The Concord Police Weekly Burglary Report – 48 Burglaries Between April 12 – April 18

April 22, 2018 13:00 pm · 34 comments

This is the Concord Police weekly burglary report. Please click on the image for a much larger view.

The last two numbers in some of the addresses have been deleted to help protect the victims.

According to the Concord Police, the report shown above only includes approved reports. Some burglary reports might not be written or completely approved, which is why they are not included in this post.

Sick of it April 22, 2018 at 1:09 PM

Summer is starting and look at the rise in car break ins. And those are only the ones reported. Catch and release brought to you by the Democratic Party of California. Remember that next election.

Badge1104 April 22, 2018 at 2:19 PM

Holy smokes! This must be an all time record! You’re so right in what you said I just wondered does it have to get 10 times worse before your average citizen wakes up and throws these politicians out of office? Or are they so hung up on transgender bathrooms and all the other liberal flashpoints that they don’t care about anything else?

NorwichFan April 22, 2018 at 2:17 PM

Okay, this is just crazy!

Anonymous April 22, 2018 at 2:34 PM

If I were our Chief , who makes 97% of the salary of LAPDs Chief , I would be out looking for car burglars.

Really now April 22, 2018 at 4:02 PM

Math is not your strong suit, is it? It’s more like 76% of Charlie Beck’s salary.

ZZ April 22, 2018 at 3:04 PM

I guess we should all leave our doors unlocked and go back to putting a club on the steering wheel. This is just ridiculous!

Simonpure April 23, 2018 at 10:57 AM

Don’t bother with the club. They just cut through the steering wheel now days.

foothillsguy April 22, 2018 at 3:48 PM

WOW !

RANDOM TASK April 22, 2018 at 3:56 PM

WOW SO CRIME IS DOWN YEAH RIGHT

48 is inexcusable

The city council needs to be fired

Old Guy April 22, 2018 at 4:04 PM

Getting the club doesn’t work. A vehicle was stolen from our complex that had a club attached. Another vehicle, locked and alarmed, Was broken into. We need more cops visible on the street and stronger laws and jail time to rid Concord of these low life scum bags.

Chicken Little April 22, 2018 at 5:09 PM

Would you give it a rest, already? Your self-righteous pontificating got old a long time ago.

Captain Obvious April 22, 2018 at 5:18 PM

Can’t they shut down the homeless camps in that area? It’s kind of obvious where the problem is coming from. Hello CPD?

Wrigleygum April 22, 2018 at 5:27 PM

Victims of car buglaries are victims because for the most part they are stupid leaving things in sight for the thief to steal.
Pretty much there is your reason for being a auto buglary victim.
Yes I blame the victim 100%, not the laws, cops or politicians.

Nature Rules! April 22, 2018 at 8:43 PM

Not necessarily. I was victimized because the jerk thought he could use the trunk lever to look in there, but I keep it locked. He then stole 3 unique cloth grocery bags worth $12. I see the bags anywhere around town, I’m on trial for homicide!

Sick of it April 22, 2018 at 8:45 PM

You have no clue do you. They will break in just to release the trunk to see if any thing is in there. Nothing has to be showing at all to have a car broken into. What’s the risk in breaking a window to see if anything is hidden in the car. No crime basically if caught since there is no reprocussion to there actions. With you guys it’s never the crooks fault it’s always the victim that’s at fault. Wake up it just isn’t right and it’s ridiculous that we even remotely put up with it

Taggit April 23, 2018 at 12:56 PM

@Wrigleygum That is simply not true. My car was broken into with the radio already stolen and wires only sticking out of the hole.

Ricardoh April 22, 2018 at 5:36 PM

What is the punishment for breaking into a car if you ever really screw up and get caught. Five years on a chain gang would work for me.

ZZ April 22, 2018 at 7:15 PM

I have had my car broken into 3 times and I’ve never had anything visible or in the trunk. It’s not always the victims fault.

Wrigleygum April 22, 2018 at 8:01 PM

A thief won’t break into a car unless he sees something in it to steal. You think a thief just breaks into a car hoping he’s going to find something hidden when another car 10 feet away has something in view instead?

Nature Rules! April 22, 2018 at 8:44 PM

Wrigley is wrong. Sometimes they want to look in the trunk by using the inside trunk lever. Keep it locked and don’t keep anything in there, just in case they decide to punch the lock.

Taggit April 23, 2018 at 9:44 AM

You’re better off anymore in driving a junker.

SP67 April 24, 2018 at 8:49 AM

Wrigleygum lets see what you have to say when you become a victim. What a jackass. Just because there is something visible does not give some low life the right to take it. I had my car taken from in front of my house by some drug addicted low life. He totalled the car running from the police. After a plea bargain he was back on the street after less tan 90 days in county (time served) and no restitution. I guess I am at fault for leaving my car parked on the street in front of my house.

Nunya April 22, 2018 at 7:33 PM

Didn’t a post recently say that vehicle crime was going down?

Slappy April 22, 2018 at 10:38 PM

Yeeeeeeeeeeuuup

Gargoyle April 22, 2018 at 8:09 PM

No doubt this is grossly under reported. In the last 20 years my vehicles have been broken into twice and I did not bother to report either. Main reason is I didn’t want to get into the circus ring with police for windows broke and some 2-bit items taken. The cops would do nothing more than waste my time when I had little enough to spare due to fixing the windows and dealing with insurance. Insurance does not need a police report for glass replacement.
Police reports of auto break-ins are for people who need proof of their victimhood for their ‘friends’ and drama freaks. Not for those who just want to get on with life, try to do better next time and move on. Unless you stupidly left something so valuable that the earth will spin in the other direction if you don’t get it back. In which case shop E-Bay, NextDoor, etc.

Concord Mike April 22, 2018 at 9:43 PM

If you don’t report crime the police will have no way to know this is an area or a problem they need to pay attention to.

You are right about the outcome in your case…. nobody will be caught. however the more reports the more likely resources will be deployed in the future.

RANDOM TASK April 22, 2018 at 10:02 PM

YAY THE DEMS SHOWED UP TO BLAME THE VICITMS OF CRIMES

WHEN IT WAS THE DEMS WHO VOTED TO UNLEASH CRIME ON ALL OF US

THE DEMS WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT POLICE AND FIRE FIGHTERS PENSIONS AND THE UNSERMOUNTING COST

YET THE DEMS INSISIT ON USING TAX MONEY TO SUPPORT ILLEGALS
BILLIONS OF DOLLARS THROWN AWAY …well they get votes for doing it right

Now the dems are unleashing criminals on us …insurance rates are risIng oh and insurance companies are huge donators to dem campaigns hmmmmm

So we the victims are blamed for living our lives and contltributing to commerce oh and having stuff for people to steal ….nice huh got to love dem mentality or lack there of

Original G April 22, 2018 at 10:40 PM

On page 14 of the 2015 – 2016 San Francisco Civil Grand Jury report on auto burglary in SF they suggest prosecution using Federal Law to help reduce vehicle break ins.

Federal prosecution the report says,
“… has the potential to result in significant federal prison sentences.”

CA voters approved Three Strikes because they wanted less crime.

When will voters say ENOUGH and start voting out of office progressive liberal soft on crime democrats who gave us AB-109 and Prop 47 to name a few ? ? ?

ONIWY April 23, 2018 at 9:29 AM

Thank you for posting that link. So much of what’s been discovered in SF is likely true for all of our areas. They’ve realized the effects this will have on commerce. Their plans for addressing the problem may make a big difference.

Taggit April 23, 2018 at 6:14 PM

Does the City Council address this problem … ever? Are they aware of it? What do they have to say about it? Seems like they should be very vocal about not permitting crime in Concord. It’s not acceptable. I’m not going to spend money in Concord if my car will be at risk of being burglarized. I’ll spend my money somewhere else. It’s not worth the aggravation, the inconvenience, dealing with the insurance company, the expense, time lost from work, loss of the vehicle while repairs are made, and the time lost getting the repairs made. There is an emotional and psychological toll as well that may surface years later.

Moon Dog April 23, 2018 at 2:25 AM

My cousin is a Herion addict and has been arrested 3 times in Concord for Auto burglary and has allways been site released from the Concord Police station .. never been to Jail for it. .. Wtf is wrong with our system ? Jerry Brown time to step down !!!

Anonymous April 23, 2018 at 7:08 AM

@Really now.

I see I upset you with my comparison of Concords Chief salary, to LAs . You complained math isn’t my strong suit.

Here are the numbers from Transparent California :

Chief of Police -Concord CA $356,000
Chief of Police- Los Angeles $372,000

Close enough for government work . But you go ahead and be offended . I would really like to know who you are.

klaus April 23, 2018 at 11:57 AM

Its why I moved to Idaho. I lived in Concord for 31 years.

Taggit April 23, 2018 at 12:57 PM

This is why you can’t have nice things.