The Water Cooler – Do You Do Anything Special for Valentine’s Day?

February 14, 2018 12:00 pm · 27 comments

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday in the noon hour.

Do you do anything special for Valentine’s Day, or is it just another day?

Also, if you absolutely had to pick a restaurant to visit on Valentine’s Day and you were guaranteed to get in without waiting, where would you go?

Talk about it….

Shasta Daisy February 14, 2018 at 12:14 PM

Happy Valentine’s Day!
Share a hug and a smile,
it feels good to them and you.

Peace.

Noj February 14, 2018 at 12:30 PM

Happy Valentines Day to all of you Lovebirds!

Taking my beautiful wife of 43 years to a nice dinner tonight.

Still in love with her after so many years. I got lucky guys, believe me.

Incognito February 14, 2018 at 1:10 PM

Awesome! Enjoy!

Shoulda Coulda February 14, 2018 at 12:40 PM

Since I’m a thrifty guy I spend the day eating
that thrifty Russell Stover candy from Thrifty’s.

Pookie February 14, 2018 at 3:17 PM

You should throw in a quart of the Chocolate Malt Crunch Ice Cream while you’re there 🙂 Delicious.

mohairs February 14, 2018 at 3:56 PM

Hey, Pookie! I remember that Chocolate Malt Crunch ice cream, too! It WAS delicious.

Incognito February 14, 2018 at 1:15 PM

Celebrating 23 years of marriage this year!

Every day is Valentine’s, however, having a romantic day to celebrate is a nice thing. We cook a nice dinner at home and open a special bottle of wine. Hubby used to buy me flowers, however, we now have a cat that likes to snip the flowers off the stems (roses and tulips especially). lol

Happy Valentine’s Day to all!

Reality says... February 14, 2018 at 1:17 PM

My wife is the best.

I always used to do the card, flowers, candy and diner route for VTD. I didn’t mind, I liked doing that for her. Then one year she said how about you just give me a card and small box of inexpensive chocolates (if I “want” to)…no flowers and no dinner. I countered with OK on the flowers (she get’s those often anyway just because) but let me take you out for a nice dinner the following Saturday at least; I get not wanting to hassle with the VTD crowd at the dinner spots.

Every since I get her a nice card, a box of See’s candies and I take her out for a nice dinner on Saturday. This year I’m taking her to Forbes Mill. We’ll take an Uber so we can have some adult beverages and enjoy our time together. 🙂

That was our deal and it started about 10 years ago – we’re 25 years into our marriage and I love that women more and more each year. VTD and our anniversary dates are times I really stop and reflect how good a woman, mother, friend and partner she is. I am blessed and I know this.

Justyfiable Languor February 15, 2018 at 4:55 AM

Absolutely fabulous story!

The Mamba February 14, 2018 at 1:33 PM

Sure, I get little things for my family and tell them I love them.

Lambie February 14, 2018 at 2:38 PM

😘

Mariner February 14, 2018 at 4:12 PM

Just another day, nothing special about it. I’ve never bought my wife flowers for any occasion or cards ever even when dating. We’ve been married 35+ years and she’d think I was flipping out if I did something like that and we both agree it’s rather silly.
Sorry Hallmark, local florists and candy makers you get none of my money from this day.

Dorothy February 14, 2018 at 4:39 PM

Took myself to a movie. Fixing a nice dinner in my kitchen.

Roz February 14, 2018 at 4:47 PM

Been married 40 years. Hubby ask what I wanted for V-Day. I’ve been waiting on a new Kitchen for 20 years,..well, to say the least, I won’t be getting it yet,…LOL! He’s going to grill some meat tonight for street tacos. No restaurants, since he is a master griller.
But really, I’m a pretty lucky girl. He took me to the E/R yesterday morn, and then stay home from work and babied me,..no I didn’t have the flu, just a little health issue.

Justyfiable Languor February 15, 2018 at 4:50 AM

I also was treated to a fabulous home meal. Lobster!

As for a new kitchen. Try being your own project manager. This will save you 10,20,30 or more in thousands. Fire up the excel worksheet and start calculating! What you save in management, you can spend on a few quality appliances. At the very least you will be idead up on all your choices.

Phoenyx February 14, 2018 at 6:09 PM

We will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary in a few months. We don’t really celebrate ‘mandated’ holidays like Valentine’s Day. I’d rather my husband bring me flowers ‘just because’ rather than on a Hallmark holiday.

For those who do celebrate… that’s awesome! Just don’t stress out on the ‘perfect gift.’

Sam February 14, 2018 at 6:12 PM

Heartwarming to read all the nice comments. Happy Valentine’s Day! And Happy Every Day! 🙂

KAD February 14, 2018 at 6:43 PM

Normally, nothing but today I am making a chocolate pie for the hubby. He has been super sweet to me lately so I thought I would do this for him.

G-Man February 14, 2018 at 8:12 PM

Popping a Hungry Man in the microwave.

Silva February 14, 2018 at 8:33 PM

I celebrated another anniversary without a Grand Mal seizure. Woo Hoo!

Kentucky Derby February 14, 2018 at 8:59 PM

We usually go out for dinner, but I didn’t want to miss live Figure skating! My husband was good to me…

KAD February 14, 2018 at 9:27 PM

Restaurant part of question – Fiore on Clayton Rd near K-Mart.

Silva February 15, 2018 at 7:22 AM

I guess I should try that place.🙂

Ano February 14, 2018 at 9:37 PM

I made my neighbors cupcakes

Silva February 15, 2018 at 7:23 AM

How nice!

Ano February 15, 2018 at 1:36 PM

Thank you. My street is mostly elderly so hopefully it brightens their day.

Boycott the Circus February 15, 2018 at 6:05 PM

Valentines Day is overrated.. and I make sure my husband doesn’t buy me extremly overpriced flowers that die within a week.. But I did have my in laws over and cooked dinner for them, my husband and three kids. It was lovely.