Claycord – Talk About Whatever

March 9, 2018 19:15 pm · 91 comments

whatever

Happy Friday to all the wonderful citizens in the City of Claycord.

This is a post with no subject, you can talk about whatever you want. If breaking news happens (such a shooting, earthquake, etc.), or you hear about something newsworthy, feel free to post it here.

Please Note: Users who use multiple names will be deleted. Please choose a name so others can easily chat with you. Users must provide a name in the ‘name field’, please do not use the ‘@’ symbol in the name field.

Cowellian March 9, 2018 at 7:15 PM

Cowellian’s First!

wave March 9, 2018 at 7:16 PM

Wave First ??

J. March 9, 2018 at 7:19 PM

What a gorgeous day in the neighborhood!

CSS March 10, 2018 at 6:25 PM

You’re right. A great day to get out of California and enjoy life.

BOOYAH!!! March 9, 2018 at 7:20 PM

FIRST!!!

Roz March 9, 2018 at 7:37 PM

Hi All!
Just a little FYI. I noticed today traveling east on Concord Ave., just above the Iron Horse Regional Trail area, the nasty patch of road way was patched.
It was a much smoother ride and I didn’t even feel the nasty smack on my tires going the normal speed limit. YEAH!

Shasta Daisy March 9, 2018 at 7:45 PM

Star lite,
Star brite,
please keep everyone safe tonite.

Peace.

THE ANIMAL March 9, 2018 at 7:47 PM

Crazy s#@t going on at the veterans home in Yountville………………….

Shasta Daisy March 9, 2018 at 8:57 PM

You got that right!
Crazy and scary.

✌🏼

Lambie March 9, 2018 at 9:06 PM

It’s over. Gunman & 3 hostages dead 🙁

Lambie March 9, 2018 at 8:02 PM

I saw one of those lime bikes at the corner of Gladys & Helen this morning.

This week I’ve seen the same ‘bike’ around PH. It looks like 3 stolen lime bikes painted green. One bike in the front, to ride, and two bikes attached to the back of the first bike, side by side, to carry all the belongings.

You would think the ‘owner’ would be able to get a job with the skills needed to do that.

Justifiable Languor March 10, 2018 at 7:32 AM

Thanks for the Lime Bike report. I like following it’s progress. I am hoping for the best with this venture. I am still a ‘Pollyanna’ at heart. An optimist. I wonder if anyone remembers that phrase…idiom?

Pedalin' Pinhead March 10, 2018 at 11:19 AM

@Justifiable Languor. As a rabid bicycle enthusiast, I too am hoping for the best. I think more people on bikes instead of in cars will be better for our valley, our state, our country, heck, our whole species. But if I had to bet money, these pioneering bike share ventures will probably crash and burn, at least on the first attempt. Too many homeless, or not so homeless, people will steal, vandalize, or otherwise abuse these bikes to the point where they will no longer be an attractive option to people that are on the fence about trying one. I hope I’m wrong.

Remember drinking fountains? How about public benches? Even the pay phone, before everyone suddenly got cell phones, was on its way out because it was costing a fortune to keep up with the graffiti, vandalism, and urination. It saddens me how our country has lost its sense of obligation to the preservation of communal assets.

Justifiable Languor March 10, 2018 at 11:58 AM

I know Pedalin’ Pinhead. Trying to see the best is a hobby of mine. Reality tells a different story. This area continues to slip into ghetto mode.

It happened to San Francisco and by golly our city managers are bringing it here. They need to stop with the phony altruism. I hope I stopped just short of a rant. My apologies.

Pedalin' Pinhead March 10, 2018 at 4:16 PM

@Justifiable Languor. Don’t change. Without hopeless optimists we don’t stand a chance. And people like me that complain when things ain’t as they oughta be. Or so I tell myself!

Atticus Thraxx March 9, 2018 at 8:44 PM

Broke my heart and made me smile: https://tinyurl.com/yajkgnm9

Ouch: https://tinyurl.com/ydff6gou

Amen: https://tinyurl.com/ycq7akjp

More training needed. And some fitness wouldn’t hurt.: https://tinyurl.com/ybf8c8xy

Again with the training and fitness: https://imgur.com/gallery/SQzav

If I was him you couldn’t wipe the smile off my face with a 2×4.: https://i.imgur.com/dgIEAsU.jpg

Duty above self: https://imgur.com/0FcNcAq

Cojones: https://imgur.com/gallery/KaKwc

This is fun: https://imgur.com/gallery/cQkdg

Looks like my mother-in-law smuggled herself aboard again: https://imgur.com/gallery/4ag4o

A flying car: https://imgur.com/gallery/ZE7CoSo

;

Charlie March 9, 2018 at 9:23 PM

Interesting about ToysRUs possibly closing all of their stores. That would be s big loss for Concord since they just moved into the new Veranda shopping center.

3D March 9, 2018 at 9:37 PM

My condolences to the victims and their families of the Yountville tragedy today.

Lambie March 9, 2018 at 11:52 PM

Right turn red arrow, where you can only go right or left: What’s the point? Lots of people ignore that one.

PitstopPenny March 10, 2018 at 2:14 AM

Daylight savings time this weekend. I wish California would do away with this. As I get older this is harder for me to adjust too. Crazy what one hour can do.
My poor cat just lost her eye and I need a glass eye. I was thinking about using a cats eye MARBLE,

Captain Bebops March 10, 2018 at 11:39 AM

I advocate along with others in the tech field UTC everywhere. That’s one time zone for the entire world and would work better where we’ve shrunk the world to a microsecond with the Internet. No math required to know when to call or Skype friends on the other side of the globe. But it is apparently too difficult for the general public to grasp. And there is no DST using UTC. It’s like military ZULU time. DST is way out of fashion anyway but lobbyists like the Chamber of Commerce believe it increases sales as people have an extra hour of light to shop after work. That is if they have any money to spend which is another topic in itself.

Dr Jellyfinger March 14, 2018 at 7:48 PM

Poor Mr. Boots!
Who wants to adopt a kitty with a Hitler mustache?

It March 15, 2018 at 11:26 PM

It looks more like a Charley Chaplin mustache to me, but I guess it’s a matter of interpretation.

Silva March 16, 2018 at 8:06 AM

I noticed that right off, as well. Mr. Boots is a kitler. Poor kid. Here’s a website dedicated to kitlers (cats that look like Hitler); http://bit.ly/2pmNxtZ and here are some more; http://bit.ly/2HGLRCd

Dr Jellyfinger March 16, 2018 at 8:20 AM

maybe if the cat was wearing a derby… otherwise it’s an Adolph.

Poodlme March 10, 2018 at 5:24 AM

Approaching YVR on AYERS RD I see more people using the middle lane at the intersection of Ayers Rd as a LEFT TURN LANE when it is clearly marked WITH AN ARROW to go straight only into the UNIVERSITY PARKING LOT? Also STOP signs ignored on Ayers and within the local neighborhoods as if they aren’t even posted..

City Girl March 10, 2018 at 7:18 PM

I hear you loudly and clearly! Same issue on Wilson Lane from Thornwood all the way down to West Street between 700and 730 in the morning. Almost every day I see people run the stop signs, and many of them don’t even slow down. They go through the stop signs at 20 mph. It’s mostly traffic traveling southbound towards Clayton Road. It’s out of control.

Scoob March 10, 2018 at 10:20 AM

Please don’t litter!

Pulse March 10, 2018 at 10:38 AM

Referred to another treatment facility, but, never kicked out, after all he obviously need help.
As a result 3 women died, what a shame for everyone.

Kentucky Derby March 10, 2018 at 1:46 PM

You can get kicked out of any facility. Maybe he violated their rules.

Silva March 10, 2018 at 8:04 PM

I don’t think 3 women died as a result of his getting kicked out. I think 3 women died as a result of his murdering them.

Fred P. March 10, 2018 at 10:19 PM

Something tells me the system failed him.

KAD March 10, 2018 at 11:27 PM

I heard someone on one of the news stations say he was kicked out for a threat against one of the women.

Duchess of Martinez March 10, 2018 at 11:56 PM

“Why would someone suffering from PTSD ever be kicked out of a treatment facility.”

Because they have problems other than PTSD – infact, according to a few articles I read, the veteran lost his father at a young age (8 -10yo) and was raised by a family until they could no longer continue handle him and he was placed in foster care as a teen. He was apparently doing some sort of emotional life inventory over the past year related to this …

It March 11, 2018 at 8:25 AM

While this is a tragic and unfortunate turn of events, it looks to me like they might have been smart to refer him for further, more extensive or specialized treatment elsewhere rather than kicking him out of their facility. But, unfortunately, now they apparently won’t have the opportunity to re-evaluate their decision. I’ve heard veterans get really terrible treatment, but this sort of proves it to me. Obviously, he needed more than they were willing to offer him. If the so-called “experts” can’t help someone in this state of turmoil, or know how to calm them down, it doesn’t say much for their abilities, in general, in my opinion.

Justifiable Languor March 11, 2018 at 8:30 AM

So, here is another person at risk, that was ignored.

TIFOKCIS March 11, 2018 at 9:12 AM

You should’ve saved the world and taken into your home.

It March 11, 2018 at 2:15 PM

No thanks. I don’t have the training nor the patience for that. But, the people who get paid for it should. They were receiving federal dollars to treat veterans, but they’re kicking them out of the program? Doesn’t sound right to me. Refer them for further treatment, evaluation, medication, whatever, but don’t slam the door in their faces. Kicking him out sounds a little callous.

Kentucky Derby March 11, 2018 at 5:17 PM

If he was kicked out for threatening a woman, he DESERVED to get kicked out. They owed him nothing.

It March 13, 2018 at 8:45 AM

That positive and negative reinforcement, “Tough Love” approach will not work on people who have seen and experienced what veterans have seen and experienced. It’s naive, at best, to think so.

Silva March 13, 2018 at 10:27 AM

We do not yet have any details on the interactions between the facility and the victims of Mr. Wong. I don’t anyway. I read that he had a tough childhood before he enlisted in the Army. Probably lots of balls were dropped along the way, before he finally lost it and murdered three women at their work.

It March 13, 2018 at 6:57 PM

From what I have read, he had significantly and successfully overcome what appeared to be a very difficult childhood riddled with traumatic events. He had distinguished military service which is a accomplishment in itself, he was attending college, and was employed. Somehow all this unraveled prior to or during his participation in the program. If I can be the Devil’s Advocate for a moment, how exactly could three well-educated white women who were decorated and distinguished in their profession possibly relate to, or empathize with, an Asian male who had lived a life fraught with difficulty they didn’t know and had successfully overcome the odds? So, if I understand this the victim is only to blame when they leave stuff in their car which attracts burglary? They never contribute to the events preceding being a murder victim? And he was “kicked out” of the program because he “threatened a woman.” Believe me, women throughout the world put up with a lot more than mere threats on a daily basis. This is about the third such event where the perpetrator had a difficult childhood, was raised by a single parent at some point, had recently experienced a traumatic event. You can learn from these event … or not.

It March 14, 2018 at 1:32 PM

Your point being a pregnant Latina with a PH.D. can relate to an single Asian male who got no breaks, but managed to overcome it all, is able to empathize with him and help? I don;tr think so. It’s not like they could commiserate.

Jojo Potato March 10, 2018 at 11:15 AM

I rarely go through “downtown” Concord but did today since I went to the library. What’s with the LARGE street signs? It’s like the large print section in the library, for people with limited vision, like old people? They look silly, especially “OAK” street where the text is expanded in both directions to fill up the available sign area. The good news is the broken up pavement like on Parkside seems to be helping slow traffic, at least for me.

Kentucky Derby March 10, 2018 at 1:44 PM

The LARGE streets signs are easier for people to see. It beats being behind someone who slows down at every corner looking for a street, and then they speed up again because it’s not the street they’re looking for.

If I wasn’t familiar with a neighborhood and looking for a street, I’d appreciate a larger sign that’s easier to see.

sideline March 10, 2018 at 5:40 PM

I think the new downtown signs look great.
Although I am not old (yet), I appreciate the larger print.

Silva March 13, 2018 at 8:21 PM

The signs don’t appear all that well executed to me at first, but I’ve found I do like them. They are easy to see from further away, and not hard on the eyes in there funky stylized kinda way. I hadn’t noticed if the old signs needed replacing or not. Maybe our City Council have or will put up a plaque with their names on it somewhere.

Lambie March 10, 2018 at 11:36 AM

Since there is a delay for moderation one might think they are first.

I’m not sure what it means when the put their name and first. LOL

Silva March 11, 2018 at 7:10 AM

It’s the Friday night entertainment, Lambie. We also “last!” on the previous Friday thread. You should try it!🙂

Charlie March 10, 2018 at 4:24 PM

Jojo Potato perhaps one day you will be in that category of “old people” and will appreciate the LARGE PRINT. Until then, please have a little patience. You must not have older parents or grandparents.

Cellophane March 10, 2018 at 6:01 PM

Shooting on Allegro.

One person going to the hospital.

Nocares March 10, 2018 at 9:59 PM

Why do people speed and always in a hurry to get to work? It’s work, why would anyone be in a hurry to get to work…that’s just crazy.

It March 13, 2018 at 8:39 AM

My guess is their boss has likely reprimanded them at some time for being late putting additional pressure on them. At least, that has been my experience. Got in trouble once because of BART delay. Like I had any control over that!

Then again there is this whole “I have to compete with every other human on the planet to survive” syndrome … which then leads to the “I’ve gotta speed to get ahead of all these people and get there first or there won’t be any donuts left for me” syndrome.

Aspirin March 14, 2018 at 8:35 AM

They are usually in a hurry to be the first at the next red light, and the next, and the next ….

……and the gas station.

Shasta Daisy March 11, 2018 at 9:11 AM

I love to hear the robins sing in the morning.
Spring is just around the corner.
Happy Sunday.

Peace.

honda bill March 11, 2018 at 2:11 PM

is this thing on?

It March 13, 2018 at 8:26 AM

To which thing do you refer?

Cowellian March 13, 2018 at 10:22 AM

You know: that thing!

WC resident March 14, 2018 at 9:39 AM

Take your thing in for service. The squeaking is keeping the neighbors up though they all have that knowing smile.

anon March 11, 2018 at 4:50 PM

A person was bit by a rattle snake a little while ago. It happened on by Maple gate Ct. which is off of Crystal Ranch Dr.

CLAYCORD.com March 11, 2018 at 6:00 PM

Thanks for the tip, anon! Always appreciate it.

Keep all three barrels up March 12, 2018 at 6:44 PM

My understanding is that the brown garbage can and the blue garbage can get picked up at the same time right? Well on my street they didn’t pick up any of the blue garbage cans. Myself and my neighbors still have blue cans waiting for pickup. I guess I’m just wondering why they didn’t pick up the blue. Don’t they both go in the garbage truck?

It March 12, 2018 at 9:00 PM

Maybe the dual-function truck was out of service that day.

Kentucky Derby March 13, 2018 at 9:13 AM

Call the garbage company.

Aspirin March 14, 2018 at 8:32 AM

I watched it dump both brown and blue into the same hole.

How are they separated?

It March 15, 2018 at 2:32 PM

A giant arm sweeps the collected debris right or left to the appropriate receptacle. Or, that is what I believe I read here about how it works.

Fil March 12, 2018 at 7:12 PM

Can anybody tell me why I cannot get Concord PD dispatch on my scanner on my phone ( 5.0 radio) I used to be able to receive it just fine but recently in the last month and a half to two months it has been totally blocked I want to why is this happening I would like to know what is going on around my house when I hear sirens and I see a police helicopter flying over I think that is only right that I know to be safe ……?
I get Walnut Creek PD. Pittsburgh PD, sheriffs department, fire department & all of the CHP…..!!!!!

Anon-2-U March 13, 2018 at 8:27 PM

If you had saved the Concord PD channel as a favorite in the scanner app on your phone, do a new search for the channel and then select it, and preview it, if you can hear more than static, save it as a “new” favorite and delete the old favorite.

I hadn’t been able to listen to the scanner for about the same period of time as you, and thought I’d do a new search, and then solved the problem using the steps above.

Hope that helps you

Fil March 12, 2018 at 7:27 PM

I would like to know why I cannot receive call could please dispatch on 5.0 radio anymore I have the call could please go on ahead and block all the police Radio traffic so the public cannot hear what’s going on as they are driving around with their sirens and flying to helicopters above our city it would be nice to know What is happening around us thank you

FIL March 12, 2018 at 8:24 PM

I cannot ask a question about the police scanners not working in Concord and you will not post it online so I can get an answer thanks a lot really good post

It March 13, 2018 at 8:21 AM

Personally, I don’t know why you can’t get it. I can’t get it, either, and haven’t been able to for quite some time.

It March 13, 2018 at 8:49 AM

Personally, I don’t know. I can’t get it, either, and haven’t been able to for quite some time.

Dr Jellyfinger March 14, 2018 at 7:54 PM

I though I was the only one not getting it…. but misery loves company, so thanks!

Original G March 13, 2018 at 10:36 PM

“Professor Stephen Hawking dies peacefully at his home aged 76, 55 years after the world-famous physicist was diagnosed with motor neurone disease and given just two years to live”

Aspirin March 14, 2018 at 8:31 AM

An amazing man indeed !

Shasta Daisy March 14, 2018 at 8:38 AM

God bless.
A brilliant man, he was.
He will be greatly missed.

Peace and prayers.

Jojo Potato March 14, 2018 at 5:52 PM

I read his book and kept it. I’m not qualified to rank his work against Einstein or whoever but I really enjoyed his thoughts. And courage? That guy never gave up and I respect that a lot. Farewell.

Aspirin March 14, 2018 at 8:30 AM

The new fashion slob wears a T shirt and flip flops no matter where he is.

I avoid these people.

Silva March 14, 2018 at 9:30 AM

Oh, that’s just my Spring/Summer/Fall outfit. I have a different one for Winter occasions.

Dr Jellyfinger March 14, 2018 at 7:56 PM

Me too…. but people are always mistaking me for Jimmy Buffet.

I add socks and a Freddy Sweater in mid November till about mid April…. gotta keep warm.

anon March 14, 2018 at 8:08 PM

Sounds like High School Teachers.

It March 15, 2018 at 2:21 PM

If I were going to be a slave to something, fashion certainly wouldn’t be my first choice.

Dr Jellyfinger March 15, 2018 at 10:31 PM

Some people are cultivating the “Lebowski” look too.

Silva March 14, 2018 at 12:47 PM

All the Earthly colors look even more perfect when they’re wet!

Shasta Daisy March 14, 2018 at 2:08 PM

Totally agree.

✌🏼☀️

Kirkwood March 14, 2018 at 1:20 PM

The rain has stopped, the sun is out and all the roofs in the neighborhood are steaming.

Original G March 16, 2018 at 11:40 AM

Have you ever wondered what happens with your bags after you have checked them in but before they are loaded on the plane?

“Suitcase is caught on camera travelling along the taxiways at Atlanta International Airport”

slagheap March 16, 2018 at 1:32 PM

i wonder if anybody knows the real story of the guy that wears all the improvised armor and cleans up the street trash in the neighborhoods along the northern section of willow pass rd and the adjoining streets? i’ve heard a number of what i take to be apocryphal tales of how he ended up on the street. talked with him a little, but he has his dignity so i’ve never asked him. sometimes i slip him a few bucks. he seems well educated, been around here a long time.

KAD March 16, 2018 at 5:36 PM

I am hoping my long lasting cold will go away.

Cowellian March 16, 2018 at 7:08 PM