Firefighters Extinguish Blaze Inside Walnut Creek Safeway

May 18, 2018 22:35 pm · 5 comments

Firefighters extinguished a two-alarm blaze inside Safeway on S. Broadway in Walnut Creek on Friday Night around 8:30 p.m.

The blaze started in an oven. The store was evacuated, and no injuries were reported.

Citizen May 19, 2018 at 7:25 AM

My store!! I hope there was not too much damage!

411 May 19, 2018 at 1:52 PM

The fire was in the deep fryer. CCFD did an amazing job in their response time, and it didn’t destroy much more than the fryer and ovens next to it. The store is open and ready for your business, less the full service deli counter until cleanup is complete and health department signs off. All product affected by the fire and extinguishing process has been removed and disposed of. Very slight lingering smell, which should dissipate with cleaning and a little time.

All told, could have been a whole lot worse.

Thanks again to CCFD, you guys literally saved our bacon, and all the other product too.

Citizen May 20, 2018 at 1:49 PM

Yes great job. I shop there a bunch and would be sad if I weren’t able to go there!

12GAUGE May 20, 2018 at 10:36 PM

Maybe this will encourage them to finally rehab this store cuz it takes the longest time to check out of this spot

Pete Bennett May 20, 2018 at 10:51 PM

I will get pictures of the damage

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: