San Francisco Dubbed ‘Doo-Doo Capital’ Of The United States

October 10, 2018 16:00 pm · 65 comments

It’s anything but a San Francisco treat.

One of the most beautiful cities in the country has turned into a dumping ground for Bay Area bowel movements — and things have gotten so bad, the California city is now dubbed the “Doo-Doo Capital in the US.”

Read the full story in the New York Post.

RANDOM TASK October 10, 2018 at 4:18 PM

wow cant wait for the dem socialist spin of how this is great for the state and how more bums is better and more literal crap is awesome for the economy

Pookie October 11, 2018 at 5:06 PM

They’ll say “ this is wonderful anti-aging, organic … FREE face treatment”, and they’ll run to stock up on it and use it daily. A whole new meaning to SH*t Faced.

Hayden Driscoll October 10, 2018 at 4:21 PM

Figures. Look who runs the city???? Very sad to see this. It is a beautiful city but not worth going to visit anymore.

dick buttkiss October 13, 2018 at 11:33 PM

oh stop it…….

MoJo October 10, 2018 at 4:26 PM

Here’s a fun little video on the subject.

jon s October 10, 2018 at 4:32 PM

I always knew they were full of crap out there…..

jon s October 10, 2018 at 4:38 PM

Where are the poop police??

Simonpure October 11, 2018 at 1:29 PM

Inside BART vehicles nowhere near a BART station.

Willis October 10, 2018 at 4:41 PM

Liberal policies in action. It’s a shame but a direct result.

Dawg October 10, 2018 at 4:47 PM

Thanks to Gavin Newsom and Ed Lee. London Breed is following in their footsteps, keep up the good work.

Pied October 10, 2018 at 5:01 PM

San Francisco looks great on a postcard but I think it’s a filthy cesspool and the people who govern it have failed. Any tourist that walks down to a BART train is in for a real treat.

Cellophane October 10, 2018 at 5:21 PM

How long will it take for this nastiness to migrate to Concord?

What is the City Council willing to do to discourage this sort of behavior?

Of will they?

MEV October 10, 2018 at 6:16 PM

Where have you been? They are already there . . . . . . in a large number loitering around.

Mike October 11, 2018 at 10:41 AM

I ran the iron horse trail yesterday and had to call the police (ebrpd) for a homeless guy picking up shopping carts (he had them all lined up) and slamming them down. Screaming and yelling. From Concord Ave to the Jeep dealership side, I saw 8 transients just hanging out on the trail, and over 20 tents. How is this Ok?

Wesley Mouch October 10, 2018 at 5:29 PM

Waiting for the cholera outbreak to hit. They’ll love it over there… biodiversity, don’t ya know. Then they’ll be running around wearing cholera germ hats.

Fed up October 11, 2018 at 5:27 AM

LA is having a spread of typhus and Chicago is having a problem with a polio like illness spreading. Third world problems.

94523 October 10, 2018 at 5:35 PM

Sad what has become of this State most of it started in S.F.and has slowly spread to the suburbs.

NoSFO October 10, 2018 at 5:38 PM

It started when Willie Brown was Mayor and he ordered the police to back off on enforcing “quality of life” crimes, such as sleeping on sidewalks or defecating in public. It all seems to have gotten much worse under the beloved Mayor Ed Lee. It seems the current mayor’s solution is to spend many hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to clean up the poo (and needles, urine, etc.). Necessary, but still seems like a bandaid on a broken leg.

I just saw a statistic on the news last night that San Francisco spends about $43K per homeless person per year on services and clean up. The people who clean up the poo and needles make a salary of over $70K/year with full benefits and pensions. These are mind boggling numbers.

MEV October 10, 2018 at 6:18 PM

Homeless get away with “murder” in SF. Working over here is just awful. Never want to eat at any restaurant though. You lose your appetite right away seeing them loiter in front and peeing on the rear walls of the restaurants. Yum!

Chicken Little October 11, 2018 at 3:47 AM

To be fair, I wouldn’t pick up poop and needles in San Francisco for $70k.

T. Payne October 11, 2018 at 3:49 PM

I don’t think they gat paid enough. You would have to pay me a lot more than 70K to pick up someone else poop.

S October 10, 2018 at 5:40 PM

CA will be the Poo Poo State if newsom becomes gov. vote for cox…..

CocoRez October 10, 2018 at 8:04 PM

That’s the plan. Vote for Cox!

MEV October 10, 2018 at 9:25 PM

Voting Cox also; Nuisance makes my skin crawl. Despite that, I would still never vote for any dude who cheats on his wife with his best friend’s wife. SKUMBAGGO.

PO'd October 10, 2018 at 5:52 PM

Amazing that high rents/real estate values coincide with huge quantities of poop and needles. I suppose it will only get worse until the next great earthquake and fire, since the politicians who run the place have no clue.
Imagine in 2030, when the high speed rail system bogs down to normal speed because the works are all totally pooped.
Avoid the place like the plague. Who knows: maybe that’s next!

Original G October 10, 2018 at 6:10 PM

Gavin Newsom member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors from 1997 to 2004 and Mayor 2004 – 2011. As LT Governor was a supporter of Prop 47 which among other things changed personal use of most illegal drugs from a Felony to a misdemeanor.

While making using drugs a misdemeanor may sound compassionate Prop 47 destroyed a powerful tool for Judges. Upon conviction the Judge would impose a harsh state Prison sentence which would be immediately stayed provide the defendant met certain terms while on formal probation.
First they got clean n sober and stayed that way and they committed no new crimes usually for a period of FIVE YEARS during which there would be random drug testing.

Failure of terms of probation meant they did the full state Prison term, a rather powerful motivation to clean up and become a productive member of society. That method SAVED many, many lives and forced hard decisions that turned around peoples lives. Have seen several dozen people turn around their lives.

Sadly have seen an increase in number of deaths since Prop 47 which might have been averted if Courts still had the ability to force people to hit their bottom and turn their lives around.

Newsom had more than ample time to effect lasting change on San Francisco an Failed and rather than being positive influence as LT Governor he supported Prop 47.

Perhaps SF should change it’s name to Newsomville.

Always Right October 11, 2018 at 7:36 AM

Excellent Post !

It is not compassionate to allow addicts to persist in their downward spiral. Time for tough love. Vote Republican for a change.

Sick of it October 10, 2018 at 6:22 PM

San Francisco has truly become a sesspool now high crime and crap in the streets. Remember a lot of the peo0le that have caused this are seeking higher office as they go through there careers. I will never vote Democrat. They are happy to live in there own filth, I am not

Sad But True October 10, 2018 at 6:23 PM

I lived in SF for several years in the early 2000’s. I have gone back to visit for events here and there since then and each time I do am more shocked at how bad things have gotten there.

I am not saying everything was perfect back then but it was nothing even close to the current condition it is now. It really is a shame.

94523 October 10, 2018 at 7:07 PM

Yep first time I visited S.F. I was 17 years old and I thought it was a crap hole then I am now 66 and still think it is a crap hole so basically nothing has changed for the good only worse in the past 49 years.

Frank Faragasso October 10, 2018 at 8:38 PM

I worked in San Francisco from 1973 until 2006 and watched it deteriorate all those years. However I went back for a former coworker’s retirement party last year and was shocked at how much worse it had become. As late as 2006 you would occasionally see a bum crapping on the street or a used needle (the smell of urine was common) in the Financial District and it got worse as you went down Market toward Civic Center, but last year, the BART Station smelled like a porta party that hadn’t been cleaned in a month and there was crap and needles all over the sidewalk as you exited the BART Station…wow..people who want Newsom as Governor are sick…

H October 10, 2018 at 6:38 PM

But who is number two?

Zeke October 10, 2018 at 7:08 PM

Low hanging fruit, but still hilarious!

Nunya October 10, 2018 at 6:47 PM

What expect from Sodom?

HappyPappy October 10, 2018 at 6:55 PM

Coming soon to a sanctuary city near you. Unless you live in Concord, then you’re ground zero. This is what you get from that blue wave.

Nunya October 11, 2018 at 4:37 PM

careful! the inmates will throw poo at you.

Zeke October 10, 2018 at 7:05 PM

So true. I’m a Bay Area native, still love the Bay Area. I hate San Francisco. Never understood the infatuation. I’ve even not taken jobs, and even quit a job so I wouldn’t have to deal with that God forsaken city anymore. People think I’m crazy. I tell them, I know, I’m weird, but I just have a problem with human feces all over the sidewalk. Plenty of other reasons, but that one’s kind of a deal breaker for me.

Gititogether October 10, 2018 at 7:43 PM

Sad for fellow natives…who believe it or not, are fairly conservative and don’t elect or support the commie carpetbaggers

Smith October 10, 2018 at 11:03 PM

You’re so right. Seems like the imports are wacko.

Tsa October 10, 2018 at 7:48 PM

This is why I’m going to sell t-shirts that say “The Sh#ty by the Bay” rather than “The City by the Bay”.

MEV October 10, 2018 at 9:28 PM

I’m going to sell shirts that say “I LIKE BEER!” and make a million.

CocoRez October 10, 2018 at 8:08 PM

It’s been the💩 capitol for a long time. The dems are good at hiding it and praising it. All of Ca is not far behind. Vote differently or exspect it to get worse.

Frank Faragasso October 10, 2018 at 8:31 PM

Thanks Gavin, the democrats will be working for you to turn the entire state into a toilet plus the needles.

Scott McKenzie October 10, 2018 at 8:34 PM

…..”Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair….”

Whoe Jim October 10, 2018 at 8:50 PM

It all makes sense…. The people running the show, don’t even know how to teach their people where to go…..

The Fearless Spectator October 10, 2018 at 9:39 PM

This is nothing new, the title is just official now. If you want to see wealth and poverty in the same block, go to San Francisco. That’s the real doo-doo.

Citizen October 10, 2018 at 9:40 PM

You guys better be thankful the so called liberals are charitable enough to put up with the these folks. You know some cities actually bus them out and dump them in other cities. How would ya’ll like them apples! Those damn liberals are saving your bacon.

RANDOM TASK October 10, 2018 at 9:48 PM

It’s a blue state because they have made it that way

Vote and have your neighbor vote for a better state

This state is riding on your ignorance and loyalty to party all I ask is you actually read and look around …..is this the state that you see your children and grand children being safe in …I mean every thing aside the children are suffering right here ….education funding and academics are non existent …..schools are just imposed childcare

This state by defunding schools is breeding low rent low lives culture to secure and rule the people through a widening of the gap between poor and doing ok …the gap is so wide it can’t be seen it’s already past you and moving faster ….just look around and see where you are and where you want to be and how far away you are

M October 10, 2018 at 10:12 PM

H, I believe the line you were going for was “who does number two work for?” Not proud that I know that, but I still think the movie is hilarious.

KAD October 10, 2018 at 11:26 PM

This is so sad. I loved this City so much when I was younger. In the 60’s you could walk around at all hours and be safe.

AnonZ October 11, 2018 at 4:57 AM

The fact of the matter is that if people could actually afford housing around here there would not be so many homeless.

The Fractionator October 11, 2018 at 5:18 AM

Guess the Doo-doo scoopers they hired cant keep up with the doo-doo supply. Bottom line, with all the political rants and conservatives vs. liberals, it’s a shame that society has gotten this low.

DD October 11, 2018 at 6:30 AM

The City Council said this is the Number 1 problem in the San Francisco when it’s actually Number 2.

Guinness October 11, 2018 at 8:06 AM

There’s a stat for everything.

Chester E. Kitty October 11, 2018 at 8:10 AM

It would be a lot cheaper and more sanitary for SF to put some porta-potties on the corner every few blocks.

Silva October 11, 2018 at 8:12 AM

Throughout most of my life San Francisco was famous for being on the short list of the world’s most beautiful cities. When traveling overseas I’ve seen numerous people’s eyes light up when I said where I was from. Now I may as well say “Poop Central”. Or “Concord”. Maybe they’ll think I mean Concord, Mass.

Doh October 11, 2018 at 10:28 AM

Lots of blaming the democrat politicians but no one else is attempting to solve the problems of homeless and lazy dog owners. As for needles, I say put up some injection sites with free needles to stop aids and they can’t leave with a needle. I have not heard of any city in America that has come up with a solution to the homeless problem. It increased with the closing of mental institutions.

My friend Joe would be homeless if it wasn’t for Obamacare. Dementia took his good mind and made him helpless. Now he is in an assisted living home.

Citizen October 11, 2018 at 11:19 AM

Thank you.

RSD October 11, 2018 at 10:49 AM

Liberal utopia. So very proud

littletoe October 11, 2018 at 1:14 PM

This is the result of an anything goes society. The city is like a third world country and I just can’t understand how anyone can stand to live or work there any longer.

Atticus Thraxx October 11, 2018 at 3:29 PM

Hard to argue that it’s not a do-do hole. But I gotta tell you, Honolulu and Waikiki are almost as bad. They keep the main strip pretty clean, but when you stray from that, it’s gross and a pretty dangerous. Waikiki public beach, twice I went to go for a swim my last trip and there was dirty diapers floating in the water. Back to the hotel pool. People suck.

ConcordRez October 11, 2018 at 3:33 PM

After two years living in Manhattan, I moved to San Francisco in 1970 because rents were cheaper and I could still avail myself of the wonders of NYC on layovers as a flight attendant. I was appalled that San Francisco dog-owners didn’t “curb” their dogs. I moved to the suburbs after two years. Now it’s worse with human urine and feces. I go to SF several days a week for the museums and theatre. I wear washable shoes so that my suburban home isn’t infected. As I travel the world and people tell me they just visited San Francisco, I’m embarrassed–and not just by POTUS

The Fearless Spectator October 11, 2018 at 6:54 PM

It’s time to recycle! Just like glass and aluminum, get paid per pound by depositing doo-doo at official San Francisco recycling centers. Now some folks can make a living recycling doo-doo! (Political offence possibly intended).

FYI BART Stations are not recycling centers; they just looks like them.

jjshawk October 12, 2018 at 12:31 AM

“Crap-App” for smart phones?

Tasha Juli October 15, 2018 at 6:11 PM

I believe it! Earlier this year my husband and I sold our house in Walnut Creek and moved back to Beverly Hills, mostly because of my hatred for SF. As a native Angelino, I’m not exactly faint of heart. That said, San Francisco is one of the nastiest, filthiest places ever. It’s also one of the most over-rated cities in the US if you ask me. Who wants to deal with being attacked by homeless people and sidestep poo for $$$$?!