The Claycord Online Museum – Dutch Pride Dairy on Market St. in Concord

February 21, 2018 16:00 pm · 14 comments

dutch_pride

Thanks to “Kirkwood” for this photo of the old Dutch Pride Dairy building on Market St. in Concord.

Check out those prices!

Click on the tag below titled “Claycord Online Museum” to view other items!

Officer Barbrady February 21, 2018 at 5:58 PM

In ‘69 my partner and I were driving by at zero dark thirty. Saw the classic burglar coming out the back window. Big foot chase. Your correspondent tripped and ripped his pants lost the chase, but Concord PD cut him off at the pass and he went to jail.

I bought new pants.

Barbie Girl February 22, 2018 at 9:19 AM

Great story. 😊

YO YO MAN February 21, 2018 at 7:05 PM

Good place to buy beer when we were young. good times. great drive thru. miss it.

Schmee February 21, 2018 at 7:08 PM

The Dutch got run out of claycord once they realized they had to pay half of every restaurant tab. So sad.

Silva February 21, 2018 at 9:48 PM

🙂

Smith February 21, 2018 at 8:27 PM

Yeah, we drove through and bought milk and ice cream. A&W was next door I think lol

nytemuvr February 21, 2018 at 8:48 PM

Foster Freeze was on the left side, the Red Barn furniture store was on the right side and next to it was A&W.

Smith February 21, 2018 at 9:06 PM

I remember Foster Freeze on Galindo St. was Dairy Belle on Market St.? , Red Barn was a furniture store. I was thinking it was a feed store 🙂 Claycord has another great photo of Dutch Pride flooded. http://claycord.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/flood_3.jpg

nytemuvr February 21, 2018 at 11:12 PM

Pretty sure it was Foster’s Freeze back in ’62 when my Dad took that picture. Family friends bought it about ’70, renamed it Bob’s Burgers. I remember the one on Galindo too, but I think that was in the late 60s. I remember both being open concurrently for a few years.

nytemuvr February 22, 2018 at 12:41 AM

After enlarging the original “flood” slide, and some contemplation, the building is painted “Foster’s Freeze blue” and the sign on the pole looks like the classic Foster’s Freeze shaped sign for back then. I think it did become Dairy Belle after it was Foster’s Freeze, then Bob’s Burgers.

Chris K February 22, 2018 at 5:26 AM

Yep, I remember pulling in there when we were 16 or so and buying beer! No questions asked!

Mountainside Jay February 22, 2018 at 8:41 AM

This brand sounds familiar…are they still around?

DD February 22, 2018 at 10:23 AM

Check the price of half n half.

slagheap February 22, 2018 at 5:02 PM

i remember everything mentioned above. we arrived in concord in late ’61.