STOLEN: DeLorean, Truck, Trailer Stolen From Martinez Marina

May 23, 2018 11:30 am · 30 comments

Claycordians, keep your eyes out for this stolen DeLorean.

Here’s a message from the owner:

“STOLEN!!! My 1981 DeLorean was on a Uhaul auto trailer being towed by my F250. I had parked the truck overnight at an RV lot in the Martinez Marina. Both were stolen and both have Nevada plates. Any info will help!”

If you see it, call police or send us an email to news@claycord.com.

Life, liberty and property May 23, 2018 at 11:37 AM

Were there any flaming tire tracks at the scene?

Concord Jack May 23, 2018 at 11:38 AM

Great Scott!

rage May 23, 2018 at 11:51 AM

Last spotted going 87 mph on Highway 4….

martinezmike May 23, 2018 at 11:59 AM

Did it have “Mr. Fusion” or the old style flux capacitor?

Girl w/ dogs May 23, 2018 at 12:01 PM

I’m blaming the victim here, you know you always disable your truck and trailer to thieves when you park anything remotely cool!

Baloo May 23, 2018 at 3:21 PM

Yeah, I bet today he is wishing he could go back in time and do just that.

Seriously though, I hope he gets his stuff back.

JRJones May 24, 2018 at 7:08 AM

That’s like blaming the victim of a drive- by shooting for being outside when they got shot; like blaming the child who gets hit by a car while in a crosswalk, just because he skipped school that day.

Maybe the owner could have taken extra precautions than he did. But excuse me … HIS property waded illegally taken! Should the writer of the above have to have surveillance installed at their home, bars in ALL their windows, and guards patrolling their property, all to keep burglars from breaking into their home? Right is right, wrong is wrong.

William Sanseverino May 25, 2018 at 4:24 AM

Can you please explain how you disable a truck and trailer? My enclosed car trailer was securely locked and in a supposed secure storage facility when it was stolen several weeks ago here in Las Vegas. It will more than likely never be found. I hardly think it was my fault as I did everything I was told to do by several reputable local trailer dealers.

Nutcreek Frontier May 23, 2018 at 12:03 PM

I always feel bad for out of towners not used to California’s complete disregard for law and order. In Nevada, you can probably can leave an expensive car overnight unattended, without it getting stolen. We should probably have a sign at our border stating, “California where laws are optional”

Miller May 23, 2018 at 12:42 PM

Nevada is worse than California for violent crime and property crime, but I see why you had to lie there. You would’ve looked pretty silly using the correct stats and making that claim.

Fill Werrel May 23, 2018 at 12:07 PM

Great Scott, did Biff stole it and took the Sports Almanac back in the 50’s?!

Simonpure May 23, 2018 at 12:22 PM

I all seriousness…I hope you get your vehicles back and in good condition. Folks wouldn’t think it’s so funny if it were theirs.

JL May 23, 2018 at 12:23 PM

Has anyone questioned Biff yet?

1.21 GIGAWATTS May 23, 2018 at 12:31 PM

@martinezmike

*puts on nerd specs*

Actually, the Flux Capacitor was required for the time circuits to function and was installed in every configuration of the DeLorean time machine. Mr. Fusion was used to replace the original plutonium chamber that acted as the power source for most of the first film outside of the 1955->1985 trip, which was lightning-powered.

*takes off nerd specs*

Feel free to deliver my wedgie and shove me into a locker at your convenience.

Mike May 23, 2018 at 5:16 PM

We can’t forget that the internal combustion engine was still used to power the car up to 88 mph in order for Mr. Fusion to power the time circuits and active the fluc capacitor.

whatever May 23, 2018 at 12:41 PM

Seems like a difficult thing to hide or sell.

Where's Einstein May 23, 2018 at 1:12 PM

Was Einstein the dog also in the car?

ANON May 23, 2018 at 2:26 PM

The bad guy, when caught, will get a PROP 47 sentence..
thanks liberals

Silva May 23, 2018 at 2:38 PM

Boy, does that ever suck.

Consumer B May 23, 2018 at 3:23 PM

Sorry for your loss. Hope it’s returned. Bad and evil are always on duty.

Anon May 23, 2018 at 4:22 PM

Friends high value car was stolen recently and they found it out in Antioch. Talk to Martinez PD and get them in contact with Walnut Creek PD. It’s worth a shot, but there’s probably no link.

JUAN ALCANTARA May 23, 2018 at 5:02 PM

I hope they find you truck and car buddy

long time resident May 23, 2018 at 9:32 PM

Welcome to Martinez.

DD May 24, 2018 at 7:18 AM

The 80’s called, they want their DeLorean back.

Anon May 24, 2018 at 8:00 AM

He should have looked at Claycord before parking then he would have known there is a major problem with homeless and drugs at the Martinez Marina.

Johnny Ringo May 24, 2018 at 8:17 AM

Had to be Tranks, Lobos, and, Zipheads.

Marty May 24, 2018 at 1:41 PM

Today I attended a Time Travel convention, tomorrow.

William Sanseverino May 25, 2018 at 4:13 AM

Okay people…none of the BTTF comments are funny. My enclosed car trailer was stolen from a supposed secure storage facility in Las Vegas several weeks ago. Not much has been done by the authorities at this juncture to find it. Everything was locked as it should have been as far as I was instructed by several reputable trailer dealers. To the victim here, I sincerely hope everything is found soon and not damaged.

space cadet May 25, 2018 at 11:30 AM

One would think that with all the cameras that are plastered on just about every other light standard, there would be some recording somewhere of which way the thieves departed with the booty.
“One would think”………..maybe most of these cams are not working? There are probably several thousand cameras just in COCO alone……

LIvesForSale May 25, 2018 at 1:14 PM

99-06 f250 can be stolen with a flat-head screw-driver and nothing else… lock it all you want, they just pop the door handle off and they are in…plenty of guys demonstrating it on youtube.

A well hidden battery disconnect is the best way to keep your truck from driving itself away…if they can’t get it started they will bail… your Delorean was likely stolen because it was less conspicuous to drive the truck out of there with the trailer attached than to spend any effort trying to disconnect it until they are somewhere hidden…

Unfortunately your truck either has a fake VIN on it now, or it was chopped that night for its 7.3L diesel engine and the rest was either ditched or scrapped.

Hope you had good insurance coverage on your $50k worth of vehicles.