Claycord – Talk About Whatever

April 20, 2018 16:19 pm · 116 comments

whatever

Happy Friday to all the wonderful citizens in the City of Claycord.

This is a post with no subject, you can talk about whatever you want. If breaking news happens (such a shooting, earthquake, etc.), or you hear about something newsworthy, feel free to post it here.

Please Note: Users who use multiple names will be deleted. Please choose a name so others can easily chat with you. Users must provide a name in the ‘name field’, please do not use the ‘@’ symbol in the name field.

Mrs. Z April 20, 2018 at 4:27 PM

First?

Mimi (original) April 20, 2018 at 4:37 PM

Second!

SF oh April 20, 2018 at 4:38 PM

Went to Concord BART today. Four teens jumped over the entrance turnstile – right in front of me and about 15 other people. They weren’t the least bit nervous or apprehensive about doing it – just jumped the gate and went in. No BART employees anywhere. It would be an easy fix to build a barrier that they couldn’t jump over. Sooooo sick of this stuff!

Anon April 20, 2018 at 7:21 PM

I was riding BART last month and two black men got on my car at the first Oakland stop. After the doors closed they turned on a large portable CD player and started break dancing down the isle. Then they asked each rider for money. They got a good haul and got off at the next Oakland stop. Nobody did anything because we were all scared. I told the lady in the BART booth when I got off and she said it happens all the time. Too bad there weren’t any cops or military on that car. I won’t ride BART again. It’s not safe!

Ricardoh April 20, 2018 at 7:24 PM

This is partially BARTS fault for not stopping it. The kids should be caught and made to appear before a judge with their parents and their parents fined a few hundred.

Taggit April 20, 2018 at 8:54 PM

Right! You’re held hostage to their “performance” whether you like it or not and then you get the shake down for money afterwards for something you abhor. It’s wrong. If they want to perform on the sidewalk outside stations, fine, but taxpayers and riders who pay through the nose for “The BART Experience” shouldn’t have to put up with this display of self-centered youth who were undisciplined in the home. It’s common courtesy. Rap music is abominable, offensive, and insulting to an entire segment of the population. I refuse to shop in a store that plays it, and I refuse to listen to it while riding BART. Next time this happens, I’m going to get off the train at the next stop even if it makes me late. If the whole car got up and left, maybe they’d get the message. We should not have to put up with this.

Taggit April 20, 2018 at 9:01 PM

As far as the “gate crashers” are concerned, we all end up paying for these sleezebags with increased taxes and rate hikes, because BART has to cover the lost fares somehow. Either we ALL ride free, or NOBODY does.

THE ANIMAL April 20, 2018 at 4:48 PM

Happy 4:20 everyone………………………….

Old Guss April 20, 2018 at 4:54 PM

“The doors are closing….please stand away from the doors” A message we hear over and over and over on BART yet nobody listens or even cares when they end up jamming up the doors trying to squeeze their 250 lb frames into a tiny space. Then you inconvienence everyone and end up looking like a fool.

Perhaps i should be the one designated person to kick these people and prevent them from boarding in the first place.

Anon April 20, 2018 at 7:24 PM

Please read my post in response to “SF oh”.

Kirkwood April 20, 2018 at 4:56 PM

Today I saw the eBART train going westbound near Pittsburg. Is that extension running now? Are there ticket machines at the Antioch end?

Dorothy April 20, 2018 at 6:26 PM

I think they are still “testing.” Maybe open next month.

Silva April 20, 2018 at 5:11 PM

Wow! Early today! First.

Elaine Leon April 20, 2018 at 5:13 PM

HAPPY 4:20 TO ALL
BE SAFE

Scoob April 20, 2018 at 5:15 PM

Please don’t litter!

Anonymous April 20, 2018 at 5:18 PM

The two guys arrested in Starbucks were asked to leave because they were taking up a table and buying nothng. They wanted to use the bathroom and were told it is for customers. They refused to leave. Cops were called and they still refused to leave, so they got arrested . Happens all the time . But this time they were black and the media acted like this was on a par with Rosa Parks arrest.

That story got about 100 times more attention then the two cops in Florida who were in a coffee shop and murdered.

Keep all three barrels up April 20, 2018 at 6:50 PM

You’re exactly right. It’s a shame they focus on the race crap, and not how 2 heroes lost their lives just trying to have lunch. The world is so screwed up.

Ricardoh April 20, 2018 at 7:25 PM

Amen

Taggit April 20, 2018 at 8:42 PM

I second that!

Marie April 20, 2018 at 10:49 PM

Both of the cases are horrible, I am appalled by both. It is okay to be angry about what happened to the men in Starbucks and the cops that were killed in Florida. To say one story doesn’t deserve attention identifies the real problem here.

SF oh April 21, 2018 at 10:43 AM

This whole Starbucks thing is ridiculous. We always hear, “see something – say something”.. but when this manager spoke up about something unusual, she was fired. Most businesses post signs that say the restrooms are for customers only — most people acknowledge the signs and make a purchase or “go” elsewhere. Starbucks is in business to make money – what’s wrong with the manager expecting people to spend money in the store? There’s got to be more to this story, but the PC grandstanding has taken over and it’s is getting nauseating. So now we can expect to go into Starbucks and find homeless people hanging around – no purchase necessary – and no one can say a word? Why should I pay for internet service? I’ll just go to Starbucks and sit there to watch tv or send emails. I always thought the CEO of Starbucks was a pretty cool guy – but he totally overreacted on this and may have set a bad precedent.

AlwaysBePositive April 23, 2018 at 3:16 PM

One fact that is being left out of all of this, the men were waiting to meet someone at that Starbucks. That person showed up while the police were there, and they still arrested them. Does Starbucks ask everyone to buy something when they enter?

Rollo Tomasi April 23, 2018 at 6:01 PM

Not sure which version of the story you’ve been watching, but that fact has been included in every version I’ve seen.

Rollo Tomasi April 23, 2018 at 6:02 PM

This is funny as hell. Fun with SJWs.

Silva April 20, 2018 at 5:27 PM

Solo guitar Extender Purple Rain

Atticus Thraxx April 20, 2018 at 7:38 PM

Now that was cool! Dang he could play.

Really ??? April 20, 2018 at 10:36 PM

It will be 2 years tomorrow since his death. RIP Prince. 💜

Dr Jellyfinger April 21, 2018 at 12:51 AM

Prince…. what if Michael Jackson and Little Richard had a baby…. Prince!

(and don’t think it couldn’t happen!).

ConcordKate April 21, 2018 at 11:23 PM

He was a genius. RIP Prince. Opiates take all.

AlwaysBePositive April 23, 2018 at 3:18 PM

ck…looks like the symbol thought he was taking Vicodin, but that the Vicodin was laced with Fentanyl.

Use herbs, not pharma…

Shasta Daisy April 20, 2018 at 5:34 PM

✌🏼

Cowellian April 20, 2018 at 6:24 PM

Cowellian’s First!

Mrs. Cowellian and I drove up to Paducah today, for their quilt show. This year, they had a special Van Gogh quilt exhibit. Shasta, I’ll bet you can guess my favorite.

Silva April 20, 2018 at 6:58 PM

Cowellian, that sounds wonderful! I can.

ClayDen April 20, 2018 at 9:54 PM

Cowellian: My wife is a quilter, so when we drove from Asheville NC to Iowa a couple of years ago, we spent the night in Paducah so she could go to the National Quilt Museum. She ended up spending way too much time in the world’s largest (?) fabric store there and never made it to the museum. We had lunch at one of the funkiest restaurants we’ve eaten in, Flamingo Row. Good food and totally unexpected in Paducah. We had dinner in Nashville the previous evening on our way to Paducah. It was a great road trip that started with a flight to Charleston SC.

Justifiable Languor April 21, 2018 at 9:23 AM

Oh gosh I can tiptoe through a fabric store all day long!

Cowellian April 21, 2018 at 10:11 AM

ClayDen,
Hancock’s of Paducah is one of my wife’s favorite quilt shops. It’s also my least favorite. They bring people in by the busload, and yesterday, it was so packed, it was impossible to move around. The indoor bathrooms are designated for women, and guys have to use the port-a-potties out in the gravel parking lot.

The National Quilt Museum is kinda cool. My wife examines each quilt and comments on the stitching, texture, and all the other features. I’m like “gee, that’s a pretty quilt.”

Shasta Daisy April 21, 2018 at 10:55 AM

@Cowellian…
Starry Nite✨💫
Speaking of stars, Leonid meteor showers going on right now.

✌🏼

You remember I lived in Paducah for two long years?

Cowellian April 21, 2018 at 11:18 AM

Paducah isn’t bad in small doses. One of the prizes being offered at the Spring quilt show was a trip to the Fall quilt show in Paducah, including airfare, hotel, and tickets to the show. I didn’t even know they had an airport.

We like stopping at Patti’s 1880 settlement on the way home. They have an awesome 2″ pork chop. Unfortunately, they are still closed down due to their fire a few months ago.

Shoulda Coulda April 21, 2018 at 11:55 AM

Did the Van Gogh quilt have one of its corners
cut off?

Shasta Daisy April 21, 2018 at 12:06 PM

Unless the airport in Paducah has changed, I wouldn’t recommend using it.
I left there in 2001, progress is “slow” ….

✌🏼

Dorothy April 20, 2018 at 6:34 PM

Here I am with another book report. Part 2 of Herman Wouk’s WW II tale called War and Remembrance, 1978. While the first one sets the story this one tells it from 3 points of view. I still think that the pair is one of the better WW II stories. Keeping them together since I might read them again someday.

DAS April 20, 2018 at 6:57 PM

I saw a US Vet today, 56th division. Made me happy, and made me think. In about 10-15 years there will be very few to almost none around. This reminds me, that we should all give them extra love and attention. It will be rare and something you will not be able to do soon.

KAD April 20, 2018 at 7:05 PM

So who was LAST? Was it me?

Atticus Thraxx April 20, 2018 at 7:29 PM

The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner:
From my mother’s sleep I fell into the State,
And I hunched in its belly till my wet fur froze.
Six miles from earth, loosed from its dream of life,
I woke to black flak and the nightmare fighters.
When I died they washed me out of the turret with a hose.

Uplifting, ain’t it?

As far as I’m concerned, a bullet in the ear would be too kind: https://gfycat.com/ShimmeringParchedFairybluebird

Science, not science fiction: https://i.imgur.com/T9MNhpR.gifv

250 lbs of instinctual murder: https://i.redd.it/dg70wdnqphq01.jpg

1927 California tourist map: https://tinyurl.com/y8zj8c2w

“Good afternoon, my name is karma”: http://i.imgur.com/c9TvLas.gif

Only ’cause I think highly of ya, but don’t tell anyone else; https://i.imgur.com/YJqK7GH.gifv

Insist on this. If you can actually swallow IPA without gagging: https://i.imgur.com/ZvOpq3u.gifv

She’s management materiel: https://i.imgur.com/uVHi003.jpg

Enthusiasm = A+
Technique = D-

“Nuffin’. Jus’ crime fighting at the mall is all”: https://gfycat.com/WanMinorBlackbear

Clearly, stolen American technology: https://tinyurl.com/y7rbrlfn

The beginning of a friendship: https://i.imgur.com/JueOooY.gifv

From the ‘Good Boy!” file: https://i.imgur.com/Ukw3ZEY.gifv

Ohh rah! ADA! If it flies, it dies!: https://i.imgur.com/EyoVn1y.gifv

I was gonna pop this one on ya, but it’s been all over the news. Posting it anyway: https://i.imgur.com/S5Ht8TI.gifv

There was an attempt…: https://i.imgur.com/5CB4TfB.gifv

If anyone ever tells you ‘ol Atticus died at sea, it’s a lie: https://i.imgur.com/BLDiWqf.gifv

It’s almost like ‘you know who’ writes their headlines. Literally: https://tinyurl.com/yayq5oyx

Logic puzzle for extra credit. It’s open book so cheating is encouraged:
Cannibals ambush a safari in the jungle and capture three men. The cannibals give the men a single chance to escape uneaten.

The captives are lined up in order of height, and are tied to stakes. The man in the rear can see the backs of his two friends, the man in the middle can see the back of the man in front, and the man in front cannot see anyone. The cannibals show the men five hats. Three of the hats are black and two of the hats are white.

Blindfolds are then placed over each man’s eyes and a hat is placed on each man’s head. The two hats left over are hidden. The blindfolds are then removed and it is said to the men that if one of them can guess what color hat he is wearing they can all leave unharmed.

The man in the rear who can see both of his friends’ hats but not his own says, “I don’t know”. The middle man who can see the hat of the man in front, but not his own says, “I don’t know”. The front man who cannot see ANYBODY’S hat says “I know!”

How did he know the color of his hat and what color was it?

paranoid pablito April 20, 2018 at 8:31 PM

The driver of the bus is blonde! Wait, what?

Abbie R. April 20, 2018 at 8:55 PM

Reminds Me of the Cannibal who passed His Brother in the Jungle!

WC resident April 20, 2018 at 10:27 PM

The only way the guy in back would know is if he saw two white hats. He would know that his was black as there are only two white hats. Thus we know he either saw two black hats or one one and one white hat.

The guy in the middle heard “I don’t know” from the guy behind him and knows it’s not black-white-white. Had he seen a white on the guy in front of him then he would know he had black on his own head as he already knows it’s not black-white-white. Thus we know at this point that the guy in the middle is looking at a black hat though can’t be sure of the color on his own head.

The guy in front heard both of the others say “I don’t know” and from that knows his own hat is black.

Ancient Mariner April 20, 2018 at 10:51 PM

Always liked “The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner”. It says so much with so little.

@ WC Resident: I got about half way there and my poor brain got lost. Congrats on taking it all the way. I would have just guessed and hoped that they would use a decent barbecue sauce on me!

KAD April 20, 2018 at 11:05 PM

Welcome back.

Lambie April 21, 2018 at 12:06 AM

The last guy didn’t know any of the hat colors. The hats could have been white, black, white. The last guy din’t know what color hat the middle guy saw, so how could he know his hat was black?

Dawg April 21, 2018 at 12:07 AM

He had a mirror.

Lambie April 21, 2018 at 12:15 AM

Maybe it’s a trick. The last guy can see the cannibal is not wearing a hat, so no color. LOL

Dr Jellyfinger April 21, 2018 at 12:41 AM

And the two cannibals who were eating a clown and one say’s “Does this taste funny to you?”

Silva April 21, 2018 at 11:22 AM

Worth the wait!

Atticus Thraxx April 21, 2018 at 6:28 PM

The man in front knew he was wearing a black hat because he knew the first man did not see two white hats and he knew that the second man did not see one white hat because if he saw a white hat, the second man would have known that his hat was black from hearing the first man’s statement.

Lambie April 21, 2018 at 9:42 PM

There is no way the guy in front can know he is wearing a black hat. From what he heard the hats could be BWW, WBW, WBB, BBB. We only know the front guy is wearing a black hat.

The login puzzle is flawed!

ConcordKate April 21, 2018 at 11:25 PM

Glad to see you back, Atticus.

Lambie April 22, 2018 at 12:13 PM

I concede, he did know he was wearing a black hat.

MVP April 20, 2018 at 9:37 PM

NBA Playoff Predictions anyone? Never doubt LeBron!

PitstopPenny April 20, 2018 at 10:47 PM

If you like Pina Coladas…

BOOYAH! April 21, 2018 at 10:09 AM

Thank you for sticking that damn song in my head …

Marie April 20, 2018 at 11:33 PM

We are going to La Veranda Cafe for dinner in Clayton next weekend during the Art and Wine Festival. Will we be able to park in the restaurant’s parking lot? I know some streets are blocked off so not sure if we can park near the restaurant.

Lambie April 21, 2018 at 12:36 AM

Maybe the restaurant knows, give them a call.

Dr Jellyfinger April 21, 2018 at 12:44 AM

What time are you going? The Festival ends at 7 pm.

Try the salmon…. Nom!

Taggit April 21, 2018 at 11:27 AM

During all their “festivals,” I avoid Clayton like the plague. Ridiculous! Half the time you can’t even get to the Post Office. There must be a law. In fact, I’ve been boycotting Clayton (except for the Post Office and the Library) since they cut down the Eucalyptus grove. Ruined the whole town.

Dr Jellyfinger April 21, 2018 at 9:29 PM

Ruined your free chicken dinners maybe, but not the “whole town”.

Taggit April 22, 2018 at 1:57 PM

What “free chicken dinners,” Jellyfinger?”

Dr Jellyfinger April 22, 2018 at 3:52 PM

There were always alot of chickens just running around out there that nobody seemed to own…. there wasn’t much else… didn’t you get any?

Taggit April 22, 2018 at 7:43 PM

No. I assumed they belonged to somebody and were free range. Chickens usually go home to roost at night. I would never make dinner out of somebody else’s pets.

Dr Jellyfinger April 25, 2018 at 10:46 PM

Right … “Free” range chickens…. so help yourself.
Hard to catch tho… that’s why I invented the Chicken trap (it’s just a big rat trap tied to a fishing pole line… set the trap & pour a pile of chickenfeed on it then …. just wait for the SNAP! & reel ’em in.
Some of them put up a decent fight.

Duck April 21, 2018 at 1:46 AM

Just think how much safer BART is going to be once the Antioch station opens. #winning

PitstopPenny April 21, 2018 at 6:29 AM

🤬

Dr Jellyfinger April 25, 2018 at 10:48 PM

Hey! All those people are “EX” Cons…. that means they did their time and are now honest citizens who would never ever commit another crime.

Dr Jellyfinger April 25, 2018 at 11:14 PM

maybe

Anonymous April 21, 2018 at 9:37 AM

@marie

I understand you are appalled by two men who:
A . Refused to buy anything at Starbucks
B were asked to leave
C refused to leave
D refused the cops request to leave
E were arrested for trespassing.

Marie , if these were two white guys would you be so offended ? Do we owe special deference to black people who refuse to obey the law?

Kirkwood April 21, 2018 at 10:46 AM

When on the road and need a restroom I usually choose a fast food place. Whether I want it or not, I always buy at least something because it’s only fair to the proprietor.

Taggit April 21, 2018 at 11:19 AM

As someone who has bought coffee at Starbucks and couldn’t find a place to sit because the seats were filled up with people only there to use the WiFi, I say more power to managers who will throw out people who don’t buy anything.

Taggit April 21, 2018 at 11:28 AM

As someone who has bought coffee at Starbucks and couldn’t find a place to sit because the seats were filled up with people only there to use the WiFi, I say more power to managers who will throw them out.

J. April 21, 2018 at 11:38 AM

What is the most romantic restaurant in CLAYCORD?

Kirkwood April 21, 2018 at 11:59 AM

How about Jacque En Ze Baux?

Dr Jellyfinger April 21, 2018 at 9:44 PM

Hawaiian BBQ…. I got lei’d there!

WC resident April 25, 2018 at 11:51 PM

The romance comes from the people involved, not the restaurant. I prefer restaurants that are quiet enough that I can have a conversation with my date. For a more popular place that can get noisy then try for early bird dining (before 5pm) and afterwards go for a window shopping walk through downtown. We are having fantastic weather and all of our local downtowns are seem to be lively.

Shasta Daisy April 21, 2018 at 11:52 AM

Romance is everywhere or anywhere.
It’s 2💗’s beating like 1💗.
It’s not found in a restaurant.

Just my opinion.

✌🏼

Justifiable Languor April 21, 2018 at 12:10 PM

And there is Tia, the red pit mix, giving us her bestest smile. She knows, but is giving us her best paw forward…and she’s gone

SF oh April 21, 2018 at 1:45 PM

💕

Antler April 21, 2018 at 7:34 PM

Atticus, Im glad you like cats… because that picture of the black kitten is adorable!!!

just sayin April 21, 2018 at 7:50 PM

What’s going on at Kmart a camper is surrounded by several cops any one know.

Bluebird April 22, 2018 at 3:33 PM

Well from the lack of customer service I experienced on Friday at KMart, Do Not ask the employees. One girl working the register took only one gentleman and told the next guy she was closed. He moved over to the only open register, where I was waiting. Another lady came up and asked the service desk girl if she could do check out, to which she responded, no I am only doing returns. Mind you, in the fifteen minutes I was in the store I never saw any exchanges or refund transactions. She was just staring off into space as observed by the other lady customer in line behind me. Is it any wonder KMart is losing business?

Antler April 21, 2018 at 8:21 PM

Again today, we ordered delicious sandwiches “take-out” from the new Mr. Pickles on Clayton Road in Concord. They were doing a booming business at lunch, and the manager says they are hiring “sandwich makers”.

Rollo Tomasi April 21, 2018 at 9:53 PM

It’s my new “go to” when Canesa’s in Clayton isn’t open.

Silva April 22, 2018 at 10:07 AM

I love their pickle suit. Good to know!

Shasta Daisy April 22, 2018 at 10:03 AM

Happy Earth Day!

Peace.

anon April 22, 2018 at 1:55 PM

A shooting just occurred on a trail by Bates Ave and Industrial Way. The victim said he was being chased by 3 suspects on the trail when he was shot.

richard earle April 22, 2018 at 3:07 PM

black angus pleasant hill seems to be moving away that i could tell from the moving vans i saw there thursday 4/19/2018.sorry to see that happen.i wonder if this is due to the fire and the fire dept or just the lease.too sorry to see leave though,bye bye stewart.

Dr Jellyfinger April 22, 2018 at 3:53 PM

Were they emptying or loading the trucks?

Kentucky Derby April 22, 2018 at 5:23 PM

If you google it, it says “Black Angus Steakhouse is temporarily closed. It is scheduled to re-open May 31, 2018.”

Maybe they were unloading, and getting ready to re-open next month.

Dr Jellyfinger April 25, 2018 at 10:38 PM

Drove past it today… They are hiring now!

Shasta Daisy April 22, 2018 at 5:39 PM

Am I the only person recognizing that today is Earth Day?

✌🏼🌎

Shasta Daisy April 22, 2018 at 6:35 PM
Jojo Potato April 22, 2018 at 5:52 PM

Hadn’t really noticed. But I did pay attention to this past Thursday, Bicycle Day. You can google it yourself if curious.

Shasta Daisy April 22, 2018 at 6:39 PM

Who knew?
Learn something new everyday.

Peace.

Justifiable Languor April 24, 2018 at 10:10 AM

It’s like two ships passing in the night.

Speaking of, I just finished the 3rd season of Dark Sails. Not for the hoity-toity, or children. But the neither were the times. It is loosely based on historical characters, period costumes, swash buckling action. Before the colonials went revolutionary.

Oh, there are the newly prerequisite gay love scenes. I have noticed this lately on the Netflix streaming and also modern movies.

Billed as a prequel to Treasure Island. In the Special Features.

debc April 22, 2018 at 11:50 PM

Saw now hiring sign on p hill black angus restaurAnt does anyone know when it is reopening

Justifiable Languor April 24, 2018 at 10:11 AM

Lime bike sighting on Treat across from De La Salle. Monday April 23rd.

Original G April 24, 2018 at 3:42 PM

What could possibly go wrong ?

‘… Amazon begins delivering packages directly to customers’ CARS across the US’
“Deliveries are available to Prime members with 2015 year or newer Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicles with GM’s OnStar connected-car service, and those with a 2015 or newer Volvo vehicle with an active Volvo On Call account.”

Jojo Potato April 25, 2018 at 11:06 AM

Let me get this straight, the current good advice is to not keep anything valuable in my car but under this scheme Amazon will put something valuable in my car for me? Ain’t gonna happen.

Original G April 25, 2018 at 8:05 PM

As appliances around the home become internet enabled and smarter will they on their own begin sending their owners messages ?
Could your washer begin making ransom demands?

” “Your suspicions were right all along! Shocking pictures reveal how hidden compartment in a washing machine can actually ‘eat’ DOZENS of ‘lost’ socks”

Jojo Potato April 26, 2018 at 11:51 AM

Did they find any pairs? They should have a sock matching party!

Atticus Thraxx April 26, 2018 at 7:43 PM
Silva April 27, 2018 at 10:54 AM

Wow. Very nice! Reminded me of the dead whale explosion in downtown Taiwan, though.

Aspirin April 26, 2018 at 10:38 PM

A question that we all need to ask, and to answer:

When our generation is gone, will we be leaving the Earth in better shape than when we arrived?

Justifiable Languor April 27, 2018 at 1:56 PM

That is always a good question to ask. As a convicted Righty tighty, I am a Conservationist and take my conservatorship of this State seriously. Isn’t that what conservatives supposed to do?

We have a common enemy. Money pigs. Know. No. Boundaries.

Dr Jellyfinger April 27, 2018 at 7:24 AM

In court yesterday Bill Cosby lost his temper and yelled at the prosecutor “You F*&%ing A$$hole!” his legal team had to calm him down…. but the important thing is that while I’ve always considered Bill Cosby to be a lousy comedian, he did finally make me laugh.

Kentucky Derby April 27, 2018 at 8:39 AM

Cosby is pathetic. They wanted him jailed immediately, and it ticked him off. He’s on his way to prison where he belongs. Put him next to the Golden State Killer.

Justifiable Languor April 27, 2018 at 2:09 PM

Brad Status.

I am not a big fan of Ben Stiller. Still, he puts out better movies than Will Farrell. Any Hooty: Brad Status. Netflix. Perhaps a little too moody for some but it was nice to see Ben Stiller play it straight. He is a good actor.

The plot develops around dad taking his teen son to visit potential universities. This stirs up feelings of inferiority about his life choices. His college friends are all very wealthy and pillars of success. A lot of internal analyzing and some bittersweet moments that suburbanites suffer on a daily basis.

Why is this good? Because putting words to general malaise often helps with perspective. As I said, kind of a downer, but good for soul searching. If you can dig it.

We watched it twice, as it stirred up a lot of conversation. The second time was for continuity. It had special features too.

B+ movies have value too.

Cowellian April 27, 2018 at 2:49 PM

I’m bored. Let’s play some last.