Walnut Creek Woman Accused Of Abandoning 6-Year-Old Son At L.A. Train Station

July 10, 2018 10:00 am · 22 comments

PO'd July 10, 2018 at 10:35 AM

I hope to hell she is going away for a long time, and hopefully, someone will adopt the boy.

Hottie July 10, 2018 at 10:36 AM

Boil her!

Lo July 10, 2018 at 11:16 AM

Her Facebook is still up and public. This took place on July 4th, I’m not sure what time she “wandered away,” but definitely is heart breaking whether this was before or after the incident. I hope she gets the help she needs and that her son gets the interventions in his life that he needs as well. So sad when someone can’t offer their children the help they need to be secure and successful in life 🙁

Dava Webster is feeling frustrated.
July 4 at 4:38 PM ·
So for the past 2 or 3 days I’ve had several breakdowns, feeling extremely overwhelmed with the issue I have regarding my son and I current situation. Today, I can honestly say, that I love myself more than I ever have and I hope that one day things get better for my son and I. I cry, I pray and I hope that ppl change.

Laniece July 10, 2018 at 3:33 PM

Thank you Lo. Dava and her son our my younger cousins. She has been facing mental health challenges for over a few months now, and we have been trying to get her some help. I thabk you for your compassion for her, as there is more to this than others know. Her son is ok and safe, and we are praying and doing all we can to get her some help

Lo July 10, 2018 at 3:59 PM

My heart goes out to you and the family. <3

Original G July 10, 2018 at 6:03 PM

They look at your emails and all of your social media posts for a chance to target you and SHOVE ADVERTISING at you. And can focus on “key” words when it comes to “national security”.

But “they” are apparently totally heartless when it comes to persons posting about severe emotional problems and crisis situations.

Evidently if they can’t make a BUCK of what is posted they DO NOT CARE.

To be so uncaring . . . . . wonder what St. Peter will have to say ?

jules July 10, 2018 at 11:52 AM

Thank you for posting that, Lo. It’s important for us to understand the desperation that may have caused this woman- our neighbor- to move to such drastic measures.I too, hope that she gets the help she and her son need.If we can get more info. perhaps our community can come together to offer some help.

Laniece July 10, 2018 at 3:28 PM

Thank you Jules, for your concern and compassion for Dava Webster, who is my younger cousin. People may assume what they want, but i will say that her son is safe and ok, and that we are trying to get her the help that she desperately needs!

PO'd July 10, 2018 at 12:01 PM

Obviously there is mental illness running through this story. She is playing the victim card when she says she hopes that people change. WTF is that?

Really sad for the boy

Nellie July 10, 2018 at 12:52 PM

After initial suspicion that the boy, who appeared to be otherwise healthy but did not respond to communication, might be deaf, officers met with a sign-language interpreter. When the interpreter’s efforts went ignored, officers began to suspect the boy might be autistic.

Police shared an image of the boy on social-media and other notification channels in hopes that someone might recognize him.

A day later, after initial placement with county child services, one of the boy’s relatives contacted police and made arrangements to take custody.

America July 10, 2018 at 2:49 PM

She doesn’t deserve to be called a mother. Let her rot!

Darwin July 10, 2018 at 3:22 PM

The sad thing is her son will eventually returned to her, parental rights. I’ve seen a lot worse done to a child and that child was later “reunited” with the parent.

Laniece July 10, 2018 at 3:34 PM

Jessica July 13, 2018 at 10:32 PM

Does she have a lawyer? I have some information that could help her.
Thanks!

So Sad July 10, 2018 at 3:35 PM

Three thoughts:
(1) There’s no excuse for abandoning a child at a train station rather than asking for help.
(2) We as a society need to do a better job of helping people who are overwhelmed with children with special needs. When a parent or parents try to say, “I can’t do it anymore”, they often find little help or they’re threatened with criminal charges of abandonment.
(3) There’s no excuse for not figuring out what’s causing autism. We need to remove the restraints on researchers and encourage them to research all possible causes rather than just the politically correct possibilities.

Atticus Thraxx July 10, 2018 at 4:54 PM

Probably not the time nor the place for a BLM crack. I’ll keep my mouth shut.

Concord Resident July 10, 2018 at 7:03 PM

When my son was much younger (3-5 years) he had behavioral issues that led to him be kicked out of 7 daycares and placed in a therapy based school 3 months into kindergarten. I was a single parent working full time with very little support, emotional & otherwise.
There were times that life had just handed me too much & I felt like I wasn’t able to offer my son the things he needed…I felt like I couldn’t be the parent my son needed. I seriously considered allowing a friend or family member to adopt my son. I was so tired, so frustrated, so angry with myself for not being able to make ends meet, being angry and embarrassed with myself because I had no patience for my son & he deserved a parent with the patience of a saint.
My point is that these feelings are hard to fight & when people are so worn out from trying to keep their head above the surface emotionally, financially, ect they can make rash decisions.
I’m not saying what she did was right. I’m just saying, as the parent of a special needs kid, I sympathize, I’ll never forget how overwhelmed & lost I felt. I hope that they both get the help and resources they need to improve the situation like we did ❤️

Jessica July 11, 2018 at 9:38 PM

Absolutely agree. People who have been lucky to have produced children that function well sure do have a lot to say about things of which they know very little.

Compassion is key and people still insist that negative reinforcement and cruelty is the answer.

aw July 11, 2018 at 9:52 PM

You fought and pushed on; she just sniveled and took the easy way out. BIG DIFFERENCE! I hope she gets both her kids taken away. She isn’t a fit mother.

Lena July 11, 2018 at 8:32 AM

“The sins of the father are visited upon the child.” Let’s put the blame where it belongs.

aw July 11, 2018 at 3:52 PM

Feel sorry for both kids. If she has mental health issues and family really wants to help, they should be taking care of her kids ASAP! She must not be doing too badly; she’s living in Walnut Creek and has money for a train ride to LA.

Jessica July 13, 2018 at 10:30 PM

Laniece,
Does Dana have a lawyer? I have some information to help her but don’t know how to go about reaching her lawyer!
Thanks!