A Note Regarding the Comments on Claycord.com – Thank You for Reading

January 12, 2018 11:35 am · 44 comments

Thank you for reading.

dealwithit January 12, 2018 at 6:47 PM

Deal with it ! There is no safe spaces in the real world folks!

Trucker bug January 12, 2018 at 7:26 PM

Good luck with that. There’s many a posters here that make it a full time job to be offended or find something offensive

Captain Bebops January 12, 2018 at 7:03 PM

OTOH, thanks for adding the ability to Reply to a comment and the ability to Edit a within a certain time limit.

Shasta Daisy January 12, 2018 at 7:30 PM

Claycord.com is #1.

Peace.

Cowellian January 12, 2018 at 8:05 PM

Yes ma’am!

paranoid pablito January 12, 2018 at 7:47 PM

Well said! I’m so glad you said it!!

Litigator January 12, 2018 at 7:51 PM

Well said!

Amy January 12, 2018 at 8:03 PM

I really enjoy reading all the comments from different opinions and I learn alot from this site. Maybe the Snowflakes who are so easily offended should find a site that blocks off opinions they don’t agree with. As my mother always said “It takes all kinds to make a world”,

Baloo January 13, 2018 at 2:08 PM

The definition of civility
1. courtesy; politeness.
2. a polite action or expression.

Cheers to learning!

concord ygnacio January 12, 2018 at 8:08 PM

Ok, so who was causing trouble now?

Cellophane January 12, 2018 at 9:09 PM

Ok, so who was causing trouble now?

I doubt it was me.

I’ve been fairly nice lately.

Still, a lot of my comments are deleted, so I must be offending someone.

RunnerDope January 12, 2018 at 9:55 PM

Me, too.

Ricardo January 12, 2018 at 10:27 PM

I often get more pleasure from the comments than the article. The joy to bitch about some complaint on bureaucracy, relieves some of the complaint. I forsee a bright future for claycord, as the ex-times or whatever they are now, no longer covers anything except San Jose, Oakland and SF, with no comment allowed. Think I looked at the Eastbay times the last two days and found only three news articles that involved the Diablo Valley. I thought I would never miss Dean Lesher, but I do.

Antler January 13, 2018 at 2:21 AM

Many of us miss Dean and Margaret and their Contra Costa Times!

Deanne January 13, 2018 at 12:27 AM

Caycord, you don’t allow any comments that don’t make you feel warm and fuzzy.
I read comments all the time from people that aren’t PC and might rustle feathers in this over sensitive society- and then I see the comment deleted by claycord, but all the haters’ comments in response to it left up. It’s like claycord is trying to shame the person for voicing an opinion the admins disagreed with.

So don’t regurgitate the scripted lines of “we make it easy for you to voice your opinion” and “civil discussions” when you censor everyone’s comments whom YOU don’t agree with…. The irony of your post is laugh out loud worthy

robert January 13, 2018 at 1:28 AM

If you can voice your opinion without vulgar language, voice it! If you get a response without vulgar language and don’t like it,so sad deal with it!

Charlie January 13, 2018 at 2:34 AM

Thank you Claycord. Well said. For all those who don’t like it – go somewhere else. The internet is a large place with lots of choices – for free.

MEe January 13, 2018 at 7:01 AM

One thing is a comment does not have to have profanity in it to be offensive or insulting to another. There are many ways to say the same thing, with or without using cuss words. I just think it comes down to respecting others right to their opinion and them respecting your right, not matter if they agree or not.

frenchdawg January 13, 2018 at 8:09 AM

Amen !

GetReal January 13, 2018 at 9:19 AM

What Antler said!

Dr. Jellyfinger January 13, 2018 at 10:12 AM

I’ve probably been guilty of saying something inappropriate maybe once or twice… but I have a medical excuse… and a note from my psychiatrist.

Cowellian January 13, 2018 at 12:18 PM

Psychiatrist?

I may have had a post, or two, or so, removed during my time here. Maybe I should come up with some kind of excuse.

Seriously? That was a psychiatrist?

Atticus Thraxx January 13, 2018 at 10:28 AM

I can only imagine the dankness of some of the deleted posts we never saw. 😉

Silva January 13, 2018 at 10:52 AM

And some are perfectly innocent and completely on the up and up too!😉

TIFOKCIS January 13, 2018 at 11:29 AM

The horrifying threat of old neutered bulls giving people the horn ring a bell?

Silva January 14, 2018 at 4:56 AM

Now that you mention it, That’s a great way to describe your contributions to the conversations..

George January 13, 2018 at 10:40 AM

Great job Claycord.com ALL GOOD!

NunYa January 13, 2018 at 11:13 AM

So if the comment upsets the snowflakes it gets deleted, big shock.

Like this one?

Big picture January 13, 2018 at 11:30 AM

You don’t see the big picture. Sometimes your comment may not even get to the moderator. The automated spam filter in Wordpress may delete it. Thousands of comments are automatically sent there each day. Don’t take it personally people. There is an option. Articles without the ability to comment. Now that would be boring. And Thanks Mayor. We know it’s not easy.

Fan January 13, 2018 at 12:31 PM

Thank you Mayor. I generally don’t read the comments–not because I am offended–but because the ignorance of many of them is depressing to me,

I am chuckling at those who think their posts are deleted because “snowflakes” are upset. I doubt that is the reason why they are deleted. More likely it’s just the crude meanness of some posts and lack of anything besides name calling gets a comment deleted.

Stop with the name calling and nonsense. If you feel strongly about an opinion maybe you can do some research and post a cogent defense or argument in support of it.

Calling someone a snowflake really doesn’t advance your argument and doesn’t garner any respect for your position. But I guess that’s the best that those who comment on blogs all day can do. Criticize people and not ideas.

NunYa January 14, 2018 at 10:11 AM

LOL!!

WAAAAA-bulance….

Cowellian January 13, 2018 at 1:03 PM

I’m still here because I’m still having fun.

I kind of feel like we’re on a roll, here. First, we got the Reply feature, and then we got the Edit feature. Dare I ask for a Like button, also?

Silva January 13, 2018 at 3:15 PM

Like!

ConcordRez January 13, 2018 at 2:07 PM

Thanks for the service and for the new edit opportunity.

MadMom January 13, 2018 at 9:06 PM

Thank you so much. You all have done an excellent job in providing so many here with a sense of community. It certainly can’t be easy.

Anon January 14, 2018 at 11:28 AM

I shudder to think that my community includes some of the people who post here. My favorites, however, are Atticus and Concord Mike. I’m usually glad to hear from them. I just scroll past the chronically irritating ones.

Concerned Citizen of Clayton January 16, 2018 at 9:19 AM

“Claycord.com is a News & Talk site. Because of that, we received hundreds of comments each and every single day from hundreds of different people with hundreds of different opinions.”

Response: So why is it up to you to decide who is right or wrong?

“Every single website on the internet has comments that you don’t agree with, and just because a person disagrees with another person’s opinion, doesn’t automatically mean the comment should be deleted. However, in some cases, the comment should be deleted, which we do multiple times on a daily basis.”

Response: For what reasons? Because you don’t like what their message/comment.

“In the past, the moderators on Claycord.com have closed comments on certain posts and do their best to moderate when needed. We also do our best to block vulgar and racist comments. If one does get through the moderation process, we will delete it when we see it.”

Response: Vulgar, yes. But racist? Who are you to decide what is a racist comment or not?

“Claycord.com is a free service to you. Our team works hard to bring important, entertaining and useful information to you on a daily basis. In return, we ask that you give us a little patience, understanding and help if you see something that you believe should be deleted by immediately emailing us at news@claycord.com.”

Response: I’ve tried emailing you, but you hide behind your desk and will not respond to my emails.

“If you’re reading comments on the internet, you will read something you don’t agree with, and you will read some comments that shouldn’t be online. Whether it’s on Claycord, the East Bay Times, KTVU, KPIX, KRON4, SFgate.com, ABC7, NBC11, Facebook, Yahoo, Google, or any other local site, there will be comments that upset you.”

Response: You have a comment section. Who are you to decide what should be online or not? If you don’t want comments, delete the comment section from Claycord.

“Unlike many other sites, we make it easy for you to voice your opinion if you see something that you feel should be deleted.”

Response: Not sure what you mean? Let’s see if I understand what you are saying. So if I read something I don’t like, I can complain to Claycord.com and you will remove it? Sound like you’re trying to control the message and violate my free speech, along with others.

“We’re not a news site operated by executives in New York who couldn’t care less about the people in the community. We care about everyone, and we feel everyone in the community deserves to have a voice.”

Response: We not only deserve to have a voice, it’s our right!

“However, if you’re just here to cause trouble and don’t have any intention of participating in a civil discussion about current topics, please find another website. There are plenty to choose from where you can leave your comment.”

Response: Not agreeing with someone doesn’t mean we (the opposition) are causing problems. Disagreements are healthy and are what this country was founded on.

Thank you for reading.

Important note: Still waiting to hear from you. Please contact Concerned Citizen of Clayton so we can discuss why my comments are being deleted. If I don’t hear from you, I can only assume you are hiding from the problem of free speech. My plan is to contact the local media (Public Comment Section) and make the public aware of your biased and blatant violation of our First Amendment Rights. In addition, copies of this email will be distributed out in front of all area schools and shopping centers.

Please call and save me the time and effort.

Thanks,

Concerned Citizen of Clayton

Cowellian January 16, 2018 at 10:20 AM

Ha!
You obviously have no idea what the 1st Amendment says.

Maybe you should start your own blog, and then you can decide which comments get posted and which ones get deleted.

anon January 16, 2018 at 11:22 AM

Oh yes, please do contact the media. If you think you are ignored here, just wait until the East Bay Times hears from you. They actually know what first amendment rights are.

WC resident January 16, 2018 at 3:23 PM

@Concerned – Part of the game of Claycord is figuring out what’s of interest to both Claycord and the community. Learn from the times you strike out and adjust your stance.

I’ve e-mailed news@claycord and gotten a response, usually a very quick one. I also have I e-mailed something and got no response. For example, there was a period not too long ago where claycord was going through one of it’s “if it bleeds then it leads” phases – day after day of spatter. I wrote up an article (including pictures) that was warm and fuzzy; well, it was moist in places but we won’t get into that… However, it did not bleed and so was ignored.

If you don’t like playing the Claycord game then start your own blog.

Kentucky Derby January 16, 2018 at 10:36 AM

99 percent of my comments make it through. The few that are deleted – that’s okay. It’s not my decision, and I don’t take it personally.

I had no intention of leaving a comment on this “comments thread.” Until I read an above comment. It’s all the confirmation I need that “logic is a learned behavior” and not everybody learned.

Thanks for the chuckle…

Anonymous January 16, 2018 at 11:43 AM

If you have all that energy you should go volunteer somewhere and do something constructive. AND, stop reading Claycord. Start your own.

AlwaysBePositive January 16, 2018 at 12:11 PM

First, I’d like to apologize for the vocabulary of my last comment. I was sick and tired of having Claycord effectively ignore comments from one political persuasion when they were clearly in violation of the stated comment rules.
Second, the article as written is an attempt at misdirection. Few if any of these rules are applied equally. I’ll be interested to see if there is any actual change in how these threads are moderated.

From my experience here on Claycord, it appears that it is okay to say racist things, but it is not okay to call that person a racist.

Concerned about Concerned Citizen January 16, 2018 at 1:48 PM

Concerned citizen obviously is a bored dude who thinks Claycord is a publicly owned site that needs to answer his many issues. So let me just say how concerned I am that Concerned is not in touch with reality. Apparently has himself so worked up that I am concerned for his health. Dude, who gives a sh#t what you think? You are not posting anything of value. You are acting like a whiner who needs to get a life.

Worse you are representing yourself as a body of people when really you seem to be the only big mouth around. If you are so concerned all you need to do is stop reading Claycord. Goodbye. You won’t be missed. But neither will you disrupt. Your claims are bogus. And if you haven’t read MSM, most are posting from Claycord, not because your sorry a## comment was not acknowledged, but because news comes first to Claycord. And that is a fact.

Reading comments like yours just illustrates why someone like you shouldn’t speak. Your rant took up a huge block of text making me scroll resulting in carpal finger. Here’s my finger. See what you did.