Concord Police Searching For Suspect Off Clayton Rd. – Loaded Gun Found In Vehicle

November 6, 2018 19:50 pm · 25 comments

Concord police are searching for a suspect who fled on foot from a vehicle in the area of Clayton Rd. near Matheson Dr.

A loaded gun was found inside the vehicle.

Police have asked for assistance from the Sheriff’s helicopter.

Stay inside if you live in the area and report any suspicious activity to the police.

Further information is not available at this time.

Bailey Rd Resident November 6, 2018 at 8:10 PM

I can hear the helicopter circling around our neighborhood in Bishop Ranch..I hope they find the suspect soon!!! Scary when this happens!

Hahaha November 6, 2018 at 8:34 PM

Not everyone w guns are bad lol, learn not to judge people just for their accessories. He might have a gun to save him self because there’s bad people with guns 💁🏽‍♀️ You wouldn’t feel good if the whole world said they were scared of you due to a stupid headline. You ain’t even heard the full story just some hearsay🤦🏽‍♀️

ON DA November 6, 2018 at 8:55 PM

Then why you runnin? Not laughing

Fitgirl November 6, 2018 at 8:14 PM

Overhead right now . So unnerving!

Marta mccord November 6, 2018 at 8:27 PM

My dogs alerted me of the copter I live on satinwood dr and the copter been going circles over head

ming November 6, 2018 at 8:28 PM

Yes and still circling. Lock your doors and windows, I did.
Thank you Claycord for the quick heads up!

Marta Mccord November 6, 2018 at 8:30 PM

Over head right now thank goodness I have guard dogs! Hope they catch the suspect soon

Theevaluator November 6, 2018 at 8:31 PM

Been ciclimg for over 15 minutes.

Barney R November 6, 2018 at 8:43 PM

My doors and windows aren’t locked, in fact front door is open.
You people are so silly…

Marta Mccord November 6, 2018 at 9:04 PM

Why don’t you go out and invite the suspect in your house?!?!? You are stupid or ignorant

seenitall November 6, 2018 at 8:47 PM

ain’t judging over here. But explains why he ran away!!!! he should have stayed put and explained why he had a loaded gun on him.!!! Cmon

Any update? November 6, 2018 at 8:58 PM

Police were on a court behind our house and came down our street once. They are gone as is the helicopter. Any update?

Cristina November 6, 2018 at 9:00 PM

He left his gun in the car so I think we are safe. I think that for those who aren’t gun owners then be scared but I’m feeling safe right now.

Marta mccord November 6, 2018 at 9:01 PM

Usually when cops find a loaded gun in a vehicle is because because the suspect is up to no good and why did he run??? Oh yeah suspect having gun and running from cops sure makes me feel awesome !!! Hell no!!!

concord alumni November 6, 2018 at 9:31 PM

Right!!!!! Why did he run??? Gun or no gun , just the fact of him running away EXPLAINS a lot !

Mike November 6, 2018 at 10:22 PM

Let’s see here….
If the car is stolen, it would be searched, gun would be found (stolen or otherwise) resulting in multiple charges.

Suspect has a 50/50 chance (or better) if he runs away (unarmed).

MommaToTwo November 6, 2018 at 9:19 PM

Dont judge people who run from the cops ? …so if you haven’t done anything wrong, why run ?! Who’s the dummy now ? I have never had a cop chase me. Why ? Oh, because I am a law abiding citizen.

Commonsenz November 6, 2018 at 9:24 PM

Suspect I believe was wearing black hoodie with white emblem on front and black beanie he was acting a but paranoid in demeanor walking towards BART down Clayton road. And if there was a loaded gun in car doesn’t mean he isn’t carrying another weapon…..cohld This person be connected to the attempted robbery this evening in walnut creek?

Chicken Little November 7, 2018 at 4:01 AM

I’ll bet if the cops searched their own car, they would also find a loaded gun.

Simonpure November 7, 2018 at 12:48 PM

Unless that’s where the suspect got it 🙂

Barney R November 7, 2018 at 7:50 AM

Cops would of shot him dead if he stayed in car and they knew gun was there.
So he’s better off to run and stay alive. Cops will shoot you if you are holding a popsicle in your hand suspiciously, so run haby run…

Anonympus November 7, 2018 at 8:52 AM

Barney , you are so right. I know tons of people shot while clutching a popsicle in their soon to be cold, dead hands. I suspect Concord gets 2-3 a week, more in the summer, of course . That’s to be expected.

And yet they let Klingons go free constantly.

Jeff November 7, 2018 at 9:43 AM

108RS is 10-8

Neenee November 7, 2018 at 12:34 PM

Is there any update whether they found him or not?

Ancient Mariner November 7, 2018 at 10:04 PM

Glad he left his gun behind in the car.
A win-win situation for everybody:
no police officer gets shot at, nor any civilian;
it takes the gun off the black market, so no being used in future crimes;
if he’s confronted by the police, he’s less likely to be killed by them without a gun; and
if the gun’s stolen, the owner can get it back.