UPDATE: Former Clayton Woman Found Dead In El Dorado County

February 20, 2019 23:25 pm · 24 comments

The former Clayton woman who was missing since Valentine’s Day in El Dorado County, has been found dead, according to the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office.

On Feb.20 at about 4:30 p.m., deputies from the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to investigate an unresponsive female in a vehicle at a church parking lot.

Fire and medical personal responded and declared the female deceased upon their arrival. When deputies arrived, they recognized the vehicle as belonging to missing person, Brooke Harris.

Detectives and Crime Scene Investigators responded to conduct the death investigation.

Brooke has been positively identified and next of kin notifications have been completed.

The cause of death is under investigation and at this time there is no evidence of foul play, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

S February 20, 2019 at 11:32 PM

sad

T-Bone February 20, 2019 at 11:33 PM

So sad to hear this news. This was my buddy’s wife. UUGGHH!

Clayton resident February 20, 2019 at 11:38 PM

This is so heartbreaking! My prayers are going out to her husband, her two daughters and Brooke’s family. I’m so sorry for your loss. RIP Brooke.

Caskydiver February 21, 2019 at 12:56 AM

Oh my….I think she was on my softball team in the late 9th in Walnut Creek. RIP, Brooke…

TraumaRx February 21, 2019 at 1:11 AM

Wonder what the toxicology screen will find.

Marinnda February 21, 2019 at 2:53 AM

My sincerest condolences to her family and friends. God be with you all.

ZZ February 21, 2019 at 5:56 AM

This is so very sad. Praying for her family, such a difficult time.

Nutcreek Frontier February 21, 2019 at 5:56 AM

Sad ending…strange her car was in parking lot for 6 days without people noticing.

anon February 21, 2019 at 8:38 AM

It doesn’t say her car was there for 6 days…

Anon February 21, 2019 at 9:55 AM

Trust me, the neighborhood where I live seems to be a magnet for dumping or abandoning vehicles.
I’m the only one who calls, and they all get towed away which proves that I was right in my observation. I don’t know why anyone else likes looking at jalopies, I don’t.

Clayton Resident February 21, 2019 at 11:12 AM

It doesn’t say her car was parked there for 6 days. I’m guessing she was driving around trying to figure things out and went back to the church. If her car had been there for 6 days, they would have seen it. Someone would have noticed. The autopsy will provide more details as to how long she was there. I feel for her girls, so sad.

Habaneroe February 21, 2019 at 2:06 PM

They posed a pic before of her car it had dark tinted windows very hard to see inside.

Bellairium February 21, 2019 at 6:12 AM

Very sad, prayers to her family

Shiloh February 21, 2019 at 6:14 AM

Wow, this is not the result I was expecting AT ALL. This is heartbreaking 💔😔 I am so, so very sad for her daughters 😔

Susanne February 21, 2019 at 7:13 AM

Truly heartbreaking. RIP sweet Brooke. My thoughts are with her family at this difficult time.

Shasta Daisy February 21, 2019 at 8:03 AM

Prayers and peace to her family and friends.
Very sad and heartbreaking.

Peace.

Kaye Z February 21, 2019 at 8:43 AM

Such a sweet lady. So heartbreaking. RIP Brooke.

Anon February 21, 2019 at 6:15 PM

Please report anything you know to the Police. Officers our Assets.

Malibran February 21, 2019 at 8:12 PM

My deepest condolences.

Clam Bake February 22, 2019 at 2:57 PM

Women in my age, and demographic – are dying young. It is from working 2 and 3 jobs, caring for elderly (unhelpful) parents, having children late in life, and high (unrealistic) expectations – it just isn’t worth it. We need to slow way down. I tell all my friends, pretend you work for the DMV – yes, THAT slow. Stop buying stuff, and turn off the TV. Practice gratitude, and get a flip phone.

DVC Student February 22, 2019 at 6:58 PM

I don’t know about the flip phone.

WC Resident February 22, 2019 at 7:46 PM

People with flip phone have fewer episodes of FOMO. Unfortunately, I rarely see women with flip phones. They are more popular with the guys.

Silva February 22, 2019 at 9:38 PM

Last time I tried to get a flip phone T Mobile didn’t sell them anymore.

Friend February 25, 2019 at 2:04 PM

Her brother has started a Go Fund Me page for a memorial fund in her name to benefit her daughters (education, health needs) and the dog rescue foundation she was involved with. Please check it out if you would like to support in this way.