Claycord – Talk About Whatever

January 11, 2019 19:10 pm · 49 comments

whatever

Happy Friday to all the wonderful citizens in the City of Claycord.

This is a post with no subject, you can talk about whatever you want. If breaking news happens (such a shooting, earthquake, etc.), or you hear about something newsworthy, feel free to post it here.

Please Note: Users who use multiple names will be deleted. Please choose a name so others can easily chat with you. Users must provide a name in the ‘name field’, please do not use the ‘@’ symbol in the name field.

Silva January 11, 2019 at 7:14 PM

First!

Roz January 12, 2019 at 6:09 AM

Hey,…too cool, you got it! 🙂

Antler January 12, 2019 at 3:56 PM

How you DO dat???

Silva January 12, 2019 at 5:43 PM

😁

Dorothy January 11, 2019 at 7:25 PM

No book report this time. I have a few birthdays to attend to this month but after that the birthday season is over for a few months.

This damp cold feels colder than the dryer cold we had a few days back.

Justifiable Languor January 14, 2019 at 8:04 AM

I bought a dehumidifier a few years ago. It will easily pull a quart of water out of the room when first used. The added bonus is, it will also warm the room a little. Put it on at dusk. Within a couple of hours you will be amazed at the feel of the room. Get one with wheels for mobility.

Mary Fouts January 14, 2019 at 1:38 PM

@Justifiable Languor – Good to know! By chance, does your dehumidifier register the change in the humidity of the room during the dehumidification process so you can quantify the humidity change?

The indoor humidity (from my weather station) in my home office room is now 53%, outside backyard humidity 79%. Truly don’t know if there is a ‘target’ interior humidity for wintertime comfort levels.

Justifiable Languor January 15, 2019 at 1:07 PM

Mary Fouts: I have a Frigidaire dehumidifier. Last night I put it on at 7:30 and ran to 9:00. It took about a cup of water out of the master bedroom. It started at 65 humidity, then fluctuated between 60 and 50 (weird, I know). This means I do not trust the gauge on the unit for accuracy but it did as I said. The room warmed a bit and felt a lot drier. We then washed the sheets and fluffed (dried) the down blanket and flannel (sheet) bedspread. Heavenly!

We don’t have carpeting (wood flooring) through out the house so I think 53% would be very nice. Carpeting would make the house more energy efficient for sure.

Anon January 11, 2019 at 7:40 PM

AB 1824 is here.
Hope your Modified vehicles are no louder than 95 decibels.

Too bad it was a small Annoying percentage who ruined it for everyone.

Barney R January 11, 2019 at 10:41 PM

We have a single turbo and a twin turbo vehicles, both right under 95 decibels at 3-4k rpms free reving but still making 575 and 800 awhp but loud as heck when in boost but still legal for the test.
Took video of the decible test and carry a decible meter in each vehicle. Have been pulled over in both and cops were really cool with the phone video.

XJ January 12, 2019 at 7:50 AM

@Anon. A small percentage of people ruined it for everyone.

You talking about the politicians.

Barney R January 12, 2019 at 8:11 AM

I’ve been hassled by cops for loud wxhaust since 1974. Tickets for racing, speed contests, exhibition of speed, modded motors, no smog equipment, you name it I’ve been nailed for it.
The 95 decible lawchas been in effect since the 70s I think, it’s not new just the fine is up front now. Before you’d just get it signed off by a cop that didn’t care. Now they wanna force you to acref station and those guys think they are God, but they can be bribed just like the smog check guys. There are ways around it all you just gotta play their silly game cause Ca just wants the money, modded loud exhausts don’t cause street racing like they state.
What pisses off Ca is completely stock vehicles coming out now are 700 hp and CARB EO ok parts on vehicles well over that number and Ca wants to stop it.
Carry on people you can still race, mod and be loud.

The Fearless Spectator January 12, 2019 at 9:45 AM

It’s easier for the Turbo guys as their cars are already quieter. Quieting down roots supercharged or high compression motors is really difficult.

My experience has been many police officers are automotive enthusiasts, and if you have a little grey hair and pass the attitude test you will be OK. If not, pay the fine and continue to preserve cool cars.

Anon January 12, 2019 at 1:37 PM

I seriously doubt it was the “grey heads” who ruined it, most of them are not coming home at 3am or racing to work at 5 am in a residential.

Also, who is going to be redlining a vehice while doing 25mph.

Sideshow fools and Ricers have ruined it for everyone. People don’t want to listen to that crap.

And you Mustang guys………there are other gears instead of 1st gear – it’s so ridiculous hearing you in your 4.6 motors.
Buick Grand Nationals were the fastest production cars, and they aren’t known for being Loud and Obnoxious.

WC Resident January 13, 2019 at 7:54 AM

If you argue about it long enough y’all will be wearing hearing aids and simply won’t care how much noise your car, or someone else’s makes.

I am more concerned with loud music and the affects on the person playing the songs. Yesterday it was a guy who looked like he was in his 40s with his car stereo playing so loudly that even after I rolled up my windows it was still loud inside my car. How can his ears and brain handle that level of noise? It had to be an eyeball rattling level of noise inside his car.

Anon January 13, 2019 at 10:55 AM

WC Resident,
When it shakes your house…….there are already loud for excessive noise / loud stereos.
If someone wants to do that on the freeway, who cares.

Cowellian January 11, 2019 at 7:48 PM

Cowellian’s first

Shasta Daisy January 11, 2019 at 7:57 PM

Early birds tonite.
Enjoy your evening.

Peace and sweet dreams.

Mary Fouts January 14, 2019 at 1:41 PM

@Shasta Daisy – We heart owls hooting last night in backyard area. Haven’t heard them in a while, so great to have them back for rodent control.

Also lots of smaller winter birds feeding in our yards, and also a number of Robins. I love the sweet call of Robins, so distinctive.

TraumaRx January 11, 2019 at 8:29 PM

Fire Chief Stephenson is facing a lengthy and costly legal battle. I hope the public he served for over a decade will come join his support and raise money for him and his family. A gofund me page is in the works.

Anon January 11, 2019 at 10:00 PM

What about the seat belts?

Karla January 12, 2019 at 8:10 AM

The public’s monies have paid the man for 19 years. He made the choice to abuse his prestigious position in the community. Stealing from the very same people you are now asking to help him financially. His salary is higher than most of the citizens. What happened here is a perfect example of what is wrong in the work place today. What has happened to people taking pride in a the job they choose and maintaining thier integrity.

S January 12, 2019 at 8:28 AM

We already have supported him with our tax dollar // his paycheck and excellent benefits…. He betrayed our trust… Not “1” Penny!

Dawg January 12, 2019 at 11:03 AM

Anyone who gives aid to a drug addict and/or an alcoholic is not helping them. Let them waddle in their self pity and hit rock bottom. It is then and only then that they may decide to do something about their addiction.
Do not under any circumstances be an enabler.

Silva January 12, 2019 at 2:07 PM

^^^^This^^^^

Mike January 12, 2019 at 7:12 PM

Why in the WORLD would anyone want to support this man? He abused his authority and position. I hope they throw the books at him.
Fire command staff are paid very well. I am sure his family is fine.
You reap what you sew.

S January 12, 2019 at 8:04 PM

crickets from T-Rx…

Justifiable Languor January 16, 2019 at 5:45 AM

Darning socks maddly
While birds sow yesterday’s meal
Wildflowers and tea.

Susan I. January 12, 2019 at 7:46 AM

Northern California Sled Dog Rescue (NorSled) Adoption Event
Sat, Jan 12, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
5404 Ygnacio Valley Rd
Event details
Come see our beautiful Northern Breed dogs available for adoption now. If you are an active person or family looking to add an energetic member, a Northern Breed dog may be exactly what you are looking for. Meeting NorSled Dogs: You can meet your new best friend at a NorSled Adoption Fair. To see the dogs in NorSled program, click on Available Dogs. This page also has information on our adoption process. http://www.norsled.org/available-dogs/ We are also looking for volunteers & foster families. Stop by and say hi!! PLEASE NOTE: Fairs may be cancelled, specifically if there is bad weather or other extenuating circumstances. We try to note fair changes or cancelations approximately 12 hours prior to the fair. If you are concerned or traveling a distance, please recheck this page before leaving for the fair. You can check the status here: http://www.norsled.org/schedule/

Anonymous January 12, 2019 at 8:58 AM

“Go fund in the works”. That means nothing of course . I think we can safely skip past Trauma , just saying silly stuff to get a rise from people. Attention seaker of the first order, with no meaningful message , other then” look at me”

Silva January 12, 2019 at 9:04 AM

Hey Concorde Jet!

Q: What does a thesaurus eat foe breakfast?

A: A synonym roll!

Concordejet January 12, 2019 at 9:25 AM

Joke
Q: What do a dog and a phone have in common?
A: They both have collar ID.

Jojo Potato January 12, 2019 at 9:50 AM

Xfinity internet and TV out in Walnut Creek. Near Homestead and Ygnacio. Sent from phone.

Jojo Potato January 12, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Back up now. Couch potatoes return to normal positions!

Ricardoh January 12, 2019 at 2:14 PM

Twenty fifth !!!

Shasta Daisy January 12, 2019 at 5:57 PM

The days are getting longer.
Too early to wish for Spring, though I did sow 5 packets of wildflowers today.
Make me happy.

Peace.

Mary Fouts January 14, 2019 at 1:52 PM

@Shasta Daisy – I’ve also been sowing flower seeds, primarily from flowers and wildflowers that went to seed. I periodically collect seeds then save them for direct sowing. Also direct sowed some red clover seed about a month ago in a backyard spot I want to naturalize (makes the best hot and iced tea!), it is coming up nicely. Topped it off with other collected flower seeds last week. Will be fun to see how it turns out.

Lovelace January 12, 2019 at 6:56 PM

Q: Why did the cat cross the road?
A: Because it was stapled to the chicken.

Kirkwood January 13, 2019 at 11:55 AM

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To prove to the possum that it CAN be done.

Transmissions Scion Engr January 13, 2019 at 8:39 PM

Geisha Williams (CEO of PG&E) was “fired” today Sunday 1/13/19 by the board of directors. Wonder how big of a golden parachute she got for running the stock into the ground?

Shasta Daisy January 16, 2019 at 7:49 AM

Did you feel it? I did.
4:42 am

Peace.

Mary Fouts January 16, 2019 at 11:37 AM

Larkey Park: Crazy sight this morning. Walking dogs and noticed that a man had gained entrance to the pool area. He was sitting or lying on the diving board with the board jacked up at a steep angle, not making a sound but staring at water. Brown hair/beard, dark stocking cap, khaki insulated bib overalls, white and black plaid shirt.

Didn’t have phone and no park personnel in sight, so went to Lindsay Exhibit and told front desk person at entrance area what was going on, asked her to call WCPD. When I walked back through park, the man had moved and was sitting in one of the lifeguard chairs. Really strange.

Cellophane January 16, 2019 at 6:05 PM

It was a dark and stormy night…

Dr. Jellyfinger January 17, 2019 at 9:46 PM

Where the hell is Thraxx? His name isn’t on the vacation schedule & he didn’t call in! No call – No show……. 3 more days & his job is up for grabs.

J January 18, 2019 at 12:15 PM

I miss thraxx too.

KAD January 18, 2019 at 2:48 PM

I am in for an early Last.

Silva January 18, 2019 at 4:38 PM

I hope he shows his face soon. I’m starting to worry.

Last.

Cowellian January 18, 2019 at 5:08 PM

What? Are we gonna have to put out a Gunmetal Gray alert on Thraxx?

Last!

KAD January 18, 2019 at 6:22 PM

last. Where are you Atticus?