UPDATE: Vehicle Fire at Lehmer’s Concord Buick GMC Dealership in Concord

January 16, 2018 17:15 pm · 12 comments

Firefighters are battling a vehicle fire inside the Lehmer’s Concord Buick GMC dealership on Market St. at Willow Pass Rd. in Concord.

The vehicle is inside the ‘shop’, according to firefighters.

No injuries have been reported at this time.

Thanks to Ashley Marie for the photo.

UPDATE: Everyone made it out safely, and the fire has been extinguished.

Thanks to Dan Dinneen Photography for the 10 photos shown below.

And thanks to Anonymous for the 14 photos shown below.

Click on each photo for a much larger view.

a m a January 16, 2018 at 5:18 PM

Everybody is fine. No one hurt thank god.

Cowellian January 16, 2018 at 5:25 PM

Just Wow!
It’s easy to imagine something like this getting way out-of-hand, really quickly.

Clayton Valley Auto Service January 16, 2018 at 5:28 PM

Happy to hear that everyone is safe.

Sondra Shelton January 16, 2018 at 6:30 PM

My son just got home he works two buildings
down Oil Express, said there was one than
another big booms the ground shook We
are glad everyone’s ok

Crazytech58 January 16, 2018 at 9:09 PM

Two explosions were the tires popping as they melted off vehicle, was on hoist, fuel fire, everyone is safe and building okay

Crazytech58 January 16, 2018 at 8:09 PM

Sondra, explosions were 2 tires exploding as they melted off vehicle, was up on hoist, people and building okay, car a total loss, draining fuel tank issue gone wrong.

chuckie the troll January 16, 2018 at 9:02 PM

Vehicles cooked-to-order?

All joking aside, praying that no one was injured and no one loses a job.

Cv Alum January 16, 2018 at 9:09 PM

Glad no one hurt

mike favar January 17, 2018 at 1:34 PM

Great photos, Dan!

Concord resident January 17, 2018 at 2:18 PM

A vehicle was being worked on while on a rack, someone was saudering the gas tank was leaking and a spark caught the gas on fire.

Crazytech58 January 21, 2018 at 10:16 AM

Cars have used plastic fuel tanks for 20 years now, it was an electric drill that punctured the tank, sparks from drill motor started fast spreading gasoline fire

Jojo Potato January 17, 2018 at 4:22 PM

Soldering might be better usage. But whatever you call it doing something with flame near a gas tank is, well, it’s this.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: