Mother Arrested For DUI After Rolling Vehicle With Child Inside

November 9, 2018 8:00 am · 12 comments

A woman was arrested on Thursday morning on suspicion of felony driving under the influence after rolling her vehicle with a child inside in eastern Contra Costa County, according to the California Highway Patrol.

First responders found a Toyota sedan crashed at the scene containing the driver and a 5-year-old boy. He was properly restrained in a booster seat and only suffered minor injuries.

Officers determined that his mother had been driving under the influence and arrested her on suspicion of DUI and child endangerment.

The suspect’s name was not immediately released, and details about her medical condition were not immediately available.

Justifiable anger November 9, 2018 at 8:14 AM

Driving under the influence with a child?

How could anyone with a child endanger them in this manner? I just cannot have compassion for the idiot that endangered this child.

Barney R November 9, 2018 at 9:37 AM

Happens all the time, it’s not surprising at all this goes on. I’ve seen stay at home moms picking their kids up from school half crocked.

Dui/Dwi is widespread. It’s more common than people wanna believe.

Justifiable anger November 9, 2018 at 11:06 AM

Barney R: I know. I have lived here since the 60’s, so I am well versed on the social history of the area.

I am also well acquainted with the drug and alcohol abuse. It used to be folks would take a hike and take a hit under the oak trees. Once in a great while. Now people are self medicating several times a day. I am so sick of abusers. Two SIL and multiple childhood friends, fried. Alcoholic parents on both sides.

I have just plain old run out of patience…and I grew up in what is now known as the Ngate area. I have earned my so called ‘conservative’ stripes. Even though I do not qualify for that label.

Simonpure November 9, 2018 at 8:35 AM

Thank god she was sober enough to buckle up the child. This could have turned out real bad.

Don’t drink and drive November 9, 2018 at 8:47 AM

I’m sure with a mother like that the kid made sure he was buckled and safe. Good job kid.

Simonpure November 9, 2018 at 11:22 AM

Yeah…you are probably correct. Even my 3 year old granddaughter makes sure she is buckled up.

Silva November 9, 2018 at 12:21 PM

It’s an early rite of passage when a toddler can fasten themselves into the seat without assistance. Afterward they do not look back.

ConcordMike November 9, 2018 at 9:32 AM

What’s up with all the drunk driver accidents lately? We need more cops apparently, DUI checkpoints more frequently and retrain bartenders.

TraumaRx November 9, 2018 at 9:51 AM

Must I say it again. Seatbelts save lives.

WOW November 9, 2018 at 11:29 AM

WOW! This lady is done. She will lose her child and I THANK GOD that she does, people are freaking idiots, and anyone who would even put their child in this situation deserves to have their child taken and their reproductive organs removed.

Moneypenny November 9, 2018 at 7:09 PM

This makes me not only sad but extremely angry. So many people are walking/driving around and would never think that they have a drug/alcohol problem. If you are drinking every day to the point that you are in another realm or smoking weed all hours and climbing behind the wheel of a car then you have a problem. Sadly, so many do not take this seriously enough until it is too late.Seen the hazards of alcoholism and drug abuse in my own family. Cousins, uncle and a sister. Cousins are now dead from drug abuse, uncle died from alcoholism. I’m well aware and thank goodness do not have this disease. Hopefully the mother gets counseling and turns her life around for the sake of her child (ren) and herself.

Holly November 10, 2018 at 10:20 AM