Claycord – Talk About Politics

October 5, 2018 19:10 pm · 119 comments

politics_claycord

This post is “Talk About Politics”.

Please use this post to talk about politics, and keep politics out of the “whatever” thread.

Thank you, and be kind to each other.

Please Note: Users who use multiple names will be deleted. Please choose a name so others can easily chat with you. Users must provide a name in the ‘name field’, please do not use the ‘@’ symbol in the name field.

Original G October 5, 2018 at 7:14 PM

Over past weeks world has witnessed what could rightly be described as quintessential essence of a class of progressive liberal socialist politicians who have little civility in their almost seditious pursuit of their goals, as evidenced during the Kavanaugh episode in Washington, DC.

Simple precepts of civilized man have become foreign to them or more factually there seems to be a standard for everyone else and a different one for them.
To them ends justify means.
A few standards of morality lets say . . .
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
Thou shalt not commit adultery
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife

The last two apparently hold little value to at least one Democrat politician running for office here in CA. An apparently for some reason voters of CA are willing to accept a lower morals from their politicians . . . . . but then again this is CA.

PO'd October 5, 2018 at 9:28 PM

This is the most vicious display of absolute desperation and manipulation that I’ve ever seen from certain Senators. Classic Alinksky playbook. The stall tactics used here fell short of the goal line, but don’t expect silence from the left. It’s election time.

Original G October 5, 2018 at 7:18 PM

Take a moment and reflect how you will be sympathetic and understanding this weekend and next week at work of your fragile snowflake liberal friends and co-workers.

We need to understand their discomposure, consternation and possible pandemonium over Judge Kavanaugh being confirmed to The Supreme Court . . . . . . he’ll be there for like THIRTY YEARS.

Offer them a cup of hot chocolate, a URL of a website selling adult footed Onesie pajamas or possibly some playdoh and maybe a Binky.

On second thought, tell them to grow up and laugh at them.

Really ??? October 6, 2018 at 7:48 PM

Spot on! I’m already bracing myself for the whining I know I’ll be subjected to Monday morning, 🙄

Justifiable anger October 7, 2018 at 8:45 AM

A Onesie and a Binky? That would be a great Halloween costume!

Original G October 9, 2018 at 3:39 PM

Since Halloween costume was brought up.
Over the years cerebral rectal impactus has been suggested numerous times as reason for their bizarre thought processes.

Tsa October 5, 2018 at 7:22 PM

I’m still waiting to hear Kamela Harris’ apology for acting like an immature spoiled child at the Kavanaugh hearings. She should resign immediately for the good of this country.

Elwood October 5, 2018 at 10:17 PM

She is obviously temperamentally unsuited for the US Senate.

She should resign immediately and get out of politics.

Smith October 5, 2018 at 10:47 PM

Kamela Harris acts like an immature, spoiled child because she is an immature, spoiled child. She has never been required to act like an adult, so her repertoire is rather limited. She has hauled out her silly, childish attitude to put on full display at every public opportunity available since she got elected. She’s an embarrassment to her race, her gender, and to elected officials the world over when she enters into one of her snits for all the world to see. She is lacking in the skills required of a diplomatic negotiator, representative of her constituents, competant legislator. In that respect, she and DeSaulnier have much in common and pathetically represent a large swath of California’s liberally compromised voters.

PO'd October 6, 2018 at 8:08 AM

Typical of an “activist” mentality, where her cause supersedes her ability to be a rational lawmaker. I’m sure she wanted to be one of the protesters yelling at certain Senators.
She was a poor DA when in SF, and continues to be poor as a Senator.

Newellian October 5, 2018 at 7:46 PM

I am sick to death of the lies and misrepresentations about Catharine Baker by her opponent. Supporters of the liar from Orinda need to read the Times and Chronicle editorials supporting Catharine for re-election.

Amy October 5, 2018 at 8:13 PM

Sadly low information voters get their information from the internet or the left wing media. Conservatives please get out and vote. Show some common sense.

MoJo October 5, 2018 at 8:33 PM

No matter which side of the aisle you fall on, I think everyone should spend 20 minutes listening to Senator Susan Collins speech. I think she just hit a home run. My opinion of course.

Susan I. October 5, 2018 at 9:38 PM

Mojo, I agree.

SF oh October 6, 2018 at 12:23 PM

Sen. Collins’ speech was excellent. She calmly explained the facts. She made Feinstein, Harris and Booker look like fools.

Fred P. October 6, 2018 at 3:20 PM

Nobody had to help them look like fools. They did it on their own.

Hope Johnson October 6, 2018 at 9:36 PM

Senator Collins speech was nothing more than an attempt to rehab Kavanaugh. No need to listen to it – you can sum it up in one sentence. She thinks there needs to be leadership to bring together the deeply divided nation but there’s no way she is going to be the one to do it.

1791 October 7, 2018 at 1:02 PM

The Senator made the mistake of putting herself in the position of having to give that speech. We need new young, conservative blood in Maine.

HappyPappy October 5, 2018 at 10:13 PM

THE GOOD GUYS WIN!

Elwood October 5, 2018 at 10:19 PM

You may not be able to see it, but I’m doing my happy dance!

Well then..... October 6, 2018 at 12:57 AM

Last week I put out an idea, and I’m going to do it again…..and Elwood agreed with me.
First, because we do not have another option, let’s put the Republican vote behind the crazy progressive liberal Kevin de Leon. I know, I know, it goes against everything I and others believe in…but it would be worth it to get that wicked, lying Di Fi out of Washington once and for all. She wasn’t endorsed by the state Demoncratic party, so if we can throw our support along with the other whack jobs that will vote for him, maybe we can punish her for her dirty tactics in this Kavenaugh process.

Secondly, I wish I had ten bucks for every time I read a comment here that said something like; “De Saulinier is such a waste! And a crappy bartender! Why does he keep getting elected?!” I’d be able to afford a house here if I had those Hamiltons. But Look! We have a choice, and a chance! His name is John Fitzgerald…and to be honest, I know very little about him, but he’s NOT that waste of space Mark!

And finally, elect John Cox. Can you imagine Gavin Newsom with his well documented history of Swingin’ both ways, drug infused sex parties during the Democratic state convention in San Diego, cheating with his best friends wife being our Governor??!! This poor excuse of a Man will only drive this once great state even further into the ground. Brown has us hovering just above Rock Bottom….Newsom has the shovel in hand to start digging.

Have a great weekend everyone….and Libs? enjoy that confirmation vote, there’s more to come.

Always Right October 6, 2018 at 9:13 AM

@Well then… I would not vote for DeSaulnier, but I won’t be voting for Fitzgerald either. He is a holocost denier. He may have other more conventional viewpoints on other issues, but this position puts him under the category of crackpot conspiracy theorist.

Fitzgerald is not endorsed by the GOP. Our local GOP is so weak they couldn’t find anybody to run. Fitzgerald got on the ballot on his own initiative.

#IbelieveJudgeKavanaugh

HappyPappy October 6, 2018 at 9:57 AM

Well then……Two thumbs up!

SF oh October 6, 2018 at 12:37 PM

I’m no fan of Feinstein but I’d vote for her before I’d vote for DeLeon. I suggest doing some research on him before making your final decision.

Fred P. October 6, 2018 at 1:41 PM

It is a Republican Oval Office, a Republican House, a Republican Senate and a Republican Supreme Court. We The People have spoken. MAGA on November 6th.

Have a nice day, liberals. Now go back to your safe spaces. We’re tired of your BS.

Smith October 6, 2018 at 1:59 PM

DeLeon is far to the left of Feinstein as the California Democrats embrace the alt left. You remember the alt left? They’re the ones who ended free speech at UC Berkeley when they would not allow conservative speakers to appear of campus, rioting and setting fire to the Student Union and battering those they dusagreed with. He embraces the sanctuary state model, freely admits his family came here illegally, and does not support the arrest, detention, and deportation of illegal immigrants by ICE. While Feinstein is still a Democrat, at least she is willing to represent Northern California and her constituents with Trump. DeLeon is also from Hollywood … enough said.

cashew October 6, 2018 at 9:55 AM

Please read the voter guide carefully. Prop 7, the one that supposedly makes Daylight Savings Time year-round does nothing of the sort. Federal law does not allow that. Prop 7 gives the California legislature the ability to make the change without it being approved by the voters, which current law requires. Current law requires that change to go before the voters. The proponents, are trying to trick you into thinking you are approving the change to full time DST, but it’s actually intended to take the power away from the people and give it to the legislature. By their nature, they think they know more about what is best for us than we do. Why would they do this, you ask, since Federal law does not allow it? Well, they have dreams of being in control of the Federal government, they can make the change there to allow states to go to full-time DST, then California will be all set for the legislature to implement it. Don’t give up your power to decide, vote NO.

Captain Bebops October 6, 2018 at 2:24 PM

In the Internet age you don’t need time zones nor DST. Just run on Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). No math needed to figure out when to call your friends on the other side of the globe. Sadly, the idea seems to be over many people’s pay grade (especially the legislature). 😉

Forsythe October 6, 2018 at 10:31 AM

Does anyone out there still believe Dr. Christine Blasey Ford?

This fun video analyzes her body language:

SF oh October 6, 2018 at 6:53 PM

Thanks for posting that link. Very interesting. Gawd, that woman is annoying! How anyone could believe a word she said, is beyond me.

Bill Cutting October 6, 2018 at 11:00 AM

Joe Friday i mean Stalin i’m not even sure what you wrote there it takes a lot of mental gymnastics to still be against this guy when all the witnesses that a liberal professor brought forth contradicted her statement case closed she’s a liar and they’re going to find out how her information got leaked …happy weekend to all

Smith October 6, 2018 at 11:31 AM

Christine Blasey Ford is living proof that psychotherapy is pointless.

HappyPappy October 6, 2018 at 11:44 AM

It is important that Kavanaugh’s nomination is confirmed. Why? The Supreme Court was 5/4 (Conservative/Liberal) when Scalia passed. Judge K doesn’t change that. We should not have liberal activist supreme court judges.
Democrats and lunatic liberals would like to see a “Living, Evolving Constitution”. Even lop-eared obama said that.
A living Constitution actually makes it a “dead” document. It was written as the Supreme Law of the Land, overriding all others.
It was meant to be interpreted rigidly. It not only outlines the very framework of the Government itself, but is what recognizes and secures OUR rights as citizens.
A “living document” is a flexible Constitution which undermines the security of those rights, leaving it up to the arbitrary whim of the Government, like whether your 4th Amendment right to privacy matters if they decide to suspect you of being a terrorist so you could be controlled. That’s just one of thousands of examples one could come up with, and just one very important reason Judge K must be confirmed….To do otherwise would be a grave attack against our Republic. We’d go back to the obama style years of shared poverty for all if the Democrats had won this battle.

I have never voted for a republican. After witnessing the behavior of you lunatic liberals, this election will be different. I know I’m not the only one to feel this way.
Blue wave…….my a$$!

1791 October 7, 2018 at 1:26 PM

Interesting how many anti-lib or anti-dem people claim to have “never voted for a republican”. I have and I’m not about to let the left shame me into denying it. If the people with good common sense get out and vote, our Constitution will be securing the rights of many generations to come.
So Pappy, where do your votes go?

HappyPappy October 7, 2018 at 5:57 PM

1791 –
When I believe a candidate is worthy of my vote they get my vote. I haven’t voted in a presidential election since 1980. From here on it’s anybody NOT a liberal left wing democrat jackal.

Anonymous October 6, 2018 at 12:21 PM

Liberal folks decry profiling. Thinking someone is guilty because a they are a member of a race which has a high crime rate is unacceptable to them and to me.

But with a Kavanaugh they forget this and tell us how prevalent sexual violence is ,and therefore believe him guilty.

We call this hypocrisy .

Ricardoh October 6, 2018 at 1:16 PM

After a disgusting smear campaign put on by the democrats Judge Kavanaugh is confirm 50 to 48 to the Supreme Court.
I think the democrats made a big mistake with their attack on the judge. He is only human and probably has a great memory for people who called him an evil sexual predator. This will cost them biggly.

Larry October 6, 2018 at 3:37 PM

Yep Ricardoh I love the sound of leftist liberal socialist heads exploding with their every failure in their attempt to destroy this country.

mtzman October 11, 2018 at 1:48 AM

And that, Ricardoh, is precisely the reason he should never have been confirmed.

Liar! Liar! October 11, 2018 at 8:37 AM

That has been the Leftist’s plan from the beginning. Attack the nominee and then claim that the judge can’t be objective because of their own bad behavior.

HappyPappy October 6, 2018 at 2:33 PM

I believe you may have misinterpreted Canon 2 of the Judicial Code of Conduct. He WAS NOT sitting as a judge. In addition, he didn’t lie.
But hey, thanks for your leftist opinion.

Justice for All! October 6, 2018 at 4:32 PM

Elections have consequences!

Elwood October 6, 2018 at 4:42 PM

Happy Dance! Happy Dance! Happy Happy Happy Dance!❤❤❤❤

Elwood October 6, 2018 at 6:17 PM

Let’s all say hello to Maxine Waters!

Get up in her face!

Get up in her face!

Elwood October 6, 2018 at 6:55 PM

Hysterical screaming or free speech?

Who ya gonna believe? Kamala Harris or your lying ears?

Original G October 6, 2018 at 7:31 PM

An for the next few weeks feeding frenzy usually only seen with piranha will consume the left, liberal media behave as petulant children who have not gotten their way.

How soon will liberal politicians descend into blaming each other for their failure to stop Kavanaugh.

Would not be surprised if another one of the low information, low intellect minions, provoked by the incessant hate rhetoric, attempts another mass shooting event targeting conservatives.

Original G October 6, 2018 at 8:44 PM

An of course as expected somebody had to go and use the old time worn video clip and subtitle it about the democrat’s Kavanaugh debacle.
No telling how long it will be up on the web.

Justifiable anger October 7, 2018 at 8:41 AM

Cheers!

Really? October 7, 2018 at 10:03 AM

Thanks “Original G”, nice chuckle to start the day!

Justice for All! October 6, 2018 at 10:06 PM

Justice Kavanaugh sounds great!
Maybe it’s the cries of anguish from the loony left, but it sounds like winning!

Atticus Thraxx October 6, 2018 at 10:21 PM

I wouldn’t get all that uppity yet Red Team. Let’s see how the mid-terms play out. I’d be a bit nervous about November if I was you.
But in the name of being a good sport,congratulations on a bloody battle won! Let’s see if you can survive your victory. 😉

Ricardoh October 7, 2018 at 8:03 AM

I think it is can you survive your lose.

1791 October 7, 2018 at 1:39 PM

It’s a win for both “teams”, AT. As a bonus, you can keep your firearms!

Dr. Jellyfinger October 6, 2018 at 10:57 PM

Blue Team Hats will say ….
“MACA” (Make America Crap Again)

Elwood October 6, 2018 at 11:03 PM

I believe in Christine Blasey Ford!

Also fairies, unicorns and self-hypnosis.

HappyPappy October 7, 2018 at 12:18 AM

Well thanks again for your opinion but you’re still wrong.

Dr. Jellyfinger October 7, 2018 at 7:59 AM

Well ……. Kavanaugh was sworn in yesterday, no waiting around huh? Lol!
and here we are now… the morning after.
Unfortunately, the only true cure for hangovers is the painfully slow passage of time…. but there are a few things you can do to feel better!
1. Drink some Vitamin Water to put some electrolytes in you.
2. Avoid caffeine.
3. Switch parties & become a Republican.

Marianne October 7, 2018 at 9:03 AM

How can anyone talk about politics on this wonderful day! Some people need a sandwich.

Dr. Jellyfinger October 7, 2018 at 10:30 AM

OK Mariane!
Crow Salad Sandwiches for all the Democrats…

1791 October 7, 2018 at 1:11 PM

Joe, I think you mean “assault accusation”…just the facts, ma’am.

Original G October 7, 2018 at 1:34 PM

Question, What group of people bears the blame for Kavanaugh being confirmed ? ? ? ?

SF oh October 7, 2018 at 5:25 PM

I think Dr. Ford’s “handlers” made a mistake by putting her in the phony persona. If she had come in to the hearings and spoken in her natural voice; worn her own glasses that fit her face; and didn’t try so hard to look traumatized …. she may have been more believable. I would love to see the “real” Christine Ford. I can’t imagine she teaches college-level courses and using that fake, baby voice. Kindergarten – possibly – college, no. Her clothing looked professional enough, but her hair hanging in her face and the giant, joke glasses were ridiculous. Her stylists did not make her look like a sympathetic character- they made her look like a phony.

Might is enough October 7, 2018 at 2:34 PM

I’m sorry everyone feels the need to attack or make fun of people on the other side. I don’t think Judge Kavanaugh should have been pushed through- not because I am a left wing nut job but because he didn’t do himself any favors with his sarcastic snarky comments with the Senate ( I don’t care how pissed he was). People are forgetting that Trump has already placed someone on the Court and I don’t remember all the fuss- he got through- No Left wing conspiracy, no angry Clinton’s, the man was confirmed.
This is a job interview and there are times when a perfectly good candidate applied for a job and they just have too much baggage, I believe that is the case with Judge Kavanaugh, it was the wrong time for this candidate. Whether or not he did or didn’t act appropriately at 17. People talk about corroborating Ford’s story (but from her testimony there was nothing to corroborate she said she told nobody for years) this wasn’t to prove guilt or innocence. The one thing I know is NONE OF THEM SHOULD HAVE BEEN DRINKING AT THAT AGE! That doesn’t make her a liar. THAT DOESNT MAKE HIM GUILTY OF ASSAULT. It does make him guilty of bad judgement. So while those on the right are giving each other high fives and mocking victims of sexual abuse and those on the far Left are planning their next move. Remember this Country belongs to ALL OF US and we need to work together.

Nature Lover October 8, 2018 at 11:48 AM

@Might is Enough
Amen to what you said.

Smith October 8, 2018 at 5:53 PM

@Might is enough You’re assuming Kavanaugh did what Ford alleged. Seven FBI investigations did not find her allegations credible. I believe he had every right to defend himself and be very angry at this orchestrated Democratic attempt to slur his character in such a way.

Rollo Tomasi October 10, 2018 at 9:04 AM

“People are forgetting that Trump has already placed someone on the Court and I don’t remember all the fuss- he got through- No Left wing conspiracy, no angry Clinton’s, the man was confirmed.”

This statement belies a lack of understanding of the process. Kavanaugh was nominated to replace Justice Kennedy, who was neither strongly liberal nor conservative. He was most often the swing vote on matters split down ideological lines. Kavanaugh now represents that swing vote, and that’s why the left has lost their s**t. Trump is fulfilling a campaign promise by moving the court more toward a conservative, textual interpretation of the Constitution.

Kavanaugh might have committed sexual assault? And Ford might have lied about the whole thing. As a clinical research psychologist she would know how to do so convincingly.

Yes, it was a job interview – one that took place during judicial hearings before Congress where sworn testimony was taken and sworn affidavits were submitted. If you believe due process and the presumption of innocence can be suspended during such a process, you also have very little understanding of two basic pillars of our society. Personally, if Kavanaugh hadn’t reacted the way he did to false accusations of vile crimes, it would have made him suspect in my mind. If it were me, Cory Booker would have had his teeth knocked out and I’ve have done some jail time.

silent majority October 7, 2018 at 3:46 PM

I voted for trump as the lesser of two evils. i am a small business owner who does not want the govt in my bowl over every decision. my trump vote was for two simple words … supreme court. could he get a tri fecta? rbg is like weekend at bernies.

it is curious/amusing to see how trump has kidnapped the media over the last two years. democrats heads are exploding in a verbal assault on every twitter feed and/or opinion not in agreement with theirs. the kavanaugh hearing/delay was an insult to the process. based on so little information, democrats chose guilty until proven innocent. as the parent of a teenage son, the fact that unsubstantiated claims can destroy the reputation of a person is beyond scary. (duke lacrosse team anyone?). i feel sorry for ms ford. she was a pawn in a game she didn’t know the rules of. i am certain she had an experience somewhere, somehow that impacted her greatly. but this fill in the blanks was a chasm to big to cross. my suggestion to EVERYONE is to spend twice as much time listening, before opening your mouth. the 24/7 instant publication on the internet does not make it fact or news. be curious, be respectful, be kind.

Original G October 7, 2018 at 8:37 PM

What’s next ? ? ?
So bused in screaming and yelling protestors didn’t work
Theatrics of Democrats on Judiciary committee failed, despite performances of Spartacus the grope and Kamala BINKY Harris.

How about we just shorten it to ” Binky Harris ”

Back to original question, What’s next ? ? ?
Perhaps as soon as tomorrow Democrats will begin a preplanned and coordinated hysterical campaign by politicians and their sycophant media, which is controlled by far too few for it to be any longer objective, will begin calling for additional justices on The Supreme Court.

Take note of certain word combinations and sentence patterns used ny them, as if they were contrived and choreographed then distributed by a central control.

As seen in candy isle of grocery stores or in Congress tantrums are tantrums. Only difference with progressive liberal politician’s tantrums they are given TV coverage.

Smith October 8, 2018 at 9:04 AM

If that was Christine Blasey Ford “new and improved” from years of expensive “therapy” for what she originally described anonymously as “groping,” you can pretty much figure most of us don’t need it.

Vice News claims the advocacy group UltraViolet, and others supported by George Soros, hired people to make “viral moments” to disrupt Kavanaugh’s hearings, specifically the elevator confrontation with Jeff Flake. Democratic “Theatre of the Absurd,” if you will, and we know how Democrats love drama.

Original G October 8, 2018 at 9:52 AM

Gubernatorial candidates of CA will debate tonight.
Has anyone seen a press release from Newsom regarding Kavanaugh goings on. Wondering what his perspective would be given his “experience”.

Why is it Democrat party of CA appears to have such LOW standards when it comes to morals ?

Smith October 8, 2018 at 12:42 PM

Pretty much think we won’t hear a “peep” out of Gavin Newsom when it comes to sexual misconduct.

Randy October 8, 2018 at 2:21 PM

trump leads the country in moral standards. Where he goes we go. It’s a good life for a man now.

Fred P. October 10, 2018 at 5:16 AM

C’mon, democrats…

If you really believe Kavanaugh lied, then it’s your responsibility to take Newsom to task FOR THE VERY SAME THING. Except Newsom waited until he was an adult…..

Failure to do so will only illustrate your hypocrisy.

We’re waiting…….

Still waiting….

Randy October 10, 2018 at 9:39 AM

Fred let’s start at the top and start with trump.

Smith October 8, 2018 at 12:47 PM

The spectacle that was the Brett Kavanaugh hearings, juxtaposed with that of Clarence Thomas, lay to rest the misconceived notion of “white privilege” once as for all.

Anonymous October 8, 2018 at 1:45 PM

Two Democrat articles of faith:

1.Kavanaugh was inappropriate in his testimony.

Well after hours of hostile questioning , I might do the same.

2. Kavanaugh lied.

Well , just because , he lied. Men lie about stuff.

I urge the gentle reader to review De Saulniers press release. Hope no one ever accuses him of sexual harrsssment , because well, men lie .

Original G October 8, 2018 at 4:52 PM

Incessant rants by nut job democrats along with biased leftist media coverage has evidently triggered yet another low intellect into action.

“A Rosemount special education teacher has been placed on paid administrative leave after posting a tweet Saturday that appeared to call for the killing of new U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.”

Again an evident lack of judgement by a person trusted around children.

What is it going to take for the left to once again become rational, calm, civil and again thoughtful of the consequences of their actions ?

Results of vile rhetoric,
“FBI: Gunman had list of six Congress members on him during baseball practice shooting”

“Members of Congress commit to civility after Alexandria shooting”

A year later,
“Maxine Waters encourages supporters to harass Trump administration officials”
“Maxine Waters: “God Is On Our Side,” If You See A Member Of Trump Cabinet, “Push Back” ”

Time to give Democrats a wake up call in November,
that their vile behaviour has no place in America and won’t be tolerated.

Original G October 8, 2018 at 6:36 PM

With less than 30 days before the November elections yet more evidence of incompetence of liberals running California.

“Layered on top of previous mistakes, California’s DMV finds an additional 1,500 people wrongly registered to vote under new system” …

“More than 23,000 Californians were registered to vote incorrectly by state DMV”

“One voter, two registration forms: Errors reported in rollout of California’s ‘motor voter’ system” …

“State elections officials said a software error affected some 77,000 voter records generated at the Department of Motor Vehicles over the past month.”

More examples of Democrats mismanaging this state.

Can election results in CA be trusted ? ? ? ?

Always Right October 8, 2018 at 8:01 PM

Another example of a dysfunctional state which can’t even count or register its own population accurately.

This is why we still need the electoral college based on a federal census. Can’t trust a state like California to accurately report election results.

Randy October 9, 2018 at 8:04 AM

Every citizen should be automatically registered at their 18th birthday.

Rollo Tomasi October 9, 2018 at 12:35 PM

Randy, you just perfectly illustrated the modern liberals’ understanding of personal liberty, except you left out the part about registering non-citizens. Congratulations.

HappyPappy October 9, 2018 at 12:52 PM

How long ’till you can register, randy?

HappyPappy October 9, 2018 at 9:37 AM

How does a plot to create a blue wave become an error? When you get caught, that’s when.

31 year CA resident Randall Marquis knew it was a mistake when he received a notice telling him he was just registered to vote. He has a state driver’s license, but is a citizen of Canada.
He has a green card and is married to a U.S. citizen, and was one of some 1,500 people, so far this month, who the DMV said Monday were wrongly registered to vote between late April and late September. Oh gee the DMV must have made a mistake. Mea Culpa! These “errors”, which included other non-citizens, are in addition to the roughly 23,000 registration “mistakes” disclosed by the DMV last month.
Blue wave my a$$!

Randy October 9, 2018 at 12:40 PM

Let’s hope his vote is the deciding one for the dems to take control of the House and Senate.

Rollo Tomasi October 9, 2018 at 2:27 PM

Could happen, Randy. And if so, you can say goodbye to free speech, due process and the presumption of innocence.

Original G October 9, 2018 at 3:33 PM

“you can say goodbye to free speech, due process and the presumption of innocence.”

Hmm, Like the last attorney general of CA when EXXON decided to stop giving money to the clinton foundation.

“Exxon Pulls Funding From Clinton Foundation; So Hillary Does THIS”

“Hillary Clinton Demands Probe of Exxon After Oil Giant Stops Funding Clinton Foundation”

“California Atty. Gen. Kamala D. Harris is investigating whether Exxon Mobil Corp. repeatedly lied to the public and its shareholders about the risk to its business from climate change — and whether such actions could amount to securities fraud and violations of environmental laws.”

HappyPappy October 9, 2018 at 10:51 PM

When comedian Ron White coined his now famous catch phrase he must have been talking about Randy.

Smith October 10, 2018 at 3:33 AM

Hold that thought, Randy. Conservatives are counting on liberal’s emotionally overwrought and overly confident frame of mind because it was so effective in getting Trump elected.

Randy October 10, 2018 at 3:06 PM

Ford is planning massive layoffs after losing 1 BILLION to trumps tariffs

Just in time for the midterm.

Do unemployed vote?

HappyPappy October 10, 2018 at 3:57 PM

More than a year ago Ford announced plans to reduce / halt production of it’s low selling cars and focus more on building their hot selling trucks. It has nothing to do with tariffs, not withstanding your left wing fake news.

Elwood October 10, 2018 at 4:03 PM

Randy, you are so full of it.

F was in difficulty long before any talk of raising tariffs, which now seems to have ended with adoption of USMCA.

Facts are completely irrelevant to someone like you with his own separate reality.

Randy October 10, 2018 at 4:31 PM

So wrong pappy. Stop watching fox entertainment

Randy October 10, 2018 at 4:39 PM

Hey I thought trump was going to save coal mining jobs. Westmoreland Coal Inc just filed for bankruptcy. Oldest coal company in the US. Fourth coal company since trump took office. Guess investing in coal is stupid.

Do unemployed coal miners vote?

Original G October 10, 2018 at 6:46 PM

After what obama and biden did to coal companies for eight years it’s a wonder more have not gone bankrupt. An obama did not come up with decimating the coal industry, biden has been anti coal for almost two decades.
2006 campaign stop in All American City, Maumee, Ohio

Randy if you had a knowledge of history you’d be embarrassed by what you post.

Elwood October 10, 2018 at 6:16 PM

One of your problems Randy is that you read The Fortune Magazine. I could write a better article than that left handed and drunk.

Randy October 10, 2018 at 6:40 PM

Facts are facts. If trumps policies were good Ford wouldn’t need to ask for a 25 BIILION restructuring plan. Maybe he could give them some tax breaks again.

Elwood October 10, 2018 at 10:55 PM

“Facts are facts.”

But you have your own unique facts Randy.

That’s what makes you the laughing stock of this forum.

Rollo Tomasi October 11, 2018 at 9:11 AM

Maybe Fortune magazine publishes a comic book version for a certain demographic…

Randy October 11, 2018 at 9:25 AM

Elwood your facts come from Hannity who flip flops every week. That’s why you’re so confused but understandable.

Original G October 10, 2018 at 6:38 PM

Dow Jones Industrial Average
-831.83 (-3.147%) 10/10/2018

Did President Trump make a mistake appointing Jerome Powell as Chairman of the Federal Reserve?
Would Neel Kashkari have been a much better choice ?

Randy October 11, 2018 at 11:40 AM

I’ll bet the TRILLION additional debt trump has added hasn’t helped eithrr.

Original G October 11, 2018 at 4:10 PM

Really, Randy ???

“… national debt under Obama will have grown by about $9 trillion, or an increase of 86%.”
Article published Jan. 20, 2017

Government said recession ended June of 2009 yet Federal Reserve was still pumping 85 Billion Dollars PER MONTH into obama’s WEAK economy to keep it going all the way thru 2013.

“Despite Obama’s 2009 pledge to “cut the deficit in half,” the result is that Obama increased the deficit by over $6 Trillion”

Love this video clip . . .
Too bad it didn’t come with a hip wader advisory, BS was DEEP.

Gosh he did so well as long as he had a written speech to read off his teleprompter. Still wonder how many Secret Service were tasked with making sure no one unplugged his teleprompter.

Randy October 11, 2018 at 5:52 PM

Well golly gee I guess it’s ok for trump to keep adding to it. Although he did say he would eliminate it. I do believe Obama was bailing out GW failed economic policies that resulted in the Great Recession. Sort of like FDR did when Hoover crash the economy. Just republican failure one after another. When will it end

Marianne October 11, 2018 at 6:06 PM

Such a crazy man. <3

1791 October 10, 2018 at 6:46 PM

Yes Joe, I agree. I’m in the group that believes something did take place in Ford’s distant past that caused her trauma. It’s unfortunate for her and anyone else whose been through similar trauma that it was brought to light by a politician in such a setting.

Hope Johnson October 10, 2018 at 9:33 PM

Thanks to POTUS for signing bills today so that insurance companies can no longer bar pharmacists from telling customers when it would actually be less expensive for them to pay out-of-pocket than to use their insurance plans. Something that helps consumers right away. We need all the help with lowering medical costs we can get.

Elwood October 10, 2018 at 10:58 PM

“Character matters.”

You are correct, Joe!

And you definitely are one.

Forsythe October 11, 2018 at 6:20 AM

For weeks, the major media aired and produced biased and fabricated stories about Justice Kavanaugh.

Ever since the Democrats lost the election, they have lost their sense of reason and fairness.

Hillary Clinton: Democrats “cannot be civil” as long as Republicans hold the White House and Congress.

Rollo Tomasi October 11, 2018 at 10:19 AM

@Joe:

Why would the President need correcting? As is his practice, he was simply mocking members of congress such as Schumer, Coons and Hirono, all of whom believe that crucial pillars of our society such as presumption of innocence, due process and burden of proof should be suspended at their convenience.
On a special (education) note, Senator Hirono said in an interview that she found Christine Ford credible because she disagrees with a lot of Kavanaugh’s judicial opinions. Got that? One individual is credible because Hirono disagrees with the other individual’s opinions on TOTALLY UNRELATED MATTERS! There’s some liberal logic for you…

Hope Johnson October 11, 2018 at 1:56 PM

POTUS must press Saudi Arabia on the disappearance of the Turkish journalist, including limiting or stopping weapons sales. He already looks the other way at Kim Jong-un’s human rights violations as they “fall in love.” Mr. Khashoggi was not only an investigative journalist but a permanent US citizen. There is no excuse for POTUS not to take immediate and serious action.

Original G October 11, 2018 at 6:18 PM

After years and years of teleprompter lectures in which he threatened business repeatedly for holding money on the sidelines, he never even managed a full year of GDP growth of 3% or greater. Last President to perform so badly was Herbert Hoover 1929 – 1933.

Atlanta FED GDP forecast: 4.2 percent — October 10, 2018

Reason business sat on their cash was obama knew nothing about either economics or business and business realized he could not be trusted. His administration spewed forth idea after idea with no follow up or follow thru.
Written by a democrat member of congress from CA,
“Dem lawmaker blasts ‘Professor Obama’ as arrogant, alienating”

There are two things business needs to risk capital and expand, political stability and regulatory certainty.
Neither of which existed during obama’s two terms in office.

JWB October 11, 2018 at 8:17 PM

OG

You are still not understanding the difference betweeen annual GDP growth and quarterly GDP growth.

Here is the CBO forcast and while it is projected to reach 3.1% for 2018 it will go well below 2% starting in 2020. And the CBO actually makes the point for Joe Friday.

“The pickup in growth is largely the result of increases in government spending, reductions in taxes, and faster growth in private investment.”

Original G October 11, 2018 at 9:17 PM

Threw in Quarterly on purpose !

If memory serves don’t four quarters make a year?

There are 12 Federal Reserve districts. Haven’t checked them all but believe Atlanta FED has highest quarterly GDP numbers while SF and NY have the crappiest. But given both areas have such a liberal socialist infestation in government that’s understandable.

Original G October 11, 2018 at 9:29 PM

National debt . . . . Let us compare what you say Trump has done to it, versus what obama did to it.

National debt during obama years grew by $9 trillion, that was an increase of about 86%. But to be fair to obama a small portion of that $9 trillion got started by Bush’s DUMB kid.

To have this good an economy, trade deals that benefit America instead of the mega rich one percent OWNERS of the democratic party calling the shots.

Rollo Tomasi October 11, 2018 at 9:42 PM

Sorry Joe. The president was just mocking the Dems and their abysmal understanding of the rule of law, nothing more. No correction necessary. By the standard of the Dems on the judiciary committee, he was proven innocent by his confirmation. That’s just how stupid they are.

JWB October 11, 2018 at 9:45 PM

—- so you just forgot that in Q2 14 real GDP growth was 5.1% or in Q3 14 it was 4.9%?

Atticus Thraxx October 11, 2018 at 9:55 PM

I’ll post this again. Spend some time staring at it. Hover your cursor over each data field and look for a quick description on top of page. Red numbers are bad, green numbers are good. Of particular note are Gross Debt to GDP Ratio and Spending to GDP Ratio. Those numbers are unsustainable and we have Congress to blame for not controlling it. We are going to crash. You can’t just print more money to correct it. Who to blame is going to become irrelevant when we do crash.

Silva October 11, 2018 at 10:36 PM

Damn.

Nunya October 12, 2018 at 4:22 PM

Damn folks what is going to take to see that Democrats don’t care about us?

Cell phones for the homeless?
Increased cost of gas?
Increased cost of vehicle license?
Public safety, really! Then why what until a natural or man made disaster to bill the Feds for work they should be doing, i.e. all the fires could have been less damaging if the state had cut back on thee dead trees and growth.
Bullet train to nowhere?

Well what will it take, ask yourself. Then sit and wait for the them to do it!!