Cold Weather Ahead for the Bay Area, No Rain Expected

February 17, 2018 13:00 pm · 7 comments

Unseasonably cold weather is ahead tonight, tomorrow and early next week for the Bay Area, with no rain expected through Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service.

Temperatures are predicted to drop into the 30s this weekend, with potentially the coldest weather of the year next week, the weather service said.

A cold weather system is expected to drop south from Canada into northern California starting Sunday, when temperatures will plummet during the day, according to the weather service.

On Monday, Washington’s birthday, high temperatures during the day will only reach 52 degrees in the Bay Area, the weather service said, falling to 32 degrees in Concord at night.

Additionally, “It might get a little bit windy along the coast Sunday night through early Monday morning,” said Anna Schneider, a meteorologist with the weather service.

No rain and few clouds are expected from today through Tuesday, according to the weather service.

Dawg February 17, 2018 at 3:35 PM

How is it unseasonably? It’s Winter and it’s February, it’s suppose to be cold.
The only thing unseasonably about the weather we’ve been having is the warmth.
We usually have snow on Mt Diablo in February.

Cellophane February 17, 2018 at 6:50 PM

Dawg, you wrote exactly what I was going to write.

The low’s barely break freezing, which is good because many plants are already sprouting.

Captain Bebops February 18, 2018 at 9:51 AM

You tell me. Since I’ve lived here I’ve seen all kinds of winter weather and usually very cold periods limited to a couple weeks. This season has been cold from November through now with only a couple of warm weeks. Much of this supposedly due to a shift in the Jet Stream.

TraumaRx February 17, 2018 at 3:47 PM

@ Dawg
That’s what’s written. Take it how you want. Fake news.

Dorothy February 17, 2018 at 4:12 PM

Drats! I guess I’ll have to water outside.

Lizzie February 17, 2018 at 6:44 PM

I will believe it when I feel it….Today was beautiful!

Faux Nudes February 18, 2018 at 3:55 AM

My weather app says rain Weds. and Thurs. I hope this report is wrong. How right can they be when they call cold February weather “unseasonable”?