Claycord – Talk About Whatever

September 7, 2018 17:40 pm · 103 comments

whatever

Happy Friday to all the wonderful citizens in the City of Claycord.

This is a post with no subject, you can talk about whatever you want. If breaking news happens (such a shooting, earthquake, etc.), or you hear about something newsworthy, feel free to post it here.

Please Note: Users who use multiple names will be deleted. Please choose a name so others can easily chat with you. Users must provide a name in the ‘name field’, please do not use the ‘@’ symbol in the name field.

J. September 7, 2018 at 5:42 PM

How about this temperature spike?

Nellie September 8, 2018 at 12:45 AM

Every September we get this like clockwork. Fall is coming!

Silva September 8, 2018 at 8:26 AM

It’s Indian Summertime..

Justifiable Languor September 8, 2018 at 10:51 AM

The only odd thing about this spike is that it seems to be the hottest temperature since June, or there abouts. Wasn’t there a 102 in the end of June?

The temperature this summer has been a lot like it was back in the 60’s. I LOVE it.

Silva September 12, 2018 at 12:28 PM

Justifiable Languor, I SO agree! This was the Summer I wasn’t going to miss Oakland’s air conditioning and whine and carry on and stay in front of the fan drinking mint juleps. It was going to be a true test to see if I could really stay out here. I was going to set my mind on “it’s not so bad, I can take it” like my mom always did, and function like a normal person. Lo and behold we had a Summer right out of the 1960s. It has been beautiful!!!

Justifiable Languor September 12, 2018 at 1:09 PM

The gods must be with you!

There are ways to live without AC. For instance, if you have a two story house, you could sleep down stairs. Put up fans, fill the tub with water (straight out of the cold tap) and dunk yourself at intervals. Close up the house in daytime, open at night. Visit the Library, mall, beach during the hottest hours. Oakland has very temperate weather. I loved working there!

Silva September 13, 2018 at 8:11 AM

Good tips,Justifiable Languor! I’ve been known to spray plant water in my face.😁 Since I’ve never had air conditioning I vowed to live without it. It helps me justify the cable bill and pricey food. It’s really fine with layers of curtains and sheers and in a couple windows they’re light blocking, and good insulation and double pane windows. It’s usually cool and comfortable inside until temps climb much over 105 degrees. In Oakland they rarely water the plants and they grow like crazy. The only ones I ever watered were the veggies, maybe a couple times a week. The soil is gorgeous, too. Black loam. You could never make bricks with it, like this stuff.

Justifiable Languor September 13, 2018 at 9:38 AM

Ewwww. Plant water. LOL. I thought of bricks too.

I will never forget my first attempt at planting a tree in my backyard. Used a breaker bar to chip out the appropriate large hole. My thought was, it looks like a clay pot without a hole. It was. The tree died of course.

The next 10 years were spent digging out and amending it with a variety of methods.

Antler September 13, 2018 at 4:14 PM

In 1960, we moved from Berkeley and bought our first home…. a spanking new 4 bdr. in Clayton Valley Highlands. The developers used dynamite to blast holes deep enough to plant their sidewalk-strip Sweet gum trees!
No air conditioning except for one swamp box on a roll-around cart.
116° in the dining area in mid-July!!!

Silva September 7, 2018 at 5:47 PM

First!!!

Cowellian September 7, 2018 at 5:48 PM

Cowellian’s First!
Y’all have a great weekend!

Antler September 7, 2018 at 9:10 PM

Thanks! You, too! Did you folks get much rain from the remnants of the tropical storm?

Cowellian September 8, 2018 at 7:54 AM

We missed the tropical storm. We do have showers in the weekend forecast, which will certainly turn into steam.

concord ygnacio September 7, 2018 at 5:50 PM

Hi, can someone help me? I cannot load claycord.com on my iPhone using Safari. This screenshot below is what I get. It says claycord has a DNS error?? It loads fine for me when I se my iPhone with the Chrome browser.

Kinsey Leaky September 7, 2018 at 10:38 PM

Well the problem is obvious… iPhone and Safari…lol

Captain Bebops September 8, 2018 at 9:21 AM

I checked on an iPhone here and it loads okay. Maybe you have an out of date link. Or maybe a setting on Safari that blocks sites without SSL. Trying doing a search on “claycord” and claycord.com will be at the top of the results. I do note that on Firefox (on Linux) there seems to be a script that doesn’t want to complete though it doesn’t hang the site. I don’t see this on Chrome.

Captain Bebops September 9, 2018 at 12:39 PM

On Linux i could track what was hanging and it is a couple of tracking apps that some of the advertisers here install. Linux won’t let these install so that’s why it hangs.

ACC September 7, 2018 at 6:00 PM

First?

Atticus Thraxx September 7, 2018 at 6:11 PM

Good morning!: https://i.imgur.com/3DCDPC9.gifv

It’s not stealing a cracker, it’s his cracker dammit: https://tinyurl.com/ya6zduak

Redneck science in full effect: https://tinyurl.com/ycjhzj8e

Keep watching: https://i.imgur.com/fZrZZcb.gifv

Failure is most certainly an option: https://tinyurl.com/yb5vruap

And I’d argue inevitable: https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/falsegroundedlamb

I could make the argument they both should be cited for littering: https://i.imgur.com/L60o4Vl.gifv

I have never seen this before: https://tinyurl.com/yaxhc6xu

Pretty much speaks for itself: https://i.redd.it/re0ornn6v9k11.gif

Luckiest woman alive: https://i.imgur.com/WH2RuQB.gifv

Doesn’t get more chill than that: https://tinyurl.com/ydz57pcr

So what exactly was she thinking?: https://tinyurl.com/ycht2fq6

Broncos fan. Figures: https://tinyurl.com/y82eqkne

A heartwarming break from the chaos of stupidity: https://tinyurl.com/yazn9ztw

I get the feeling he’s been waiting his whole life to do that: https://tinyurl.com/ydccmsqq

Interesting for about 4.3 seconds. Go ahead, time it: https://tinyurl.com/y7xcebm9

Want to hate someone? Here ya go: https://tinyurl.com/y8y3dcgm

I don’t know how many cops it would’ve took, but I know how many they sent: https://tinyurl.com/y6wbk9hc

A little street justice: https://tinyurl.com/y8a4cdvt

The most Australian picture I ever did lay eyes on: https://i.imgur.com/1SJKAIT.jpg

BART should have sleeper cars like this one: https://tinyurl.com/ydgjo4la

I didn’t want to end with violence and stupidity, here’s an ode to joy: An ode to joy: https://i.imgur.com/DiYqcOa.gifv

Sorry the list is short, been a brutal week. Catch up next Friday

Ancient Mariner September 7, 2018 at 8:32 PM

Thanks for the list, Atticus!
You’re really good to your acolytes.
But … but … there haven’t been any mysterious firearm identification pictures for a while and I don’t want to go stale. The last one was a chestnut! Give us something juicy! Something we’ll have to go to the books to figure out!

Roz September 7, 2018 at 9:24 PM

Atticus,…Thank You again, for making me giggle happy.
The Baby Hippo and both Puppies Videos were the best!

Atticus Thraxx September 8, 2018 at 7:37 AM

I agree most honorable Ancient One, but I’m sorta a the whim of the internet on that. But I bet I could dig a little deeper and find some neat stuff.
I’m glad Roz, I love a good giggle my own self and that hippo sure did it!

wave September 7, 2018 at 6:34 PM

Wave first??

Dorothy September 7, 2018 at 7:00 PM

Coming home from my brother’s place I saw something you seldom see anymore! Two kids playing outside, one on roller skates and the other on a non-motorized scooter. Good for them.

WC Resident September 7, 2018 at 9:46 PM

I saw many people, mostly women, on roller blades using the trails on Wednesday. On Thursday I passed by many, possibly over 100, children on bicycles, skates, and skateboards throughout the local trails.

Also on Thursday was a cluster of about ten gray haired ladies with huge cameras all clustered on the trail just north of where it crosses Geary Road. The object of their attention was a pair of river otter. One of them was lolling on its back on the canal bank eating a fish while the other either played or hunted in the water for more fish.

I met a young lady at Heather Farm Park who asked me to help her convince her boyfriend that we have river otters. He still looked doubtful. An older guy passing by called them seals.

The bullhead thorns are starting to break open leading to weaving on the trails as people try to avoid getting impaled.

FatLadySinging September 7, 2018 at 8:17 PM

What happened in North Concord last night? Was there an armed robbery? Where was the person that got robbed? Did they get hurt?

Shasta Daisy September 7, 2018 at 8:54 PM

Not sure why you are getting that error.
I am not having any trouble with Claycord using Safari.

Beautiful nite for stargazing.
Be happy. 😊
✌🏼✨

✌🏼✨

Lambie September 7, 2018 at 9:48 PM

I smell smoke, is there a fire 🔥 in the area?

Maria September 8, 2018 at 11:17 PM

Yes, there is a strong smoke smell off of Pine Hollow Road. any word of a fire in the area?

Lena September 9, 2018 at 6:17 PM

It was the 50 backyard resist grills firing up on a spare the air day.

Justifiable Languor September 12, 2018 at 10:47 AM

Those buttheads. I am so envious. I love charred food, burnt ends. The other half refuses to barbecue. He won’t even have a fire, camping or at home. Of course this also gives me holierthan thou status. But my desire for smokeycrunchy meat bits is completely stiffled!

WC Resident September 7, 2018 at 10:26 PM

@concord ygnacio – Are you still getting the error?

I could see someone getting that error if there was a temporary outage within Claycord’s hosting company. The error message you got shows that that the Safari web browser reached at least the hosting server for Claycord.

concord ygnacio September 8, 2018 at 7:21 AM

The problem seems to have resolved! Thanks everyone for your responses!

Silva September 8, 2018 at 8:32 AM

I’ve been wondering for a very long time what kind of fruit Juicyfruit gum tasted like. Eureka! I have found it. It tasted like Jackfruit! Another mystery of life finally resolved. Yippeeeee!!!

Silva September 8, 2018 at 11:17 AM

Oh, and I just figured out what’s been stinking up the refrigerator. for a couple days Jackfruit!!! We’ve been searching a couple days to no avail for whatever had gone off. Funny thing, it doesn’t stink when you smell it, handle it, cut it, or eat it, unlike Durian.😱

Anon September 8, 2018 at 12:14 PM

Why didn’t you do what everyone else does………

Call PG&E 🙁

Silva September 8, 2018 at 12:52 PM

Oh goodness! I just came inside after being out, and it’s not just the refrigerator anymore, it’s the whole house!!!😷

Anon, Haha!!😁

HappyPappy September 8, 2018 at 1:25 PM

KARMA perhaps? What evil deeds have you committed? 😉

Silva September 8, 2018 at 2:11 PM

Why, none! 😇 Never!!

Lena September 8, 2018 at 2:57 PM

@anon Who calls PGE because they have rotten fruit in their refridgerator?

foothillsguy September 8, 2018 at 3:31 PM

Silva – I had a terrible smell for days in my frig, I had bought a container of fresh blue cheese crumbles and the container lid was not on tight. After i found it I laughed.

Anon September 8, 2018 at 5:13 PM

Yeah Lena, it’s Ridiculous.
I’ve posted a list before of bogus calls that Must be responded to, but it always seems to get taken down.
Now you know another reason why your bill is so high.

Silva September 9, 2018 at 9:38 AM

foothillsguy, Yes! It’s good when you find no one lost a pair of socks in there.🤣

SF oh September 8, 2018 at 8:47 AM

People are so easily manipulated these days, it’s frightening. Apparently, Nike sales have gone up since the Kaepernick ads were unveiled. I guess this is the Bandwagon du Jour for our easily persuaded millennials to jump on. They’ve been programmed to think that wearing Nike is part of the resistance. Isn’t this group of consumers the same ones who regularly protest the 1% of people and corporations who control the country? Aren’t they usually protesting immigration laws, insisting that people should have the right to come to the US to be free from oppression? Aren’t they always complaining that their generation can’t afford housing, school, or whatever, because the wealthy people who run the US are shutting them out? Yet, it’s fine to drop $200+ on a pair of shoes to support a billion-dollar corporation and the, 1%-er, millionaires who run it. Not so worried about human rights when those people in sweat shops in Asia are cranking out those statement-making Nike’s, right? And, Kaepernick – King of the Social Justice Warriors – is so dedicated to his “cause” that he sold it to a corporation – knowing that these fools would fall right into the trap. All I’ve heard about with this ad campaign, is that sales have increased. Haven’t heard a word about money being donated to help Kap’s “cause”. Nike and Kap are laughing all the way to the bank on this one. Kap and Nike execs can just sit back and enjoy it – cuz they’re IN the highly-criticized 1% – and the easily-manipulated public is keeping them there.

Tsa September 8, 2018 at 10:23 AM

It appears that these people are part of the 20%ers, the stupid people of America. Unfortunately there isn’t any fix or cure for stupidity…

Anon September 8, 2018 at 1:26 PM

“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” William Casey, CIA

Shasta Daisy September 8, 2018 at 6:58 PM

Smiles, laughter, kindness, hugs and compassion…priceless.

✌🏼

long time resident September 9, 2018 at 11:11 AM

It is a beautiful Sunday morning and no NFL in my house!

SF oh September 9, 2018 at 11:33 AM

… and no tennis either !

Silva September 9, 2018 at 1:06 PM

Top 10 tennis tantrums of all time;

All these fellas are men, all are white. Just saying.

Silva September 9, 2018 at 1:17 PM

FULL TRANSCRIPT OF SERENA’S SENSATIONAL OUTBURST
This isn’t to say I approve or disapprove of the behavior, or whether or not she cheated. I’m not really a pro tennis (or football) fan. It does seem to me that there are different standards for men and women in play though. https://dailym.ai/2NwrAG2

“After being penalised for throwing her racket early in the second set:

‘This is unbelievable. Every team I play here I have problems.

‘I didn’t get coaching, I didn’t get coaching. I didn’t get coaching. You need to make an announcement that I didn’t get coaching. I don’t cheat, I didn’t get coaching. How can you say that?

‘You owe me an apology. You owe me an apology. I have never cheated in my life. I have a daughter and I stand for what is right for her and I’ve never cheated. You owe me an apology.

After being broken to trail 4-3 in the second set:

‘I never got coaching. I explained that to you and for you to attack my character then something is wrong. You’re attacking my character. Yes you are. You owe me an apology.

‘You will never, ever, ever be on another court of mine as long as you live. You are the liar. When are you going to give me my apology? You owe me an apology.

‘Say it, say you’re sorry. Then don’t talk to me, don’t talk to me. How dare you insinuate I was cheating? You stole a point from me. You’re a thief too.’

After being docked a game:

‘Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? Because I said you were a thief? You stole a point from me. I’m not a cheater. I told you to apologise to me. Excuse me I need the referee, I don’t agree with that.’

With tournament referees:

‘This is not right… [INAUDIBLE]… He said I was being coached but I was not being coached. That’s not right. You know me. You know my character. This is not fair. This has happened to me too many times. This is not fair. To lose a game for saying that is not fair. Do you know how many men do things that are much worse than that? This is not fair.

‘There are a lot of men out here that have said a lot of things and because they are a man it doesn’t matter. This is unbelievable. No I don’t know the risk because if I say a simple thing, a thief, because he stole a point from me.

‘There are men out here that do a lot worse and because I’m a woman you’re going to take this away from me. That is not right. And you know it and I know you can’t admit it, but I know you know that is not right. I know you can’t change it but I’m just saying that is not right.

‘I get the rules but I’m just saying it’s not right. It happens to me at this tournament every single year and it’s not fair. That’s all I have to say.’

Post-match press conference:

‘I can’t sit here and say I wouldn’t say he’s a thief, because I thought he took a game from me.

‘But I’ve seen other men call other umpires several things. I’m here fighting for women’s rights and for women’s equality and for all kinds of stuff. For me to say ‘thief’ and for him to take a game, it made me feel like it was a sexist remark. He’s never taken a game from a man because they said “thief”. It blows my mind.

‘I just feel like the fact that I have to go through this is just an example for the next person that has emotions, and that wants to express themselves, and wants to be a strong woman.

‘They’re going to be allowed to do that because of today. Maybe it didn’t work out for me, but it’s going to work out for the next person.'”

Atticus Thraxx September 9, 2018 at 2:50 PM

Would I be surprised women are held to a different standard than men or that race plays a part in how you’re treated in professional tennis? I would not. If she were my daughter though I’d tell her that lowering herself or engaging in behavior deemed unprofessional by any measures is not the way to equal treatment. Be undeniable both in skill and comportment. Set the standard and if you do lose, do it with grace and professionalism. Easy for me to say as a white guy, but I’m not wrong because I’m a white guy either.

Silva September 9, 2018 at 5:51 PM

Atticus Thraxx, Touché.

Lena September 9, 2018 at 8:22 PM

Too bad, so sad. Maybe Williams can join Kaepernik in exploiting their fans for Nike.

Officer Barbrady September 9, 2018 at 1:59 PM

I’m thinking Brother Thraxx May have an answer to this.

I try to enter brokerage account or bank account and they ask me questions like where was my first pets car married? I answer and they ask if I want t remember this computer. I check yes.

Next time we go through the same questions.

What difference does it make if I check the “remember this computer” box?

Atticus Thraxx September 9, 2018 at 2:28 PM

O.B. I’m humbled that you’d seek knowledge from me. Remember this computer allows the placement of a Load Shared Object, super cookie if you will. This file is accessed by the host site and ties that keyed object to that computer. Similar to a standard cookie but is available to all the browsers and is not cleared when you delete cookies manually or as part of the browser’s privacy settings. I think the one’s most sites use are maintained by the flash player.. So if you have flash player disabled ( in each browser you use) no LSO.
I will confirm this tomorrow with the cyber-security gurus and if I’m wrong I’ll come back and say so.

Mary Fouts September 9, 2018 at 4:24 PM

I’ll chime in since it’s been a few hours. Answer: It doesn’t over time. You likely have a dynamic IP address, which most devices use. The address changes over time, looking like a ‘new computer’ to online sites. That’s why your sign in is deemed to be from a new computer or device, even if it was not.

KAD September 9, 2018 at 6:32 PM

This is happening to me also. It turns out I had selected the option of asking the Bank to ask me security questions. A second level of security I guess.

Silva September 9, 2018 at 8:50 PM

I have trouble answering my security questions.

WC Resident September 9, 2018 at 11:44 PM

Once I provide the answer to a security question I then have never been asked the question. I believe they only ask them to file away in the dossiers that data collection companies are constructing about each of us.

From time to time when I sign into a site they will say they need to collect the data for future authentication. As I have kept track of both the question and the answer I will use the same fake data I gave them before.

For as long as there have been security questions I have been providing fake data. What’s my favorite teacher’s name? It’s ELcVP. If someone else asks me the same question it’ll be YGH6GA. I treat the answers the same as passwords meaning only whoever asked me the question, and me, should know the answer. If that vendor ever gets hacked, or chooses to partner with someone and to give that person all their data on me, then the resulting information is useless to whoever gets it. The technical term for this is “shared secret.” Only you and I know the answer is KM9LW5. There’s no reason for anyone else on the planet to know this. I tend to keep the answers short as they are stored on paper and typed in. I’m not going to type in s5!i}nbiF%o~oUjd:LNv. The reason for paper storage is to create an air gap between the Internet and my copy of the shared secrets.

I always answer “no” to “remember this computer?” If you answer “yes” then the bank will generate a random string, such as 2kDsjM48, and store it on your computer. The next time you access the bank’s web site it will ask your computer, “what was the random string I told you to store?” If the computer come back with 2kDsjM48 then the bank knows it’s your computer and will not hassle you with as many security questions. The reason I always say “no” is if a hacker where ever to break into my computer one of the first things they will look for and take is the storage area where that 2kDsjM48 was kept. That makes it much easier for a hacker to then sign into the bank’s web site while pretending they are me.

Kentucky Derby September 10, 2018 at 9:04 AM

Being cautious is a good thing. Being paranoid is chilling. Wow.

Lena September 10, 2018 at 4:53 PM

I agree with Walnut Creek resident. I believe someone somewhere is collectibg the answers to security questions for who knows what reason. I once read, in PC World I think, never to answer them truthfully for security reasons, so I don’t. It requires that you record somewhere the questions and answers, so I keep them with my passwords and other site information. My first pet has lots of different names and I drove a variety of models of first cars and some of the answers to the questions are just nothing but ridiculous, but totally untrue.

Atticus Thraxx September 10, 2018 at 5:12 PM

I was mostly right. Read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_shared_object

Officer Barbrady September 9, 2018 at 6:00 PM

Well I know two people a lot smarter than me. It’s a good thing I can remember my first car for the quiz , even though it was a pickup . I’m not very computer literate. Strike the very. Only good thing is I’ll soon be rich from a long lost cousin I just heard from. Lives in Nigeria of all places! We are going to split an inheritance , as soon as I can send him the proper transfer fees!

Atticus Thraxx September 9, 2018 at 6:35 PM

Wow O.B. ! I think we are related! I too have been contacted by a Nigerian cousin I didn’t know I had. Not to worry though, I already sent him money to help. I’ve been monitoring my email to see how it all worked out. Strange I haven’t heard back from him, us being family and all. Probably not very good internet there. Good news is I’ll see you at the family reunion!

Officer Barbrady September 9, 2018 at 8:49 PM

Thraxx

Doubtful we will have a reunion . My relative is a full blooded Prince. He does not meet with commoners. Already made that clear. In fact he is publicity shy and I’ve already written too much.

Lena September 10, 2018 at 12:00 AM

I believe it was Silva that said Lady Dianna Spencer’s brother was a “ginger” when I suggested Harry’s father was not Prince Phillip but her riding instructor.

Silva September 10, 2018 at 10:08 AM

Good one, Lena! Prince Charles is Harry’s father. He’s finally starting to look like him too. Diana Spencer’s father was also a ginger, as is her brother and she has a sister who looks a lot like Harry. Diana’s ancesters

Lrna September 11, 2018 at 7:27 AM

You’re right, not Phillip, but Charles. My mistake. But, I don’t think Harry looks at all like Charles. Charles has a perpetually distraught look on his face, even in the best of times, and that worry can occasionally be seen on William’s face, as well as the receding hairline. Harry, on the other hand, always looks happy and has a pleasant look … like his mother … and the riding instructor. Besides that, Harry still has a good head of hair.

Jojo Potato September 10, 2018 at 9:50 AM

Regarding your device IP address. If you are using a service like Comcast or ATT or Astound for your internet then you get your IP address from your service company (aka provider). It’s been my experience that this very rarely changes. You can go to whatsmyip.com to display your address. Try it out. I needed to change mine one time and I had to power down the box and remove the internal battery then let it sit for a quite a while. When I powered it up I had a new address. This was because Google had marked my address as being a bad guy and had restricted my access to certain of their products. I’ve wondered what happened to the customer who got my old address. Regards.

Kentucky Derby September 10, 2018 at 4:34 PM

You can change your IP address by unplugging the modem for a few minutes.

WC Resident September 10, 2018 at 8:23 PM

@Kentucky Derby – your info about “You can change your IP address by unplugging the modem for a few minutes” is outdated.

I have AT&T U-verse and have had the same IP address since February 2017 when the service was installed. It has persisted though power outages, resetting the router/modem to factory defaults, firmware updates, etc. Under “Diagnostics” my router/modem has “Reset IP” which is labeled “Refreshes the Broadband IP Address.” I get the same address back. There does not seem to be an option to change the device’s MAC addresses which likely would allow me to get a new IP address.

I suspect the same is true for Comcast/Xfinity and Wave/Astound service though Jojo either was able to change his address or Google’s ban of his address was temporary. Jojo, the Google bans usually only last a couple of minutes.

While Jojo mentions removing the battery I don’t think my router has one. It has an option for a battery to allow phone service to be usable during a power outages. I don’t use u-verse’s phone service and so never got a battery. Modern persistent storage uses flash chips, much like USB flash drives. They don’t need a battery.

Before I had U-verse I used AT&T DSL. Changing the IP address was very easy. I did not even need to reset or reboot the modem.

Kentucky Derby September 10, 2018 at 10:17 PM

WC Resident – I need more details so I can research this thoroughly. Thank you.

WC Resident September 11, 2018 at 1:16 AM

@Kentucky Derby – I’m not sure what you are looking for in terms of “more info.” If it’s from me, I have an AT&T provided Pace 5268AC residential gateway. On the broadband side it gets its address via DHCP. This dslreports thread has people saying you can’t change the address other than maybe AT&T customer support can do something.

I suspect if I replaced the 5268AC with a router that allows me to change the MAC address that I could use that feature to get a new IP address when desired.

Kentucky Derby September 11, 2018 at 10:19 AM

WC Resident – I was teasing you, but thanks for the info. You’re a very smart man, and I’ve always admired intellect.

Jojo Potato September 11, 2018 at 11:02 AM

dslreports? Haven’t look there since I actually had a real ISDN line. Integrated Service you Don’t Need as they say. LOL

Silva September 10, 2018 at 10:18 AM

Oh no! Premature. Then there’s this this guy (and lots of other rusty gingers on Diana’s side); http://www.thepeerage.com/e6360.htm Lots of Brits don’t like redheads, and it doesn’t matter how good looking the individual is. I was surprised to learn that, and I don’t get it..

Atticus Thraxx September 10, 2018 at 5:15 PM
Dr. Jellyfinger September 10, 2018 at 8:28 PM

Dang! There’s more than a few jokes there that even I would be embarrassed to tell… that’s some brutal, obscene, humor on that list…. I LOVED IT!

Silva September 10, 2018 at 8:47 PM

I’m dying here!!

Antler September 11, 2018 at 6:41 AM

Silva, isn’t it because the whole ginger thing says there is Scottish blood in there somewhere …. and on back to the wars between the countries (both religious and secular)…. nowadays, animosity due to “way back when”?
Mayor, that’s my one wild guess for today, I promise!

Silva September 11, 2018 at 8:07 AM

Antler, well that makes some sense.

Pat September 10, 2018 at 11:31 PM

Dear Sears (Sun Valley Mall) and Concord PD.
I hope you caught the white trash SOB (and his female get-a-way driver) who stole from the store this afternoon. As HE escaped from the physical confrontation with the Loss Prevention employee his LOSER girlfriend (or wife) drove up to save him in her compact grey or silver car. She then pulled a fking gun on the LP employee who did the best he could to confine the male thief. I’ll be appalled if Sears doesn’t have good quality cameras to record instances such as today’s. Please post what you (Sears and CPD)’ve found in the video surveillance so We The People can help locate these 2 dangerous individuals. I’m tired of this sh*t happening everywhere I go.
Just recently when I visited CVS on Ygnacio Valley Blvd a white trash female with a huge purse full of stolen merchandise and a stolen gift bag full of the same walked right out of the store, the alarm when off and no one did a damn thing to stop her. Sick of this!

KAD September 11, 2018 at 7:23 PM

Anyone with a Samsung S8 phone that can tell me how to delete applications?

Silva September 13, 2018 at 6:48 PM

KAD, If you’re still looking for that answer, I have the Samsung S7, and I can go to the Play Store and type in the name of the app I don’t want and touch the uninstall button.

KAD September 14, 2018 at 12:02 AM

Silva, Yes, I was still waiting for an answer. Thank you so much for your response.

THE BLACK KNIGHT September 11, 2018 at 8:42 PM

Silva,

I wanted to tell you that poster “Bill Cutting” also told me “to go take a rudimentary civics class at DVC,” along with his other insults. That’s his standard childish answer when he disagrees with someone and can’t just make a counterpoint to what some else has posted.

Silva September 12, 2018 at 12:31 PM

LOL!! That’s amazing especially in your case.😉

Dr. Jellyfinger September 12, 2018 at 10:24 PM

Heap big accident on east side of Kirker Pass Rd.
Traffic was stopped eastbound … westbound was moving ok.

Lena September 12, 2018 at 11:12 PM

“Heap big accident?” Sounds bad!

Jojo Potato September 13, 2018 at 8:32 AM

Re: security questions. One thing you can do is always answer like “answer1”, “answer2”, etc no matter what the actual question. Easy to remember if you follow this pattern for all your accounts. Doesn’t work for sites that make you pick one of their choices however. Big dummies!

Anonymous September 13, 2018 at 1:51 PM

How does everybody feel about the current model where the county fire department sub contracts to an ambulance company for transports to the hospital? Con fire pays Amr to keep ambulances on the road. Recently, AMR has been browning out 3-4 units a day because the fire department won’t pay for the the extra 300 hours to keep the staffing levels adequate? I understand that AMR can’t just shell out units for free but I feel as though the fire department has a responsibility to its tax paying citizens to keep the ambulances fully staffed.

Loveshergrandkids September 14, 2018 at 11:25 AM

My sister had to wait 25 minutes for an ambulance last week after she fell and broke her hip. The paramedic told her that were two ambulances that day in concord.

Antler September 13, 2018 at 4:08 PM

ALERT!!!
Need a hit squad to disappear the “unbelievably small company which is destroying the $93 million industry in Concord” ……..
and Pleasant Hill, and Walnut Creek, and Savannah, and……
Gahhhhhhhhhkkkk!!!

Atticus Thraxx September 13, 2018 at 4:57 PM

I’m game. One question…will I have to commit a felony of any kind? Not a deal breaker for the right cause, but I’d like to line up legal representation beforehand. 😉

Antler September 14, 2018 at 9:01 AM

I am in error…. it’s a $93 BILLION industry!!!
That could make all the difference, Space Cadet Atticus, in how much bail we might have to post. Are your invisible flying cats still operational? And if so, will Travis Air Base tower still monitor them and scramble fighters to provide cover as necessary?

Atticus Thraxx September 14, 2018 at 11:19 AM

Our fighter wing is grounded until Flight leader cat is replaced. She passed Friday last in her favorite chair and was interred, tearfully on my part, under her favorite Japanese Maple. Not an easy task considering the roots. Had to dig around them.
Space Cadet Atticus stands by to bring the fight to the enemy absent air cover. Needs must and all that!

Silva September 14, 2018 at 12:44 PM

Aw. I’m sorry, Atticus Thraxx. It’s tough. Our little gal passed a couple months ago at the age of 23. I wish she’d decided to just let go in her favorite chair. She wouldn’t. Had to take her in. We still have plenty of reinforcements though.

Kentucky Derby September 14, 2018 at 1:00 PM

Atticus… So sorry to hear about your kitty. You’re a great “cat dad.” Remember the good times.

Cowellian September 14, 2018 at 1:53 PM

I’m sorry, Atticus and Silva. Pets are family, and losing them brings grief. We lost our first Boston Terror in Concord, and we marked the spot where we buried her ashes with a bird bath.

KAD September 14, 2018 at 3:31 PM

So sorry for your loss Atticus and Silva – Our pets are part of our family and it hurts to let them go.

Kentucky Derby September 14, 2018 at 1:03 PM

Silva… So sorry to hear about you “little gal.” Losing a pet is so hard… they’re part of our families. 23 years is a long life. You’re a good cat mom too.

Atticus Thraxx September 14, 2018 at 1:38 PM

Wow! Twenty three years and still wouldn’t let go. Tough being.
It’s painful. We gave her a good life and she returned it in kind. Sadness.