Woman Robbed At Gunpoint By Teenage Suspect On Willow Pass Rd. In Concord

May 15, 2018 12:32 pm · 26 comments

A woman was robbed of her purse at gunpoint just before 12:30 p.m. today on Willow Pass Rd. at Saint Phillip Ct. in Concord, according to police.

The suspect is described as a black male teenager wearing an oversized black jacket. He was the passenger in an older model gold Toyota Corolla with a broken windshield.

No injuries were reported.

Original G May 15, 2018 at 12:43 PM

SOFT on crime CA.

Mike Wiliams May 15, 2018 at 8:41 PM

Plus Hillary wasn’t born in the United States.

Law Dog May 15, 2018 at 12:54 PM

Next stop the Burg.

Mr White May 15, 2018 at 12:57 PM

Oh wow , my stereo type lives on. WAKE UP!

Bad Nombre May 15, 2018 at 2:41 PM

My Marantz type stereo bit the dust. Glad that you have a type that lives on.

NuMerica May 15, 2018 at 12:57 PM

he must’ve needed money to repair his windshield. Cracked windshields get you a ticket.

Smart Guy May 15, 2018 at 1:31 PM

Where in Concord is it safe from crime?

Bay Area Native May 15, 2018 at 3:20 PM

At the Police station…

Diamond May 15, 2018 at 5:48 PM

New Hampshire

Roz May 15, 2018 at 1:46 PM

Well, tomorrow morning, I was planning to drop off my car at my auto service shop and walk home, down Willow Pass, just for a bit of exercise. Humm,..Those guys might be hanging around near that mobile park area.
I guess I’ll have the guy at the shop drive me home instead.

Silva May 15, 2018 at 5:33 PM

Good thinking.

TIFOKCIS May 15, 2018 at 1:49 PM

Concord was a much better place to live when you couldn’t drive 2 blocks with a cracked windshield, you’d be pulled over, ran for warrants and issued a fix-it ticket. Maybe they’d find an active arrest warrant, drunken or doped up drivers or just a plain jerk with a chip on their shoulder and ‘make their day’.

I see one violator after another on the roads these days.

Broken tail light lenses, burned out head & tail light bulbs, cracked windshields, bald tires, missing bumpers, etc are all signs of drug use, don’t give a **** and or plain irresponsibility.

Perhaps the “I don’t give a ****” is not breaking the law, but do you really care to trust your safety and your family’s safety with a vehicle operator that doesn’t give a ****? A nice wake up call via a traffic citation might bring them back toward reality.

Had the punk’s car been stopped and that traffic stop record CPD might then know who they are. Oh yeah that would be profiling.

Law Dog May 15, 2018 at 2:49 PM

I agree with you We have people in my neighborhood that have paper plates on their cars for years. And what about loud pipes on cars and bikes? In the old days they would pull you over and give you the once over. I guess those days are gone forever.

Lambie May 15, 2018 at 2:59 PM

Sometimes you don’t know you have burned out head & tail light bulbs. You can’t see them when you are in your car 😉

biggus thinkus May 15, 2018 at 3:15 PM

hate to tell you but unless i’m “plain irresponsible” there is another item called Working my A$$ Off and not making enough money to pay the $300 for a windshield. i’m not a user, i do happen to give a ****, maybe i’m just not financially able to drop that kind of cash.

That Guy May 15, 2018 at 5:06 PM

@ Law Dog

I’ve had loud cars for the last 25 years and have only been pulled over 1 time because of that. I was also driving normally when it happened. The car that happened in was a Fox body Mustang with no cats and dumped Borla bullet mufflers (exited right out of the “muffler”, no tail pipes). It was ridiculously loud. No ticket either, just a warning to put the cats back on it.

The same cop busted a buddy of mine that also had a Mustang. The cop must have been having a bad day because he gave him a ticket for running a similar exhaust setup.

Always Right May 16, 2018 at 6:24 AM

CPD focuses zero energy on minor violations, which is a major mistake.

We need a police chief who takes all crime seriously, and expects officers to do several pro-active stops each shift.

Big C May 15, 2018 at 1:51 PM

I was wondering why I saw all them cops right next to that Court gathered up by those mobile homes. I saw them putting her in the back seat. Not cuffing or anything like that probably taking her to be a witness.

Always Right May 15, 2018 at 1:52 PM

Concord needs cameras, especially at our city entrances and exits and major arterials like Willow Pass Road.

We are spending big bucks for police body cams. Can we get some cameras to point at the criminals driving and biking around town?

Covfee May 15, 2018 at 2:39 PM

Why not take that further to put cameras on all intersections and public areas within the city? Only at the entrances doesn’t help when the criminals are already inside the city.

Oracle May 15, 2018 at 4:19 PM

Sorry excuse for a human being. That poor woman. That would be terrifying.

Jeff May 15, 2018 at 5:22 PM

108RS is 10-8

Celtgrl May 15, 2018 at 5:44 PM

I had a similar experience several years ago, I had just left off a rental car at Enterprise on Concord Ave. when a 15 year old black male from Richmond decided to pull out a 9 mm for the $100 kept in the safe. Luckily he and his homey were caught immediately after. How did they get away driving with a cracked windshield, I got pulled over the one time I didn’t use my blinker to change lanes.

Lambie May 15, 2018 at 10:52 PM

That must have been scary

Notyouraverage May 15, 2018 at 10:53 PM

So scary there’s like a bunch of schools around .is so near of landana.

Evergreen May 16, 2018 at 9:41 AM

I feel sorry for the woman who had to have this horrible experience. However, I’m not surprised.