Northgate High School Instrumental Music Program Hosts ‘Orchestra & Band on the Run 4’.

February 13, 2018 19:00 pm · 12 comments

Northgate High School Instrumental Music Program hosts ‘Orchestra & Band on the Run 4’.

An evening of unparalleled student led jazz and classical music, a dinner of culinary delights, and an array of tempting auction items await you at the 4th annual 2018 Orchestra and Band on the Run fundraiser for the Northgate High School Instrumental Music Program.

Enjoy this one of a kind event while helping to support over 150 student musicians complete their active schedule of performances, festivals, and competitions. While these students are driven by success, they need your financial help for the long haul so why not put a little more gas in their tank? Our goal this year is to raise $10,000 so that the Northgate Instrumental Music Boosters (NIMB) can buy and repair musical instruments, fund transportation, pay entry fees to music festivals, purchase music scores, and subsidize other vitally necessary purchases.

Under the direction of Greg Brown, our music program has become one of the most recognizable and lauded in California and you can be a part of this legacy by attending this unique evening of music, food, and fun!

Bring your friends AND your cash/credit card for fabulous auction items and raffle prizes!

Can’t make it? Consider paying it forward with a “ticket for a teacher” and/or making a tax-deductible donation to NIMB today.

Donate Now!

Saturday, Feb.24 at 6 PM – 10:30 PM
Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in Lafayette California
1035 Carol Ln., Lafayette

www.brownpapertickets.com

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

Silva February 13, 2018 at 10:28 PM

Hey, that sounds like a good time! Wonder why it’s at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in Lafayette. I was never inside, but it featured in a few interesting times of my youth.

Debra Haney February 14, 2018 at 8:00 AM

Our Savior’s Lutheran Church has a very nice event venue and it’s a perfect space for these young performers to play. Come see why this music program continues to rack up awards and send students to play at The Monterey Jazz Festival and the Grammys year after year.

Silva February 14, 2018 at 11:46 AM

Thanks Debra! I think it’s high time I saw the inside.

Wesley Mouch February 13, 2018 at 10:55 PM

These kids can play! Try something new. .. live music!

Shasta Daisy February 14, 2018 at 7:44 AM

Sounds wonderful!
I’ll see if I can get a group together.

Peace.

Sign from Above February 14, 2018 at 7:44 AM

The Jazz band has won top honors all over the state and is routinely invited to perform at the Monterey Jazz Festival. They’ve also performed at Yoshi’s in Oakland. They are worth the price of admission alone! Last year’s event was awesome. If you enjoy music, you’ll love this!

Jennifer Wake February 14, 2018 at 8:46 AM

We went last year and it was a blast!

AlwaysBePositive February 14, 2018 at 12:23 PM

I’d say these folks rock…but really they jazz!

Kirkwood February 14, 2018 at 12:54 PM

Although I’ve never seen this group, I’m always amazed by the professionally high quality music of many youth bands. I’ve even seen some good middle school trad jazz bands.

The Sac’to Trad Jazz Society has an annual youth jazz camp. I’ve known several kids that have been to this camp and they all loved it and wanted to go back.

sacjazzcamp.org

Kirkwood February 14, 2018 at 1:56 PM

I see a bassoon in the front row, you haven’t lived until you have heard jazz bassoon!

Bassoon def: The ill wind that nobody blows good.

Music February 14, 2018 at 10:05 PM

Northgate High School has the best Orchestra Program in Northern CA. The have won several awards thru out the years.

Debra Haney February 16, 2018 at 6:06 PM

As a parent, on the behalf of an Orchestra student, I thank you and shall pass that on!