Brazilian Steak House Moving Into the Old Mimi’s Building on Willow Pass Rd. in Concord

March 12, 2018 8:00 am · 49 comments

A Brazilian steak house called Brasas Do Brazil is moving into the old Mimi’s building on Willow Pass Rd. in Concord, according to a sign on the building.

Thanks to ‘Dodger Dog’ for the photo.

Roz March 12, 2018 at 8:18 AM

Yeah!!!
Finally a Brazilian Steak House in our area. I know there is one in San Francisco and maybe Oakland, but this will be nice. The only time I was at one of these was in Las Vegas back in 2010, and really enjoyed the food.

M Bastian March 12, 2018 at 10:19 AM

There is one in Napa also.

concord ygnacio March 12, 2018 at 12:43 PM

There are ones in San Bruno and San Mateo too.

mmm mmm good March 12, 2018 at 9:00 AM

Is this a chain restaurant? I can’t find anything out about the place. It sure sounds good. Something new in the area. I hope they have great food and do well.

marinemom March 12, 2018 at 7:12 PM
Minkman March 12, 2018 at 9:01 AM

Don’t get too excited. Remember the scene from the movie Bridesmaids?

S March 12, 2018 at 10:01 AM

Minkman, my thoughts exactly! I’ve never tried a Brazilian steak house in general because of it. LOL!

Angel March 12, 2018 at 8:05 PM

Brazilian restaurants are often very clean, with great food, nothing like what it was portrait at that movie. I tried most Brazilian restaurants in the Bay Area and I recommend each one of them.

Krystle March 12, 2018 at 9:09 AM

They are so good omg there’s flame and fire in Roseville omg amazing

Coffeliver2018 March 12, 2018 at 9:17 AM

Brazil cuisine is great.. Hopefully everyone try’s it out . The closest one is in the city … I hope they do the brunch like Espetus… where there is all sort of meats.. for Meat lovers … excited will definitely try it out as soon as they open .

Chicken Little March 12, 2018 at 9:19 AM

Now we’re talking!

I’m looking forward to checking this place out.

Bishop Estates March 12, 2018 at 9:22 AM

I’ve been wondering what all of the work being done was about. Something new will be great!

Mimi (original) March 12, 2018 at 9:24 AM

Yet I am still receiving emails from Mimi’s about their specials!! Hmmmm…

M Bastian March 12, 2018 at 10:21 AM

They still have one in Fairfield.

Cowellian March 12, 2018 at 1:46 PM

Because Mimis are special!

concord ygnacio March 12, 2018 at 2:01 PM

What is the one in Fairfield?

Sinclair March 12, 2018 at 9:42 AM

Yes. Meat Sweats here I come.

anon March 12, 2018 at 10:41 AM

Yay! So glad to something other than fast food opening. Can’t wait to visit- have a feeling it’s going to draw big crowds at least for while.

Angela March 12, 2018 at 10:51 AM

There’s:
Galeto Brazilian Steakhouse- Oakland
Pikanhas Brazilian Steakhouse- Richmond
Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse- San Francisco & San Jose
Espetus Churrascaria Brazilian Steak House – San Francisco & San Mateo
Cleo’s Brazilian Steakhouse – San Bruno
Galpao Gaucho Brazilian Steakhouse- Napa

GT March 12, 2018 at 12:45 PM

I also like Taurinus in downtown San Jose. Owned by a former Espetus employee.

concord ygnacio March 12, 2018 at 12:49 PM

There is also Flame & Fire is Roseville and Brazil BBQ in Petaluma.

J March 12, 2018 at 11:01 AM

I hate to be negative but couldn’t they have chosen a better neighborhood my car has been broken into twice for…. nothing… last time for a sportcoat on a hanger… Seems sad but it’s what you all voted for… lesser penalties to ease over crowding… unfortunately the police said there is little they can do…. for the deviants…it’s the old give them an inch and they’ll take a yard… sad I can’t have the same excitement as all you above

Pyrrhus March 12, 2018 at 2:28 PM

Sorry you had an incident there. However, I go the area at least once a week to eat or shop and have never had any incidents. There isn’t really much the police can do though. At most they can dust for prints and take note of what was stolen and contact you if any of it shows up.

I had my home broken into and that is exactly what they did. The officer was very nice but there isn’t really much they can do. That’s why I invested into a home security system and cameras. I also have a dash cam for my car that stays on and records even when parked.

I recommend getting a dash cam, they are as cheap as $40 for a decent cheap camera from China.

Max March 12, 2018 at 2:48 PM

Ok eeyore. Let common property crimes ruin you’re whole outlook on life. Maybe you should move somewhere that crime doesn’t exist. Good luck with that.

Agree March 12, 2018 at 11:02 AM

Great, we need way more restaurants in Concord so this is good news. I hope they hire good management and chefs. Mimi’s started good but went downhill fast.

Igor March 12, 2018 at 11:08 AM

I am so happy that finally a Brazilian place its open in Concord, I am Brazilian and I was tired to drive to SF to get a real Brazilian food.
About previous comments: “the movie brides maid” pure BS, the Brazilian food its one the healthiest cosine that I know of.
Not many crazy sauces full of sugars and carbs , all ingredients are very simple and very tasty, no artificial manufactured flavors or crazy seasoning and if you never eat in a Brazilian steak house, I am sorry ( with all the respect for the American BBQ) you don’t really know meat.
American BBQ mask too much the meat flavor with seasons, sauces and a ton of sugar its just a crime, try to BBQ a trip tip with just rock salt , will blow your mind… ups I just revel the Brazilian BBQ secret!!!

Silva March 12, 2018 at 12:50 PM

Okay, no sugary sauces? NOW we’re talking!! We are definitely going to try that.

concord ygnacio March 12, 2018 at 12:51 PM

There is a closer one in Oakland.

holly March 12, 2018 at 1:43 PM

I love Mimi’s I work there due school. I love work there. I will miss Mimi’s

holly March 12, 2018 at 1:48 PM

I love Mimi’s I work there due school. I love work there. I will miss Mimi’s

Cowellian March 12, 2018 at 1:51 PM

I always liked the Mimi’s in Concord. But I have to admit that this Brasas Do Brazil sounds like a great place for this carnivore. I’m not sure my vegetarian daughter would get her money’s worth, though.

concord ygnacio March 12, 2018 at 2:03 PM

I am amazed there is finally going to be a restaurant here that everyone is happy about.

Frank March 12, 2018 at 2:18 PM

Nice, Mimi’s was Ok for breakfast but their dinners were nothing to brag about.

Bill Cutting March 12, 2018 at 2:19 PM

Is this gonna be like that scene from bridesmaids eating there?

Sweet cook March 12, 2018 at 3:53 PM

Yeah! Can’t wait to try it out. Now we need a Texas Roadhouse to move into the old blockbuster building on willow pass.

Mimi (original) March 12, 2018 at 3:59 PM

Now THAT’s a great idea!

Cyco Miko March 12, 2018 at 11:32 PM

I thought they were building apartments down there.

Andrei March 12, 2018 at 3:57 PM

All you can eat meat! Pure heaven…

Sign from Above March 12, 2018 at 4:01 PM

It’s about time we get a real restaurant! Brazilian Steak Houses are awesome, albeit usually on the expensive side. But I’m looking forward to it!

Teacher March 13, 2018 at 6:12 AM

If it is expensive, maybe it will keep the rif raf out!

BoycottTheCircus March 12, 2018 at 6:09 PM

When will we get an Olive Garden?!

Keep all three barrels up March 12, 2018 at 6:28 PM

I really hope this place does well. We’ve been to a few of them and it’s been great. All I can say is let’s try to finally have a restaurant where people take off their hats before eating. Maybe pull up there pants so we all don’t stare at your underwear or crack during our dining experience. And maybe keep the tone of your profanity down while you’re talking on your phone. Thank you.😊

Mika March 12, 2018 at 8:04 PM

Can’t wait!

It March 12, 2018 at 8:34 PM

As long as the city government does not give single senior citizens and low-income property owners a discount on their Property Taxes Special Assessment for Sewer Service, I will not be dining anywhere in Concord. A single senior property owner is subsidizing a family of four who put a much higher demand on the system. This exorbitant and unfair taxation is not right.

wow March 12, 2018 at 8:42 PM

St. Patrick March 12, 2018 at 10:29 PM

Maybe Dublin will get one in their old Mimi’s Cafe.

CO March 12, 2018 at 11:49 PM

Not a chain
BRASAS DO BRAZIL CHURRASCARIA Corporation papers were filed with the State of California 02-28-18 with a Concord Person as the owner.

Mr. John March 13, 2018 at 2:19 PM

I’ll try it when it opens, but I am a little dubious. These places are generally all you can eat, and the cost is generally very high. I do not think Concord can support that model – unless the quality takes a huge hit and we end up with something closer to a Home Town Buffet than the other restaurants mentioned here.

Life is unfair March 14, 2018 at 10:22 AM

You are probably payining artificially low property taxes due to prop 13 and the fact that you bought your house decades before I was born but alas that is not unfair? It is part of life I am paying $6000+ in property taxes to subsidize your right to protest sewage rate.

I think you may be using a higher load of sewage cooking those meals and doing dishes at home.