CoCo CHP: Driver Attempts to Use Chucky Doll as Passenger in Carpool Lane (PHOTO)

January 11, 2018 17:12 pm · 22 comments

A driver tried to use a Chucky doll as a passenger in the carpool lane today in Contra Costa County.

Here’s what the CHP had to say about the attempted trickery: “We know Jon Gruden is back with the The Oakland Raiders, and we love it too, but this will definitely not work as your carpool passenger. But hilarious! ‘A’ for effort.;..and here’s your carpool ticket. (This seriously happened today…. c’mon people)

Follow the CHP – Contra Costa on Facebook by clicking HERE.

TIFOKCIS January 11, 2018 at 5:51 PM

Everyone wants to live here so they can sit in traffic 2-4hrs a day five days a week.

Jerk January 11, 2018 at 6:51 PM

Moaning? It’s called Reality.

Serious? January 11, 2018 at 6:51 PM

I don’t know about you, but I refuse to commute. I happily live about 15 minutes from work. People who commute are pretty crazy.

Pyrrhus January 12, 2018 at 8:51 AM

That’s great for you, but the majority of people can’t live near their work because of the cost of living. The easiest way to solve this is to allow denser housing in San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose. As well as denser housing around BART stations (eliminates cars on the road). Combine that with a real investment into infrastructure and public transportation (Use the original plan of BART) and the Bay Area could be a lot more affordable.

Randy January 12, 2018 at 9:39 AM

Pyrrus. Or find a job near your home.

Marmalade January 11, 2018 at 6:16 PM

I think that’s funny!
What is sad are the people that actually sit in that crap traffic every day.
The cop got a good laugh at it probably made his day.

Jerk January 11, 2018 at 6:49 PM

That’s all fine and “cute” that the CHP wants to be witty and have an internet presence….But, How about an Actual Freeway presence??? Highway 4.

And I don’t mean a radar sting that you only do every 5 years.

Clayton Black Glove January 11, 2018 at 7:41 PM

That just made my day!! That’s so out there it was hilarious.

CSS January 11, 2018 at 7:56 PM

And a ticket for no car seat also…

KingOfC January 11, 2018 at 8:41 PM

You got to let him go for that!!! Cop was a square obviously

wow January 11, 2018 at 9:11 PM

hahahah…”a” for effort on that one, hilarious!

Bipitybobityboo January 11, 2018 at 9:25 PM

This is what POT does to your brain folks

Mike January 11, 2018 at 9:29 PM

Seriously?
At least the driver made an effort.

I drive a van delivering parts for an auto dealer in WC, PH, Concord, & Martinez every day.
Every day (during commute/meter hours) I usually see at least 12-25 solo drivers using the carpool lane on the on ramps.
That is just while I’m getting onto the freeway during 30 seconds to a minute.

chuckie the troll January 11, 2018 at 10:14 PM

Hey, if women can claim to be men, and vice versa (no pun intended), why can’t my driver and I pretend that I’m alive?

jjshawk January 11, 2018 at 11:55 PM

I can’t be mad, that’s funny. But, Chucky should have been dressed properly.
Go Raiders…!!!

Great Gonzo January 12, 2018 at 5:24 AM

There are ALWAYS guys who try to “beat” the system because they are SOOOOO much smarter than everyone else! THIS is just down right, insultingly dumb!

If you are going to cheat, at least put some serious effort into it!

Reality says... January 12, 2018 at 7:34 AM

Can we please schedule this driver a sterilization appointment – I don’t want them having kids….ever.

JustSaying January 12, 2018 at 8:03 AM

The driver got exited because Jon Gruden is back in Black for the Oakland Raiders!! “This is a real effin deal” – Mark Davis

jen January 12, 2018 at 8:47 AM

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Cowellian January 12, 2018 at 9:10 AM

When we lived in Washington DC, we weren’t allowed to drive on the Interstates inside the Beltway unless we were in a carpool. Some Congress Critter from Iowa was caught with a dummy strapped into his passenger seat. He claimed Congressional immunity, so the police waited until Congress adjourned, and mailed his ticket to Iowa.

Aspirin January 12, 2018 at 9:13 AM

Give credit for the proper seatbelt.

Nathan Nice January 12, 2018 at 9:23 AM

The time you save as a solo driver in the carpool lane versus the fine for when you actually get caught every three to five years is well worth it … no Chuckie doll needed.