was not released because he is a youth.

Classes went on as scheduled Wednesday and school officials had counseling staff on site for any students who wished to talk to an adult about their feelings on the threat. Wednesday afternoon, however, school
officials sent an email to parents acknowledging that a second threat had been found — this time in a girls’ bathroom.

Still there is no credible threat to students or staff, CJ Cammack, superintendent of the Martinez Unified School district, said.

“We will continue to investigate this matter and will seek the maximum consequences permissible under the law and the California Education Code,” Cammack said in a statement. “All our students and staff deserve the
right to attend school and feel safe while in school or at work.”

Cammack said that classes will continue as scheduled on Thursday, and any significant developments will be communicated to parents and families as soon as possible.

Pop February 21, 2019 at 9:44 AM

Quite a change from when I was growing up. The only threats I saw in the school bathroom were from kids who didn’t bother to flush the toilet.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: