Concord Police To Conduct DUI Saturation Patrols On Friday

February 20, 2019 10:00 am · 6 comments

Officers from the Concord Police Department will be out on Friday looking for drivers suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.

DUI saturation patrols will take place in areas with high frequencies of DUI collisions and/or arrests. In 2017, 1,120 people were killed in alcohol-involved crashes on California roads.

Funding for this DUI operation is provided to the Concord Police Department by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

RANDOM TASK February 20, 2019 at 10:44 AM

Wow a lot of gov offices to give a small sum to police
Is that how police are run
By political programs
Nice to know on election time is de slacker and Weiner who you want running police presence in our state
Or even Pelosi
Newscum is obviously platformed for one agenda only
Used to think polIce were governed by the mayor and made accountable
Since we have a city council handling all the money and fake mayors it seems they run the police like political favors
Police should be respected for their work not granted by politIcIans to do their job
Seems political power was running police in Germany as well before it all went wrong
Nice to see now how that whole thing happened …with thunderous applaus by a single party run state

Dawg February 20, 2019 at 11:44 AM

Yesterday Concord PD was suppose to be cracking down on distracted driving. When I went out yesterday, I didn’t see any police but I saw plenty of fools on their cell phones.

Jeff February 20, 2019 at 12:27 PM

Concord PD……mediocre…………………..LASD 11A

Carnac the Magnificent February 20, 2019 at 7:20 PM

Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department? Really?!?

Jeff perhaps you’d like to tell us all where former LA Lee Sheriff Baca or his merry band of 18 former deputies are right now? I can go on with a lot more examples of LASD but why pile on.

Bob February 20, 2019 at 2:25 PM

Still No DUI standard for marijuana.

Mrs. Brown February 21, 2019 at 6:58 AM

I wonder how many DUI for weed get thrown out. I have a rare blood cancer and micro dose THC & CBD. I do not drive anymore but my labs for weed are always super high, way higher then what the law allows, even if I haven’t taken anything that day. My doctor said since I’m a daily user it could take up to a week for my numbers to drop down inspire of not being “high”. I don’t know how they get the evidence to convict you of DUI unless your caught smoking or with it in your car.