Farm Bureau Market In Concord, Open During Outside Construction

August 15, 2018 14:00 pm · 12 comments

Our friends at Farm Bureau Market at 1701 Farm Bureau Rd. in Concord want to let everyone know they’re still open during the construction that’s happening outside the store.

The City of Concord is working on the roadway, and only one lane of Farm Bureau Rd. is open. Because of that, many people either take an alternate route or think the market is closed.

Our friend Vinod Kumar is the owner, and he would love it if you came by and supported a local small business since this construction is keeping a lot of people away.

You need a Coke, right now!

eric August 15, 2018 at 2:23 PM

Sorry that the construction is hurting business! I’ll come support you !

Lindsey August 15, 2018 at 3:48 PM

Support these guys!!! I live right across street luckily I can just walk, but yes everyone who can, buy something from boss please!!

Fred August 15, 2018 at 4:31 PM

I’ve been around Concord for over 50 years and that store has been around even longer, still I don’t think I’ve ever been in it.

Chicken Little August 15, 2018 at 4:59 PM

Didn’t that place get an unwanted drive-thru a few years ago? Or am I thinking of someplace else?

Simonpure August 16, 2018 at 6:52 AM

They sure did. They had their propane container broken into as well.

keath woods August 15, 2018 at 5:11 PM

The city should compensate him for lost money while they are working on the street

keath woods August 15, 2018 at 5:12 PM

the city should compensate him for his losses during construction but I will come buy and help out

ConcordKate August 16, 2018 at 4:49 PM

I agree. A couple of days ago the intersection of Walnut & Farm Bureau was completely shut down. I live down the street from this market and it is our neighborhood go-to place for lottery tickets, small grocery items and treats. The owner is super nice and has been dealt some tough blows over the last year or so – stolen ATM machine, Stolen propane tanks and most recently I believe there was an armed robbery. There is no easy access in or out of the market’s tiny parking lot. Yeah, it’s a pain for me to get out of my driveway and bump along on the road under construction. But it’s not impacting my income. Please make an effort to support this store during the construction on Farm Bureau Road.

MEV August 15, 2018 at 5:54 PM

That construction is a pain; what are they doing. I got caught in a bunch of gravel with no signs the other night; it was horrible.

MEV August 15, 2018 at 5:55 PM

They used to have good sandwiches in there. I used to eat there often in the 80’s and 90’s and then it changed hands.

Dr. Jellyfinger August 15, 2018 at 8:42 PM

No problemo! I’ll just park right over…………… where?

Susie August 16, 2018 at 7:58 PM

This market has been there forever. Now that they are fixing the roadway through there maybe it’s time the owner fix up the market. They need to do a major overhaul on the inside of the market. It’s not real clean and you don’t want to buy anything other than beer and soda. We buy all our lotto tickets there and the owner is a very nice. I hope someone wins big there sometime so they get some money to fix the place up.