The Water Cooler – The Winter Olympics

February 13, 2018 12:00 pm · 29 comments

The “Water Cooler” is a feature on Claycord.com where we ask you a question or provide a topic, and you talk about it!

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday in the noon hour.

Have you watched any of the winter Olympics? If so, what’s your favorite sport to watch? Also, do you prefer the summer or winter Olympics?

Talk about it….

{ 29 comments… read them below or add one }

AlwaysBePositive February 13, 2018 at 12:02 PM

Yes I’m watching. Don’t care if it is summer or winter, just love to see athletes striving for their best. It is inspiring.

Suzanne February 13, 2018 at 12:04 PM

I actually did watch some. I don’t usually. I like the luge, speed skating and ski jumps. My other half enjoys the biathalon. I don’t really like either summer or winter but if I had to choose… winter.

Concordejet February 13, 2018 at 12:09 PM

it Awesome!!!!!!!

Jack's Fan February 13, 2018 at 12:14 PM

Watching as much as I can, love the NBC Sports streaming app so I can target my viewing. Snowboarding is my biggest love, but all the events have amazing and inspiring athletes. Short track speed skating is super exciting too!

AnonZ February 13, 2018 at 12:16 PM

I haven’t watched any of it so far. I like the luge best.

Kentucky Derby February 13, 2018 at 12:17 PM

I’m watching every night – the entire time it’s on. I don’t watch the daytime coverage – not home. My favorite winter Olympic sport is figure skating. I enjoy winter and summer Olympics equally, and I’m glad they have it every two years instead of every four. GO USA!

TOB February 13, 2018 at 12:32 PM

For some reason this year I’ve come to enjoy curling.

AlwaysBePositive February 13, 2018 at 2:13 PM

I agree, but I’m wondering where they keep their beers while they play…

missy February 13, 2018 at 2:17 PM

Right there with you. And. I find the athletes from Russia to be especially fun to watch.

Silva February 14, 2018 at 2:51 PM

Looks like some kind of sorcery.

Cellophane February 13, 2018 at 12:38 PM

I haven’t watched in years. The commentators and the commercials are anywhere from annoying to unbearable.

I have a lot of respect for the athletes that work so darn hard and strive to win. They deserve all of the notoriety and remuneration they can get.

Pyrrhus February 14, 2018 at 9:10 AM

If you can find a stream online, try the BBC coverage. Little to no commercials, show more events without cutting away, Life story segments are shorter, and commentators that don’t want to make you tear your hair out or mute.

Last night I was able to watch the GB vs AOR curling match. They didn’t cut away to some other sport, I was able to watch as much of it as I wanted.

I also heard that CBC coverage is quite good as well.

Jojo Potato February 13, 2018 at 1:04 PM

Grandboy and I have a date tomorrow morning at 04:10 to watch the US hockey game. Should be fun.

KAD February 13, 2018 at 1:10 PM

Yes, Day and Night. Loosing sleep over it. Love both Summer and Winter. It is not all USA, USA as it used to be. The commentators are giving all countries their due. I love the Figure Skating the best.

AlwaysBePositive February 13, 2018 at 2:14 PM

I agree, there is far less coverage of just Americans. The stories from around the world offer just as much emotion as the American stories do.

Captain Bebops February 13, 2018 at 1:40 PM

Not watching. I’m not into sports at all.

Incognito February 13, 2018 at 2:07 PM

Yes, I’ve been watching it, pretty much every night. I don’t have a preference of Summer or Winter because I have favorites in each. Love ice skating and the luge the best.

I agree with other comments, the athletes are inspiring. Nice to see so many individuals doing something positive. It’s also nice to see with the Winter Olympics other countries doing well.

Bishop Estates February 13, 2018 at 2:40 PM

Love to watch! I prefer the Winter over Summer, the Ice Skating, Luge, Snowboarding are all awesome!

ClayDen February 13, 2018 at 2:52 PM

I haven’t found time to watch any of it. I like the luge, bobsled and downhill skiing though. My sports watching has been the Warriors. The racing season kicked off at Daytona with the 24 a couple of weeks ago. Indycar starts March 11, and (finally) Formula 1 starts March 25. I tried watching the Daytona 500 a few years ago and turned it off after about 20 laps; I just can’t watch NASCAR.

Judas February 13, 2018 at 3:45 PM

I prefer Winter Olympics, but I don’t usually watch anymore. Too many commercials.

Original G February 13, 2018 at 3:53 PM

Not watching. Would you watch a ball game after you know the score and have seen the important parts on social media? From small amount I’ve heard the liberal media has repeatedly displayed their ignorance of historical and cultural facts.
Think one guy might have gotten fired.

chuckie the troll February 13, 2018 at 4:51 PM

Don’t watch TV, period. I have no desire to watch/listen to NBC commentators extol the virtues of North Korea (A certified* He**hole country), push their politics or social beliefs, or make stupid and inane comments during the competition.

Elisa Fischer February 15, 2018 at 1:10 PM

The citizens of North Korea should not take the blame for their nation’s leadership. The athletes are just as hardworking and deserving of praise as any other. Probably more so. Cases have been documented that athletes who bring “shame” to their country by not performing as well as expected suffer severe consequences to themselves and their families.

LightenUpFrancis February 13, 2018 at 7:05 PM

Absolutely. Love the Olympics.

Ricardo February 13, 2018 at 8:26 PM

‘asez>fjc,m Never cared for the Olympics. US gold medal winners make $37000 per gold, paid by contributors and sponsors. Covered a pre Olympic event between the US and a foreign team, once and you cannot believe the pressure put on the kids involved, as well as the demands by the parents. “My daughter is higher ranked than your kid so we should get the massage table, first.” “My son should not be in that heat, he is on the first team”

Bad Nombre February 14, 2018 at 12:19 AM

No. I don’t watch television.

Livin downtown February 14, 2018 at 1:12 AM

I watch. Sports has changed so much. I enjoy the extreme sports the most. Snow boarding, giant slalom, freestyle skiing, Skelton, luge, bobsleds, speed skating.

Kirkwood February 14, 2018 at 1:51 PM

I liked it better when it was covered by all the networks. More events were covered and you could see different events by changing channels. Also a greater variety of events. Today with one exclusive network we see 3-4 events repeated 3 times a day.

Wonder if I’ll get to watch sailing in the summer Olympics?

Elisa Fischer February 15, 2018 at 1:16 PM