UPDATE: Three In Custody, One On The Loose After Foot Pursuit In Concord

February 11, 2019 21:56 pm · 13 comments

Concord Police have detained three people, and one is currently on the loose after a foot chase in Concord.

Four people fled from a vehicle near Mountain View Dr., which is close to Grant St. and Hwy.242.

A helicopter is above the area helping to search for the remaining suspect.

UPDATE: A paramedic has been called to treat a suspect who was bitten by a police k9.

UPDATE #2: According to our tipster, Paul, this incident started as a vehicle pursuit in Pittsburg. The suspects, who were believed to be armed, fled their vehicle in Concord, where the foot pursuit began. It’s currently unknown what led to the vehicle pursuit.

UPDATE #3: All suspects have been taken into custody.

ML February 11, 2019 at 10:00 PM

Thanks claycord, was wondering about the helicopter flying above my house

Biggus thinkus February 11, 2019 at 10:08 PM

Hmm. Too close for comfort. I’m 3 streets down…
Told my wife and kid “yelling ‘ive got my husbands/dads gun and he said i should shoot” is a great start to deterring shenanigans

Hal February 11, 2019 at 10:21 PM

Just heard on scanner that they have all 4 suspects in custody. Good job PD.

No Excuses February 11, 2019 at 10:22 PM

All four caught now. Thank you Concord/Pittsburg PDs. Thank you Good Doggie — took a bite out of crime, and a leg and an arm and a wee bit of butt. 🙂

Reyna February 12, 2019 at 2:46 PM

Glad they were all caught ! I heard A helicopter circling around two

Alex... February 11, 2019 at 10:35 PM

Thank you Concord PD. I was scared for my life when you guys came knocking on my door, telling me there was someone in our backyard. I am truly grateful for the brave police officers. Good job Concord PD.

Alex February 11, 2019 at 10:37 PM

Thank you Concord PD. I was scared when I was informed there was someone in my back yard. I am truly grateful for the Concord PD.

Claycord Fan February 11, 2019 at 10:44 PM

Can “Paul the Tipster” become a regular for Claycord.com?

335 February 12, 2019 at 5:59 AM

Paul the tipster must be a 2019 version of Radar (Rest In Peace Radar)

CoCo Commenter February 12, 2019 at 10:37 AM

Can we call the vet first before the medic next time to treat the dog who bite the guy to make sure the police doggo is ok?

Jeff February 12, 2019 at 11:28 AM

Nice work Concord PD. Nothing they can do about the electeds. LASD 108RS

jon s February 12, 2019 at 1:51 PM

They know not what they do,unless it means more bodies here to spend spend,and they get the taxes,its like a giant store,and they don’t ask they customers where they are from.just spend spend spend please

jon s February 12, 2019 at 1:53 PM

Those east county kids,so well behaved!!!!