“10 Questions” On Claycord – Aquarian Era New Age Shop On Main St. In Concord

August 15, 2018 16:00 pm · 17 comments

“10 Questions” is a feature on Claycord.com to help you get to know the locally owned businesses around central Contra Costa County.

We’ll ask the business owner 10 questions about their business (and a few other things), and they’ll give us their best answers.

All answers will be unedited, and you don’t have to be an advertiser on Claycord.com to participate.

The only requirement is that the owner of the business lives locally, and the business must be in Concord, Clayton, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek, Martinez or Pacheco.

If you’d like you and your business to be featured in this column, please email news@claycord.com with the name of your business and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Our first locally owned business to be featured is the Aquarian Era New Age Shop in Concord, which is located on Main St. (off Clayton Rd. near Concord BART).

Business Name: Aquarian Era New Age Shop
Owner’s Name: Melvin Thompson
Business Location: 2803 Main Ave. Suite A Concord, CA 94519
Business Hours: Tuesday – Saturday: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Sunday: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., Closed on Monday
Business Phone Number: 925-270-3175
Website: www.aquarianerastore.com

1.Tell us about your business in five sentences or lessWe sell items ranging from handmade decor, fossils, statues, large and small precious stones, minerals, beads, sage bundles, incense, scented oils, seasonal items, decor accessories & much more. We create a welcoming environment. We want you to feel the energy. Our job is to inspire, enlighten, & educate consumers.

2. How long has your business been open? Since 04/22/2018

3. What is the thing you like most about your business? Working with crystals is truly a passion of mine, It brings me such joy when I see the happiness in others after they come to learn about or buy crystals from me.

4. How many hours per week do you dedicate to your business? 50-60 hrs.

5. What keeps you passionate about your business? I love being able to help others, educating them and also spiritually guiding them when needed.

6. What experience did you have before opening, and how far have you traveled to get items for your business? I have been sharing crystals with others, even selling at flea markets since about 2014. I took a 13 hour trip all the way to Tucson, Arizona where I actually purchased some of my largest crystals.

7. What’s your favorite item in your store, and why is it your favorite? My citrine cathedral, it’s very unique and has calcite points sticking out of it.

8. What makes your business unique? I have a very large array of crystals, and have metaphysical items as well.

9. Besides your business, what is your other favorite local business? I would have to say I really like Half-Priced priced book store.

10. When was the last time you took a vacation, and where did you go? Feb. 2018, I went to the Rock & Gem show in Tucson AZ.

Thanks to Melvin with Aquarian Era New Age Shop on Main St. in Concord for taking part in “10 Questions”.

Please click on the pictures shown above for a larger view.

anonamiss August 15, 2018 at 4:06 PM

Looks like a fun store to explore. I will have to check it out. Welcome to Concord and I wish you much success!!!

Atticus Thraxx August 15, 2018 at 4:39 PM

Pretty cool feature. Not sure what future crystal needs I may have, they could solve but I’m glad they exist. Plus I’m an Aquarius, so I got that going for me. 😉

It's Me August 15, 2018 at 5:12 PM

So nice to have a crystal shop like this in the area. I so miss the one that used to be in Walnut Creek before it was bought out.
I cannot wait to check this space out.

concord ygnacio August 15, 2018 at 5:25 PM

Nice new feature to claycord.com!

Justyfiable Languor August 15, 2018 at 6:12 PM

This store made the hot and new list on Yelp.

Great! August 15, 2018 at 6:32 PM

This is great for local businesses. Didn’t Claycord do a “10 Questions” with Henley’s Antiques on Clayton Road one time? Nice to see this back.

Roz August 15, 2018 at 7:05 PM

I was in the area on Monday and saw this shop!
Note to self,…open everyday, but not on Monday,…LOL!
I will be there soon to check it out.

Happy squash August 15, 2018 at 7:25 PM

I like this feature & enjoy learning about businesses in town. Didn’t even know about this place! I will go check it out.

NinjaNurse August 15, 2018 at 8:21 PM

Love this new feature! I’ve never heard of this store either, I didn’t even know there was a Main St. in Concord. Will have to stop by!

Wanda August 15, 2018 at 8:39 PM

I love stones and minerals, will visit with my son.

Henley's Antiques August 16, 2018 at 10:57 AM

We were the first ones featured! Glad to see you brought this back, Mayor.

whome August 16, 2018 at 1:16 PM

Claycord; excellent feature!

Cool shop, I’ll have to check it out. Been hearing much about crystals recently – I need to learn more.

Silva August 16, 2018 at 5:41 PM

I love pretty rocks.

Arthur August 16, 2018 at 9:12 PM

Should that be Main Street, or Main Avenue?

Wslnut Creekian August 17, 2018 at 12:28 AM

Will be checking this store out this weekend!

Awesome feature!

Concord Mom August 17, 2018 at 7:04 AM

What a great feature to Claycord!

I’m looking forward to visiting the shop. I hope it does well.

Melvin August 18, 2018 at 9:34 PM