60-Year-Old Danville Man Dies At Walnut Creek BART Station

November 6, 2018 15:23 pm · 10 comments

A man died at the Walnut Creek BART station on Monday morning despite efforts to revive him by bystanders and paramedics, according to BART officials.

BART police responded to reports of a man needing medical attention near a stairway in a paid area of the station at 7:42 a.m., according to BART.

They found two BART patrons performing CPR on the man, identified by the Contra Costa County coroner’s bureau as 60-year-old David Struck of Danville.

Paramedics arrived and took over CPR, but Struck died at the scene. It appears Struck died of natural causes and his death is not considered suspicious, according to the coroner’s bureau.

Cellophane November 6, 2018 at 3:45 PM

Only 60?

Too young.

May his memory be a blessing.

Ridgewalker November 6, 2018 at 5:04 PM

Amen

Bella November 6, 2018 at 4:38 PM

Way to young. My husband died walking into Kaiser Main in Walnut Creek from Cardiac Arrest at 62, my friend’s husband was duck hunting with their son and fell over at 63. All I know if my dad hadn’t kept up with his check ups, they would have never have found that his coronary arteries were closing at 65, he would have never had the open-heart surgery that save his life and ultimately gave him an extended 24 years.

Anon November 6, 2018 at 6:03 PM

Lucky you. My Dad died less than three years after his “textbook” mitral valve repair / bypass surgery.

Most people are propagandized and unwilling to look at the Elephant in the room…..what is causing the blocked arteries? It isn’t fruit, grains or veggies.

Siobhan November 6, 2018 at 6:43 PM

How nice that two Bart riders jumped into action performing CPR…..sorry the outcome wasn’t better……May the 60 year old man that died, may he rest in peace. It must be a comfort to his family that others tried to save him…..

Change November 6, 2018 at 7:04 PM

May this gentleman rest in peace

Momto12 November 6, 2018 at 7:36 PM

That’s the saddest thing I’ve heard all day. :'(
Prayers for his family.

Helenn November 6, 2018 at 9:39 PM

I wonder if he felt ill that morning and debated staying home. Must have been so scary but for the kind people who stayed to help. Poor guy.

Behzad November 7, 2018 at 2:50 PM

Does anyone know when and when his funeral take place? I was there when it happened, an I like to give David my respects.

Original G November 7, 2018 at 5:33 PM