Several Injured During Vehicle Collision In Downtown Pleasant Hill

November 6, 2018 21:29 pm · 12 comments

Multiple people were injured during a vehicle collision in downtown Pleasant Hill on Tuesday evening.

The collision occurred near the entrance to Crescent Plaza.

Preliminary reports indicate one vehicle ran a red light, t-boned a van, and flipped the van over. Three people had to be rescued from the overturned vehicle.

Thanks to Paul for the information and Will for the photo.

Why Am I Hungry November 6, 2018 at 11:20 PM

I always hesitate to go when the light turns green. Too many people running red lights and stop signs lately.

Doh November 7, 2018 at 8:04 AM

I don’t trust new green lights either. When I see someone running through it I pull my car up 2-3 feet to let them know I have a green light. It’s my subtle way of letting them know they did not clear the intersection in time.

Speedy November 6, 2018 at 11:58 PM

People go waaaay faster than the speed limit around here all the time. Wish phpd would do a better job with that and people on their cellphones ugh

Artie November 7, 2018 at 6:47 PM

I totally agree with you Speedy!

The Fearless Spectator November 7, 2018 at 9:01 AM

When you are first in line and the light turns green, taking a second to look both ways may save your life. The lack of respect for red lights and stop signs in Contra Costa is frightening.

U turns across four lanes of traffic are common in Walnut Creek. Either a drivers license is too easy to get or the financial consequences of a moving violation ticket are too low. Maybe both.

Neighbor November 7, 2018 at 11:12 AM

Fearless… I totally agree with you! After almost being hit by someone running a red light on Clayton Rd. I take my time moving forward. I wish the CPD would monitor Clayton Rd.. as I now constantly see people running lights. Very scary.

ON DA November 7, 2018 at 4:58 PM

I regularly take more than just a second BEFORE entering at into a blind intersection. And when able I stop behind the white line markers a good half car length or more as too not obstruct my lateral sight lines for pedestrians and what nots.

Moneypenny November 7, 2018 at 2:43 PM

I see so many people run this intersection on a regular basis. People think that because they are following closely to the person that is barely making the caution light/yellow that they have permission to do this. Fools. Is it really worth it to save a minute or even seconds when you can ruin your life and someone else’s? Slow down people.

Mika November 7, 2018 at 4:44 PM

PHOD—please help us! Could you tickets all these red light runners?

ON DA November 7, 2018 at 4:54 PM

That intersection is dangerous. It can be misleading and unpredictable.

Pedestrian only interchange

sue November 7, 2018 at 6:34 PM

pleasant hill van accident pictures video https://imgur.com/a/wZeTCXj

Oomph November 8, 2018 at 11:48 AM

This is awful. Prayers to those hit. I have been the first to turn onto contra costa from monument blvd and luckily I saw a red bmw speeding thru a red light or it would have been lights out for me!
It’s not worth it people!!!!