Contra Costa Event Park Cancels Upcoming XO Music Festival

July 11, 2018 9:32 am · 24 comments

The Contra Costa Event Park just announced the cancellation of the upcoming XO Music Festival, which was to feature acts such as Ludacris, T.I., Vanilla Ice, Mac Mall, Fabolous and many more.

The following announcement is from the Contra Costa Event Park:

Due to the promoters lack of fulfilling contractual obligations between the Contra Costa Event Park and World Class Entertainment, Event Park Management in the best interest and safety of our facility, event attendees and the City of Antioch have no choice but to cancel the XO Music Festival scheduled to take place at the Event Park July 12 – 15, 2018.

All refund inquiries should be directed to the event promoter: World Class Entertainment, Inc. 39962 Cedar Blvd. #279, Newark, CA 94560, Attn: Sami Habib, sams@xoxomusicfestival.com or info@xoxomusicfestival.com.

RELATED STORY FROM KPIX (below):

KinseyLeaky July 11, 2018 at 9:42 AM

No loss at all…

Lo July 11, 2018 at 9:42 AM

Guarantee if you bought tickets to this you are also sharing from “Tyler Perry” and “Kevin Hart” facebook pages expecting to get a stack of 100’s in the mail. Or a new car for retweeting from “Oprah!”

Too bad… this festival could have been Fyre….

AO July 11, 2018 at 9:47 AM

I see what you did there. 😉

Lo July 11, 2018 at 10:08 AM

Sometimes I just have no control of what comes out of my mouth…. or my keyboard LMAO

G. July 11, 2018 at 2:18 PM

Yeah… maybe I missed the joke. Where was the funny part?

Lo July 11, 2018 at 3:07 PM

Google the Fyre Festival.

donk July 11, 2018 at 3:12 PM

honestly the city of Antioch should take a ton of blame as well,, how in gods name did you give the ok for this advertisement? you guys really thought these crooks were bringing Carmen Electra and the Jersey Shore people??? LMAO!!! stay classy Yock

OHnO July 11, 2018 at 9:43 AM

I knew this was a scam – not that I was dying to see any of the artists lined up. The advertising looked fake, I was surprised to hear it was actually going to happen..Oh wait

Anon July 11, 2018 at 9:49 AM

Oh my.. how disappointing! Not.

lolXO July 11, 2018 at 10:05 AM

And for refunds, contact the guy who got arrested for fraud. Good luck!

CCC_N8ive July 11, 2018 at 10:30 AM

Doesn’t a big venue like this require deposits, insurance certificates, completion bonds, traffic control plans, security plans, health & safety plans, detailed general event plans, background checks and any number of other documents that prove a certain level of legitimacy BEFORE they book it for a major event?

You can’t even rent a post office box without proving identity.

Perhaps questioning these guys too much might have been considered…

Oh, never mind….

Bob July 11, 2018 at 2:04 PM

You can vote

whatever July 11, 2018 at 10:37 AM

interesting that the guy on the video doesn’t want to comment on the scammers “you know out here on the streets we’re not supposed to comment on stuff like that..”

There you go, he knows they are dangerous thugs and is in self preservation mode.

Making Afghans Look Bad July 11, 2018 at 10:50 AM

Jesus, another one making Afghans look bad. We do not accept these people as Afghans.

But honestly, who would buy tickets to an event that stole clips off every other music festival, could not confirm legit that people were performing. The only one that tweeted about this was Russell Peters, and I don’t know why someone would want to see him DJ.

Xoxo July 11, 2018 at 11:12 AM

S H Y S T E R S

Lena July 11, 2018 at 11:26 AM

Excellent decision by Contra Costa Event Park considering the circumstances … not that any of it will be missed.

Crabby Carol July 11, 2018 at 12:34 PM

Concerts are now not only unsafe, but scams as well? As I wake up abruptly to a scam phone call.

Mika July 11, 2018 at 1:20 PM

Hope they have metal detectors there. .

Xoxo July 11, 2018 at 1:26 PM

A message to Bully Wiz, (featured in the first video) ;
Fire, water, LED walls, foamy models, the last time concert promoters tried this they were convicted of fraud. Now you look Dope-ie

DONK July 11, 2018 at 3:09 PM

common sense classes now available free of charge to ticket holders!!! LOLOLOLOL the amount of idiocracy in this world today is unbelievable. COME ON PEOPLE!! You really thought this was going down?? those hosts!!? lmao!!

Atticus Thraxx July 11, 2018 at 4:41 PM

Vanilla Ice? I thought he was dead. Are you sure? I’m pretty sure he died. I’d google it, but why?

Abbie R. July 11, 2018 at 9:14 PM

In 2006 I attended a Brawl Wrestling event at the Fairgrounds, That same night there was a Hip Hop Concert being held on the property,,,,The Security Guy were not prejudiced…I got hand searched and metal detected just like the Hip Hop Crowd.

El Monte's Son July 12, 2018 at 1:55 PM

This is a bummer scam. That line up was unbelievable too …..”seriously was now” I was planning on going, good thing I never bought a ticket. But even if they did manage to get all of those acts, there is not enough room at the fairgrounds to accommodate all the people that would attend. I am guessing the majority was waiting to buy the ticket at the last minute, even though they were pricy

Mich July 13, 2018 at 11:13 AM

Didn’t it say something about the members from jersey shore too? What would they possibly come to Antioch for? These guys have had a reputation for scamming. I feel sorry for anyone who trusted it.